Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Vonnie posted:

You motherfucker :argh:

I went ham on the IV banner that first showed up on and ended up not getting it, I missed it on the luckies, goddamnit I was going to get my lance. The OSB is just a nice bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So with OK is it worth building him for magic even on a melee team? Currently running OK/Ramza/Vaan/Tyro/Y'shtola and then I just RW whatever helps most for the fight, with OK going melee focused. I could drop Tyro (or Y'shtola) for Tidus or Squall and RW a backup wall/asylum.

Has anyone tried the ??? difficulty version of the Nesis fight? Just how bullshit is it? Even in the 180 I did a couple hit and runs to build up SB gauges, which I ended up definitely needing because it can screw you badly with RNG/slow and just raw damage hitting with its 1500+ damage AOE even when you've got multiple break(downs) on it and the main defensive buffs running.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I regret not pulling on the PC banner for a chance at Onion BSB. It had a lot of dupes but at least the dupes would've been good stat sticks.

Someone talk up the second III banner so I can feel better about planning a pull or two for it, tia.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Adel posted:

I regret not pulling on the PC banner for a chance at Onion BSB. It had a lot of dupes but at least the dupes would've been good stat sticks.

Someone talk up the second III banner so I can feel better about planning a pull or two for it, tia.

it has the onion knight bsb on it!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Adel posted:

If you're really interested in OK, that's the banner to go for it looks like. It's got all his stuff on it.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday. Back when the first FFT banner came out, I spent 300 mythril trying to get Platinum Sword since I knew how important it was going to be. I got jack poo poo in that 300 mythril, the only character relics I got out of six 11-pulls was two copies of Tailwind. Of course, they hosed with the drop rates on that banner, but still. I've usually done a pull on every banner it's shown up on since then, and have whiffed every time.

Finally. After a year of constantly RW'ing Shout, I now have the freedom to use it myself!

...but oh, I got Onion Gauntlets in the next 11-pull I tried on the banner. As someone who's had very few forms of Hastega, this pleases me greatly, now I just have to figure out what kind of A-team I'm shooting for now.

Unfortunately, I never pulled TERROR BALTIMORE's OSB. I'm sad about this but at this point I had 8 of the 11 relics on the banner (that Excalibur was a dupe) and decided not to push further. I might end up regretting it, but TERROR will get better stuff later so... (although that OSB would have been nice paired with the Tiara)

Then I did a 11-pull on Anniversary Banner 1 just for shits and giggles. Sephiroth OSB, Sephiroth Gloves, Sephiroth Gloves. Um, okay...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have a weird problem in that now I have everything I used to RW so now I dont know what the hell to RW

Also my A team is like 8 heroes.

A good problem I suppose...

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Adel posted:

So, OK OSB isn't the most flashy thing, but 6* armor is nice, and Japan has seen a surge of bosses that Resist all elements except their weakness, so being non-elemental means it'll always be hitting a bit above average on every boss. (x13 physical vs 12 standard; x43 magical vs 40 standard)

OK BSB needs no explanation.

Desch BSB has a MAG increasing command which puts it on par with something like Quistis BSB for damage.

Ingus' BSB is great tanking tool, comes with an always stackable ATK/DEF self buff, and getting extra hits means spamming it more often.

Arc's SSB is probably one of the best non-BSB heals with Instant Blink/Curaga. Robe is holy boosting too, so even if you don't have a good holy mage BSB, give it to whoever RWs Raines BSB and it's already getting use. (edit: there are also a few physical attackers that use robes, most notably TGCid)

Desch's SSB is an Imperil on someone who can Wrath spam. Perfect for a Lightning team. (Also MAG +30%, so great depending on what Faithga you have)

OK's SSBs aren't what you're chasing but they're nice. The Wall Break is decent non-elemental damage and the Medica can be Wrath spammed for healing and some magic damage if you're taking Y'shtola as a Wall or something.

And since I'm trying to sell you on this Banner I'm NOT going to mention the Nightmare pull of Desch's Gauntlet/11. Just think of it as Relic with no SB. Or an off-banner.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 26, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Fear of a fourth Arc robe (dollar pulled #3) or FIFTH Sephiroth glove gives me pause to pull on banner 1

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Servaetes posted:

Fear of a fourth Arc robe (dollar pulled #3) or FIFTH Sephiroth glove gives me pause to pull on banner 1

[ASK] me about owning a 7* and a 6* Arc robe after Banner 1. (I dollar pulled one too, and ended up with two more my first pull, it was stupid.)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Has anyone tried the ??? difficulty version of the Nesis fight? Just how bullshit is it? Even in the 180 I did a couple hit and runs to build up SB gauges, which I ended up definitely needing because it can screw you badly with RNG/slow and just raw damage hitting with its 1500+ damage AOE even when you've got multiple break(downs) on it and the main defensive buffs running.

Pretty sure the ??? fight is literally impossible right now, since you're supposed to do it with a bunch of different realm synergies. Apparently there was already supposed to be synergy for cores, and the gauntlet was supposed to open more when you finished it, but those seem to be bugged right now.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So I decided to reinstall this having played a little back when it came out in EU and have basically no idea what to do. I apparently have 283 mythril after doing the free 50 mythril pot thing (and 1000 gems somehow) so I assume I should pull for something but idk what.
I only have Tyro, Cyan, Cloud, Rydia, Vanille, Kain, Wakka, Firion, Barret and Snow in my party (and white and black mage but I assume they're irrelevent).

I also assume I should do some realm dungeons as I only have 36 stamina.

I remember that I quit because my inventory got full of weapons, armour and upgrade mats, and I couldn't be arsed clearing it up, but they seem to have separated those out?

Also just noticed I apparently have some soul break for Tyro called celebration grimoire, I don't know if this is any good. I also have 3 souls of heroes so I guess if I get any good relics I can immediately buy the person to use them.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 26, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I have a weird problem in that now I have everything I used to RW so now I dont know what the hell to RW

Also my A team is like 8 heroes.

A good problem I suppose...

It's a great problem. The flexibility is very liberating.

I'll still RW stuff I have native just so I'm not shoehorned into bringing the same dude to every fight.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Pretty sure the ??? fight is literally impossible right now, since you're supposed to do it with a bunch of different realm synergies. Apparently there was already supposed to be synergy for cores, and the gauntlet was supposed to open more when you finished it, but those seem to be bugged right now.

Synergy is working now. And at least one dude has done it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Synergy is working now. And at least one dude has done it.

Ah, good to know. I don't think I'm going to be trying it until I've finished all the lead-up dungeons - it sounds like people were planning on doing Day 1 clears, but that you basically had to be a massive whale in order to make that work.

ActionZero posted:

So I decided to reinstall this having played a little back when it came out in EU and have basically no idea what to do. I apparently have 283 mythril after doing the free 50 mythril pot thing (and 1000 gems somehow) so I assume I should pull for something but idk what.
I only have Tyro, Cyan, Cloud, Rydia, Vanille, Kain, Wakka, Firion, Barret and Snow in my party (and white and black mage but I assume they're irrelevent).

I also assume I should do some realm dungeons as I only have 36 stamina.

I remember that I quit because my inventory got full of weapons, armour and upgrade mats, and I couldn't be arsed clearing it up, but they seem to have separated those out?

Also just noticed I apparently have some soul break for Tyro called celebration grimoire, I don't know if this is any good.

There's a banner that's up right now (2nd Anniversary Draw Phase 1) that has some great stuff on there, if you don't have any of the relics on it it's definitely worth a pull or two. Hell, I did 3 pulls and I had a few dupes.

Banner 3 is good too, but that doesn't drop until the 29th, and it's probably not as attractive for you if you're just coming back, since it's more geared towards building a mage team (which requires a ton of orbs for ability hones). Still, if you think you might want to go that route eventually, tossing 1 pull at it might not be a bad idea, since it has two of the best mage BSBs in the game and Sheepsong, which boosts your entire team's magic. The downside is that the OSBs on that banner are pretty terrible compared to others.

Finally, Banner 4 is also super good. It shows up on the 31st and has a bit of a grab bag of great stuff: the best physical OSB in the game currently, a great Holy BSB, a very good healing BSB, and one of the top mage BSBs.

Your stamina is low, but this is pretty much the best possible time for that, since all the dungeons are currently half-cost right now. You can basically just keep chain-refreshing your stamina for the entire event, which will also give you a ton of mythril.

tldr: I'd probably pull at least once or twice on the phase 1 and phase 4 banners, maaaaybe phase 3 if you want to build a mage team eventually.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

UHD posted:

It's a great problem. The flexibility is very liberating.

I'll still RW stuff I have native just so I'm not shoehorned into bringing the same dude to every fight.

Bringing Vanille's BSB as a RW is great for pinch healing situations, ive discovered

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I made a thing.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Cattail Prophet posted:

Shadowlord trip report: ... Honestly this fight might be easier to do solo.
I did U+ earlier solo and didn't have too much trouble. I even used Tiny Bee RW because it was pointed out on Discord that NAT attacks bypass Shadow Lord's barriers!

Apoc has too much HP for me to grind through myself. Wall would fade not that long after the first physical barrier went up. Maybe if I had Orlandu OSB to go with his BSB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

I made a thing.

That's not an 8-star :colbert:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So the last stage of nemesis is just a Gil farm? or is it one time only

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

I made a thing.

Nihilarian posted:

That's not an 8-star :colbert:

DOOO ITTTT...

Got nothing but dupes on my Players Choice pulls :suicide:

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
So I pulled two of Braska's High Summoners Robe (X) on the first banner (and a dupe maria bsb). I thought the robes were duds at first, but not only do they have +holy on them, but that SSB looks like it could be one of the better faithgas: Mag Up (Moderate), Major Regen, and Quick Cast 3. Coupled with OK's bsb, this could be devastating on a mage team.

I feel like I have everything now.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

So is there any sort of spreadsheet template I can use to easily keep track of the poo poo I have? My last search came up with a couple from reddit, but they were unmaintained and were grossly out of date. I just discovered that I could sort relics by unmastered soul breaks, which was an enormous help getting those mastered over the last couple weeks.

Record Materia sorting really needs a major overhaul.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Pyroclastic posted:

So is there any sort of spreadsheet template I can use to easily keep track of the poo poo I have? My last search came up with a couple from reddit, but they were unmaintained and were grossly out of date. I just discovered that I could sort relics by unmastered soul breaks, which was an enormous help getting those mastered over the last couple weeks.
https://www.ffrkcentral.com has a sync feature that grabs info straight from your game. Make an account then follow the instructions.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/eeze is mine if you want to see what the profile page looks like

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nill posted:

DOOO ITTTT...

Got nothing but dupes on my Players Choice pulls :suicide:

Oh well poo poo I guess I have a new goal!

I'm sure I'll get another one soon.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MarcusSA posted:

You don't need another one for 8*, just a dark matter (we got one for free recently!), a 7* item, and a whole boatload of Gil.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Like CaptainPsyko said, you just need a dark matter, not another Wizer Rod. Go to Upgrades & Inventory and click the option under "Upgrade Equipment"

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also as long as we're showing off the results of ill advised players choice pulls:

:getin:

If my math is right, if I switch to nightmare synergy and switch to a higher Mag hat for Terra, and finish out her record dive, it'd put her at 799 MAG. :argh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

You don't need another one for 8*, just a dark matter (we got one for free recently!), a 7* item, and a whole boatload of Gil.

Oh yeah I forgot about that! (I haven't been playing much recently).

Ok that's better.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 26, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, I thought Seraphic Ray was good just once. And yesterday I vaguely remembered something I'd heard about Imperil. Yeah, it's even better when you start stacking it. Even then I only stacked it once. IT goes up to three, right?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I finally combined the three Kogarasumaru I've had for ages after pulling my second Orichalcum Dirk, since they have the same power as the Koga and can be used by anyone. Now I have a Katana that Sephiroth can use anywhere, provided I want to bring Sephiroth anywhere :v:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that! (I haven't been playing much recently).

Ok that's better.

Now please lock that item, I'm literally dying here trying to tap that screenshot myself.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nill posted:

Now please lock that item, I'm literally dying here trying to tap that screenshot myself.

Yeah I should probably do that. I've got like 20 something BSBs and none of them are locked.

Also I thought you could expand your inventory to 1000? I'm at 500 and it says it's maxed out.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Started playing this game a few weeks back and having fun so far. I've been eyeing the anniversary relic draws with my 74 mythril. I should be able to get up to 100 for two draws and thought I'd do double pull on phase 4 because it has the most amount of 6* overstrike weapons available. Mistake?

My team is:
Firion with Weaponsmaster burst
Terra with Blood Sword overstrike
Lightning with Lightning Strike super and Focused Bolts burst (and Smite unique I guess but it kinda blows)
Celes with Indomitable Blade
Emperor with Prison of Sorrow

I somehow pulled a lot of healing poo poo but the content I'm at doesn't seem to require that much healing. I have Word of Kindess Super for Arc, Asylum burst for Y'shtola, Intercession super for Penelo, Dreamstage super for Selphie and Sync for Porom. I don't have any of them but got a spare soul to pick up one when needed.

Other stuff I have are Lion's Roar burst for Squall, Shout super for Ramza, Knight's Honor burst for Steiner, Gilgamesh morphing time burst for Gilgamesh and Dark Knight's Charge burst for Leon. I don't have those guys either.

So, double pull on phase 4 for a heavy hitter and a good stat stick?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

By the sound of things you've pretty much already reached the point where you can pull less based on the content of the banner and more because you like the characters on it. You should get Ramza and Y'shtola, Shout and Asylum are very very strong SBs. Beyond pulling because you like who's on the banner, just try to think about what you're missing on your team, or what kind of teams you'd like to build, and strategize your spending accordingly. Just having a ton of OSBs on your team isn't gonna do you any good most of the time, you need buffs and support abilities too.

E: Also I decided the Ultros banner was probably better for me than any of the Anniversary banners, spent 100 myth on it, got a Blood Sword, then both OK SBs, hell loving yes.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 26, 2017

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

McDragon posted:

Ha, I thought Seraphic Ray was good just once. And yesterday I vaguely remembered something I'd heard about Imperil. Yeah, it's even better when you start stacking it. Even then I only stacked it once. IT goes up to three, right?

Yep. If I can get that lined up with Divine Ruinatuon, it turns Agrias into perma-burst mode on top of making Thunder God even more of a gently caress You button.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
So my initial impression on pulling Tyro's USB was that it was nice but not impressive. I just ran through the high end FFII event battles though and I've had to revise my opinion of it. It's actually pretty freaking amazing, especially in battles like the black knight gauntlet where there are so many attacks coming in that you can use it every fourth or fifth turn. This is the first solo apocalypse fight I've beaten and I can't imagine doing it without Tyro's USB.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Crazy Larry posted:

So my initial impression on pulling Tyro's USB was that it was nice but not impressive. I just ran through the high end FFII event battles though and I've had to revise my opinion of it. It's actually pretty freaking amazing, especially in battles like the black knight gauntlet where there are so many attacks coming in that you can use it every fourth or fifth turn. This is the first solo apocalypse fight I've beaten and I can't imagine doing it without Tyro's USB.

Well that's good to hear, I pulled it too and it looked a little underwhelming at first glance. I think my biggest issue is that it's competing with Vanille with her BSB, and Yshtola with Wall and her BSB, and I'm not sure Tyro's USB is good enough to pass over either of those. The only other option is running Tyro as support or on RW duty and having a seperate healer, but that seems like it might put my DPS in the shitter.

It's kinda weird, I feel like I have so many options now that I don't know what to do half the time.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

It's kinda weird, I feel like I have so many options now that I don't know what to do half the time.

Welcome to first world problems, FFRK edition. The solution is to just start building teams that make sense for the right at hand. Status effects flying around? PAGING DR. TYRO. Spiky AOE damage with lulls? Vanille is your gal. Need tons of healing, but it's a little more predictable, especially if damage is low early on? Y'shtola is amazing especially when she can prime the pump with a few rounds of wrath spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Well that's good to hear, I pulled it too and it looked a little underwhelming at first glance. I think my biggest issue is that it's competing with Vanille with her BSB, and Yshtola with Wall and her BSB, and I'm not sure Tyro's USB is good enough to pass over either of those. The only other option is running Tyro as support or on RW duty and having a seperate healer, but that seems like it might put my DPS in the shitter.

I used him as a support in my party and feel pretty comfortable with that. I brought Wall as my RW for the fights I've done it in and found it pretty nice to be able to chain his USB>Wall>Full/Multi Break to start a fight and then Lifesiphon up another SB bar. It actually works really well with Yshtola's BSB I"ve found - the HP stock can help cover the cast time on her BSB and then it combined with the stoneskin give you a good 3-4k damage buffer on all of your characters. That's without even getting into the status effect barrier. Tyro completely negated the danger of the phase change dispel>slow on the U++ Emperor fight thanks to that and the hastega.

• Locked thread