Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why did Robert Cop 2016 have a hand though like it wasn't attached to any human parts it was just a severed hand it's not like he also kept his dick

Because it would be pretty far-fetched to just have a human head on a robot body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Castor Poe posted:

Because "You can tell a lot about a man by his handshake". Really, that's the reason they came up with.

*edit*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7_vrhrToUI

I am assuming that at some point the idea was that Robocop would use his human hand to shoot Michael Keaton after they used their remote control to shut down his robot parts.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Castor Poe posted:

Because "You can tell a lot about a man by his handshake". Really, that's the reason they came up with.

*edit*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7_vrhrToUI

Jesus christ.
Okay well the actual answer not left on the cutting room floor was that if a human hand is pulling the trigger then it bypasses the international laws against using drones. It was a drone allegory.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought he needed that hand to jerk off

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Your dead hand would get pretty chapped jerking off a robot dick.

Also, if you're more machine than man aren't you technically jerking off someone else and therefore you're a robo homo?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
but it always feels better when someone else does it, he must have the best jerk off seshs

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What does it feel like to cum sparks from your cyber dick and if one hand is robot and one human is that technically a threesome or a solo twosome?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Speaking of dicks, did you guys notice how often they went out of their way to make sure we knew that Stephen Hawking's dick worked in The Theory of Everything? It was at least 3.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
insensitive comments imo. Poor schmuck's probably got a cloaca or something, no body shaming though.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Lavender posted:

Speaking of dicks, did you guys notice how often they went out of their way to make sure we knew that Stephen Hawking's dick worked in The Theory of Everything? It was at least 3.

you mean like, post-wheelchair or pre-wheelchair?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Lavender posted:

I can't imagine wanting to see a film less than theory of everything

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Captain Lavender posted:

Its the only way I would sign off on an autobiography

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

a bone to pick posted:

you mean like, post-wheelchair or pre-wheelchair?

Post.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah it wasn't great. But if you're concerned about Stephen Hawking's dick not working, rest easy.

It does.

Work, I mean. It really, really works.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I didn't want to see it in theaters and then it was HBO go with the stupidest looking cover photo of all time it's just this dumb guy sitting down with this big goofy smile and his eyes closed looking stupid and then you know you'll put it on your to watch list and pick wedding crashers or something for the eighth time instead of this dumb-looking movie

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That movie seems like it existed solely to be able to describe it self as nominated for best picture

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Captain Lavender posted:

It does.

Work, I mean. It really, really works.

HD lovingly shot slow motion erection of Stephen Hawking like something out of Planet Earth as narrated by David Attenborough set to classical music

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eddie Redmayne has such a bizarre career. Two massive oscar bait movies (theory of everything, danish girl) and then you see him hamming it up in Jupiter ascending and that piece of crap Harry Potter thing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Eddie Redmayne has such a bizarre career. Two massive oscar bait movies (theory of everything, danish girl) and then you see him hamming it up in Jupiter ascending and that piece of crap Harry Potter thing

Hah was just about to post that, was going to suggest he get a better agent but I think the fantastic beasts flick made some cash. It was dumb and bad, though.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've watched fantastic beasts about 5 times now with a girl who really loves harry potter

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

priznat posted:

Hah was just about to post that, was going to suggest he get a better agent but I think the fantastic beasts flick made some cash. It was dumb and bad, though.

I ended up watching it cause family wanted to see it. The ending was the most blatant asspull you can imagine. At this point JK Rowling can get away with the shittiest writing and get praised for it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

I've watched fantastic beasts about 5 times now with a girl who really loves harry potter

Did she let you into Diagon Alley?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

vermin posted:

I ended up watching it cause family wanted to see it. The ending was the most blatant asspull you can imagine. At this point JK Rowling can get away with the shittiest writing and get praised for it.

I always thought of her as a cut rate Roald Dahl anyway. Was fantastic beasts another book of hers or was it a film only spinoff? I had thought the latter, it seemed too light on world building details to be based on a book.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

My condolences

My GF is a big HP fan but even she found it bad. The scene were redmayne nearly gets hosed by a horny rhino was too much for me.

Colin Farrel and the evil kids storyline was cool so naturally it was only 5% of the film whereas the rest was Redmayne gurning around like an autistic zookeeper

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am going to watch Ghost in the Shell this Thursday.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Paladinus posted:

Is a female forcing you to do this???

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I just saw CHiPs and thought it was funny. With our tickets I think it's gross is now over $30.00.

naem
May 29, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

She'd better be like super hot because dang son

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladinus posted:

I am going to watch it Wednesday.

I am prepared to die.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

Did she let you into Diagon Alley?

let's just say she made me sound like ezra miller getting blown up by magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwu-4d0Fj2Q&t=82s

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

the rest was Redmayne gurning around like an autistic zookeeper

I wonder if Rowling wrote his character after marathoning the latest Dr Who season or if it was just calculated to be that way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vermin posted:

I wonder if Rowling wrote his character after marathoning the latest Dr Who season or if it was just calculated to be that way

Oh I'm gonna go with 100% calculated.

I remember thinking how it was like Redmayne just saw Matt Smith's Doctor Who and just played that character.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I always thought of her as a cut rate Roald Dahl anyway. Was fantastic beasts another book of hers or was it a film only spinoff? I had thought the latter, it seemed too light on world building details to be based on a book.

It was like a fake almanac about the monsters and poo poo. No characters or anything; all the rest of the movie was built around that thin frame.

I'd rate it as more contrived than basing 3 movies off The Hobbit, but less contrived than basing a movie off the board game Battleship.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ghost in the shell is the latest in sexy women in tight clothes beating up bad guys movies following up from underworld and resident evil. i cant wait to watch it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hemale in pain posted:

ghost in the shell is the latest in sexy women in tight clothes beating up bad guys movies following up from underworld and resident evil. i cant wait to watch it.

Uhm, I expect that she's going to beat guys while not wearing any clothes, actually.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

She's going to be naked, but also invisible. You wont be able to see he boobs any more than you could see the predator's.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wonder how ScarJo will hold up in GITS. I don't think she's a particularly good actor and I never understood why people were clamouring for a Black Widow marvel movie, that character is boring as gently caress.
Her best film was Under the Skin but I think that was a combination of it being a loving excellent film and the fact that she had very little dialogue.

I can't remember the character in GITS at all, I saw it years ago but is the ScarJo character an android? Like will she act non-human? Cos she's not bad at that (I liked her in Her as a robot)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Isn't under the skin the one where she is..... Unclothed

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

I wonder how ScarJo will hold up in GITS. I don't think she's a particularly good actor and I never understood why people were clamouring for a Black Widow marvel movie, that character is boring as gently caress.
Her best film was Under the Skin but I think that was a combination of it being a loving excellent film and the fact that she had very little dialogue.

I can't remember the character in GITS at all, I saw it years ago but is the ScarJo character an android? Like will she act non-human? Cos she's not bad at that (I liked her in Her as a robot)

I would say she'll do pretty well actually considering how robotic her acting is.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

she's a cyborg so still technically a human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Scarlett is washed up. They should cast some hot 23 year old in there. Let Scarlett play Ghost in the Shell's mother.

• Locked thread