Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

p sure tien outright says that krillin is stronger than him at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Burkion posted:

If you go by Author's Word, Tien isn't even human. He's half alien or whatever.

So when Toriyama talks about the strongest human, the choices are loving Roshi, Yamcha and Krillin.

Mind you I find that stupid. Tien might as well be human, why wouldn't he be?

Toriyama never said Tien is an alien, unless he said it super recently. Daizenshuu 4 says he's descended from humans descended from aliens.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Adder Moray posted:

Daizenshuu 4 says he's descended from humans descended from aliens.
I feel like that only raises more questions!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Earth is home to:
  • Humans
  • Dog people
  • Bear people
  • Pig people
  • Imp people
  • Fox people
  • Mermaids
  • Talking dolphins
  • Talking turtles
  • Talking, flying cats
  • Talking fish
  • Talking pterodactyls
  • Like a bunch of demons and poo poo
  • It's just lousy with goddamn dinosaurs

28 planets left that host/originated sapient (NINGEN) life isn't that surprising given all the space genocides, Freeza probably has like a quarter of the planets he conquered used for natural resources and another quarter are all like, Risa-style resort planets.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No you see there can't be only 28 populated planets because

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

And furthermore mortal level is power level despite it being stated several times that it's not because

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't actually care about Akira Toriyama's views on the Fermi Paradox, TYVM

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Also it's got dozens of different monster people. Like Giran! Everybody remembers Giran, right?

And Monster Carrot, the most dangerous villain.

And I guess Vampires???

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Sindai posted:

I feel like that only raises more questions!

Alien(s) came to earth.

Hooked up with human(s).

Had bab(y/ies).

Those offspring continued to have offspring with other humans eventually leading on down to Tien.

That's assuming that the Daizenshuu can be taken as true.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gotta say I laughed more at Goku bringing up Monaka as a tournament participant than anything in that episode of DBZA

but! the DBZA episode was more enjoyable overall, 16 and goku interaction as well as tien and cell interaction were both gold standard

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Elder Kai and Beerus seem pretty casual around each other these days

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

StrifeHira posted:

28 planets left that host/originated sapient (NINGEN) life isn't that surprising given all the space genocides, Freeza probably has like a quarter of the planets he conquered used for natural resources and another quarter are all like, Risa-style resort planets.

also it's completely possible that the universes in dragonball are much much smaller than our own

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I just realized, they didn't mention Tien cause they are scared if they mention him he will beat their rear end cause he's too cool and strong.

t-t-thats the reason :smith:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

Vegeta is such a good dad and he's so embarrased by this fact

Vegeta is a bad dad because he's embarrassed by his fatherly feelings.

Tien is an odd choice for the last-minute tenth fighter slot but maybe they're building to Tien-Yamcha 3 as a decider.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

they'll be like "ugh i guess we can use yamcha", get to his house, and yamcha will say "wow you guys, i'm surprised you didn't invite tien before me"

then everyone just immediately leaves to get tien because they forgot about him

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The most logical explanation is that Supreme Kai and Beerus are even more terrible at their job than previously thought to be.

28 loving planets in the whole universe.

Elfgames posted:

also it's completely possible that the universes in dragonball are much much smaller than our own

The best banana scale we get to the actual size of DB universe is Super Shenron, and he was easily towering over 10 major galaxies, with a lot more in the background.

Also, Krilin now dies in imaginationland too. Solar Flare is still the best move.

I was a bit dissapointed how Android 17 was brought into this whole affair, I would have liked it more if he was the last member that became part of the circumstances in a convoluted way.

Apparently modifying ningens into superningens is against the GoD's laws.

Krillin's super secret new move appears to be a self sustaining Solar Flare. That poo poo needs to be banned for balance in the ToP.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lezard_valeth posted:

Also, Krilin now dies in imaginationland too. Solar Flare is still the best move.

That was Gohan's image battle.

I want to see Goku's where Krillin is fine.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If they haul in Tien and Yamcha we are totally getting Tiencha

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yamcha hardballing his entry into the Universe 7 team like a badass

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Vegeta wins this episode.

Loving Vegeta turning Blue everytime Bulla was upset and that he still has ex boyfriend stigma with Yamcha.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure Toyotaro will change the number of planets in the manga, I know Toriyama is not big on continuity but that's clearly a goof, I mean, lots of things like Freeza's empire, the galatic patrol, Milky Way's king, Earth's isolation, King Kai not knowing about Cell until Goku told him, Beerus' noted laziness at his job... don't really work with such a small population. It's weird this came up in the very same series that remembered Bulma has had Cell's time machine in a capsule for years.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The reason Trunks cant train with Bra is cause she'll kick his rear end imo.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I'm wondering if that was just Trunks' and Goten's opinion because they're kids and also idiots.

I can't imagine that at least Pan won't get trained, and if you're training one girl, why not two?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Petiso posted:

I'm pretty sure Toyotaro will change the number of planets in the manga, I know Toriyama is not big on continuity but that's clearly a goof, I mean, lots of things like Freeza's empire, the galatic patrol, Milky Way's king, Earth's isolation, King Kai not knowing about Cell until Goku told him, Beerus' noted laziness at his job... don't really work with such a small population. It's weird this came up in the very same series that remembered Bulma has had Cell's time machine in a capsule for years.

It also makes all of the movies super duper non-canon, because there are tones of aliens in filler episodes and movies.

Is fake Namek one the of the 28 planets?!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The movies that aren't Battle of Gods or Resurrection F aren't canon

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yamcha has to have a mortal level of like -2000. can we just erase him and boost 7 out of the tournament?

Condiv fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 26, 2017

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Yeah, I'm wondering if that was just Trunks' and Goten's opinion because they're kids and also idiots.

It might be that Trunks isn't confortable hitting a girl rather than he thinking girls can't be fighters period.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Condiv posted:

yamcha has to have a mortal level of like -2000. can we just erase him and boost 7 out of the tournament?

Yamcha may be the only mortal ever to beat a God of Destruction. He's single handed raising the Ningen level for the whole universe!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

after being snubbed at the tournament of power, yamcha will actually train, and become a villain. the yamcha arc will be two episodes with puar finally showing her true strength in vanquishing her former friend!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I'm thinking Braly will tie in with expectations for what Bra will grow up to become. Especially if it turns out through whatever means that the Tournament of Power will be spectated by the part of the cast that isn't participating.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Petiso posted:

It sounds like a Toei thing, not a Toriyama thing, and Toyotaro's probably got a whole different thing going on for universal ranking, if he uses it at all.

Toei are constantly throwing in weird stuff that doesn't make sense (see: the entire Black arc).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trunks won't train with a girl because unlike people itt he remembers how badly girls get their asses kicked in Dragonball.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

do you think we'll see any u6 earthlings in the tournament?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

sassassin posted:

Trunks won't train with a girl because unlike people itt he remembers how badly girls get their asses kicked in Dragonball.

and cause pan kicked his rear end

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

and cause pan kicked his rear end

I know Saiyans are bad people but they still don't punch babies.

Little Pan would get Videl'd in a real fight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

sassassin posted:

I know Saiyans are bad people but they still don't punch babies.

Little Pan would get Videl'd in a real fight.

Oh boy, that episode is on next week in Buu Kai isn't it?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

YF-23 posted:

I'm thinking Braly will tie in with expectations for what Bra will grow up to become. Especially if it turns out through whatever means that the Tournament of Power will be spectated by the part of the cast that isn't participating.

Her name definitely needs to be Shallot by the way.

Caros
May 14, 2008

God the 28 planets thing is dumb. Beerus has casually wiped out 1/15th of all life sustaining planets in the galaxy on screen in Dragonball Super.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
This is the same Kai that didn't realise that Goku and Vegeta were more powerful than basically anything else in the universe.

There might be a few oversights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man it's almost like that's the literal reason why U7 is so low.

Beerus and Kaio-shin are incompetent

• Locked thread