Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Johnny Joestar posted:

given that other people involved with it came into the comments and more or less said 'this is a weird amount of cherrypicked crap and we kicked the dude because he sucked at his job' i have a feeling that there's way less strife involved than some are trying to make it out to be

Ah, just saw the comments. Definitely seems that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Added Space posted:

I'm going to say that a creative project is not an appropriate place for a political fight.

Given that creative projects are inherently political by their nature of being created by humans (and thus influenced by their culture, background, beliefs, and opinions AKA politics), I'd be curious to know what is the appropriate place to call out a racist shithead if not your own creative team.

That sort of head-in-the-sand thinking is how poo poo like this gets into the final product:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

actually its pretty encouraging to hear that a racist got kicked off the team

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This btw, is why whoever the project lead is needs to be able to stamp the foot down and say "Okay everyone shut the gently caress up about the thing that's not important to what we're doing." Which has come up a few times in my own development circles. You need someone to make it 100% clear that you're there to do a job, whatever that job is, and not to get into a slap fight with the other team members.

EDIT: No, it's not loving important what a person believes when they have a job to do. What is important is them doing their job and doing it right. If they're not doing their job right, that's a problem that needs to be addressed, and if them not doing their job right comes down to their beliefs, whatever they may be, that's when they get addressed.

If you've got the time to be upset and debate one of your fellow workers about politics, then apparently you finished all of your own work, yes? Otherwise, you pack that poo poo in, act like a god damned adult, and do your loving job. THAT is the cause of fan project failings, when people don't treat their work seriously. When they joke "Oh it doesn't matter if it isn't good/doesn't come out/isn't X, it's just a fan thing. Who cares?

EDIT EDIT: Clarifying on the poo poo that happened from one Anon on /vp/, also because I always like to find things out for myself, not just read them.

Such is Life.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 26, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

EclecticTastes posted:

Given that creative projects are inherently political by their nature of being created by humans (and thus influenced by their culture, background, beliefs, and opinions AKA politics), I'd be curious to know what is the appropriate place to call out a racist shithead if not your own creative team.

Pretty sure Pokemon Sage is not a nuanced political commentary. An appropriate place would be when you're not trying to get work done. If your top priority on a creative project is monitoring the police leanings of your workers, you've got other problems.

E: Agree with Onmi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think theres a diff. between political leanings and a dude saying apropos of nothing that rape is a good thing so long as you feed the bitch some money afterwards, but cool hot take there

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Onmi posted:

EDIT: No, it's not loving important what a person believes when they have a job to do. What is important is them doing their job and doing it right. If they're not doing their job right, that's a problem that needs to be addressed, and if them not doing their job right comes down to their beliefs, whatever they may be, that's when they get addressed.

If you've got the time to be upset and debate one of your fellow workers about politics, then apparently you finished all of your own work, yes? Otherwise, you pack that poo poo in, act like a god damned adult, and do your loving job. THAT is the cause of fan project failings, when people don't treat their work seriously. When they joke "Oh it doesn't matter if it isn't good/doesn't come out/isn't X, it's just a fan thing. Who cares?

Good grief, thank you for that. Nothing irritates more than that one team member who is Always On and has to make sure everyone knows at all times what a Good Person with the Correct Opinions they are. It's very draining and I just started tuning that guy out.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Endorph posted:

i think theres a diff. between political leanings and a dude saying apropos of nothing that rape is a good thing so long as you feed the bitch some money afterwards, but cool hot take there

At least somebody gets it. You can't call someone out for their lovely opinions if they keep their drat mouths shut about them.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

At least somebody gets it. You can't call someone out for their lovely opinions if they keep their drat mouths shut about them.

Pretty much this. I'm sure there's examples of the contrary but these spats almost always seemed to be initiated by bigots.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

TravelLog posted:

OneAngryGamer just wrote an article about some inter-group problems with Sage. I wonder how slanted the article is based on who spoke to the writer, but if true its certainly discouraging to hear.

That's good news for Sage, that they've booted out an idiot butthurt conservative writer. the whole article seems to be unmitigated bullshit cobbled together from lies by a former project member plus insinuations and slanted language added by a writer with an agenda.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

DeafNote posted:

Lurantis was tough, mostly because I let it get away with setting up sunny day

Mimikyu kicked my rear end from monday to sunday because I had nothing that resisted Fairy

but all of that was still more fair than whatever the hell that Heatwave pokemon is

I forget how well I did with Lurantis, but I'm pretty sure I did alright seeing as I had a Torracat with me. Mimikyu, however, was pretty much the first fight I had in the entire game that totally wiped my party out, mainly because of it being faster than any of my party, and plus I had wasted an Inferno Overdrive on it...while it still had it's disguise up. :ughh:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
In other news btw, here's a dropbox filled with cut Sage designs.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g0exdjc1rdlkg4z/AACeECGygTRaOrpumZupbF4sa/Not%20Implemented?dl=0

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Gilgamesh255 posted:

I forget how well I did with Lurantis, but I'm pretty sure I did alright seeing as I had a Torracat with me. Mimikyu, however, was pretty much the first fight I had in the entire game that totally wiped my party out, mainly because of it being faster than any of my party, and plus I had wasted an Inferno Overdrive on it...while it still had it's disguise up. :ughh:

I also wasted my Z-Move on Totem Mimikyu's disguise, it was a very embarrassing moment for me. :negative:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

A god drat Scizor showed up in the last totem fight, you don't know how much time I spent trying to knock down the totem boss without KOing the Scizor... and discover that you cannot capture pokemon during totem fights - so much effort for nothing.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
at least Pokemon Clover is clearly supposed to be dumb, and at least some of the pokemon are worth a laugh, like the one that's just a cute raindrop but it's holding a gun, or Barbarkley, which is a basketball Barbacle. i hope whatever plot it has is equally dumb shitposting, instead of trying to be serious like this one

also hahahahah, Clover /also/ has construction equipment lizards, Lizascoop and Reptrill

really i don't get the pokemon in this game that /aren't/ stupid 4chan-ey jokes, like the ordinary-rear end fossil pokemon. i kinda wish they'd gone with something like 'dinosaur with ridiculously long neck to the point where the head is off-screen' or 'a neanderthal'

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Aww, it's ball-in-a-cup! :kimchi:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

I'm not ok with that spider. Save it for Pokeustralia jesus christ

The butler squid is the best kind of dumb, though. I can see why they cut it but I still love it.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

EclecticTastes posted:

I also wasted my Z-Move on Totem Mimikyu's disguise, it was a very embarrassing moment for me. :negative:
:v: I did that in Moon too because I didn't know Disguise was a thing.

Gologle posted:

I had to look the name Celesteela up as someone who quit playing Pokemon a long long long time ago, and wow, when did Pokemon become Digimon?
Celesteela is a bamboo rocketship that is also a space princess. She is the best and coolest Ultra Beast :colbert:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Oh, is that a Princess Kaguya Reference?
*checks * Sure is!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Her japanese name is Tekkaguya, even. Which, I believe, also references that one of Japan's space rockets or satellites was named Kaguya.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

or 'a neanderthal'

I'd play the gently caress out of "Ancino Man, but also Pokemon".

EDIT: I love how many attempts were made at "Teacup Eel".

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

EclecticTastes posted:

I'd play the gently caress out of "Ancino Man, but also Pokemon".

EDIT: I love how many attempts were made at "Teacup Eel".

i'd say we got a better alternative to it, at least

cuppy, water

fettlekish, water/fire

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like those names a lot. :3:

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.

Johnny Joestar posted:

cuppy, water

fettlekish, water/fire

You could say it's a different kettle of fish entirely...

*runs*

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

cuppy, water

fettlekish, water/fire

oh my god :kimchi:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shiny version should have jazz pattern.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Johnny Joestar posted:

cuppy, water

fettlekish, water/fire
I love them

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Tunicate posted:

Shiny version should have jazz pattern.

This is a good post and you should feel good.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gologle posted:

I had to look the name Celesteela up as someone who quit playing Pokemon a long long long time ago, and wow, when did Pokemon become Digimon?

If you see the UBs and think Digimon before Jojo stands, in a game that has Jojo-pose super moves as a central mechanic, I think the problem is on your end.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I was looking through the sage wiki to look at all the other amazing pokemon designs and found something pretty funny. Now granted, the devs said they are reworking this ability.

Meet this guy:

This is his original ability:

quote:

Full Force:
Any move that the bearer uses which has a variable base power will always use the highest possible base power.

He learns Reversal

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

theGrooseofLegend posted:

I was looking through the sage wiki to look at all the other amazing pokemon designs and found something pretty funny. Now granted, the devs said they are reworking this ability.

Meet this guy:

He learns Reversal

Yeah, a number of Sage Pokemon have that.

Including a ground type who learns Magnitude. 30 PP, 150 base power ground STAB is lol.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zore posted:

Yeah, a number of Sage Pokemon have that.

Including a ground type who learns Magnitude. 30 PP, 150 base power ground STAB is lol.
It's EQ with extra PP. If you burn through 16 EQs in one match, you are either doing something very right or very wrong. Either way, not worth much by itself.

Now, Fling on the other hand... :getin:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
it has 50 more BP the EQ, that's pretty significantly different

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PMush Perfect posted:

It's EQ with extra PP. If you burn through 16 EQs in one match, you are either doing something very right or very wrong. Either way, not worth much by itself.

... Its Earthquake with 50% more power. Its 225 power after STAB.

Its the same power as Hyper Beam and its variants just with perfect accuracy and no recharge turn.

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 26, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zore posted:

... Its Earthquake with 50% more power. Its 225 power after STAB.

Its the same power as Hyper Beam and its variants just with perfect accuracy and no recharge turn.
Oh Jesus Christ, never mind. That's significantly better than I thought.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

fling: 130
magnitude: 150
reversal: 200

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Fling can only be used once since the item gets used up in the process.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

EclecticTastes posted:

Me too. :sigh:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Meet this guy:

He learns Reversal

the most important things about this pokemon are that it's poison/fighting and this little buddy is the form before it

they are platypow and platikhao, respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

What does flail max out at?

• Locked thread