Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
If Hollywood knows anything they know that the public loves gay retards jerking off bulls and eating Krispy kremes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
more breen pls

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did anyone post the justice league trailer??

I assume it's really bad but my hotel wifi isn't working so I haven't seen it.

Also power rangers reviews are mainly saying it's better than all the recent DC films, drawing the ire of the self flagellating Dc fan base.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm offended there's not going to be a Russian Power Ranger who turns his robot into a still and bludgeons the gay one to death. This cultural erasure has gone on for far too long.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Going back to the subject of nostalgia for a second, what IS 2000s nostalgia going to be like? 70s nostalgia is all about Wonder Bread and Wacky Races and Land of the Lost and Planet of the Apes and Six-Million Dollar Man and Wonder Woman TV show and so on. 80s nostalgia is ET and He-Man and Thunder-Cats and My Little Pony and Care Bears and Smurfs and Transformers and Cyndi Lauper. 90s nostalgia is Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers and Super Nintendo games and Goosebumps and Legends of the Hidden Temple and Jurassic Park and Mortal Kombat.

We've seen movies that try to cash in on the nostalgia of all these eras, most recently 90s stuff with new TMNT movies and now a Power Ranger movie. But will movie studios ever try to cash in on 2000s-era (2000-2009) stuff? And what will it look like? Cause that era kinda sucked, if you ask me

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Oh noooo they ruined..oh right, Cyborg, carry on.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

What are we, some kind of justice league?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blue Star posted:

Going back to the subject of nostalgia for a second, what IS 2000s nostalgia going to be like? 70s nostalgia is all about Wonder Bread and Wacky Races and Land of the Lost and Planet of the Apes and Six-Million Dollar Man and Wonder Woman TV show and so on. 80s nostalgia is ET and He-Man and Thunder-Cats and My Little Pony and Care Bears and Smurfs and Transformers and Cyndi Lauper. 90s nostalgia is Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers and Super Nintendo games and Goosebumps and Legends of the Hidden Temple and Jurassic Park and Mortal Kombat.

We've seen movies that try to cash in on the nostalgia of all these eras, most recently 90s stuff with new TMNT movies and now a Power Ranger movie. But will movie studios ever try to cash in on 2000s-era (2000-2009) stuff? And what will it look like? Cause that era kinda sucked, if you ask me

are you excited for the Adventure Time reboot in ten years?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Blue Star posted:

To answer that, I'd have to know what kids were into during that time, and I have no idea. Harry Potter? That's all I got.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Is this the real life....

Is this just fantasy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw

Caught in a landslide....

No escape from reality.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Dexter's Laboratory (the movie will just be named Dexter)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blue Star posted:

Going back to the subject of nostalgia for a second, what IS 2000s nostalgia going to be like?

The Hobbit trilogy (lol) is already in the can.

The reboot of The Matrix has already been greenlit.

And I'd put solid money on someone out there trying to get a Resident Evil movie based directly on the first game made.

It'll be at least 15 years before they remake Harry Potter.

And the Fast/Furious and Underworld series are just gonna go on forever.

Then there will be reboots of The Avengers and X-Men, re-re-re-reboots of Batman and Superman, a reboot of Bay Transformers, and reboots of awful 2000's era horror films like Saw and Paranormal Activity.

Inevitably Disney will remake Star Wars 1-6.

Then comes the reboot of Avatars both blue cat and caricature of asians.

Also there will be Game of Thrones tie-in movies, an Arrested Development movie, and a reboot of The Walking Dead with a film tie-in prequel.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also there will be Game of Thrones tie-in movies, an Arrested Development movie, and a reboot of The Walking Dead with a film tie-in prequel.

The Walking Dead TV shows are making a pretty good attempt to completely destroy any positive feelings anyone could have towards the franchise

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

2000s nostalgia will be people getting SA accounts to see what the place was like.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

powerful sex moves posted:

Yeah, it says "queer" which means she usually dates men but one time fell in love with a girl. Mostly they just did hand stuff.

Based on early reviews/articles, apparently the entirety of her queerness is this:

She's looking upset about something, and one of the guys says "Boyfriend problems?"
"No."
"...Girlfriend problems?"
And I think she rolls her eyes or something, but doesn't deny it.

There you have it, folks, 100% non-heterosexual, the filmmakers will now present their backs to be patted for this milestone in LGBTQ representation

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Walking Dead TV shows are making a pretty good attempt to completely destroy any positive feelings anyone could have towards the franchise

Still lolling that one of their big season cliffhangers was "which person is this guy gonna BEAT UP?!?"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jesus. :cripes:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Still lolling that one of their big season cliffhangers was "which person is this guy gonna BEAT UP?!?"

Yeah they got "beat up" alright. Somebody get those guys an ice pack for their head.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

Surprised the gay ranger is not rainbow ranger. And the autist is not spectrum ranger.

they need to bring back the rainbow ranger

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it looks like absolute poo poo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I like how Cyborg gets a helmet to go over his face-parts so that he's literally just Iron Man.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Momoa seems too good for this crap, draft him into the MCU, shave the beard, make him Namor.

Except Namor was a humourless gently caress who would be perfect for the DCU.. Character swap??

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
universal or some poo poo has film rights to namor so hes never to appear

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

violent sex idiot posted:

universal or some poo poo has film rights to namor so hes never to appear

I'm not disappointed by that at all.

That would be quite the flick though, lead would wear nothing but a fishscale speedo for the duration??

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
you cant really do a namor movie without the fantastic four+doom so who cares anyway

naem
May 29, 2011

priznat posted:

Momoa seems too good for this crap, draft him into the MCU, shave the beard, make him Namor.

Except Namor was a humourless gently caress who would be perfect for the DCU.. Character swap??

Yeah he's got a lot of personality, I hope he can get a good vehicle for his talents other than "ripped naked brown guy"

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

When Jason Momoa was on Stargate Atlantis, I ran into him at a food court during Dragon Con and I said "oh, hi!" as I was walking by. He looked me up and down and said hi back.

That's my Jason Momoa story. Thanks for reading.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:toxx: probate me for a week if Justice League is higher than 50% on RT one week after release in the US

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

violent sex idiot posted:

you cant really do a namor movie without the fantastic four+doom so who cares anyway

Agreed. :gaz:

Seriously though, how much would it realistically cost to buy the rights to Namor back? $5? $1?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm so so glad Marvel don't have the rights to X Men cos no way in a million years they'd have made Logan.

X men apocalypse was exactly what would happen if marvel had the rights to that franchise

What I'm saying is it's not a bad thing that marvel studios don't own every single one of the marvel characters. Obviously fox have a lot more leeway than Sony do with the Spider-Man stuff but I guess that doesn't matter any more now that marvel are co producing spider man homecoming

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd like to see a BotW/re:View hybrid where they go in-depth on every Fantastic Four movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first two are from such a simpler time. I'd rather watch them ten times each than sit through FantFourstic ever again

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why did they need another actor to play the Flash?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I was gonna make a post about nobody wanting the flash but im kinda drunk and now I wanna watch something with the flash in it.

Nothing that exists mind you. I'm sure that's all crap.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

poisonpill posted:

Is this the real life....

Is this just fantasy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw

Caught in a landslide....

No escape from reality.
Finally watched this and uh

um

Wonder Woman's makeup looks tasteful and understated, at least?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Based on early reviews/articles, apparently the entirety of her queerness is this:

She's looking upset about something, and one of the guys says "Boyfriend problems?"
"No."
"...Girlfriend problems?"
And I think she rolls her eyes or something, but doesn't deny it.

There you have it, folks, 100% non-heterosexual, the filmmakers will now present their backs to be patted for this milestone in LGBTQ representation

Apparently enough to get R rated in Russia?!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can't believe I am saying this but aqua seems dope. However, I bet all of best scenes are in the trailer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So when is Garrett Gilchrist going to guest on Best of the Worst?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

He hates Jay for some reason, so never.

Here is some of Classic Gilchrist's stand up comedy. It's real good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pqow9GVd3A

• Locked thread