Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I have never bought a single golf game but TURF MASTERS loving owns

TOO BAD I DON'T

jyrque fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Nah, you post things in fact terms and then backpedal and call them opinions or preferences when you are called out on the facts being bullshit, "alternate facts", or not actually facts at all.

what?

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I haven't had the chance to play the Splatoon 2 testfire, so I've been really glad to hear that people are enjoying the game. I want to pick it up when it comes out.

I'm not sure how far to take Breath of the Wild. I got a strategy guide and I'm a little over halfway through the list of shrines. I wanted to be somewhat completionist, but the number of seeds to find is... large.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TerraGoetia posted:

I haven't had the chance to play the Splatoon 2 testfire, so I've been really glad to hear that people are enjoying the game. I want to pick it up when it comes out.

I'm not sure how far to take Breath of the Wild. I got a strategy guide and I'm a little over halfway through the list of shrines. I wanted to be somewhat completionist, but the number of seeds to find is... large.
Just get all the shrines. Like, holy poo poo is 900 seeds just a stupidly arbitrary and massive number. I'm glad BotW doesn't have a billion pointless collectibles like a lot of open world games, but a massive number of one useful collectible isn't that much better. Admittedly, they probably did this to practically guarantee that people would find enough of them during a regular playthrough, as opposed to making so many with the intent to get them all.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

TerraGoetia posted:

I am 60 odd shrines in and have less Korok seeds than shrines, and that's with devoting good chunks of time to just wandering around in the wilderness looking for them.

Even finding them all with a map will take forever. But you don't seem to need all that many to expand your inventory enough to give you a weapon or two for most situations; I like that they are there as an organic "oh there's a puzzle over here for me to solve" thing rather than something that absolutely needs to be sorted out (unless you are a crazy completionist)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've got over 100 seeds and I'm just not sure when you'd need this many. This isn't a game to play with a strategy guide open with the intent to collect everything, I think.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've got over 100 seeds and I'm just not sure when you'd need this many. This isn't a game to play with a strategy guide open with the intent to collect everything, I think.

my last weapon inventory upgrade was 45 seeds, and the next one is 55. it gets real expensive if you focus on one equipment category.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dieting Hippo posted:

my last weapon inventory upgrade was 45 seeds, and the next one is 55. it gets real expensive if you focus on one equipment category.

I'm well aware, I'm just not convinced I've accomplished anything meaningful by buying the 35-seed melee weapon slot and looking at a Korok seed map like you're gonna need to get even 10% of them is needless.

More slots is nice but there's a number of melee weapons and bows I've been toting around for a very long time and probably won't end up using, much less breaking. It's nice having enough slots that carrying a generous stock of elemental and utility weapons doesn't feel a sacrifice, I guess.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/25/15061312/nintendo-switch-milking-cows-contest-vermont-dairy

Vermont challenged Nintendo to a cow milking contest.

Nintendo accepted.

God I hope they send Bill.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Jonas Albrecht posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/25/15061312/nintendo-switch-milking-cows-contest-vermont-dairy

Vermont challenged Nintendo to a cow milking contest.

Nintendo accepted.

God I hope they send Bill.

lmao i clicked a related article and what is this poo poo?
http://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2017/3/2/14771600/nintendo-switch-1-2-switch-rankings

how can one be so wrong????? samurai training sucks because the defense detection is so lenient it always end up a tie. also why the gently caress is signal flags (a.k.a. the best game) not in the top three?

also they couldn't get the instructions for baby and joycon rotation right even though there was a video explanation that you have to sit through at least once to play the game. how much brain damage do you need to write for polygon?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

lmao i clicked a related article and what is this poo poo?
http://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2017/3/2/14771600/nintendo-switch-1-2-switch-rankings

how can one be so wrong????? samurai training sucks because the defense detection is so lenient it always end up a tie. also why the gently caress is signal flags (a.k.a. the best game) not in the top three?

also they couldn't get the instructions for baby and joycon rotation right even though there was a video explanation that you have to sit through at least once to play the game. how much brain damage do you need to write for polygon?

is it really necessary to say the writers have brain damage? feels like thats needlessly hostile imo, its just video games friend, no need to get so vitriolic

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Shout out to all of you for letting me know the gyro controls are the way to go, initially couldn't stand them but after a couple rounds I'm loving it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Thanks for keeping us honest, Stux.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Stux posted:

is it really necessary to say the writers have brain damage? feels like thats needlessly hostile imo, its just video games friend, no need to get so vitriolic

i'm sorry. you are right; i should relax and enjoy life and games. i ate a bad food and was in a bad mood.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Polygon writers don't have brain damage but they generally do suck at video games, consistent across console brands and game developers. Watching any of their video content of them playing something sends douche chills. A few of their writers are good improv comedians and beloved podcasters, they got that going for them at least.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Stux posted:

This 2017 Stux rebranding is hilarious and I heartily approve. Godspeed ☺️

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Lobstertainment posted:

This 2017 Stux rebranding is hilarious and I heartily approve. Godspeed ☺️

New Stux: poor man's Jivjov.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

New Stux: poor man's Jivjov.

My username is traditionally rendered in all lowercase.

Saves money on Shift keys

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Do you own a Switch yet, jivjov?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
gently caress's up with all you people not playing technician

Wendell
May 11, 2003

What's Technician? Is it good? Should I buy it? I'm buying it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wendell posted:

What's Technician? Is it good? Should I buy it? I'm buying it.

A golfer in Neo Turf Masters

He the one that wears big goofy glasses

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
He kinda reminds me of John Carmack.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too bad the only lol fun to be had with turf masters is the last screen. Rest of the game is triple b boring

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus put out another teaser image for Shin Megami Tensei Switch during their Atlus New Game stream. It's something, I guess.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

gently caress's up with all you people not playing technician

Putt master is bae

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wendell posted:

Do you own a Switch yet, jivjov?

Not yet. Waiting for the inevitable console+game bundle that'll probably hit around holiday season.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

jivjov posted:

My username is traditionally rendered in all lowercase.

Saves money on Shift keys

Lol, I couldn't remember, but thanks for proving my point.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

Too bad the only lol fun to be had with turf masters is the last screen. Rest of the game is triple b boring
Well it is golf.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

If you don't get cock rock excited at a perfect shot I don't even know what to think of you

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
horney 4 golf

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If I already own every mario golf, does that game have anything new for me?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Not a Children posted:

It's on the switch when Mario Golf isnt.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Not a Children posted:

instead of watching a koopa run around in boxer or another mario joke, you get to see grown men writhe at bogeys

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Are the golfers citizens of new donk city or what

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I completed Zelda: BotW and was planning on selling my Switch onto someone else. However, I've discovered that there's no way for me to backup my save. So I'm pretty much stuck: there's no games coming out in the next few months that I'm interested in, so my console will just be collecting dust. The only thing stopping me from selling it is the fact I'd lose all my save data.

Are there any ways at all for me to save my Zelda progress? I really don't want to lose it all, because when new stuff comes out for BotW, I really don't want to start from scratch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Loopoo posted:

I completed Zelda: BotW and was planning on selling my Switch onto someone else. However, I've discovered that there's no way for me to backup my save. So I'm pretty much stuck: there's no games coming out in the next few months that I'm interested in, so my console will just be collecting dust. The only thing stopping me from selling it is the fact I'd lose all my save data.

Are there any ways at all for me to save my Zelda progress? I really don't want to lose it all, because when new stuff comes out for BotW, I really don't want to start from scratch.

Let me get this straight, you want to sell an open switch which you'll be lucky to get 310 315 may be 350. And then in the future you want to buy another switch to play Zelda again? And I thought I had a broken brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Since sending my joycons in to Nintendo from the Philippines isn't an option, I thought I'd post my L-Joycon sync trip report:

My gray L-con was working fine, but the red one I bought was experiencing the sync issue every few minutes, and after seeing that foam fix article, I thought I'd give it a try.

The hard part was unscrewing it, as I didn't have a tri-point screwdriver on hand, and apparently the screws on the joycons are proprietary. I was able to make do with a really small flat head screwdriver. After that, the inside screws were much easier to remove.

According to that one article, there was just a piece of foam resting next to the antenna, and they speculated that it might be conductive, or RF resistant, or something, but I just placed some regular foam in the same location, and the sync issue hasn't come up in the couple of hours I played. Since the foam wasn't anything special, I'm inclined to think that the actual flaw wasn't anything complicated--I think it was sufficient to make sure that the little ribbon didn't make contact with the antenna--which it was doing prior to the fix. That part is all speculation, mind you, but since so far it seems to have worked I thought it was worth posting about.

• Locked thread