Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I recently played through Inquisition again and it really did/does kind of stupefy me that they went from the faces in that, which yeah could have doofy expressions at times same as ever, but which otherwise looked really good, to the poo poo in Andromeda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Puppy Time posted:

You... don't really understand what "free speech" actually means.

It means non-government beta cuck entities are not allowed to criticize my bad opinions other wise it's CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!1!

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Cyron posted:

we are going to have this wave of games for a year with awful voice acting, it gonna feel like 1998 again.

The VO stuff in Wildlands doesn't seem too stellar either, so it's going to be pretty fun seeing these super high HD Hollywood-esque games released with rando-level voicework.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

It means non-government beta cuck entities are not allowed to criticize my bad opinions other wise it's CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!1!

Yeah and defending the Nazis's free speech to silence minorities' free speech through violence and oppression is totally not hypocritical at all.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Thompsons posted:

The VO stuff in Wildlands doesn't seem too stellar either, so it's going to be pretty fun seeing these super high HD Hollywood-esque games released with rando-level voicework.

shitballs.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Annointed posted:

Then you frankly have no loving clue what free speech means. They use it in the context of "freedom from responsibility" and Sid is treating Jontron and his fans as the victims of lovely dev practices. Again, you're using it to defend a white supremacist and think cause FREEZE PEACH, that means Jontron shouldn't be punished for being a racist shithead and Yooka Laylee devs don't have the moral imperative to not allow such toxic views be welcome in their community.

Did we even watch the same video? He made it clear that he wasn’t criticising Playtonic for dropping Jontron’s voice from the game, only for (allegedly) trying to cover up the number of customers that had decided to cancel their prerders. He stated that it was their right to remove his voice if they wanted because they have control over their game.

Bear in mind that I was defending Sid before it was pointed out that he had sided with Milo in the past. If that’s true, gently caress him.

And I know that there are people who misuse the concept of free speech, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. It's better to have it and deal with it being misused sometimes than to not have it at all.

Bakeneko fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 26, 2017

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Puppy Time posted:

You... don't really understand what "free speech" actually means.

it means you can call out the stupid poo poo the govenment is doing and have the right to protest. to top it off it only covers the govenment and not privite componies, So the game devs are in their right to kick jontron.

a ton of the constitution in was made have the people police the government, which is why i find it funny when Democrats try to push gun control when we have trump in the white house. we should be teaching the LGBT and minorities how to use guns instead of banning them.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bakeneko posted:

Did we even watch the same video? He made it clear that he wasn’t criticising Playtonic for dropping Jontron’s voice from the game, only for (allegedly) trying to cover up the number of customers that had decided to cancel their prerders. He stated that it was their right to remove his voice if they wanted because they have control over their game.

Bear in mind that I was defending Sid before it was pointed out that he had sided with Milo in the past. If that’s true, gently caress him.

And I know that there are people who misuse the concept of free speech, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. It's better to have it and deal with it being misused sometimes than to not have it at all.

Again he defended Jontron on a moral platform and considered it to be a nuanced discussion on the event rather than acknowledge that Jontron is a racist POS and Yooka Laylee devs aren't being hypocritical in saying their desire for diversity means they shouldn't have excluded JonTron.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bakeneko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnG0D_gs6dg&t=297s

this is the same video where he whines about THE SJWS and THE FEMINAZIS too

gently caress sidalpha imo, you are giving him way too much credit

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Jack Gladney posted:

It's already up on youtube. I guess there's some kind of automated posting for streams.

I still don't understand how to have or read an exchange of ideas on twitter. I wish I could.
YouTube streams are all automatically saved to YouTube, it's just that the default setting is to go 'unlisted' once the stream ends. Channel operators can change that and leave them public, but because of the way the stream buffer works, streams longer than 4 hours will behave really inconsistently until they finish processing, which usually takes about 45 minutes per hour of stream.

But wait, it gets even weirder!

YouTube has two different streaming paths: Stream Now, and Events. If you use Events (which Lindsay was last night) then it generates a unique URL for that specific stream, and that URL stays the same once the stream flips to VOD, so even if it goes Unlisted the URL will take you to the VOD. Stream Now, on the other hand, works more like Twitch, where the Stream Now URL will always take you to whatever that channel happens to be streaming at this moment.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The idea that Yooka Laylee devs are DOING CENSORSHIP is pants-shittingly stupid. It's there game and they have a right to decide what they do or don't want their game to be associated with, and a right not to promote someone whose ideology they are opposed to. If a dumb red-piller decides not to buy Yooka Laylee because they think the developers are spooky skeleton warriors, what they are doing is absolutely no less "censorship" than what the Yooka-Laylee developers are doing.

It reeks of entitlement that people seem to view that not only do they have a right to free speech, but they have a right for their speech to be aknowledged, promoted, agreed with, given a platform, supported morally and financially, and for people to keep giving them stuff for free without any obligation to do so.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

financially racist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnG0D_gs6dg&t=297s

this is the same video where he whines about THE SJWS and THE FEMINAZIS too

gently caress sidalpha imo, you are giving him way too much credit

Wow, yeah I’m definitely not going to waste any more brain cells on someone who calls himself a fan of that guy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FoldableHuman posted:

YouTube streams are all automatically saved to YouTube, it's just that the default setting is to go 'unlisted' once the stream ends. Channel operators can change that and leave them public, but because of the way the stream buffer works, streams longer than 4 hours will behave really inconsistently until they finish processing, which usually takes about 45 minutes per hour of stream.

But wait, it gets even weirder!

YouTube has two different streaming paths: Stream Now, and Events. If you use Events (which Lindsay was last night) then it generates a unique URL for that specific stream, and that URL stays the same once the stream flips to VOD, so even if it goes Unlisted the URL will take you to the VOD. Stream Now, on the other hand, works more like Twitch, where the Stream Now URL will always take you to whatever that channel happens to be streaming at this moment.

The political economy of youtube will never not be the most fascinating thing about it, especially with cases for comparison like twitch and poor dead blip.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Augus posted:

The idea that Yooka Laylee devs are DOING CENSORSHIP is pants-shittingly stupid. It's there game and they have a right to decide what they do or don't want their game to be associated with, and a right not to promote someone whose ideology they are opposed to.

People don't have a problem with devs "self-censoring" their games. The problem is that they genuinely believe that it's never a personal decision; it is always some social justice movement that is forcing their hand. It absolutely has to be, whether it's an active movement or a movement that they made up and presume will definitely, without a doubt, become active after the fact.

They acknowledge that devs can do whatever they want, but they truly believe that the devs are not doing what they want to do but what they have to do.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Takoluka posted:

People don't have a problem with devs "self-censoring" their games. The problem is that they genuinely believe that it's never a personal decision; it is always some social justice movement that is forcing their hand. It absolutely has to be, whether it's an active movement or a movement that they made up and presume will definitely, without a doubt, become active after the fact.

They acknowledge that devs can do whatever they want, but they truly believe that the devs are not doing what they want to do but what they have to do.

Racists believe that everyone is secretly as racist as they are, and people who say they're not are only doing it in order to hide their true motives out of peer pressure and are secretly doing their best to undermine other races and infect them with jewishcommulistbaeta SJW propaganda.

Obviously this also makes it funny when they think that people will believe they aren't racist if they say so, even though they spout bullshit stats about how black people are inherently criminals. Because of course those SJW's say that white people/men are inferior, but they get away with it.

This is also to me where the whole virtue signaling comes from. Racists are used to lying about their real views with things they think will make them look good in order to slip in their real message. So naturally they assume that this must be what all those anti-racism people are doing.

cosmically_cosmic fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 26, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Takoluka posted:

Do they ever think it's because of brainwashing? Is that part of their roiling gynophobia, that sultry seductive ladies can use sex to confuse honest, math-minded engineers out of doing what is natural and normal?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you want the difference between free speech and censorship, Jim Sterling defended SidAlpha after some shithead developers filed a copyright takedown on one of Sid's videos. Not defending his views, just his right to express them. That is not the same as lashing out at a developer for removing a personality from their game before it has launched.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

cosmically_cosmic posted:

Racists believe that everyone is secretly as racist as they are, and people who say they're not are only doing it in order to hide their true motives out of peer pressure and are secretly doing their best to undermine other races and infect them with jewishcommulistbaeta SJW propaganda.

Obviously this also makes it funny when they think that people will believe they aren't racist if they say so, even though they spout bullshit stats about how black people are inherently criminals. Because of course those SJW's say that white people/men are inferior, but they get away with it.

This is also to me where the whole virtue signaling comes from. Racists are used to lying about their real views with things they think will make them look good in order to slip in their real message. So naturally they assume that this must be what all those anti-racism people are doing.

I really have to wonder how they think the peer pressure came about if everyone secretly disagrees with it.

Jack Gladney posted:

Do they ever think it's because of brainwashing? Is that part of their roiling gynophobia, that sultry seductive ladies can use sex to confuse honest, math-minded engineers out of doing what is natural and normal?

That's explicitly what a lot of the cuck beta junk is.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've always felt that if the best thing you can come up with to defend what somebody is saying is "free speech" then it's probably not worth defending at all.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

There's a bunch of weird crazies that think this about cool dude ChipCheezum since it became known that he and VoidBurger are together.

"No, no I like him! He can't actually be like this, he's secretly just trapped among those dirty lieberal "friends" of his! It's all that fee-mail's fault!"

Takoluka posted:

This is pretty much the case for all media by this point now too, games, movies, comics, music, books whatever, there's no way anyone can ever rethink a thing they made, decide to change something that could be in poor taste or inappropriate, something that might hurt or offend a fan, that's definitely never a choice of the creator anymore, it's all those drat essjewz I tell ya.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 26, 2017

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Puppy Time posted:

I really have to wonder how they think the peer pressure came about if everyone secretly disagrees with it.

Communism. Or Cultural Marxism if you wanna be fancy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

There's a bunch of weird crazies that think this about cool dude ChipCheezum since it became known that he and VoidBurger are together.

"No, no I like him! He can't actually be like this, he's secretly just trapped among those dirty lieberal "friends" of his! It's all that fee-mail's fault!"

This is pretty much the case for all media by this point now too, games, movies, comics, music, books whatever, there's no way anyone can ever rethink a thing they made, decide to change something that could be in poor taste or inappropriate, something that might hurt or offend a fan, that's definitely never a choice of the creator anymore, it's all those drat essjewz I tell ya.

pussystrangled again!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alaois posted:

pussystrangled again!

Another good man stolen at pussypoint by the nefarious gynocracy. :sigh:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Yardbomb posted:

Another good man stolen at pussypoint by the nefarious gynocracy. :sigh:

void defended a child fucker with a diper poo poo fetish.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
One of the opinions I've heard (and while I know it might make people angry, I do sort of agree with it) is that it might have been better in the long run if Playtronic had not removed Jon from the game. I know it's well within their right to do so, but it's resulted in bringing them a lot of ire and generating a lot of arguments (take a look at the Yooka-Laylee Steam discussions). It might have been better if they had just left him in and downplayed his involvement, or just removed him without any kind of announcement.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cyron posted:

void defended a child fucker with a diper poo poo fetish.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope, incorrect.

They saw them having their meltdown at the time without context at first, then said they wish they could fix their brain, that's it as to their interactions with the poopmaster, don't be a dumbfuck and go off of kiwifarms information.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 26, 2017

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Yardbomb posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope, incorrect.

They saw them having their weird meltdown at the time without the context, then said they wish they could fix their brain, that's it, don't be a dumbfuck and go off of kiwifarms information.

it still defending pedophiles.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cyron posted:

No it really isn't, they said that again before actually knowing what awful poo poo they were up to, they just saw someone having a meltdown.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cyron posted:

do i need to go find some of your posts about how trans people are mutilated freaks or are you gonna stop posting on your own

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Alaois posted:

do i need to go find some of your posts about how trans people are mutilated freaks or are you gonna stop posting on your own

at least i am not defending pedos like this thread does. that will show me posting a shitpost in c-spam.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Max Wilco posted:

One of the opinions I've heard (and while I know it might make people angry, I do sort of agree with it) is that it might have been better in the long run if Playtronic had not removed Jon from the game. I know it's well within their right to do so, but it's resulted in bringing them a lot of ire and generating a lot of arguments (take a look at the Yooka-Laylee Steam discussions). It might have been better if they had just left him in and downplayed his involvement, or just removed him without any kind of announcement.

https://twitter.com/theMirai/status/845501058096939008

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cyron posted:

at least i am not defending pedos like this thread does.

Feel free to crawl back into a hole somewhere :vd:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

maybe i need to rape a kids for this thread to suck my cock. maybe i need to kill white people.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cyron posted:

at least i am not defending pedos like this thread does. that will show me posting a shitpost in c-spam.

Cyron posted:

maybe i need to rape a kids for this thread to suck my cock. maybe i need to kill white people.

take your meds

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Alaois posted:

take your meds

this threads love child rape becuase child rape is now the same as being gay.

this thread need to be gassed, lowtax is not happy a few of the toxic fucks from D&D are still hanging on.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

what is going on in your mind and in your life that is making you act this way

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Takoluka posted:

what is going on in your mind and in your life that is making you act this way

when pedos are more loved then poor people to the internet critic thread where it just a C-spam thread about the alt right just in the podcast forum.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

You're real dumb my man.

Cyron.exe has encounter a critical error

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Yardbomb posted:

You're fuckin dumb my man.

at least i am not a child fucker like you.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cyron posted:

at least i am not a child fucker like you.

Take a chill for a while. Your posting's been good and fun here for a long time. Don't ruin things now.

• Locked thread