Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im becoming increasingly intrigued to watch rogue one, since apparently my dad cant even be bothered to finish watching it

its an alright film, good themes, hinky plot at times but overall worth seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aves Maria! posted:

its an alright film, good themes, hinky plot at times but overall worth seeing.

ill get to watching it some time later, lots of stuff to do and play atm

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Rhesus Pieces posted:

In early American history lobster was considered garbage food fit only for poor people and prisoners

Then rich tourists from NY and D.C. were fooled into thinking it was a delicacy and the price skyrocketed

no not really. certain kinds of lobster were always highly prized, while others were considered garbage - and the poor and prisoners would be fed offcuts from the fancier sort as well as regular lobster of the sorts that weren't worth much, usually lobsters that were too small and thus a pain to get much meat out of. the famous incident of prisoners rioting over being fed lobster too often? they were eating basically a hash of the leftover lobster bits and low quality lobster, not nicely cooked high quality lobster.

meanwhile, lobster really doesn't keep very well, even with modern refrigeration but especially back in the day. hence it'd be increasingly more expensive and rare to have lobster at all the further you go from the big lobster catching areas of the northeast. getting it out to dc would take several days by ship for instance, all while keeping some sort of tank of seawater taking up a bunch of space to keep the lobsters alive in, that's pricey shipping. and for places further afield it kept being a bigger issue.

so even today, lobster will be quite pricey if you can even get it in a lot of the country, while it remains dirt cheap up in maine and close by.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Randler posted:

I was told it was Star Wars. Now I don't know what to believe.

It doesn't follow the Lucas canon so it's fine

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It doesn't follow the Lucas canon so it's fine

https://i.imgur.com/eH36E1l.gifv

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hmm, free titanfall 2 weekend. going to need to check specs come morning

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
justice league looks great, it's just a shame all these movies end with dull battles against a horde of aliens/robots

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Shouldn't this go in the unicorn thread?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have a feeling this piss pig granddad movie is going to be extremely offensive to victims of the war.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/845784131187429377

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009
Pruney hands makes me hungry.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I think this is an oxymoron

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bueno Papi posted:

Pruney hands makes me hungry.
i was doing the dishes

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

so even today, lobster will be quite pricey if you can even get it in a lot of the country, while it remains dirt cheap up in maine and close by.

if the poster from around maine saying it is 8 bucks a pound was right that's not really dirt cheap by any standard

even without going for the really cheap meats i can get beef about 4/lb and chicken for 2/lb

tilapia for less than 3/lb too but that makes my apartment smell like fish for ages so i don't cook it

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
also i drink almond milk because it is less than two thirds the price of soy milk wtf california

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

UberJew posted:

if the poster from around maine saying it is 8 bucks a pound was right that's not really dirt cheap by any standard

even without going for the really cheap meats i can get beef about 4/lb and chicken for 2/lb

tilapia for less than 3/lb too but that makes my apartment smell like fish for ages so i don't cook it

It is by the standard of how much lobster costs in the rest of the country.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
And lol if you don't drink whole milk

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

And lol if you don't drink whole milk

actual milk spoils too quickly for how seldomly i use it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I can't do lactose anymore. :smith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

UberJew posted:

actual milk spoils too quickly for how seldomly i use it

Yeah I get them little half jugs and even then I'll occasionally get one that goes bad before I finish it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

UberJew posted:

also i drink almond milk because it is less than two thirds the price of soy milk wtf california

Almond milk is way tastier though.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Can you even get almond/soy milk in Skinnytitty?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bueno Papi posted:

Can you even get almond/soy milk in Skinnytitty?

Probably. You have them in most grocery stores in Albany, I can't imagine Schenectady is that far back behind the times.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the gently caress is a lobster roll

delicious

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:sad:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lactase helps a bit, but not sufficiently. I will never have a pizza again and not regret it.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/connortryan/status/845802789032865792

Huma nooo

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

christ, politics must have been his life force. he looks like a skeleton

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
or maybe texting pictures of his dick to women was his life force and this is the terrible result of his attempts to change

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
He's an incubus. The dick pics thing is kinda like The Ring.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

or maybe texting pictures of his dick to women was his life force and this is the terrible result of his attempts to change

As if he ever really stopped

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

the paradigm shift posted:

As if he ever really stopped

Yeah. What do you think he's doing with his left hand, conveniently out of frame?

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Lactase helps a bit, but not sufficiently. I will never have a pizza again and not regret it.

You can still eat pizza, dumbass.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bueno Papi posted:

You can still eat pizza, dumbass.

Sure, if I want stomach cramps and general gastrointestinal unease.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Yeah I get them little half jugs and even then I'll occasionally get one that goes bad before I finish it.

:canada:

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sure, if I want stomach cramps and general gastrointestinal unease.

Aged cheeses are generally low in lactose. Sub 2% low. Grate some parm and bingo, sonny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bueno Papi posted:

Aged cheeses are general low in lactose. Sub 2% low. Grate some parm and bingo, sonny.

Or I could just not. :shrug:

• Locked thread