Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Angepain posted:

So does Jones dropping it mean he's been declared part of the evil globalist conspiracy now? I've not been keeping up with internet crazy lately

I seem to recall protesters claiming that he's just a shill for whatever gets him the most listeners. They're eating their own and it's wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Did Garrison eat Dees to gain his power?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ben posted:

During last year’s presidential campaign I drew a ‘drain the swamp’ cartoon featuring Donald Trump pulling a big plug. Various characters were swirling down a swampy drain. It was a very popular cartoon and we sold quite a few signed prints.

Now that Trump has been elected, I realize that the swamp is much vaster and deeper than the one I had earlier depicted. The ‘Deep State,’ or shadow government, features agencies that have been allowed to accrue way too much power and scope under little oversight. In other words, we allowed a monster to be created.

What is the Deep State? It consists of the illuminati who control vast fortunes. It includes the central bankers, the Bilderbergs, the CFR, and the spy agencies that illegally track and record Americans. They want power and control through collectivism. It’s the beast that wants bring about the New World Order. It’s the creature that Eisenhower tried to warn us about. It’s the entity that took out Kennedy when he tried to stop them. Since then, we’ve had too many presidents who were elected under the tacit approval of the Deep State. The possible exception was Ronald Reagan, and he wasn’t the same after he was shot by Hinckley.

Aside from the bumbling Carter and Ford, what we mostly got since Kennedy were corrupt Deep State criminals posing as presidents. LBJ was a murderer who sent 50,000 soldiers to their death in an invented war in Vietnam. The Bushes cast us into middle eastern sand traps. The Deep State grew ever-stronger and raked in our tax dollars. Sometimes they steal it out right. (Remember the $6.5 trillion missing from the Pentagon?) We got the Bush and Clinton dynasties. Daddy Bush was a former CIA man who helped further the New World Order and the Deep State. Obama gave the Deep State even more power and its shadow grew longer.

Then Trump arrived and the Deep State did their best to thwart him. Trump is a populist and a nationalist. He doesn’t want open borders. He defeated Hillary, the Deep State’s choice. Trump is an anathema to the globalist Deep State and they are still trying to take him down. Therefore, they concocted a ludicrous narrative that Russia aided Trump and ‘hacked the election.’ Instead of locking up Hillary, they invented grandiose lies and reverse McCarthyism. They are out to impeach Trump. This could lead to civil war.

Snowden told us the Deep State was real and now there’s no doubt whatsoever. Even McCain complained President Trump was a threat to their New World Order. It’s not the stuff of tinfoil conspiracy—it’s real and it’s a threat to our Republic. Trump may be our last, best chance to drain the Deep State swamp.

—Ben Garrison

toons:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Remember to throw all Palestinian first borns in the river.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Still not calling it Trumpcare eh? For someone who loves his names on failed products he can't seem to jump on this one

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there a Hotdogate now?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ben! posted:

What is the Deep State? It consists of the illuminati who control vast fortunes. It includes the central bankers, the Bilderbergs, the CFR, and the spy agencies that illegally track and record Americans. They want power and control through collectivism.

Only Trump can save us from the communist bankers!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
reverse McCarthyism sounds like a terrible sex move.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

It consists of the illuminati who control vast fortunes.

quote:

It’s not the stuff of tinfoil conspiracy—it’s real and it’s a threat to our Republic.

:tinfoil:

So if the Illuminati is real, does that mean I can get the infinite power of nano augmentation?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Zivilyn Bane posted:

:tinfoil:

So if the Illuminati is real, does that mean I can get the infinite power of nano augmentation?

Nah, but you can have this knife.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ularg posted:

reverse McCarthyism sounds like a terrible sex move.

That's were you spank your partner with a ream of blank paper then stick it in your own butt and complain that it's dirty.

I guess.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hihohe posted:

Remember to throw all Palestinian first borns in the river.

Like he'd stop there.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

At long last, Zardoz Ben's Greatest Hits: Jews, Pizzagate, Obama, JEWS, Vaccinations, Jeb, The Shoe, JEWS, McCain, Svelte Trump, MSM, JEWS, plus his latest smash, Deep State!

I wonder who the mostly submerged alligator is supposed to be.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I believe it's related to Pizzagate in some convoluted way. Obama ordering lots of pizza and hot dogs for a WH event years ago, or some such.

You know it's bad for the GOP when even Gamble is piling on.

Skippy Granola posted:

Crying Big Ben is a powerful symbol. You don't want to overuse it.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

This is just insulting.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

New beauty and the beast isnt looking so great.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Can't Swamp Thing be considered a hero, at least sometimes?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ah yes, that despised character and true villain of his stories, Swamp-thing.

Edit: loving hell, I get ninjad after a page.

Technowolf posted:

Can't Swamp Thing be considered a hero, at least sometimes?

When is he not? He serves The Green and is essentially the being whose duty is to preserve all life. The only person who ever killed him was Lex Luther when he figured out he could sell his evil devices and become a billionaire.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 26, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Seeing the delusional hero-worship from Garrison and the channers makes me wonder what would happen if Trump suffered a fatal heart attack in the middle of his term and Pence took over. Would they transfer the hero worship to him, or would they just start spreading conspiracy theories about Pence getting rid of him?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is it just me, or is Beeler much less of a dick now that Trump was elected?

http://www.politicalcartoons.com/cartoon/8ae3734e-2c54-49f2-99b8-69d876bc9b4c.html

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

This still bothers me. Does he not realize that the word "globalist" made it into conservative lexicon as code for "jew?"

Apes-Ma posted:

Seeing the delusional hero-worship from Garrison and the channers makes me wonder what would happen if Trump suffered a fatal heart attack in the middle of his term and Pence took over. Would they transfer the hero worship to him, or would they just start spreading conspiracy theories about Pence getting rid of him?

Duh.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Lol @ the historical revisionism that's already calling this "Ryancare" like it wasn't "Trumpcare" right up until the very second it failed.

Since everyone else already pointed out all the other crazy poo poo in here, all I can say is man, Garrison, I thought Trump was gonna win nonstop and nobody could possibly stand in his way. Now you're telling me he can't get anything done? Trump sounds like a loving pussy.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What has he done that even hints that he still wants to "drain the swamp"?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jay Rust posted:

What has he done that even hints that he still wants to "drain the swamp"?
To Garrison, Trump said he wants to do it, so everything he does is by definition in service of that goal. Repealing Obamacare = draining the swamp.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Apes-Ma posted:

I think you know the answer to this.

Trump is the right's Obama, the messianic figure that promised the world and allowed everyone to project their own imaginations onto him. Any failures he has (including death) will always be Someone Else's Fault.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I think you know the answer to this.

Trump is the right's Obama, the messianic figure that promised the world and allowed everyone to project their own imaginations onto him. Any failures he has (including death) will always be Someone Else's Fault.

Actually the Left is somewhat willing to admit that Obama was kind of a disappointment. Like the Republicans refusing to work with him isn't his fault, but it took him a long time to become jaded enough to just move poo poo past them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Lol @ the historical revisionism that's already calling this "Ryancare" like it wasn't "Trumpcare" right up until the very second it failed.

That wasn't brand-new -- I'd seen the term before, and from what I can tell, whether it was "Ryancare" or "Trumpcare" was always a function of your opinion of the legislation compared to your relative opinion of Trump/Ryan

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Creationist beliefs are just as irrational and tribal as sports team affiliation. AGC.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

GDubs never had the kind of cult of personality surrounding him that donald does. It's easy to deny that you were a Bush supporter, because you probably didn't own a "Restore dignity to the White House" hat that you wore everywhere, change your Facebook profile pic to a a 'shop of his head on the God Emperor of Mankind's body, and respond to every criticism of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars by getting in the other person's face and screaming "BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH!" until they walked away. You don't really walk it back from that.

With donald, we're gonna see a lot of people double down and insist he was actually great, but he was Stabbed in the Back™, or that the good things that (hopefully) come after him were actually just his glorious plans paying off in the long-run, and that if not for the interference of us meddling kids, they would have succeeded even harder, and we'd all be living in the toga-clad golden age from that one libertarian comic series, with talking chimps and magical healthcare beds.

I don't think that's going to stop it. We live in the era of alternative facts, and denying you've said things you've been recorded saying, and straight-up revisionist history. It might not be successful, but I imagine it's not going to be an uncommon attempt to try.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Prism posted:

I don't think that's going to stop it. We live in the era of alternative facts, and denying you've said things you've been recorded saying, and straight-up revisionist history. It might not be successful, but I imagine it's not going to be an uncommon attempt to try.

Depends on how the alt facts are used...I grant you that I could easily see some psychos looking me right in the eye and saying "I never supported that idiot". My dad did it when supporting that one Missouri rear end in a top hat when he said that you can't get pregnant from rape, and he went from "Trump's gonna make America white again!" to "He's an idiot but better than Hillary to" "He's going to make things very different (said in a really sad tone)." over the course of about half a year, and if you ask him about previous viewpoints, he'll claim he never had them. That said, my dad is only not an actual, literal freeper because he's so freeper that he still hates and mistrusts internet-capable phones and computers in 20-goddamn-17. He basically has a mini-freep at the local convenience store, where he and all the old farmers get together, drink lovely coffee, brag about their newest guns, and complain about demmy-crats and brown people (except the ones running the store, who are The Good Ones, of course).

But he's old and doesn't care what others think of him, so I think that there will also be a lot who want to seem like (and tell themselves that) they are the rational, reasonable ones, willing to (pretend to) concede a few facts. Thus, we'll get a lot who also hold to the narrative that Trump was great, just misunderstood.

E: Typo

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Apes-Ma posted:

Would depend on whether any convincing evidence is found if he does 100% of everything they wanted trump to do at all times

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I think once Alex Jones dropped it

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/846080494387318786

Obviously I did not tune in to this exciting episode because Alex Jones is the rhetorical equivalent of that cinematic technique of walking down a hallway while the end of the hall gets farther and farther away.

That statement of apology to Comet Ping Pong was, I am assuming, done strictly to avoid a law suit; it's back to the vagueness and promises of future revelations now.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sandpuppy posted:

I believe it's related to Pizzagate in some convoluted way. Obama ordering lots of pizza and hot dogs for a WH event years ago, or some such.

In the set of emails where Podesta said he was going to eat pizza, which insane people interpreted to mean he was going to have sex with little girls, there was one where Hillary said she wanted a hot dog with no bun for lunch, which insane people interpreted to mean she wanted to have sex with little boys.

I assume the hot dog is drawn with a bun in the cartoon because otherwise it wouldn't be recognizable as a hot dog.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:, Section 18C Edition:

The legislation to rewrite parts of section 18C in what the Australian is dubbing "Bill Leak's Law" will hit the Senate this week.

Today the Australian moved the tributes to Bill Leak further back in the paper and instead published Jon Kudelka:

Cathy Wilcox:

Glen Le Lievre:

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Von Sloneker posted:

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/846080494387318786

Obviously I did not tune in to this exciting episode because Alex Jones is the rhetorical equivalent of that cinematic technique of walking down a hallway while the end of the hall gets farther and farther away.

That statement of apology to Comet Ping Pong was, I am assuming, done strictly to avoid a law suit; it's back to the vagueness and promises of future revelations now.

I don't know why I assume people will eventually concede to reality...:sigh:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

That's quite the self-own there. I wonder if he realizes? Oh, what am I saying, of course he doesn't.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:, Section 18C Edition:

The legislation to rewrite parts of section 18C in what the Australian is dubbing "Bill Leak's Law" will hit the Senate this week.

Today the Australian moved the tributes to Bill Leak further back in the paper and instead published Jon Kudelka:

Glen Le Lievre:

This does not jive with my impression of the general Australian's viewpoint at all.

Then again I don't really know many Australians. :shrug:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Trapezium Dave posted:

Glen Le Lievre:

Is that Tasmania? It's adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
"It’s not the stuff of tinfoil conspiracy—it’s real"

• Locked thread