Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Lol what the gently caress would that 'bill' even look like?

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

i am starting to think donald trump is a bad president

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Slamhound posted:

Just send 'em a single-line invoice for $300 billion for Making America Great Again :smugdon:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I'm the SAD!

also

quote:

Bannon later told me, “What’s that Dostoyevsky line: Happy families are all the same, but unhappy families are unhappy in their own unique ways?” (He meant Tolstoy.)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

can you paste the whole article?

its behind a paywall for me

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Slamhound posted:

Hey Angie,

You owe us $400,000,000,000 (four hundred billion US dollars) for services rendered under NATO over the last 68 (sixty-eight) years, and to make up your country's sad under-commitment to military spending and grave inaction in Iraq and other places.

Talk to Mnuchin over in Treasury about how you want to structure this very grave, and very big debt.

Sternly,

US PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

It's gonna be funny and cool as heck when Trump starts WWIII, imho

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

ShutteredIn posted:

It's gonna be funny and cool as heck when Trump starts WWIII, imho

Lets be real.

The dude is definitely getting the 25th thrown at him, or impeachment. It's the waiting that is killing me.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

jBrereton posted:

Hey Angie,

You owe us $400,000,000,000 (four hundred billion US dollars) for services rendered under NATO over the last 68 (sixty-eight) years, and to make up your country's sad under-commitment to military spending and grave inaction in Iraq and other places.

Talk to Mnuchin over in Treasury about how you want to structure this very grave, and very big debt.

Sternly,

US PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump.
just fyi if he did structure it this way, half, maybe more than half, of Germans would agree that they must pay their truly disgraceful debt that has been pointed out by a proper moral authority

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

Just send 'em a single-line invoice for $300 billion for Making America Great Again :smugdon:
lmao like Merkle is the NATO go-to.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

*republican voice* Obama has made america weak, nobody takes america seriously on the world stage anymore *votes for reality tv star and blimp sized buffoon donald john trump*

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Slamhound posted:

Would be awesome if she forwarded it to General Scaparrotti. Then the general calls Trump is and all like, "wtf?"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Slamhound posted:

She is personally responsible for the very stupid "associate enlargement" or w/e it was technically phrased as back in the late 2000s early 2010s wrt Georgia and Ukraine so if he wants to bill her, personally, for $400,000,000,000 that is okay.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I did a thing posted:

Lets be real.

The dude is definitely getting the 25th thrown at him, or impeachment. It's the waiting that is killing me.

Lol it would take 67 Senators to remove him and there's no goddamn way the 25th is getting invoked unless he has a major health problem or gets shot or something. We're stuck with the dude no matter how poo poo he is.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

I did a thing posted:

Would be awesome if she forwarded it to General Scaparrotti. Then the general calls Trump is and all like, "wtf?"

Trump: "Just pay it."

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

Lol it would take 67 Senators to remove him and there's no goddamn way the 25th is getting invoked unless he has a major health problem or gets shot or something. We're stuck with the dude no matter how poo poo he is.

Care to wager? Toxx or charitable donation?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

*republican voice* Obama has made america weak, nobody takes america seriously on the world stage anymore *votes for reality tv star and blimp sized buffoon donald john trump*

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hay doods check out my 'taking a poo poo' face

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I did a thing posted:

Care to wager? Toxx or charitable donation?

Sure! I'll donate another $10 to RAINN and toss $10 to SA if Trump is forced out of the presidency by the 25th or a successful impeachment.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

The commander of NATO is absolutely face palming everyday.

Probably has been approach by more than one EU leader asking "if there is anything you can do :wink: to help solve this Trump problem :wink: we totally will support the US during any transitional period :wink: :wink:"

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

I did a thing posted:

Lets be real.

Donald Trump is going to be president until 2020. He's not getting impeached lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Agrajag posted:

can you paste the whole article?

its behind a paywall for me

quote:

Donald Trump handed the German chancellor Angela Merkel a bill — thought to be for more than £300bn — for money her country “owed” Nato for defending it when they met last weekend, German government sources have revealed.

The bill — handed over during private talks in Washington — was described as “outrageous” by one German minister.

“The concept behind putting out such demands is to intimidate the other side, but the chancellor took it calmly and will not respond to such provocations,” the minister said.

Trump has criticised a number of Nato countries — Germany among them — for insufficient military spending, leaving America to pick up more than its fair share of the tab. He wants them to honour a commitment made in 2014 to invest 2% of their GDP in defence — a target met at present only by the US, Britain, Estonia, Greece and Poland.

Trump appeared to go one step further during his meeting with Merkel. Taking 2002 as a starting point, his officials calculated the extent to which German defence spending had fallen short of the 2% target each year, added the amount together — and then put interest on top.

US officials told their German counterparts they chose 2002 because, they claim, that was the year Merkel’s predecessor, Gerhard Schröder, committed his country to higher defence spending.

Neither side revealed the total, though official figures suggest a cumulative shortfall of more than £250bn. Addition of compound interest would take the amount past £300bn. According to diplomatic sources, Trump had his staff prepare similar calculations for all other Nato members below the 2% target.

A source close to Merkel was dismissive. “The president has a very unorthodox view on Nato defence spending,” the source said. “The alliance is not a club with a membership fee. The commitments relate to countries’ investment in their defence budgets.”

Merkel is said to have “ignored the provocation”, but did commit to raise German defence spending gradually, although she asked for spending on international development to be taken into consideration.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

trump will be nominally president for 8 years but presumably pretty soon he'll be sent on a permanent golfing holiday and all the keypad codes will be changed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
2024 u mean

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

angela merkel is now the leader of the free world, or something

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/democrats-intoduce-mar-lago-act-force-trump-provide-visitor-logs-n738426

quote:

Democrats are giving Donald Trump a transparency gut check in the form of a new bill with a mouthful of a name — and an acronym that takes an unsubtle dig at the president.

The "Making Access Records Available to Lead American Government Openness Act" — or MAR-A-LAGO Act — would require the Trump administration to disclose the names of anyone who visits the White House or "any other location at which the President or the Vice President regularly conducts official business."

The legislation, introduced in the House and Senate on Friday, calls for the creation of a publicly available database to be updated every 90 days.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

ShutteredIn posted:

Donald Trump is going to be president until 2020. He's not getting impeached lol

2024, minimum

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

angela merkel is now the leader of the free world, or something

She's a horrible human being especially for what she did to Greece to make sure German bankers would get paid.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Trump will always have the benefits fitting for any ex president including a large pension for life, a stipend for staff, no postage charged, lifetime free health insurance and lifetime secret service protection

:smuggo:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

etalian posted:

She's a horrible human being especially for what she did to Greece to make sure German bankers would get paid.

That's right. I forgot about that. Wasn't she completely uncompromising? Like would not even negotiate a different payment structure even though the Greeks were like, "We are broke. How are you going to bleed a stone?"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

22nd amendment gets repealed and Trumpy decides to retire only after his fourth term

inshallah

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The EU is hinged on German supremacy.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/845974102619906048

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

more shocking revelations from the NYT story!!

quote:

Before the meeting, Bannon took the West Virginia senator aside. “The thing you need to know about Trump,” Bannon said, “is he doesn’t care about the Republican Party and he doesn’t care about the Democratic Party. He just wants to put some wins on the board for the country.”

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Uhh...yeah? Obamacare is lovely but Paul Ryan's dumb bill was way worse and Planned Parenthood is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

:yeah:

• Locked thread