Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So basically the Xbone is over at this point but MS is pretending the Scorpio is an Xbone upgrade rather than sucking it up and announcing that it's an entirely new console.

if your 360 dies it plays a lot of those games i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Who knows what they are doing with the scorpio. The hardware is the least of their problems. They need to focus on making their console a lot less boring but the scorpio is pretty in line with how out of touch they have been with what people actually want for this entire gen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

So basically the Xbone is over at this point but MS is pretending the Scorpio is an Xbone upgrade rather than sucking it up and announcing that it's an entirely new console.

Pretty much. They're probably gonna hope to ride on XBone games until the Scorpio library grows due to hardware-level backwards compatibility (they did say it's a more powerful XBone, after all), unless they have a loving amazing launch exclusive hiding in the wings.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Snak posted:

The light melee attack is for like, boars and poo poo. The heavy melee attack is practically a dodge counter. The heavy melee attack is what you should use 99% of the time and it's really good.

Edit: how are you missing with r2? She locks on and will slide like 15 feet to connect with a target...

Aloy can knockdown pretty much anything Ravager-sized and below with an R2 following a dodge. Her heavy melee connects from like 20 feet away in my experience, all you have to do is be facing relatively in the basic direction of the thing you're hitting.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I've started playing route C in Nier Automata and I'm sad to say that I'm just not enjoying it as much as the original. Mostly since I don't really care about any character 30 hours in, while Nier had me hooked within 2 minutes. The gameplay is better, and the story is somewhat interesting and unique, but not enough to compensate. In route B I'd say the gameplay is even more shallow! The music is great though.

tldr: Unless you're already a fan of Yoko Taro's games, you're probably better off with any other open world game. Buy the OST!

Edit: It's kind of unforgivable how bad the framerate is in certain areas, even with boost mode.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 26, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty much. They're probably gonna hope to ride on XBone games until the Scorpio library grows due to hardware-level backwards compatibility (they did say it's a more powerful XBone, after all), unless they have a loving amazing launch exclusive hiding in the wings.

To be fair that is also kind of what the pro is. Sony just has more leverage to pull it off right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Max Wilco posted:

What are the Toukiden games like? I saw that the second one got a release on Steam a little while ago, and Kiwami is also available, but it sounds like the PC versions have some issues. I heard that were like Monster Hunter games set in fedual Japan. I've never played any of the Monster Hunter games;' the closest I've ever gotten is the Monster Hunter content MGS: Peace Walker. It seems like a lot of people really like them, but I've also heard they're really grindy.

I wouldn't say grindy exactly but yeah the gameplay loop is basically kill monsters for stuff so you can make better gear to kill bigger/tougher monsters. Toukiden is a lot faster than Monster Hunter and plays more like a standard action game though. There's a demo of both games on PSN I think.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
You can learn a bit about famous Japanese people (and not just warriors like Musou) through Toukiden, I like that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samurai Sanders posted:

You can learn a bit about famous Japanese people (and not just warriors like Musou) through Toukiden, I like that.

I never knew so many historical Japanese figures were sexy warrior babes before.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

I never knew so many historical Japanese figures were sexy warrior babes before.
Were there so many of those? I have Niijima Yae equipped right now but don't remember so many others.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

To be fair that is also kind of what the pro is. Sony just has more leverage to pull it off right now.

I fully agree, that plus they threw up their hands after a few months and made a universal Boost Mode for any game that had no specific Pro patch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I dunno, the lack of a significant processor boost doesn't it for me.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Sakurazuka posted:

I wouldn't say grindy exactly but yeah the gameplay loop is basically kill monsters for stuff so you can make better gear to kill bigger/tougher monsters. Toukiden is a lot faster than Monster Hunter and plays more like a standard action game though. There's a demo of both games on PSN I think.

I'm downloading the demo for Kiwami right now, but is there one that you'd recommend over the other?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Renoistic posted:

I've started playing route C in Nier Automata and I'm sad to say that I'm just not enjoying it as much as the original. Mostly since I don't really care about any character 30 hours in, while Nier had me hooked within 2 minutes. The gameplay is better, and the story is somewhat interesting and unique, but not enough to compensate. In route B I'd say the gameplay is even more shallow! The music is great though.

tldr: Unless you're already a fan of Yoko Taro's games, you're probably better off with any other open world game. Buy the OST!

Edit: It's kind of unforgivable how bad the framerate is in certain areas, even with boost mode.

I actually agree somewhat. 9S, 2B, and the pod buddies just aren't as strong a team as Big Dad, Hussy, Jack Skellington, and Grumpy. It's still good - but not quite as good.

Also, Automata already has a PS4 Pro-specific config, so Boost Mode doesn't do anything.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I fully agree, that plus they threw up their hands after a few months and made a universal Boost Mode for any game that had no specific Pro patch.

Blaming Sony for developers not wanting to patch old games at their time and cost is kinda odd.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Xbone was more or less over once they announced all of their exclusives would be coming to windows anyway. If that is not basically saying 'gently caress it, lets cut our losses' I don't know what is. Scorpio was probably in the pipeline either way and is just going to tap into the xbone diehards.

I think in the long run Microsoft dropped the ball with games more than anything else this gen. They had a poo poo launch, the worse hardware, but it would have meant less if the library pulled its weight. Like people have said, Halo, Gears, and Forza are kind of stale. Largely because MS just shits too many of them out, the studios need a breather to let the series breathe a little, further give the devs something new to work on. Look at Horizon, and imagine what Gears or Forza team might be able to try if they weren't on a constant treadmill for those IPs alone.

veni veni veni posted:

The Pro feels kind of half-assed, but it makes more sense as a mid-gen upgrade. It is by no means a real 4K AAA game machine, but it does offer a lot of other decent perks, more importantly it scales well with the OG PS4. Basically it doesn't make that feel completely left behind. The Scorpio assuming rumor mill is right will almost be like a full generation leap. It is kind of weird position since the original Xbone is going to look horribly dated and makes me wonder if devs are going to really go out optimizing for Scorpio hardware in the short term.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I just started MGS5.

I am very bad, but it is extremely good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Seedge posted:

Blaming Sony for developers not wanting to patch old games at their time and cost is kinda odd.

I was agreeing and saying Boost Mode was a good thing for the Pro though?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've seen them go cheap multiple times and never thought about buying one for more than about two minutes. There's simply nothing beyond all of maybe five games I'd want to play (Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Gears, ReCore, Rare Replay), and of those only one actually got good reviews (Rare Replay). The only other game was Quantum Break, and that got an excellent port to Steam.

Whereas with the PS4 I've got a backlog about 4-5 games deep :feelsgood:.

Back in December, when I was looking wich one to buy and having a 360 with tons of games (and a backlog) the whole "in Windows 10" drove me away from the Xbone, that and of course, upcoming PS4 exclusives like Nioh. Sure, the Xbone has BC and can play right now like 80% of my 360 games but some of them are still choppy and I had enough with 4 Gears of War games on the 360 and having played only a bunch of Halo games (1 on PC, then 3 and ODST on 360), is not a franchise I like.

The logical step for me, a Windows 10 user, having a Windows Phone backup device (daily driver is an android one) and a 360, staying with MS was more likely but as my 360 works flawlessly and nothing new that came on the bone convinced me made me go the PS4 route.

I've said it previously but as someone that only owned a bunch of consoles (a SNES, Xbox 360, Wii and now a PS4), and SNES nostalgia aside, the PS4 is so far my favourite. Great deals, great exclusives (maybe because I jumped in late 2016) and as someone that always liked microsoft controllers more, I love the DS4 now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Max Wilco posted:

I'm downloading the demo for Kiwami right now, but is there one that you'd recommend over the other?

2 is the better game I think, Kiwami is a pretty standard MH game but a bit faster, 2 tosses out some of the genre conventions and turns into more of an open world action RPG with a focus on huge monsters.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

unlawfulsoup posted:

Xbone was more or less over once they announced all of their exclusives would be coming to windows anyway. If that is not basically saying 'gently caress it, lets cut our losses' I don't know what is. Scorpio was probably in the pipeline either way and is just going to tap into the xbone diehards.

I think in the long run Microsoft dropped the ball with games more than anything else this gen. They had a poo poo launch, the worse hardware, but it would have meant less if the library pulled its weight. Like people have said, Halo, Gears, and Forza are kind of stale. Largely because MS just shits too many of them out, the studios need a breather to let the series breathe a little, further give the devs something new to work on. Look at Horizon, and imagine what Gears or Forza team might be able to try if they weren't on a constant treadmill for those IPs alone.

The Pro feels kind of half-assed, but it makes more sense as a mid-gen upgrade. It is by no means a real 4K AAA game machine, but it does offer a lot of other decent perks, more importantly it scales well with the OG PS4. Basically it doesn't make that feel completely left behind. The Scorpio assuming rumor mill is right will almost be like a full generation leap. It is kind of weird position since the original Xbone is going to look horribly dated and makes me wonder if devs are going to really go out optimizing for Scorpio hardware in the short term.

In all honesty, i think this is the begining of the end for the Xbox.

Think of it this way, there's very few console exclusives at this point for it (and arguably none from now on if it's all going to be on the Window 10 store), so instead they seem to be doubling down on the hardware to entice people back. The problem is that the PS4 already has saturation and a great lineup of existing exclusives with more on the way. The Pro even took care of things for those of us who hadn't lept on the system at launch.

Even if the new Xbox is superior in hardware, why should we adopt it? I mean, in ~4 or so years we'll have the new playstation which will be even more powerful than the Scorpion.

It just seems like if you break away from the hardware launch windows of the current market leader, then you're on the road to decline, espeically if you don't offer enough console exlusives. Just look at the Sega and now Nintendo (which is basically only being sustained by its exlcusives at this point).

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The DS4 is generally great, but the Options and Share buttons are way more awkward than they should have been, thanks to the bighuge touchpad. They don't feel nearly as good as Start and Select on previous DualShocks. Everything else is lovely though.

EDIT:

Kin posted:

It just seems like if you break away from the hardware launch windows of the current market leader, then you're on the road to decline, espeically if you don't offer enough console exlusives. Just look at the Sega and now Nintendo (which is basically only being sustained by its exlcusives at this point).

The Switch is selling so well, Nintendo recently doubled the amount of units they're planning on manufacturing throughout the year.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 26, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Instant Grat posted:

The DS4 is generally great, but the Options and Share buttons are way more awkward than they should have been, thanks to the bighuge touchpad. They don't feel nearly as good as Start and Select on previous DualShocks. Everything else is lovely though.

EDIT:

The Switch is selling so well, Nintendo recently doubled the amount of units they're planning on manufacturing throughout the year.

They've also got a pretty solid list of third-party titles scheduled for the next two years, unlike the WiiU launch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I grew to like the ds4 in time (and with stick extenders) but just bought an Xbox elite controller and it's way better. One of the few things MS is still doing right.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Sakurazuka posted:

2 is the better game I think, Kiwami is a pretty standard MH game but a bit faster, 2 tosses out some of the genre conventions and turns into more of an open world action RPG with a focus on huge monsters.

Would you suggest skipping Kiwami and just starting with 2 if you're not familiar with the Monster Hunter-style games?

On another topic, I wanted to ask about loading and/or online connectivity with the PS4. Often I open an application or something, and it takes a while for it to load (it's when the controller symbols pop in-and-out on the screen). Sometimes, I'll wait for a while, but nothing will happen, so I'll close it out and reopen it and it'll open quickly or it won't take as long. Is this common?

I'm should say that I'm using a wireless connection, but it's not possible for me to set up a wired connection.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Kin posted:

In all honesty, i think this is the begining of the end for the Xbox.

Think of it this way, there's very few console exclusives at this point for it (and arguably none from now on if it's all going to be on the Window 10 store), so instead they seem to be doubling down on the hardware to entice people back. The problem is that the PS4 already has saturation and a great lineup of existing exclusives with more on the way. The Pro even took care of things for those of us who hadn't lept on the system at launch.

Even if the new Xbox is superior in hardware, why should we adopt it? I mean, in ~4 or so years we'll have the new playstation which will be even more powerful than the Scorpion.

I sort of agree, but I think MS is probably hesitant to put the Xbox brand to sleep, ditching consoles would shunt a lot of console diehards to Sony. I just doubt a future xbox console will be such a dedicated machine and more like a glorified win 10 machine, just with a simpler interface. They can incrementally update it that way and have compatibility listings based on year/revision.

Instant Grat posted:

I think this is going to drastically slow down once Zelda fever dies and the realization that there is essentially nothing else sinks in deeper. Selling out to the Nintendo faithful with a well received device is absolutely no surprise, maintaining that momentum throughout the year is the real accomplishment.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder, how many people who bought Switches had WiiUs? I ask because I'm perfectly happy with my WiiU version of Zelda.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder, how many people who bought Switches had WiiUs? I ask because I'm perfectly happy with my WiiU version of Zelda.

Probably a ton since really only Nintendo fans seem to own that console, and they are the ones who think the launch was nothing short of marvelous. I mean you have Zelda, and um a tech demo, and $80 controllers. Also the WiiU version supposedly runs smoother anyway.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The portability is actually a big selling point. I have an acquaintance who uses it on her commute, and another who's really into it because she can use it while her husband is using the TV for PS4 games (although I guess the Wii U already fills that role, doesn't it).

I don't get why anyone would buy a new console that has no games that aren't also available on a system you already own, but it seems there are plenty of people who disagree with me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Instant Grat posted:

The portability is actually a big selling point. I have an acquaintance who uses it on her commute, and another who's really into it because she can use it while her husband is using the TV for PS4 games (although I guess the Wii U already fills that role, doesn't it).
To use it on a commute would require a lot more space on the bus/train than I usually see.

edit: I hope she's not using it while driving or something.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Instant Grat posted:

I don't think the hardware itself is bad, and I own a Vita so I can see the appeal. Still, if you have no interest in Zelda, what the hell do you do with a Switch right now?

Samurai Sanders posted:

To use it on a commute would require a lot more space on the bus/train than I usually see.

Also doesn't really fit in most pockets, so you need a bag (and probably a case) as well.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

unlawfulsoup posted:

I don't think the hardware itself is bad, and I own a Vita so I can see the appeal. Still, if you have no interest in Zelda, what the hell do you do with a Switch right now?

Shovel Knight??

EDIT: Or one of the fifty gajillion indie titles they announced. Nick Robinson made a pretty good point that a lot of these indie games need so little horsepower that they run identically on most of the platforms they come out for, and if that's the case, why wouldn't you just get the version that can be played in portable mode and in 1080p on your TV?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Instant Grat posted:

Shovel Knight??

It is on like every platform except smart toasters. By that measure you could say Bomberman or 1/2 techdemo, but yeah.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

unlawfulsoup posted:

I sort of agree, but I think MS is probably hesitant to put the Xbox brand to sleep, ditching consoles would shunt a lot of console diehards to Sony. I just doubt a future xbox console will be such a dedicated machine and more like a glorified win 10 machine, just with a simpler interface. They can incrementally update it that way and have compatibility listings based on year/revision.

I think this is going to drastically slow down once Zelda fever dies and the realization that there is essentially nothing else sinks in deeper. Selling out to the Nintendo faithful with a well received device is absolutely no surprise, maintaining that momentum throughout the year is the real accomplishment.

We're a few weeks out from a port of Mario Kart 8 with some much-desired new features hitting a wider market than the WiiU version got that should float it a bit, and about 3-4 months out from Splatoon 2; a sequel to one of the most popular games on the WiiU. Nevermind that dry release-less year ending with Super Mario Odyssey.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They've also got a pretty solid list of third-party titles scheduled for the next two years, unlike the WiiU launch.

No way, this is flat out wishful thinking. Wii U wasn't horrible, 3rd party wise, the first year of launch. Switch sales are still firmly in the Nintendo fanboy and scalper's paradise honeymoon phase. Let's see what happens once manufacturing and distribution catches up with sales demand.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

Also the WiiU version supposedly runs smoother anyway.

Sadly, it doesn't. The Wii U inexplicably loads faster, but looks like mush and due to the lower resolution there are less LOD related frame drops... Buyout both versions poo poo their bed in certain areas (Korok Forest, lol) and in general if too much stuff +Gras is on screen

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We're a few weeks out from a port of Mario Kart 8 with some much-desired new features hitting a wider market than the WiiU version got that should float it a bit, and about 3-4 months out from Splatoon 2; a sequel to one of the most popular games on the WiiU. Nevermind that dry release-less year ending with Super Mario Odyssey.

This sounds like the WiiU over again though, and really rehashed WiiU games isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. Outside of Nintendo faithful who will gobble that up, I would like to see some actual noteworthy 3rd party titles. Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, etc. these are what will cement that the system is more than another Nintendo studios console. I am going to stop that derail here though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I dunno, the PS2 felt like a decided shift away from western devs. Japanese title support was extremely strong on that console, but the western stuff, aside from obvious examples like God of War, just always felt like an afterthought. J&D, R&C, and Sly Cooper, while generally well respected by their fanbases, all seem like they're building to something more...but they never really get there, maybe because the conceptual art assets were so far behind what the japansese game industry had been up to in the 90s. The PS2's success in the west seemed less tied to western games and more tied to adoption rates of DVDs.

Whereas the PS1, even though it was pushing a certain type of technology, was fundamentally a joint project between Sony Japan and Sony Europe. There literally was no PS1 without the early success of SCEE and Psygnosis, subsequently backed up by FF7 and that whole tsunami of titles.

But see, when I think PS1, I still think of a lot of Japanese developed games, from Final Fantasy to Parasite Eve to PaRappa The Rapper, to Xenogears to Metal Gear Solid.

Nintendo 64 probably has better american support from Turok to Goldeneye, every RARE game like donkey kong, banjo and conker, the cruisi'n games, a exclusive version of DOOM, and finally I believe the nintendo 64 still has the most great wrestling games.

PS2 just has as a strong push from not-japanese devs as the PS1. I'm merely speaking from a games development point though. (Timesplitters is another game that got it's start on PS2). The other side of saying this is, the PS1 non-japanese support was just as weak as the PS2.

It's probably true that most of any American/European games development from NES to end of PS2, was for the PC.

Xbox has a pretty solid roster of American dev support, but... it's an american console so the first party games were american by default. You can't say that about PS2 or Gamecube.

The PS3 and the PS4 does have a marked rise of western devs. Maybe they realized those consoles finally had the power to do everything they wanted. I just couldn't let you stay with the idea that the PS1 was any better than the PS2, when in reality, they're about the same.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Obsurveyor posted:

No way, this is flat out wishful thinking. Wii U wasn't horrible, 3rd party wise, the first year of launch. Switch sales are still firmly in the Nintendo fanboy and scalper's paradise honeymoon phase. Let's see what happens once manufacturing and distribution catches up with sales demand.

unlawfulsoup posted:

This sounds like the WiiU over again though, and really rehashed WiiU games isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. Outside of Nintendo faithful who will gobble that up, I would like to see some actual noteworthy 3rd party titles. Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, etc. these are what will cement that the system is more than another Nintendo studios console. I am going to stop that derail here though.

The studios cuddling up aren't EA dumping a few titles out and hoping for premium sales that never happened. It's all the mid-tier studios looking for a platform that isn't going to bankrupt them trying to put together a decent-looking game. The Switch isn't going to light the world on fire with Bloodbourne and FFXV ports (probably), but it does look like it'll be the go-to for the kinds of titles that thrived on the PS3 and Vita if the announced lineup keeps on trending that way. Nevermind getting major indie titles in a semi-portable format.

Plus the Switch's hardware is reputedly not a horrendous nightmare to code for like the WiiU's, so that should make a difference :v:.

Ineffiable posted:

Xbox has a pretty solid roster of American dev support, but... it's an american console so the first party games were american by default. You can't say that about PS2 or Gamecube.

The PS3 and the PS4 does have a marked rise of western devs. Maybe they realized those consoles finally had the power to do everything they wanted. I just couldn't let you stay with the idea that the PS1 was any better than the PS2, when in reality, they're about the same.

Part of it is the Xbone has largely been the American machine living on Halo and Battlefield fans, while with the PS3 and PS4 Sony have just courted anything they could so they get the same American-made games, plus their own exclusives out of Japan because goddamn has the Xbox bombed in Japan. In the end they've wound up in a situation of a choice between the Xbox offering Halo 5, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2, or the PS4 offering Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodbourne, Gravity Rush 1&2, a half-dozen JRPG's of varying quality, and more besides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Sadly, it doesn't. The Wii U inexplicably loads faster, but looks like mush and due to the lower resolution there are less LOD related frame drops... Buyout both versions poo poo their bed in certain areas (Korok Forest, lol) and in general if too much stuff +Gras is on screen

This is the kind of feedback i've been looking for (didn't want to hit the spoiler filled Zelda thread), but i've been thinking the same thing in that Zelda is about the only thing that would make me get a Switch sooner rather than later. If Zelda was just as good on the WiiU (albeit a lower resolution i'd barely notice) though, then i'd have no problems just getting it on that just now and then waiting a few years before picking up a Switch with whatever Nintendo exclusives are out then.

Bascially, everyone's banging on about Zelda and it's making me want to play it when i can more than wait a few years and get everything for (well, it's nintendo) about 30% less. Espeically with the PS4 backlog of fun i'm currently trying to blitz through.