Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Well I just had a cool thought: since our characters are getting carried forward in Destiny 2 they can carry forward our SBMM placement :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Well I just had a cool thought: since our characters are getting carried forward in Destiny 2 they can carry forward our SBMM placement :discourse:

Sounds like the kind of totally cool and fun thing bungie would do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

please no

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wait, didn't Bungie say that we're NOT getting our characters in D2? Or is that :thejoke:?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zipperelli. posted:

Or is that :thejoke:?
Yes.

That character you made the first day and never saw again because you turned helmet Always On? That's all you get.

Roman fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 26, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

That character you made the first day and never saw again because you turned helmet Always On? That's all you get.
A number of times I've replayed select story missions, the treat being getting to see your Guardian at intervals (predominantly Vanilla and ROI). Idk, I swap shaders, weapons, etc then get to see how I look in motion. It's fun and I'm surprised more people don't do it. I come across so many comments like this, about never seeing your Guardian or having any connection to them, yet I very much do.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I like seeing my armor and ship and stuff in cutscenes but I relate to those more than the character underneath who hasn't even had dialogue since vanilla

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I made my first character look like my wife and i got pretty close, the hair is off by a mile but whatever. She's a loving bad rear end that fucks everyone up the rear end in PvP and ive had her from the start.

The other 2 goons, i have no idea what they even look like.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

I like seeing my armor and ship and stuff in cutscenes but I relate to those more than the character underneath who hasn't even had dialogue since vanilla

I feel the man makes the clothes in this situation, as it were, but really I agree with you. That I have to actively seek out such interactions is no bueno and I understand any and all gripes.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

AAB posted:

Rename thread "Destiny 1.4: Age of Trump"

So basically blue engrams decrypt back into green gear again? Nice

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Anyone PS4 people want to do some Trials to Day?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Also I need people to form a clan. Hispanic! at the Disco

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 26, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

cvnvcnv posted:

I come across so many comments like this, about never seeing your Guardian or having any connection to them, yet I very much do.

It's hard for me to have any connection to my characters when none of them even remotely resemble me. If they at least added facial hair options (preferably a goatee) I would have something to work with...

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

It's hard for me to have any connection to my characters when none of them even remotely resemble me. If they at least added facial hair options (preferably a goatee) I would have something to work with...

My character is my waifu, so we are very connected.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I'm a robot with glowing blue eyes and mushroom ears IRL.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

By the time the game comes out the Scorpio will be unleashed and I will have registered a new parody GT in preparation

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Get 5100 points in control, still lose because the other team has a guy at 123 light with 7k points

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Are you trying to say light doesn't matter in crucible?!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I have noticed a lot more smurf accounts recently.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

I have noticed a lot more smurf accounts recently.

There's not much else to do now!!!!! Hold out!!1

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Smurf accounts were a "thing" last summer too shortly before RoI.

If I really cared about it that much I'd queue into matchmaking solo and rubber band my controller overnight.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I made 3 smurfs last summer:
A Moist Gay Dude
Destiny SBMM
Gone Baggin

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
After the sbmm caught up with him I renamed RIP Ur KD Bro to Trump Diaper

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I made 3 smurfs last summer:
A Moist Gay Dude
Destiny SBMM
Gone Baggin

Did you make this guy or do you just have an admirer?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Also thanks for the idea bone krew, running 6 sun breakers in last IB was pretty funny (matching weapons, shaders and emblems ofc)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Smurf accounts were a "thing" last summer too shortly before RoI.

If I really cared about it that much I'd queue into matchmaking solo and rubber band my controller overnight.

Does that even work?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

Does that even work?

Jesus Christ I hope not

Edit: lol http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Destiny-Player-Creates-Bot-Play-Him-69569.html

Menstrual Show fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 26, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Menstrual Show posted:

Also thanks for the idea bone krew, running 6 sun breakers in last IB was pretty funny (matching weapons, shaders and emblems ofc)

Actually bone krew promotes individualism and discourages uniformity. We poo poo on teams that match emblems

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Actually bone krew promotes individualism and discourages uniformity. We poo poo on teams that match emblems

6v6 us we are legion. Betty already plays on the console with the Wrong Kind of RAM and I heard he's actually sean spicer irl

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No one really knows how Bungie's skill ranking works for sure but it was easy to confirm you can sacrifice your SBMM rating in SRL.. you win a bunch of races and get matched against people even or slightly better than you. Intentionally get 6th place in 2-3 races and you'd drop down and get easier competition. It was the only way for me to finish some of the bullshit bounties in the first SRL.

So get curbstomped in a playlist of your choice and there's no reason to think that it won't have an effect there too.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Are you trying to say light doesn't matter in crucible?!

it's a smurf account. I knew it for sure because I checked and he had already finished the grimoire on his class.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Menstrual Show posted:

6v6 us we are legion. Betty already plays on the console with the Wrong Kind of RAM and I heard he's actually sean spicer irl

Betty is a cool dude and in some ways I admire his ability to go both ways

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

He sent me a video of him flexing his pecs last week so I agree with you

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
I have no control over those drat things, they do what they please.

A teacher emerges.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There are many genders and there are many consoles

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Yet bottoms always choose XBox.

Pronounced "power tops"

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Got a Deposition VII from New Monarchy and this thing is a sneaky good sniper.

Slightly faster fire rate thsn ldr/1000ys. Good damage. Can rez snipe.

Hugh range (80 with HF) and good aim assist (62). It has low stability but its recoil direction is 80 so it only recoils up in a very manageable way.

Mine got SLH20. Snapshot. Hammer forged and Take a Knee.

Take a Knee seems bugged though. Doesn't slways proc. Kinda weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Got a Deposition VII from New Monarchy and this thing is a sneaky good sniper.

Slightly faster fire rate thsn ldr/1000ys. Good damage. Can rez snipe.

Hugh range (80 with HF) and good aim assist (62). It has low stability but its recoil direction is 80 so it only recoils up in a very manageable way.

Mine got SLH20. Snapshot. Hammer forged and Take a Knee.

Take a Knee seems bugged though. Doesn't slways proc. Kinda weird.

I have one with LV10 Quickdraw Smallbore and Unflinching. It is deffo sneaky good.

http://i.imgur.com/Op2qPkz.gifv

first shot felt better than it was but it's still plenty quick.

• Locked thread