Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Raged posted:

U-Wing. Almost bought one when I made my first big purchase, so glad I swapped it for Imp Vets when I picked up my order.

Has the​ U-wing been badly received? I don't have one but I've made a few lists with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I have only ever seen one played casually and have never seen one in a tournament I have been to. It does come with some interesting cards though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I want to try out a Bhodi/Shara/Norra list but they're just expensive enough that you can't load out all three

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I only saw them at release but the meta in southern Indiana is super weird so :shrug:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has the​ U-wing been badly received? I don't have one but I've made a few lists with them.

It's a lambda shuttle but with nothing interesting to put on it. The 0-K maneuver is interesting in theory but doesn't actually do much.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The 0-K is fun, but pretty awkward to set up. I do want to try running a list with Daredevil, Hera, and Advanced Sensors on Cassian sometime, as it would allow you to pull the 0-K without having to flip the title the turn beforehand, but at 34 points (38 with EU to avoid killing yourself with Daredevil), it's a very expensive gimmick.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I added the U-wing to "cool ships we could've had instead of the K-wing that's sitting in the box instead of showing off all its painted glory on the table at high-level competitive events." :mad: The ship's look owns.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

U-wings are just big based B-wings. They're not good for the same reason. When or if super efficiency/low PS ever becomes a thing again they might see play. As it is therea no rebel crew good enough to justify taking it as a support ship.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Panzeh posted:

I think sabine bombs may be a bit too punishing to aces atm.

She is. She's the reason why Soontir is so difficult to field at the moment.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's a rebel Lambda but Rebels don't have any crew that make it worth bringing a Lambda, and it doesn't have the dial to do actual dogfighting.

Spamming four of them with FCS might be a workable list but I doubt it.

Chill la Chill posted:

I added the U-wing to "cool ships we could've had instead of the K-wing that's sitting in the box instead of showing off all its painted glory on the table at high-level competitive events." :mad: The ship's look owns.
I know right. The K Wing is so bad.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 26, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
So I'm actually getting some success with this list (presently 6-0, decidedly not tournament level). Any thoughts on making it better?

100 points
RAC - Vader, Adaptability
Whispher - advanced cloaking device, veteran instincts, fire control systems
Academy Pilot

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Dump the AP, tool up RAC with Engine Upgrade, Gunner, VI. RAC is an arc dodger.

I'm having hella fun with OL again now - running him alongside Quickdraw and Backdraft both with FCS and Targetting Synchroniser. Shared TL is GOOD.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm having hella fun with OL again now - running him alongside Quickdraw and Backdraft both with FCS and Targetting Synchroniser. Shared TL is GOOD.

Do the shared TLs trigger OL's ability? Or do they just open up more opportunities for modified attacks?

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

So I'm thinking of running this list at my local store League later today. I've been playing a lot of K and Y lists but kind of want to fly something a little more hands on.

E-Wing: •Corran Horn (44)
Juke (2)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
•R2-D2 (4)

T-70 X-Wing: •"Snap" Wexley (35)
Push the Limit (3)
•BB-8 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)

Z-95 Headhunter: •Lieutenant Blount (21)
Wired (1)
Adv. Homing Missiles (3)

Total: 100/100

Hopefully it won't get blown away too quickly!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Do the shared TLs trigger OL's ability? Or do they just open up more opportunities for modified attacks?

From what I've seen, it only applies to ordnance that requires a target lock to fire. Doesn't give re-rolls, or trip the pilot abilities of OA/OL.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

I reworked that TIE Defender/Defender Arcade marquee and turned it into a t-shirt graphic and threw it up on my TeePublic store.

Plan to get one printed and sent out before I bring D's to the next local tournament. :dance:

Oh god I should have never found your store because I want that NARC shirt and the Defender. You're doing the Lord's work.

tatertot
Aug 29, 2003

Icon Of Sin posted:

From what I've seen, it only applies to ordnance that requires a target lock to fire. Doesn't give re-rolls, or trip the pilot abilities of OA/OL.

You're correct about it not interacting with OL's ability but target synchronizer does allow other ships to spend your target lock to reroll attack dice. Pg 22 of the FAQ

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Napoleon Nelson posted:

The latter. But having rerolls on most attacks from BD and QD's Synchronisers is really neat.

tatertot
Aug 29, 2003

thespaceinvader posted:

The latter. But having rerolls on most attacks from BD and QD's Synchronisers is really neat.

What EPT do you put on Quickdraw?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
When you guys build lists, how do you proceed?
Thinking about what questions it asks then how it answers common questions? How interdependent do you build ships?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The real pro move is to use Major Stridan with systems operator and targeting sync to allow OL to take a target lock, TL the target himself, OL focuses, and with a banked evade gets to renew a target lock and fire at the target with rerollable dice every turn. :mrgw:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Iceclaw posted:

Thinking about what questions it asks then how it answers common questions? How interdependent do you build ships?

Independent ships that are fine on their own but with some slight synergy with other ships. This game is the almost the polar opposite of games like Warmachine and Infinity, which use the concept of linked/combo teams to win the game.

e: I also choose ships that look interesting to paint and look flashy on the table. Big ships are much better for that.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 26, 2017

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

tatertot posted:

What EPT do you put on Quickdraw?

Draw Their Fire, but I've not got the tactics right yet.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Iceclaw posted:

I usually start with a trick I want to try out or a combination of ships I want to use.

Then ask how it deals with the big meta lists.

Then ask is it fun, and develop the questions it answers by playing it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I start with X-wings, then figure out how to get the most value out of the points as I possibly can because they need every tiny bit to be competitive. This manifested itself most recently in the form of a Sympathizer with HotCop and Rey (high HP, primary weapon turret, action economy) that helps cover their weaknesses, and in doing so let me optimize the X-wings I did have to survive high alpha.

Basically I'm playing Rebel Efficiency, which hasn't been en vogue since wave 3. :v: it definitely helps that it got nerfed precisely gently caress all in the new FAQ, so it's only getting better.

But it always starts with X-wings.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I have the itch to get my Rebel on lately.

Is there a competitive Dash and Miranda build I can put together if I don't have the Ghost expansion?

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh god I should have never found your store because I want that NARC shirt and the Defender. You're doing the Lord's work.

Hey! Thanks! Was that you who snagged up Project Narc, TIE/D Defender, Metal Gear T and a couple of Sierra shirts in one order? If so, I hope you dig your new threads!

If it wasn't you, just wait for a sale! Don't worry about missing the sale that's on right now. Site-wide sales happen pretty often on teepub.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AndyElusive posted:

Is there a competitive Dash and Miranda build I can put together if I don't have the Ghost expansion?

Hey! Thanks! Was that you who snagged up Project Narc, TIE/D Defender, Metal Gear T and a couple of Sierra shirts in one order? If so, I hope you dig your new threads!

If it wasn't you, just wait for a sale! Don't worry about missing the sale that's on right now. Site-wide sales happen pretty often on teepub.

Lone Wolf/Rey/HLC/Outrider Dash. Engine if you have points.

Miranda with TLT, Sabine, your choice of bombs, advanced slam, extra munitions, homing missile if you have points

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

AndyElusive posted:

That was me. There was a sale on with a countdown, and I was played like a fiddle. Also, :canada: represent.

If you ever make some better Quest for Glory designs, or some old school Wing Commander or MechWarrior shirts, please, don't tell me.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ConfusedUs posted:

Lone Wolf/Rey/HLC/Outrider Dash. Engine if you have points.

Miranda with TLT, Sabine, your choice of bombs, advanced slam, extra munitions, homing missile if you have points

Sabine is in the ghost tho.

So, maybe something different?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sabine is in the ghost tho.

So, maybe something different?

Ooops

So do regular PTL dash with TLT homing missile Miranda.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

Some guy brought six naked HWKs (yes, no upgrades) to the Saturday Hangar Bay and almost won his game against a RAC/Vader list. RAC got melted quickly by the HWKs' one die primary weapon attacks leaving Vader to fend for himself. Eventually it came down to a 1 HP Vader against two crippled HWKs. Just as time was called Vader killed one of the HWKs, securing him the win. Had he missed, the two of them would have gone to Final Salvo since it would've been 36 pt Vader against 32 pts worth of HWKs with a 4 pt initiative bid.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That man is a hero

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

I actually just nabbed my two shirts and can't wait. It'll be good to wear while I rock my 50 point Rexler Brath all the way to last place.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

:911:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Haha i walked by that dude and did a double take when i saw his ships. Godspeed hawkman

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Part of me wishes that the HWK should have been either a big base ship or at least had better stats because support ships should always be a thing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ringo Star Get posted:

Part of me wishes that the HWK should have been either a big base ship or at least had better stats because support ships should always be a thing.

FFG really didn't have a good idea of how to make ships good in ways other than just being cost efficient way back when the hwk came out.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Question: What's the interaction with Daredevil and Damaged Engine?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It's a turn maneuver. It's red.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

AndyElusive posted:

Something like this should work fine:

YT-2400: · Dash Rendar (36)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
· Rey (2)
· Outrider (5)
Burnout SLAM (1)

K-Wing: · Miranda Doni (29)
Extra Munitions (2)
Homing Missiles (5)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Ion Bombs (2)
Long Range Scanners (0)
· C-3PO (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You can pretty easily build a 58-pt Kyle Dash and no-bomb Miranda.

Kyle PTL Dash is still good, he just takes more foresight to fly than Kanan PTL Dash.

• Locked thread