Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Dont forget relegating the fun powers like elemental ammo to single-use items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dont forget relegating the fun powers like elemental ammo to single-use items.

Oh yeah, holy gently caress, who thought that was a good idea?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Drack a la LittleBigPlanet (I think this would make a good custom av)

Also Sara, with improved eye shaders

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I like the stuffed animals that can be seen on someone's bed in the Tempest. :3:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Decius posted:

Oh yeah, holy gently caress, who thought that was a good idea?

It's an import from multiplayer, I imagine the thinking is that if you just have ammo powers the player will just pick one and stick with it or you won't see a bunch of them because they're squadmate specific or whatever, but making them a consumable (in theory) means the player is forced to cycle through them and therefore think more strategically about their use.

I really wish they were time limited (i.e. active for the next five minutes or whatever) than magazine limited because I think I've used one so far.

I honestly hate the crafting system in general, it did not translate well at all from Dragon Age Inquisition (where I didn't like it either but it was better in that game because of the nature of its combat). Like I don't mind that they wanted to make the modding system deeper and more interesting but having to research and craft guns rather than just buying or finding them is really annoying in a game and just artificially adds RNG to a single player experience that isn't aiming for and gets nothing out of skinner box qualities.

Like crafting was in DA:I's multiplayer and kind of made sense there and yet now it's in the single player and not the multiplayer. I don't want it in the multiplayer mind you but it would at least serve a loving purpose there.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Laughed way too hard today watching my husband play, he hooked up with Peebee and afterwards she glitched, shot through the roof of the ship and into space.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Spikeguy posted:

Anyone having a bug with the banter triggering? On Eos, they were chatting non stop but I haven't heard them say anything for at least 3 planets now.
I think it actually bugs in the opposite direction and you run out of stuff to talk about after like one world.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lightning Knight posted:

It's an import from multiplayer, I imagine the thinking is that if you just have ammo powers the player will just pick one and stick with it or you won't see a bunch of them because they're squadmate specific or whatever, but making them a consumable (in theory) means the player is forced to cycle through them and therefore think more strategically about their use.

In practice it means the player will never, ever use them more than maybe once in a dozen hours, because it's an RPG with a massive inventory system that rewards hoarding behaviour.

Also the crafting system seems pointless in general when you can just outright buy the same weapons and armor from vendors without having to slog through developing and assembling them from resources.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 26, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I'm not saying the inventory system is good but you can scrap or sell almost everything you get. You only need to worry about your own gear and if you decide to try out sniper rifles 20 hours down the line it's easy enough to craft one.

E: Crafting is there to let you put augmentations on things.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Has anyone put the tracking (not sure if that's what it does, i just remember it sounded like they track?) plasma mod on their gun. I was thinking about trying it on the Revenant and the idea cracked me up.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Somehow I crafted my sniper rifle to do 1/8th of its intended damage.
Rapid Fire Plasma + Laser gives you little to no damage.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Svanja posted:

Has anyone put the tracking (not sure if that's what it does, i just remember it sounded like they track?) plasma mod on their gun. I was thinking about trying it on the Revenant and the idea cracked me up.

It's okay on assault rifles and pistols, but it changes from hitscan to slower projectiles that can still be dodged. On sniper rifles it's even less effective.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also the crafting system seems pointless in general when you can just outright buy the same weapons and armor from vendors without having to slog through developing and assembling them from resources.

Augs put crafting over the top. Chest can grant 25% shields on kill, legs can add 50% elemental damage on jump melee, arms can add 30% damage on weapons or powers while hovering, and a weapon can add 20% extra power damage on a full clip plus 20% power cooldown reduction or additional power damage increase. Not necessary for Normal, but it has value.

isk fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 26, 2017

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

isk posted:

It's okay on assault rifles and pistols, but it changes from hitscan to slower projectiles that can still be dodged. On sniper rifles it's even less effective.

This is good to know!

Right now I'm an Engineer 3 (Energy Drain, Incinerate, and Overload almost all maxed) and I've been using the Sandstorm. Its accurate as hell and has a scope...I love it. I might just stick with it for awhile! I am researching the Thokin, though.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Lemon King posted:

Somehow I crafted my sniper rifle to do 1/8th of its intended damage.
Rapid Fire Plasma + Laser gives you little to no damage.

Its just the laser mod. I put it on a carnifex and all it did was lower damage by 80% and change the the look of the bullet leaving the gun.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Yes SAM, I know this ice planet is dangerously cold. I don't need to be reminded of it every single time I come out of a safe zone, even if I'm not currently busy trying not to get killed by this Architect.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I find Kallo to be a more agreeable pilot than Joker.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I never liked Joker

Creepy little fucker hitting on MY ship

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol received a mail from gil talking about jaal when i haven't even meet him yet oops

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lollerich posted:

You can move the camera during conversations.

How does one do this on KB+M?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress i accidently hit on liam

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

FronzelNeekburm posted:

How does one do this on KB+M?

Click and drag with your mouse.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm fully willing to admit I might be missing something here, but Cora talks about how the Systems Alliance military wanted nothing to do with her having potent Biotic powers and shuffled her off to an interspecies military exchange program as fast as they could get rid of her... except they're one of the few Human organizations that have openly welcomed and wanted people who can rip a tank in half with their mind, even offering major incentives to get them to enlist.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

In practice it means the player will never, ever use them more than maybe once in a dozen hours, because it's an RPG with a massive inventory system that rewards hoarding behaviour.

Oh I agree, I was just saying what I surmise the reasoning was.

I would have been fine with crafting mods and enchantments and whatever (call them what you want, they're weapon enchantments), but keeping the traditional picking up or buying of new weapons and armor. Having a complicated crafting system sort of kind of worked for Dragon Age because you didn't have set weapons there, a lot of it was RNG "here is a sword, it has a bunch of stats" loot and so crafting a cool sword worked, but Mass Effect has traditionally after the first game had fixed weapons and I don't feel that the present version of the crafting system suits it.

I mean I'll give them credit for trying to make outfitting your character feel more involving and impactful so you can feel like you're customizing that experience but in practice it just means you're stuck with lovely guns for longer because you haven't collected ten of this or that stupid metal or scanned the right do-dads to make the cool gun you want.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm fully willing to admit I might be missing something here, but Cora talks about how the Systems Alliance military wanted nothing to do with her having potent Biotic powers and shuffled her off to an interspecies military exchange program as fast as they could get rid of her... except they're one of the few Human organizations that have openly welcomed and wanted people who can rip a tank in half with their mind, even offering major incentives to get them to enlist.

I'm pretty sure Cora being basically a weeaboo for Asari culture and having a dumb backstory that actively contradicts most of the pre-established lore and rules for both the Asari and humans is for the sake of providing a character that new players can empathize with and who can explain the Asari without having to go read the codex.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
jaal or drack, the choice is too hard

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress i accidently hit on liam

Feeling insecure?

BriteNite
Feb 28, 2004

Finally finished at level 53 with 68 and a half hours of play and 94% completion.

Not sure how I feel about the lack of a final boss fight, but given how tired I was of fighting those kett orb motherfuckers, I'm at least glad they didn't go that direction.

I think all I have left quest-wise is scan a bunch of things and kill all the architects, but I probably can't be bothered.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's the same game that forgets that Turians are dextro-amino or whatever. No one really cared about the source material.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Doc Morbid posted:

Yes SAM, I know this ice planet is dangerously cold. I don't need to be reminded of it every single time I come out of a safe zone, even if I'm not currently busy trying not to get killed by this Architect.

Do we, the players, have any way to contact Bioware's PR department or something and say hey this mechanic is loving annoying can you please let us disable it?!?

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
I've been looking into this to see if there is a way. The only thing I think of is by using EA Answers and putting a ticket\talking to a Game Advisor under the "features" topic for ME:A. Thats all I can think of though.

I was trying to figure out a color scheme for my gear and settled on classic VS colors!

StarbloodKiss fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 26, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Ambaire posted:

Do we, the players, have any way to contact Bioware's PR department or something and say hey this mechanic is loving annoying can you please let us disable it?!?

Post a suggestion on the Bioware forums. PR can't do anything about it aside from acknowledging the importance of player feedback and directing to the appropriate venue.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hedrigall posted:

Feeling insecure?

very

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Milky Moor posted:

It's the same game that forgets that Turians are dextro-amino or whatever. No one really cared about the source material.

The game has mentioned that fact a few times so far.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Ambaire posted:

Tweet at Bioware devs. @tibermoon is the Andromeda design lead.

isk posted:

Post a suggestion on the Bioware forums. PR can't do anything about it aside from acknowledging the importance of player feedback and directing to the appropriate venue.

There are no Bioware forums anymore.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
After 12 hours, I was wondering how you melee and whether it was an unlock in the combat abilities somewhere later down the line. Well turns out you press triangle on the PS4.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

StarbloodKiss posted:

I've been looking into this to see if there is a way. The only thing I think of is by using EA Answers and putting a ticket\talking to a Game Advisor under the "features" topic for ME:A. Thats all I can think of though.

I was trying to figure out a color scheme for my gear and settled on classic VS colors!

Vanu best faction

But this is actually one of my gripes with the game, most of the outfits and armour sets don't look like style of mass effect at all

Like you could tell me that screenshot was from Destiny and I'd believe you

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Not touching this game again until they at least patch saving in priority missions and maybe add a quicksave button for it, too. If you disable manual saves you could at least place autosaves intelligently, but nope. Also the controls are pretty awful so I'm not sure what you people who go "gameplay is fun!" are smoking. Do you not play any other games?

It's thoroughly :mediocre: and manages to be worse than DA:I (already not the highest bar) at literally everything except for being sci-fi and having fuckable aliens. E: Also shooting guns because you can't do that in DA:I.

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Mar 26, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what weapons should i use as a vanguard charger

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kurtofan posted:

what weapons should i use as a vanguard charger

I did well with the piranha. Full auto shotgun. That and a pistol still came in light enough for 100 percent recharge speed

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Moola posted:

Vanu best faction

But this is actually one of my gripes with the game, most of the outfits and armour sets don't look like style of mass effect at all

Like you could tell me that screenshot was from Destiny and I'd believe you

The new human helmet design is atrocious looking and while I appreciate that it's supposed to look like an astronaut helmet it just looks really dumb.

Bioware just hates helmets and near as I can tell the fanbase for Bioware games also hates helmets so those of us that like our characters to wear helmets that look cool just get shafted. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

:goonsay: Your universal translator told you what it meant and for narrative purposes it displayed in English. Or SAM is translating by directly loving with your visual cortex.

I had a conversation with one of the Angarans on Ice Planet where I asked him was a daara or whatever is. His response is something like "well the literal translation is rock foundation but you may think of it as a small village." So SAM apparently either picks and chooses certain words to not bother translating or the Angarans are all actually speaking English to Ryder.