Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Cease to Hope posted:

because goku is not yet ready for the first step, where he admits he has a problem

maybe that's what's wrong with rehab programs in the DB universe. everyone puts their faith in a higher power, but the gods are completely inept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

graham cracker posted:

maybe that's what's wrong with rehab programs in the DB universe. everyone puts their faith in a higher power, but the gods are completely inept.

Inept, and eating at Bulma's all the time.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Concerning the 28 planets thing, I think we all know it will be never mentioned again and that events will progress that show it is absolutely not the case in the future.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

when has shin ever been right about anything? there's probably 1500x as many sapient-life planets, but he only keeps track of 28

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This is the dude who was so weak he had to potara fuse with his bodyguard to be any sort of credible help to the Z-fighters and even then was too weak even to try jobbing to Buu.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Toriyama knows his fanbase and deliberately dropped that 28 planets factoid to watch them writhe in agony trying to make sense of it.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Yeah, it's just not possible to make any sense of that 28 planets line. Not even as devil's advocate. It makes no sense. There's a a north south east and west kaio. What are they even watching over? Why does Beerus even exist? He basically has nothing to keep in check. There's a galactic patrol. The Saiyan's way of modern life subsisted on the conquering and selling of planets. Freeza had hundreds of planets. Who knows what King Cold owned. It's indefensible.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

khwarezm posted:

Concerning the 28 planets thing, I think we all know it will be never mentioned again and that events will progress that show it is absolutely not the case in the future.

Yeah it's a dumb number but it's also something that's going to be contradicted soon (like if they ever bring up Jaco again?). It's nothing to get angry about autism about.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

sassassin posted:

I know Saiyans are bad people but they still don't punch babies.
Well, on the other hand: they shot their babies at garbage planets in order to depopulate them.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Supreme Kai didn't know about instant transmission, I think it's easy to assume there are planets he doesn't know about.

More importantly, will Bra be able to get in on the Super Saiyan blue bargain sale like Trunks and Goten did with SSj1?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Flubby posted:

Yeah, it's just not possible to make any sense of that 28 planets line. Not even as devil's advocate. It makes no sense. There's a a north south east and west kaio. What are they even watching over? Why does Beerus even exist? He basically has nothing to keep in check. There's a galactic patrol. The Saiyan's way of modern life subsisted on the conquering and selling of planets. Freeza had hundreds of planets. Who knows what King Cold owned. It's indefensible.

Well technically it's 28 inhabited planets, but yeah that number doesn't make sense at all. I guess in the future they could spin it as "out of all the original inhabited planets, only 28 still exist and Shin was too incompetent to check if life popped up anywhere else".

We already know the full U7 lineup so it doesn't really matter.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

sassassin posted:

I know Saiyans are bad people but they still don't punch babies.

King Vegeta tried to shiv baby Broly

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
"28 strong planets." That saves a ton of worrying about continuity, keeping the search less complex but not erasing every other bit of canon.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

King Vegeta tried to shiv baby Broly

this is DBZ, the fact that he used a knife instead of a fist is why he didn't die

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The Bee posted:

"28 strong planets." That saves a ton of worrying about continuity, keeping the search less complex but not erasing every other bit of canon.

It's not really phrased that way (if anything Shin explicitly stated he doesn't normally gauge power-levels), but yeah, if you wanted to be generous you'd read it as "planets with sapient life that has fighting potential/is renowned for being home to a warrior race".

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

YF-23 posted:

It's not really phrased that way (if anything Shin explicitly stated he doesn't normally gauge power-levels), but yeah, if you wanted to be generous you'd read it as "planets with sapient life that has fighting potential/is renowned for being home to a warrior race".

Yeah, that's true. I was just trying to think of an easy retcon.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Stop twisting yourselves into knots trying to argue against the show. Following the catastrophe that was Buu, then Frieza, then Buu again, plus Beerus' general cavalier attitude about polishing off worlds for petty reasons, there were (apparently) 36.5 inhabited planets left before he woke up from his nap and blew 8.5 of them up for no good god damned reason. There are now 28 left.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Adder Moray posted:

Stop twisting yourselves into knots trying to argue against the show. Following the catastrophe that was Buu, then Frieza, then Buu again, plus Beerus' general cavalier attitude about polishing off worlds for petty reasons, there were (apparently) 36.5 inhabited planets left before he woke up from his nap and blew 8.5 of them up for no good god damned reason. There are now 28 left.

beerus knows what to do in a situation like this: blame it on the new guy

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
28 planets seems like the kind of thing frieza would say

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

28 planets seems like the kind of thing frieza would say

Maybe that's the solution to every problem in the DB universe. Everyone is really bad at estimating and always lowballs.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe that's the solution to every problem in the DB universe. Everyone is really bad at estimating and always lowballs.

"this magic genie thing will only be a nuisance compared to us... at best!"

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
watching newest dbz kai, i'm realizing something that the anime doesn't spell out but is really interesting: Piccolo conceding, his whole nervousness about Shin... that's the Kami in him. on some level he knows who he is, but Piccolo doesn't want to admit it. He can feel the divine energy. Contrast that to the last time they were at the tournament: Kami and Piccolo were enemies. Now united, they recognize the godly import, that this must be one of the Supreme Kais. And he's just like "god drat, why is the SUPREME KAI loving here?" Kai dub is great. Kami doesn't need to speak at all, he's just... there, always in Piccolo.

edit: I paused to write this literally right before Shin remarks that he's "bound to the guardian of this world".

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 27, 2017

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Adder Moray posted:

It does remove some of Zeno's menace if Beerus, and ostensibly Goku and Vegeta at this point, can wipe out a quarter of a Universe's life in an afternoon. It makes it less "Zeno is so powerful he can destroy the entire multiverse", and more "Zeno is so powerful he can wipe out the entire multiverse in less than a week."

This also cast Goku Black and Zamasu in a far less impressive light. Like, what the gently caress was taking so long? The Zero Ningen plan should have been a weekend project at best for them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

It does remove some of Zeno's menace if Beerus, and ostensibly Goku and Vegeta at this point, can wipe out a quarter of a Universe's life in an afternoon. It makes it less "Zeno is so powerful he can destroy the entire multiverse", and more "Zeno is so powerful he can wipe out the entire multiverse in less than a week."

This also cast Goku Black and Zamasu in a far less impressive light. Like, what the gently caress was taking so long? The Zero Ningen plan should have been a weekend project at best for them.

Bet Black and Zamasu probably did some random testing in the other realms after they killed off the Supreme Kai before hitting Future Universe 7. Plus there probably some more planets that weren't destroyed yet since Future Buu and the revived Frieza never showed up in that timeline.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm waiting for the part where everyone blows up at Goku for being really loving stupid about all of this because I think they're building up to it

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

They just seemed to like hanging out on the back porch of their vacation home. They kind of came off more like a snooty rich couple than the same guy. Sipping tea, talking about their plans.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If they really wanted to kill all mortal life then they could've easily killed Earth without breaking a sweat. It was really more about the hunt for them, they wanted to savor killing people off one by one.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Rutibex posted:

I just wish they would stop fooling around eating food and birthing babies. Every hour they waste with bullshit is 15.2 days of training they are pissing away in the time chamber. Why is Goku flying around to find people? You can teleport! Why aren't they telling the other fighters whats at stake? I'm pretty sure Bulma would be on point and stop fooling around if they told her what was happening.

I hate to break it to you, but Goku isn't very smart :(

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheHan posted:

More importantly, will Bra be able to get in on the Super Saiyan blue bargain sale like Trunks and Goten did with SSj1?

Haven't you seen her hair colour?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Momomo posted:

If they really wanted to kill all mortal life then they could've easily killed Earth without breaking a sweat. It was really more about the hunt for them, they wanted to savor killing people off one by one.

Planet busting is honestly actually pretty drat easy in Dragon Ball when you get down to it, after all if Roshi rather early on could blow up the moon, you wouldn't have to scale up much higher to blow up something the size of Earth, the thing that made Frieza so scary when it came to exploding planets was that he could do it with minimal effort on his part

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

drrockso20 posted:

Planet busting is honestly actually pretty drat easy in Dragon Ball when you get down to it, after all if Roshi rather early on could blow up the moon, you wouldn't have to scale up much higher to blow up something the size of Earth, the thing that made Frieza so scary when it came to exploding planets was that he could do it with minimal effort on his part

Vegeta blows up the bug planet with minimal effort as well and that was with a fraction of the power he gains later in the same story

Everyone can loving blow up planets in DBZ

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

zeno does not destroy things, he erases them. also something i found funny Shin adds namek to the destroyed planet count even though new namek exists.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Zeno can erase the concept of an afterlife.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Goku doesn't even deny being a villain. If he gets to fight a strong guy, sure, he's all in.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Goku is a saiyan who hit his head as a child and he is growing old and more powerful he is INSANE

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Vegeta blows up the bug planet with minimal effort as well and that was with a fraction of the power he gains later in the same story

Everyone can loving blow up planets in DBZ

Bug planet isn't canon. It's possible that Vegeta was never able to blow up planets and even Freeza required the full release of his attack to do so.

I'm not sure if Final Flash or Cells full-strength Kamehameha could do it either, seeing as Vegeta blowing himself up to kill Buu failed.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ok so ask yourself this, if U7 is face value a 28 planet shithole devastated by angry gods pretty much 24/7,

What the gently caress is happening in U9

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Black August posted:

Ok so ask yourself this, if U7 is face value a 28 planet shithole devastated by angry gods pretty much 24/7,

The Trio de Danger were representing Universe 9 as its three surviving residents

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Black August posted:

U9 is down to just Dog World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nessus posted:

Well, on the other hand: they shot their babies at garbage planets in order to depopulate them.

This depopulated the planets instead of the babies so it's fine.

• Locked thread