Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Shame Hooker's going to be out a while because of surgeries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Chargers are too stupid to draft an OL so I think they'll grab Hooker and hope he heals. That sounds like the Chargers thing to do.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Is everyone roleplaying as the GM rather than making their own choices?
... because if you are, that changes everything.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

If Hooker/Allen are gone I think there's basically no chance Carolina doesn't take Fournette, no matter how much it hurts the other panthers fans here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the Bengals ought to draft some kind of a real "player" who can really do the plays more than someone else sometimes

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sad King Billy posted:

Is everyone roleplaying as the GM rather than making their own choices?
... because if you are, that changes everything.

Everyone does it differently. Some people try to "win" the goon draft with the best possible picks (usually just by looking at rankings and taking BPA), but they're silly people.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I might be able to pick tomorrow morning if it gets to me soon. Fair warning for the Browns, I'm going out tonight.

And I got no idea

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gatts posted:

I might be able to pick tomorrow morning if it gets to me soon. Fair warning for the Browns, I'm going out tonight.

And I got no idea

Gatts, if you pay more than a 2nd for Garappollo we will have words.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Howie has said Eagles are going BPA, soooo..

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Chargers are too stupid to draft an OL so I think they'll grab Hooker and hope he heals. That sounds like the Chargers thing to do.

They're not drafting a left tackle at 7 after signing Okung anyway. Hooker is the right pick

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

Gatts, if you pay more than a 2nd for Garappollo we will have words.

Dude...uh...I think Albert Belle is still available...

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gatts posted:

Dude...uh...I think Albert Belle is still available...

Just don't let an ump get a hold of his bat.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

Just don't let an ump get a hold of his bat.

Right.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

That's quite a red text you have.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

That's quite a red text you have.

HA! Yeah.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I realize we just signed some linebackers, but I'm trying to bring back the glory days of the Dome Patrol, dammit. Would've loved Barnett too, but he went earlier.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Silly Burrito posted:

I realize we just signed some linebackers, but I'm trying to bring back the glory days of the Dome Patrol, dammit. Would've loved Barnett too, but he went earlier.

Now THAT'S a draft pick post

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

drat you Silly Burrito, I was hoping he'd fall to me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ShakeZula posted:

drat you Silly Burrito, I was hoping he'd fall to me

Gatts posted:

I was gonna draft Foster so I got my pick snatched but please stand by, incoming....

These are the best kind of posts in the goon draft thread. :D

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 26, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I was gonna draft Foster so I got my pick snatched but please stand by, incoming....

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
After Foster was gone I did some thinking and though the Browns have a lot of needs and we have Barnidge I think Howard is a great fit to prepare for a QB next year. Otherwise would have done Corey Davis WR but the offense needs help in any capacity and two big dudes who can perform will help.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gatts posted:

After Foster was gone I did some thinking and though the Browns have a lot of needs and we have Barnidge I think Howard is a great fit to prepare for a QB next year. Otherwise would have done Corey Davis WR but the offense needs help in any capacity and two big dudes who can perform will help.

I approve.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

I approve.

Thank you. I messaged Mr. Logan so he is next.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I was also thinking about Foster. I went with BPA plus it was a position of need and Arians likes versatile players.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
All the first round RB's are still on the board besides Fournette!! :dance:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

All the first round RB's are still on the board besides Fournette!! :dance:

Which one do you like? Please don't tell me you're a Mccaffery guy. He's good, real good, but our problem since the Andy Reid years has been not having a guy that can run the rock up the gut in a tough redzone play. As good as McCoy was for us, he was a between the 20s guy and I'm sure you remember the same complaints I do about not having that endzone guy. Break the cycle.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Pick is in. Pass rush is a huge need for the Colts but the value just wasn't there and the CB2 on the roster right now is literally Rashaan loving Melvin, so Humphrey seemed like the right choice.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Diqnol posted:

Which one do you like? Please don't tell me you're a Mccaffery guy. He's good, real good, but our problem since the Andy Reid years has been not having a guy that can run the rock up the gut in a tough redzone play. As good as McCoy was for us, he was a between the 20s guy and I'm sure you remember the same complaints I do about not having that endzone guy. Break the cycle.

Jk, we getting one later. CB is a huge need, but WR was the real problem last year. We're shooting for elite.

Corey Davis.

Between Alshon/Davis/Smith/Matthews, we'd be GOLD at WR. Especially with Ertz. Don't wanna say "plug and play" RB at this point. But with that line and Davis added...kinda.

Otherwise, the pick was gonna be Sidney Jones, but that ACL. Then, maybe Tabor, but he's more late first to me.

BPA. Schwartz will make the defense work. What matters the most and was the biggest problem last year was offense. We gotta have Wentz develop correctly..

And you're right about McCoy. I love the guy to death, but I do remember how frustrating it was having him at the goal line. ESPECIALLY in the chip Kelly years

89 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 27, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Also, Foster and Barnett would have been great picks, but they got taken.

Humphrey is the next best CB. But I feel like I've read nothing but bad things about him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
With Barnett, Williams, and Humphrey gone the draft could not have fallen much worse for me. Was tempted to go with John Ross because he has super star potential. Sadly speed is the one thing Baltimore has on offense so it would feel like a misallocation of resources to pick him up to pair with the burners we already have. Ideally in this spot the Ravens can trade down but Taco is a delicious consolation prize.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I mean seriously, though.

Paul Turner, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, Dorial Green-Becksuck, Bryce Treggs

vs.

Paul Turner, Alshon Jeffrey, Corey Davis, Torrey Smith, Jordan Matthews

:f5:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Easy BPA in a position of need. Sure we could use a left guard, or a secondary, or a front office, but those players don't sell jerseys.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Easy BPA in a position of need. Sure we could use a left guard, or a secondary, or a front office, but those players don't sell jerseys.

Kirk needs (even more) weapons!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

89 posted:

Dorial Green-Becksuck

Jesus Christ

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/130B79wMsSDVyLDRiqic4XUJRlLFDwTJ-OtU5iHBdlUQ/edit?usp=sharing

Use it, or don't. Whatever. Let me know who needs edit access since I'll be busy (lose interest) around round 3 I'm sure.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrLogan posted:

Kirk needs (even more) weapons!

I'm a strict advocate for BPA. If I were a real GM I'd look for a team that really needed a RB and would try to shop away my first for more picks. Ultimately this is all a lottery anyway and I'd rather have more tickets than an early one. Plus RBs are easy to slot in early and I doubt we're going to have Kirk next year anyway so might as well WIN NOW BABY.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
As if we're going to win anything this year beyond an early draft pick.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Unless you have a great O Line I'm not sure how much difference an RB is gonna make. In general

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gatts posted:

Unless you have a great O Line I'm not sure how much difference an RB is gonna make. In general

With the exception of the left guard Washington's line is actually really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ShakeZula posted:

Pick is in. Pass rush is a huge need for the Colts but the value just wasn't there and the CB2 on the roster right now is literally Rashaan loving Melvin, so Humphrey seemed like the right choice.

I like that pick. Ballard has addressed pass rush in free agency enough that the Colts could afford to use a first on a CB. There's always other rounds to find some hidden gems too.

• Locked thread