Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Jack Gladney posted:

Take a chill for a while. Your posting's been good and fun here for a long time. Don't ruin things now.

ok fine, the fact you said something nice about me makes me feel a bit better about my attitude lately, even though i poo poo it all up just now. and the funny thing is i agree with the point yardbird said, i just got sadbrains and got all insane about 3 month old forum drama.

i will take a six'er for this shity derail.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

20 people will not buy a game in the name of genocidal ideals, that will show them seejews who is smart.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 26, 2017

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Takoluka posted:

what is going on in your mind and in your life that is making you act this way

you want to know? we have loving nazis in the white house that was oput in by Russians, one of the favorite media format is being taken over by the alt right, and i can't even watch the news without screeming at the tv wanting to kill conservative as terror threats. the only thing keeping everything from not breaking my mind is the fact i have a very loving family. and i feel we have no one to stop this poo poo.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 26, 2017

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Lmao. This thread needs to add a "Cyron overreacted and flipped their poo poo for some reason, comes back with their tail behind their legs and tries to fit in for a couple of weeks" counter to the tittle. I do have a soft spot for Cyron because they write exactly like my younger brother, but it also makes me extra sad because it makes me want to call him to be sure that he's not the one having a mental breakdown

Also, sadbrains solidarity dude but step away from the thread and chill out until you forget the derail.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

yyyyeah Cyron you've flipped your poo poo here and need to look into seriously curtailing your exposure to political stuff. You don't have to disengage entirely, but definitely back off a lot on your media and social sites exposure. If you have the sadbrains, it's really a much healthier option to dial it back and maybe get some nonpolitical hobbies.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cyron posted:

you want to know? we have loving nazis in the white house that was oput in by Russians, one of the favorite media format is being taken over by the alt right, and i can't even watch the news without screeming at the tv wanting to kill conservative as terror threats. the only thing keeping everything from not breaking my mind is the fact i have a very loving family. and i feel we have no one to stop this poo poo.

the gently caress does politics have to do with calling people childfuckers you enormous imbecile.

you don't get to just say 'i'm stressed about a thing' as an excuse to say poo poo like the garbage you posted. get the gently caress out.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

In non derail news, finally got to watch the livestream from yesterday, and man that was good. Lurking critics, I hope y'all form a streaming superteam and spend hours shooting the poo poo about stuff. I will watch them all.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But Rantasmo needs to be on the team too. He was in the chat.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I really can't wait to see future livestreams these guys do, if what Lindsey was talking about comes true. Topics like the one discussed never really get brought up... anywhere, and it was incredibly entertaining to listen to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This thread continues to be the single greatest non-D&D advertisement for the Ignore List feature currently on the forums, and for that, we thank it :allears:

Also yeah, I also hope that this Stream Dream Team thing continues as well, it was nice to everyone together and having a positive debate on matters related to their craft.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SteelMentor posted:

I really can't wait to see future livestreams these guys do, if what Lindsey was talking about comes true. Topics like the one discussed never really get brought up... anywhere, and it was incredibly entertaining to listen to.

It's really interesting to see this kind of introspection. This reminds me of a longer interview with Ellis, on Shut Up and Talk, where similar themes were explored:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAvSjTiZYkI

Also, just recently, Christopher Franklin (Errant Signal), reviewing THOTH while trying to consider why he normally doesn't analyze mechanics-focused games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6p_5d6Xlk

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Puppy Time posted:

yyyyeah Cyron you've flipped your poo poo here and need to look into seriously curtailing your exposure to political stuff. You don't have to disengage entirely, but definitely back off a lot on your media and social sites exposure. If you have the sadbrains, it's really a much healthier option to dial it back and maybe get some nonpolitical hobbies.

What would you deem as non-political hobbies?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bakeneko posted:

Wow, yeah I’m definitely not going to waste any more brain cells on someone who calls himself a fan of that guy.

Could have fooled me.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Annointed posted:

Could have fooled me.

The video you linked was the first one of his I'd ever seen. I wasn't aware at that point that he had a history of attacking so-called SJWs or sucking up to Milo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
drawing is a good hobby

and poor Kyle, I'm sure the only reason that his most popular video was a star wars recut was just because people just really like star wars. Like if anyone in the group made a star wars video, it would probably be their most popular too.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've just written an article called "JonTron Should Be Hanged on a Street-light and Left There Forever".

If anyone doesn't publish this they're violating my free speech, and if anyone disagrees with this then they are politically correct and also humourless because its actually ironic.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

drawing is a good hobby

and poor Kyle, I'm sure the only reason that his most popular video was a star wars recut was just because people just really like star wars. Like if anyone in the group made a star wars video, it would probably be their most popular too.

I can confirm that. Of all the LPs I've done, Shadows of the Empire remains the most popular purely because it's a Star Wars game, never mind the fact that it was the first thing I'd ever done, my partner and I really had no idea what we were doing production-wise and kind of learned on the job as we fumbled through it, and its quality doesn't really stack up compared to my recent work. But everyone loves Star Wars, so what can you do?

So yeah, I can relate to that point.

E: I am proud though that I helped make Dash Rendar into an LP subforum meme. So you can't take that away from me.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 26, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tired Moritz posted:

drawing is a good hobby

On that note, Game Grumps have started a new series called Doodle Doods, where Arin, Ross and Chris O'Neil do one minute sketches without references. The results are amazing. Plus it's great to see the guys get back to their old newgrounds habits. I miss Chris's psychotic animation style.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kyle's Star Wars video is beautiful and meticulously constructed too, though. It's no mark against him that it catches a lot of attention.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nine-gear crow posted:

I can confirm that. Of all the LPs I've done, Shadows of the Empire remains the most popular purely because it's a Star Wars game, never mind the fact that it was the first thing I'd ever done, my partner and I really had no idea what we were doing production-wise and kind of learned on the job as we fumbled through it, and its quality doesn't really stack up compared to my recent work. But everyone loves Star Wars, so what can you do?

So yeah, I can relate to that point.

E: I am proud though that I helped make Dash Rendar into an LP subforum meme. So you can't take that away from me.

i struggle to think of a game that aged worse than shadows of the empire. i reall really loved it back in the day but it is unfuckinplayable to me now.

like most ps1 and n64 games aged bad, but that's one that time was especially unkind to even in comparison to the others.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

SteelMentor posted:

Yeah, I would love a Chez Apocalypse 2.0 if Lindsey ever gets the chance.

Also, Cyron. Try unplugging from politics and the news for a bit. Might I suggest getting into The Adventure Zone by The McElroy Brothers? Listening to that really helped me in the weeks after the election. Also, who was defending Pedos here?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, Cyron. Try unplugging from politics and the news for a bit. Might I suggest getting into The Adventure Zone by The McElroy Brothers? Listening to that really helped me in the weeks after the election. Also, who was defending Pedos here?

I don't believe anyone was. The dude was just in a bad way and wanted to lash out.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Speaking of cool things to watch to distract from the crushing depression of this nightmare future, Kyle's released a new video about what looks to be an amazing trainwreck of a film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qGs7vQs20

Super interested to see where he's going with this kinda sorta series looking at Kabbalah.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

drawing is a good hobby

That one's such an outlier in terms of hitting all the right "sharability" marks.

• Timely
• Popular subject
• Fantastic conceit/gimmick
• Erudite, but accessible by virtue of being about something absurdly popular

This is praise, not criticism, by the way.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I can say this the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies are good and I'm still surprised that Jason didn't show up in either of them.

E: Oh and Snatch is good

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 27, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

I can say this the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies are good and I'm still surprised that Jason didn't show up in either of them.

E: Oh and Snatch is good

Guy Ritchie needs to drop all his other bullshit projects and finish The Real RocknRolla already before Gerard Butler, Tom Hardy and Mark Strong get too old for it.

Also, hi Dan! :buddy:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Max Wilco posted:

What would you deem as non-political hobbies?

P. much anything that doesn't involve a direct line to current political events? I would've assumed that would be clear from context, unless you're trying to spring a "the personal is political and escapism is a political choice too!" thing here.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

BigRed0427 posted:

Speaking of Chez Apocalypse, I accidentally clicked on a bookmark I had for the site and was surprised it was up.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Bakeneko posted:

number of customers that had decided to cancel their prerders.

media iznt racist it's FrEE MARKET and white peopel buy the most games not cuck sgeew bullying game companies with IDENTITY POLITICS! The free market is everything! maybe when people speak with theier wallet teh invisible hand will listen.

(literal actual customers vote with their wallet)

SENSORSHIPS!!!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's because people don't understand that editing is not censorship. jim loving sterling, son explained this poo poo better than i could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPXObE7SUc

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

Speaking of Chez Apocalypse, I accidentally clicked on a bookmark I had for the site and was surprised it was up.

I noticed that a couple weeks ago. My RSS feed for it came to life, but no new content. Don't know if that means someone's working on the site, or if it's just a mistake on the hosts .htaccess.

I shot a tweet to Lindsay, but I never know if tweet-mentions get delivered or not.

Just saying-- in case anyone's lurking who may or may not be associated with and/or own Chez...

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looking at the old Chez site reminded me, did Nella ever finish reading through Tiger's Curse?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Puppy Time posted:

P. much anything that doesn't involve a direct line to current political events? I would've assumed that would be clear from context, unless you're trying to spring a "the personal is political and escapism is a political choice too!" thing here.

I'm trying to learn to draw and I can't do it too well, so I practice easy things namely eyes lately. As I sit down and try drawing the outline of the eye, the iris and the pupil, I just think of the political ramifications of Iran's nuclear program, Russian intervention in Ukraine and the repeal of Obamacare. You guys don't do that with literally everything?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Welp, that was a shortlived subscription to Sidalpha. Popped in my suggested videos with stuff supporting Jim Sterling's Fur Fun thing and that seemed cool.

But lmao Sidalpha: The Assassination of Jontron by the Coward Playtonic

gently caress this Nazi apologist.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 27, 2017

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

SteelMentor posted:

Speaking of cool things to watch to distract from the crushing depression of this nightmare future, Kyle's released a new video about what looks to be an amazing trainwreck of a film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qGs7vQs20

Super interested to see where he's going with this kinda sorta series looking at Kabbalah.

After knowing about him for seven(?) years this is the first time I watched Brows Held High- good stuff! I think a hatewatch of Revolver would go down good for me since I'm one of those guys that just loves Kabbalah symbolism (you know, an Eva fan)

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Puppy Time posted:

I wasn't necessarily trying to, but there have been multiple times here in the thread where people have stressed the idea that all works are political. That's not something I wholly agree with, and perhaps I take that too literally, but it's the reason I asked.

To put it another way, I'd consider playing video games or reading books as hobbies, but with that logic in mind, I could say, "I've been reading [insert book name here]," and it might prompt someone to speak up about it and it would end up transitioning into a political debate.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

Looking at the old Chez site reminded me, did Nella ever finish reading through Tiger's Curse?

You don't finish Tiger's Curse.

Tiger's Curse finishes you.

Thoughts and prayers for Nella's family and loved ones.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's funny you mention that because I had to do a short paper for a digital media class on the difference between crowdfunding and crowdsourcing and one of the examples I used for crowdsourcing was 50 Shades of Green, which was just winding down at the time. So I had to cite Lindsay and Nella by name in what was technically an academic paper.

The prime example I cited for crowdfunding was Star Citizen, which at the time still had the veneer of being a legitimate project and not just a joke Chris Roberts used to bilk a new house out the Internet with :v:

So Lindsay, Nella, thank you both for helping me attain an over all B- in that one class.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Cyron posted:

ok fine, the fact you said something nice about me makes me feel a bit better about my attitude lately, even though i poo poo it all up just now. and the funny thing is i agree with the point yardbird said, i just got sadbrains and got all insane about 3 month old forum drama.

i will take a six'er for this shity derail.

Normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Max Wilco posted:

I wasn't necessarily trying to, but there have been multiple times here in the thread where people have stressed the idea that all works are political. That's not something I wholly agree with, and perhaps I take that too literally, but it's the reason I asked.

To put it another way, I'd consider playing video games or reading books as hobbies, but with that logic in mind, I could say, "I've been reading [insert book name here]," and it might prompt someone to speak up about it and it would end up transitioning into a political debate.

If you’re the kind of person who is motivated by conflict, then finding politics in art is a good way to live your life. If you aren’t that kind of person, then I recommend occasionally ignoring political context for your own sanity.

• Locked thread