Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Please trade Emelin for this dog ASAP, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

That seems kinda sketchy, I mean I'd hope someone isn't loving around with concussion protocol for on-ice reasons but agree it's real dumb of the leafs not to have their own guy there to check it out.

The thought occurred to me but I think it's too cynical to assume it was done for gamesmanship, the Sabres were all over the crease and Andersen caught a lot of contact. Just seems crazy to me that the Leafs don't have a team doctor at every game.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Koopa Kid posted:

The thought occurred to me but I think it's too cynical to assume it was done for gamesmanship, the Sabres were all over the crease and Andersen caught a lot of contact. Just seems crazy to me that the Leafs don't have a team doctor at every game.

I am amazed that every game has concussion spotters, but not a loving doctor to treat a visiting player. :psyduck:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It was a big dumb loss like this that caused me to panic and assume the Hawks were going nowhere fast in 2015.
I suppose now I'll guess it's their turn to Panik and go nowhere fast.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
happy 20th anniversary!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7DlAjrhm9s

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I was seriously just saying how I thought the Hawks were going to waste all their bullshit luck getting the president's trophy or best in the west, and now here's a loss by a touchdown and it's ok because now they'll just run out of luck and start playing like poo poo immediately. Why wait for playoffs?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Koopa Kid posted:

Well, now I don't feel quite so :tinfoil: for thinking of it, but I'd like to hope that docs aren't screwing around when they make a call like that.

Sleeper Pimp
Nov 2, 2006

Ess Jay SCHARKS DAWT COM
What the hell is wrong with the Sharks? I haven't seen them poo poo the bed this bad(outside of the playoffs) in years. I haven't been able to watch every game this season, but is there any specific reason they're just falling apart right now?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Clearly Tommy Wingels was the glue holding the Sharks together.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
gently caress the Kings

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Sleeper Pimp posted:

What the hell is wrong with the Sharks? I haven't seen them poo poo the bed this bad(outside of the playoffs) in years. I haven't been able to watch every game this season, but is there any specific reason they're just falling apart right now?

The reason is:

they are bad

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Apropos of nothing I met Phil the Stanley Cup GuyTM at the Thunderbirds game tonight, he was there with a few artifacts from the 1917 champion Seattle Metropolitans team. It was cool and he's nice.

Sleeper Pimp
Nov 2, 2006

Ess Jay SCHARKS DAWT COM

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The reason is:

they are bad

I knew it!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah and I think Sid was consistently #1 in primary assists too but all people ever bitched about was the secondaries. Thing is when you get a ton of assists because you own you tend to get a lot of both kinds.

Reminder that Sid got hosed into a tie for the Richard because of Stamkos piling up empty netters

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Matt Zerella posted:

gently caress the Kings

forever and ever, amen

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Thanks to the Sharks falling apart down the stretch, there's now a 3 way tie for first in the Pacific between the Ducks, Oilers and Sharks. Oilers play the Ducks once more, and the Sharks twice more. Ducks and Sharks don't play each other. We could see the Oilers go from 29th a season ago to winners of a bad division. :getin:

Also the Oilers can clinch a playoff spot on Tuesday with a win vs. the Kings. Unbelievable.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Chows posted:

Apropos of nothing I met Phil the Stanley Cup GuyTM at the Thunderbirds game tonight, he was there with a few artifacts from the 1917 champion Seattle Metropolitans team. It was cool and he's nice.

The blonde No Country For Old Men looking dude? Didn't know they were doing that poo poo last night

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Duke Chin posted:

The blonde No Country For Old Men looking dude? Didn't know they were doing that poo poo last night

I thought Phil the Stanley Cup guy played for the Penguins.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

This is up there with that crazy incestuous Spanish family tree for Charles II of Spain, which i would upload but loving imgur doesnt allow mobile uploads so just google it yourself

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't think a goalie's going to win but excellent chance that no one breaks 100 pts and very good chance no forward except McDavid hits 90, no forward hits 50, etc., and that's usually the kind of thing that helps a non-forward win. I also think Burns for Hart is dead given both him and the Sharks cooling off.

I'd be pretty surprised if McDavid doesn't win it.

This got me wondering, so I looked up for comparison the last time a goalie won (2014-15, Price):
1) Price- 44-16-6, 1.96GAA, .933SV% (95.41% of vote)
2) Ovechkin- 53G-28A-81P (56.56%)
3) Tavares- 38G-48A-86P (47.07)

Dubnyk was fourth.

Compare this to a hypothetical Crosby/McJesus/Bob as it stands now:
Crosby- 42-40-82
McDavid- 26-62-88
Bobrovsky- 40-13-5, 1.99, .934

It's awfully similar, with the difference being Crosby and McDavid will finish with more points than Ovie/Tavares and Bob's numbers still have time to either improve or, possibly, slip. As you said, nobody's getting 50 goals and/or 100 points.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Even if Anderson stayed in net, the Leafs would have lost anyway.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

yellowcar posted:

Lies!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

ElwoodCuse posted:

Reminder that Sid got hosed into a tie for the Richard because of Stamkos piling up empty netters

I love the Sidney Crosby persecution complex

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's awfully similar, with the difference being Crosby and McDavid will finish with more points than Ovie/Tavares and Bob's numbers still have time to either improve or, possibly, slip. As you said, nobody's getting 50 goals and/or 100 points.

I agree but I think both Crosby and McDavid also have stronger cheerleaders than Ovie or Tavares had.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So are the flyers officially eliminated yet or do they still have like a tenth of a percentage chance of making the playoffs because everyone keeps falling out of the WC2 slot

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

clayton keller looks like malcolm in the middle and apparently the coyotes are close to signing him. domi-dvorak-keller would be something like an average of 20 years old

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

DJExile posted:

So are the flyers officially eliminated yet or do they still have like a tenth of a percentage chance of making the playoffs because everyone keeps falling out of the WC2 slot

keep the faith

or dont

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

yellowcar posted:

Anderson plays for the Senators. :v:

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 26, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fits posted:

keep the faith

or dont

lmao that's amazing

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

CBJSprague24 posted:

This got me wondering, so I looked up for comparison the last time a goalie won (2014-15, Price):
1) Price- 44-16-6, 1.96GAA, .933SV% (95.41% of vote)
2) Ovechkin- 53G-28A-81P (56.56%)
3) Tavares- 38G-48A-86P (47.07)

Dubnyk was fourth.

Compare this to a hypothetical Crosby/McJesus/Bob as it stands now:
Crosby- 42-40-82
McDavid- 26-62-88
Bobrovsky- 40-13-5, 1.99, .934

The difference being that the habs were dogshit without Price, and the Jackets would make the playoffs with adequate goaltending.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/BombulieTrib/status/846024883259822080

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

That was kinda cool because someone told Sid that Stamkos had tied him on the bench and then his next shift he took the puck and did like two full loops in the Islanders' zone trying to score.

This year it looks like he may finally stand alone with it although Kucherov and Marchand are still close enough that it's not a sure thing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't think Methot's finger has healed that fast

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Wonderllama posted:

I love the Sidney Crosby persecution complex
Stamkos scored a whole 3 empty net goals that year. Piling them on!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Aurora posted:

I don't think Methot's finger has healed that fast

Crosby is the best hockey player in the world. If he wants your finger, give him your finger.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wow the guy who maimed a fellow hockey player wants everyone to stop talking about it? Big surprise!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Wow the guy who maimed a fellow hockey player wants everyone to stop talking about it? Big surprise!

Actually he also said this:

quote:

“It’s a pretty common play,” he said. “I’d love to see it cracked down. It’s something that happens a lot. You don’t like to see guys get hurt. Obviously he’s an example that if you get it in the wrong spot, it can hurt. I hope he’s back soon.”

Though I'm guessing he's not unhappy he didn't get suspended for it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you're a Blues fan, that OT period against Calgary must have made you loving furious.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hifi posted:

clayton keller looks like malcolm in the middle and apparently the coyotes are close to signing him. domi-dvorak-keller would be something like an average of 20 years old

signed, supposed to play the rest of the season with the yotes (can't burn a year on his ELC due to his age)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Crosby is the best hockey player in the world. If he wants your finger, give him your finger.

I do all the time. I don't know if he want's it though.

• Locked thread