Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Andrast posted:

That's probably just the new console tax. It will hopefully get better as time goes on.

Well in Rime's case the developers said that it's far more expensive to manufacture the cartridges than it is to print Blu-ray discs. I know Puyo Puyo Tetris is $10 more because they threw in a bunch of dumb keychains but as far as I know there's no excuse as to why the Minecraft game is $10 more at retail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Policenaut posted:

Well in Rime's case the developers said that it's far more expensive to manufacture the cartridges than it is to print Blu-ray discs.

Memories of 1997

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Well in Rime's case the developers said that it's far more expensive to manufacture the cartridges than it is to print Blu-ray discs. I know Puyo Puyo Tetris is $10 more because they threw in a bunch of dumb keychains but as far as I know there's no excuse as to why the Minecraft game is $10 more at retail.

Are those games only more expensive when you get a physical copy or also on the eshop?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Andrast posted:

Are those games only more expensive when you get a physical copy or also on the eshop?

Even Nintendo is terrified of pissing off retail, so they price everything at retail MSPR until digital sales or price degradation happen (which they don't, because Nintendo).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Sadly, it doesn't. The Wii U inexplicably loads faster, but looks like mush and due to the lower resolution there are less LOD related frame drops... Buyout both versions poo poo their bed in certain areas (Korok Forest, lol) and in general if too much stuff +Gras is on screen

Frame rate nerds would lose their minds playing zelda. I have actually hit points where it runs at about 1 frame every 2 seconds.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

Even Nintendo is terrified of pissing off retail, so they price everything at retail MSPR until digital sales or price degradation happen (which they don't, because Nintendo).

None of those listed games is Nintendo published though.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Andrast posted:

None of those listed games is Nintendo published though.

Point taken

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Andrast posted:

Reportedly Rime is going to be the same price on both digital and physical. PPT is supposed to be $10 cheaper on the eShop but I'm reading that in Europe the digital version is on the same tenner increased price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

$40 for Binding of Isaac is completely insane.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

$40 for Binding of Isaac is completely insane.

It's not that much cheaper on steam if you are also buying both expansions.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The complete BoI package on Steam costs around €36.

Edit: So yeah, not as much of a difference as one would think.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Oh what comes in the full package more poop and dead cats?!?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

FishBulb posted:

Yup, also don't forget the dead dogs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Significantly more poop, in fact

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Frame rate nerds would lose their minds playing zelda. I have actually hit points where it runs at about 1 frame every 2 seconds.

I'm normally not like this. I can forgive a whole lot and I do. I didn't bother me when I played Zelda on the WiiU but coming from Horizon it did make me appreciate the effort Guerrilla put into making the engine run at a near 30 FPS.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

How do I get to the shore? It looks like it's beyond the back of the Resistance camp but there isn't an exit there and no other paths from the overworld seem to go in that direction.
Eventually a big hole in the ground will open up, if it hasn't already (it's hard to miss). The entrance to the shore is a tunnel on one of the sides of the hole, which will take you through a sewer. The game will eventually direct you there anyway, but you'll get locked out of some sidequests shortly thereafter so if that happens and the sidequests aren't done I highly recommend not going any deeper into the shore area than the sidequests require because you'll have to start the entire quest chain over again on Route B if you go too far..

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Paracelsus posted:

The game will eventually direct you there anyway

I think that's what happened, there was a nav point which I now realize was on the pipe itself, then it switched to another when I got close, but I was just running past on the way to something else and lost track of where the first had been.

"Routes" are cycles of NG+, right?

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 26, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Calling it NG+ is not entirely accurate, but you start route B by continuing from a save file that cleared route A, and rounte C by continuing a save file that cleared route B.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andrast posted:

I like the idea of the Switch getting indie support and games that were previously on the 3DS (Like monster hunter and JRPGs) while also getting all of the main line Nintendo stuff.

That's probably just the new console tax. It will hopefully get better as time goes on.

The Playstation 4 is apparently for twee indie games, BB and very recently HZD, if my library is anything to go by.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

The Playstation 4 is apparently for twee indie games, BB and very recently HZD, if my library is anything to go by.

That's not very different from my library except that I also played Nioh (and soon Persona 5)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Two year anniversary of Bloodborne :unsmith: soon anniversary of it getting robbed in GOTY polls by seven hours to defeat a single boss journos

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I really want From to make new franchises and maybe revive some old ones (OTOGI) but I would love for them to revisit the Bloodborne series once more. It's such an incredible game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

exquisite tea posted:

In addition to those, I used it for Doom, TF2 (which still has an active multiplayer community unlike the pc version), Destiny, Rainbow 6, Uncharted 4/collection, TLOU, and Blops3 (also somehow has a healthier mp pop compared to the pc version). Got a lot of mileage out of it myself :shrug:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jimbot posted:

I really want From to make new franchises and maybe revive some old ones (OTOGI) but I would love for them to revisit the Bloodborne series once more. It's such an incredible game.

These are seriously two of the coolest video games ever made, it's genuinely awful that they're only available on the original XBox. I hope that, now that they're taking a break from Souls that FromSoftware re-releases some of these lost but excellent games of theirs on the PS4 or on PC or something. The Otogi games, Metal Wolf Chaos, Shadow Tower Abyss, they have a bunch of great oddball games that never popped up anywhere else.

I mean if they announced Bloodborne 2 I'd be there day 0 but I hope they get to do something a little different. Even if it's just Sci-Fi Souls or something.

I finally got ADK Tamashii, I'm a huge SNK/Neo Geo fan so this was a real treat. Most of ADK's Neo Geo games actually aren't that awesome but it does have Twinkle Star Sprites and Ninja Master's on it and the compilation is worth it just for those. I'm still shaken SNK published a compilation of ADK Neo Geo stuff but didn't include Magician Lord. :wtc: Worth it though, an actual Neo Geo cartridge of Ninja Master's starts at like $400. :laffo: Twinkle Star Sprites is just as addictive as ever. PS4 owners without a Wii U or Switch can use it as a good substitute for Mario Kart 8 at destroying friendships.

SNK mentioned that they're working on putting Fatal Fury Battle Archives: Volume 2 on the PS4 also. I'm hoping it's the Japanese version since while all three games on it are awesome, the US PS2 version of this game has reduced and white/green blood. I know that sounds stupid to care about but I have the original PS2 collection and for a 2D sprite game where all the stuff is drawn and layered in a really specific way it really does make a lot of the animations look weird.

MrLonghair posted:

Two year anniversary of Bloodborne :unsmith: soon anniversary of it getting robbed in GOTY polls by seven hours to defeat a single boss journos

I still love that in February 2015 and March 2015, Sony put out two big budget first party games about gothic Victorian blood cults that hunt werewolves within like one week of each other. The Order: 1886 was an embarrassment compared to Bloodborne though.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 26, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

HZD is pretty loving great you guys.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

spudsbuckley posted:

HZD is pretty loving great you guys.

:yeah:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If Horizon added a survival mode or an arena where you fought increasingly harder waves of robodinos I'd probably load that up every single day of my life.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I loving adored Horizon but I got bored with killing robot dinosaurs. God help me I'd play for another hundred hours if it were nothing but exploring ruins reading/listening to end times lore.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Are there any games currently, or coming out soon, worth looking into that are in the theme of dynasty warriors?
I haven't touched one of those games in.....10+ years but have the itch to take on waves of different enemies, fighting for objectives, unlocking crap

With all the talk of Switches over the last pages, go and buy yourself a WiiU, a copy of Hyrule Warriors and the season pass.

Then prepare to lose a good 4 to 6 months of your free time.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Meldonox posted:

I loving adored Horizon but I got bored with killing robot dinosaurs. God help me I'd play for another hundred hours if it were nothing but exploring ruins reading/listening to end times lore.

Try playing on a higher difficulty and getting past the eastern areas. Game really opens up in the desert area.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I got pretty bored of the combat by the end as well. It's a great game, but the combat isn't that deep and becomes pretty easy by the end. Which is perfect for a story-driven open world game. But I'm not really lining up to play it again.

The combat experience is great in the early and mid game when you are learning how to fight each enemy with the tools you have available. By the end, when all the tool are available and you know how to fight every enemy, there's not a lot left.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

LET'S GET IT

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

What a loving disaster.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This is what happens when you let SJWs make games! This is what SJW wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That video and the comments made my night. Comedy gold.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jimbot posted:

This is what happens when you let SJWs make games! This is what SJW wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That video and the comments made my night. Comedy gold.
:yikes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

I'm using the PS4 twitch app and it keeps changing quality of the stream, which means repeating the past couple seconds of the broadcast. It does this repeatedly, about once every 10 seconds occasionally skipping ahead 20 seconds or so to catch back up with the stream. Is there any way to fix this?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you could try watching twitch through the web browser instead. otherwise no, it'll just do that. I always assumed it was to do with my internet being garbage when it happens to me, tho it's not nearly as bad or as often as it is for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

That's too bad. It's not like my internet is horrendous, I think it might just be right in between where either quality setting would work well or something. I wonder why they don't provide quality settings.
Thanks anyways.