Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, what's up with Cincy letting half their team go every year? Member when they were good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

89 posted:

So, what's up with Cincy letting half their team go every year? Member when they were good?

Everyone that left either got a big contract elsewhere (Sanu, Marvin Jones, Andrew Whitworth, Kevin Zeitler) or were old and not good anymore (Peko,Maulauga)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

89 posted:

Andey

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's funny to lose half your team yearly, and all your good coaches yearly unless you don't have any, as a prank

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Going to be amazing when the Browns one day reach the Super Bowl and Ashton Kutcher pops out and reveals the worlds longest episode of Punk'd.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Domata Peko isn't good anymore? :saddowns:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Peko was never good actually but he is cool as heck and a fan favorite

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

And the brief Peko at FB experiment was fun

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Where is the Romo release

Where I ask

This was supposed to happen today

:sigh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

Where I ask

just u w8 m8 i hav sourcez say its 2morow

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

Where I ask

I figure if he doesn't get traded to the Texans he's just going to flat out retire.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I figure if he doesn't get traded to the Texans he's just going to flat out retire.

Why not take $20 million to sit behind Dak?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Ok fine, I'll do it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, he ain't retiring. That's leaving a lot of money on the table.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Chichevache posted:

The team doesn't want to pay a backup that kind of money anymore than Romo wants to be a backup.

They'd prefer to trade him, but ultimately will cut him if nobody bites for the cap relief.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 27, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Apparently it's between Houston and CBS.

Obviously he should just retire and golf but man can you imagine what romo winning a superbowl in houston would do to Dallas?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

FizFashizzle posted:

Apparently it's between Houston and CBS.

Obviously he should just retire and golf but man can you imagine what romo winning a superbowl in houston would do to Dallas?

Isn't he super close to Jerry Jones? I could see him going to CBS over Houston because he doesn't want to cuck Dallas by winning a Super Bowl with Houston.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I want Romo to go to Houston and lead them to the Super Bowl where he beats Dallas. We are already in the darkest timeline.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Romo taking $20 mil to be a backup is the hero we need.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

Isn't he super close to Jerry Jones? I could see him going to CBS over Houston because he doesn't want to cuck Dallas by winning a Super Bowl with Houston.

I dont think any amount of closeness is going to prevent the guy who hasn't ever been to the super bowl from giving it at least one last shot.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

The team doesn't want to pay a backup that kind of money anymore than Romo wants to be a backup.

They'd prefer to trade him, but ultimately will cut him if nobody bites for the cap relief.

That's my point. If he doesn't get traded to Houston he won't just say, "gently caress it, time to hang them up". He either gets paid an insane amount to hang out in Dallas, or he gets cut. If Romo wants to play for Houston this year he is going to get his chance. They just have to be patient.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

I dont think any amount of closeness is going to prevent the guy who hasn't ever been to the super bowl from giving it at least one last shot.

Playing in the AFC for any team but the Patriots makes it impossible to even get to the Super Bowl - #blitz4six

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If there's anyone who'd take a twenty million dollar payday to be a backup and play golf it's tony romo.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

And the lord bless him for it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

Playing in the AFC for any team but the Patriots makes it impossible to even get to the Super Bowl - #blitz4six

Unless the Colts have a veritable orgasm of competence over the offseason the Texans should easily be able to get to the playoffs at least. Who knows, he could at least make it to the AFC championship if he's lucky!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

oh my god shut up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I look forward to the Texans looking like an unbeatable juggernaut with Romo until week 5 when he goes on IR

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Needs a turtle formation around Romo where everyone has shields and squares around him while he unleashes dragons into the end zone.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

evilweasel posted:

Unless the Colts have a veritable orgasm of competence over the offseason the Texans should easily be able to get to the playoffs at least. Who knows, he could at least make it to the AFC championship if he's lucky!

Well since they fired Grigson the orgasm has begun..!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*signs Jabaal Sheard and John Simon to be the primary edge rushers*

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

*signs Jabaal Sheard and John Simon to be the primary edge rushers*

I'm almost there.....!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
6 Ring Shrimp

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Him coming out of posting semi-retirement to poo poo on everybody was a great addition to the Superbowl.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Houston riding Romo to the Super Bowl is a hilarious outcome and if we absolutely cannot blitz for six this year I'd still be satisfied with that :)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If Romo really did say "Texans or retirement" behind the scenes (which I doubt) I see no reason Jones wouldn't just say "Fine, retire"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And also no reason for the Texans to bother negotiating hard or offering a lot or (especially) taking over the 20M salary contract. They can go one on one with Romo, show him their roster (maybe get him to sign an NDA and discuss their draft strategy too) and basically say "let us pay you like eight mil and we'll give you your last real shot at a championship behind a line that can actually defend your broken body and you can throw the ball to nuk" and that should do it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans line isn't all that good though, especially in pass pro

His salary for 2017 is only $14 million which is cheap for a QB of his caliber when healthy. If the Texans could get him for a 5th or later then see if he has anything left on that first year of the deal I'd be fine with it. If he stays healthy and plays near his past level then he'd absolutely be worth the following $20m year

But I don't think Jerry wants to even consider the possibility of Romo taking the Texans to the Superbowl

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think Brock managed to make them look worse than they really are? Maybe you're right, I had the impression their OL was OK but I might be misled.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nah, the line was pretty bad. Duane Brown missed the first four(?) games (but to be fair was excellent once he came back), Nick Martin went on IR in the preseason, Derek Newton tore both of his patella tendons, Jeff Allen played hurt through the early part of the season and never looked good, Sua Filo is ehhh

They could be better this year with Brown not coming off a torn quad and Nick Martin at center, but they badly need a right tackle and didn't pick one up in the FA market

Also:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/846464410239430656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Guess we're rolling the dice with Paxton

• Locked thread