Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Sleeper Pimp posted:

What the hell is wrong with the Sharks? I haven't seen them poo poo the bed this bad(outside of the playoffs) in years. I haven't been able to watch every game this season, but is there any specific reason they're just falling apart right now?

I think it's probably a combination of being unlucky right now and DeBoer's system. Sharks have been pretty low scoring all year but it's gotten especially bad these past few games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you're a Blues fan, that OT period against Calgary must have made you loving furious.

I missed most of the OT period, what happened?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wonderllama posted:

I love the Sidney Crosby persecution complex

It's more of a Penguins persecution complex.

glynnenstein posted:

I agree but I think both Crosby and McDavid also have stronger cheerleaders than Ovie or Tavares had.

Yeah, I feel like this will be the difference, not that Crosby or McDavid would be less deserving.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I do all the time. I don't know if he want's it though.

:thurman:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

glynnenstein posted:

I agree but I think both Crosby and McDavid also have stronger cheerleaders than Ovie or Tavares had.

Well on SAS at least there's a fairly large contingent of scumPens fans. And sas has always liked Ovechkin more because his flaw is the occasional dirty hit whereas Sid's flaws include whining, slewfooting, slashing, being marketed by the league, and winning cups.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ginette Reno posted:

Well on SAS at least there's a fairly large contingent of scumPens fans. And sas has always liked Ovechkin more because his flaw is the occasional dirty hit whereas Sid's flaws include whining, slewfooting, slashing, being marketed by the league, and winning cups.

Also Ovi is top 10 ugliest man alive

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

fits posted:

keep the faith

or dont

Gott ist tot.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

RC Cola posted:

Also Ovi is top 10 ugliest man alive

Please, ovechkin isn't even as ugly as Tyler Kennedy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I missed most of the OT period, what happened?

During the last 3 minutes the Flames dominated the puck, the Blues checking attempts sucked and they didn't reach past center ice during that period. Then, with 2.5 seconds left, Sean Monahan tried to feed somebody in front of the net, and it bounced off a Blues player into the net. I felt bad for Jake Allen, he made some nice saves and did everything he could to force the shootout.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I hope Crosby summarily executes Giroux at center ice tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Citizen Tayne posted:

quote:

Paltry Fine

Sidney Crosby has been fined the paltry amount allowed in the CBA as a result of his actions on Claude Giroux. In reviewing this play, we also took into consideration that Sidney Crosby is a superstar.

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

Apr 7, 2003

Sidney Crosby is capable of an obscene gesture that puts someone out for the season on that wheel. nice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's known as Corkscrew 450ing the Bird.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Citizen Tayne posted:

I wish I was somebody instead of a nobody so I could threaten to put you on ignore list for being annoying, and you would change your ways like a heel dude changing into a face dude to please me.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Wouldn't Crosby want to target a good player?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

El Gallinero Gros posted:

During the last 3 minutes the Flames dominated the puck, the Blues checking attempts sucked and they didn't reach past center ice during that period. Then, with 2.5 seconds left, Sean Monahan tried to feed somebody in front of the net, and it bounced off a Blues player into the net. I felt bad for Jake Allen, he made some nice saves and did everything he could to force the shootout.

They also hosed up the few attempts they had earlier and basically refused to even shoot the puck. The Stars OT attempts are the only thing that I've seen that was worse.

Apr 7, 2003

Wonderllama posted:

Wouldn't Crosby want to target a good player?

Not many chances to find one of those when you play the Flyers

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

The blonde No Country For Old Men looking dude? Didn't know they were doing that poo poo last night

There was nothing on the website, no signage at the entrance and I didn't hear anything about it during the game. Just a couple merch tables out on the west concourse with the historical stuff at the end. I sit on the east side so I never would've known about any of it if I hadn't heard the one announcement during Friday's game. Pretty disappointing really, he came all the way out here with some really cool stuff and the organization didn't even seem to put a minimum effort into promoting it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Not many chances to find one of those when you play the Flyers

Let's be fair here, Bernie Parent is often at the hockey games, so that's a good player right there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I hate the fact that the Pens can't beat the Flyers at home and always look like the biggest jobbers in doing so.

I also hate whatever gypsy curse was put on this team this year with the injuries.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Hahah we are still talking about Sidney Crosby's slash? Man, for people who thinks everyone talks about him too much, ya'll talking big yay about the dude.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

I also hate whatever gypsy curse was put on this team this year with the injuries.

Turns out that's the price you have to pay after winning the Stanley Cup last year..

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Ghost Bear ripped a fuckin hole through the space time continuum with that shot

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Penguins are dead. Long live the Penguins.

(Dear god to I hope they're all just possum-ing 'til the playoffs)

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

(Dear god to I hope they're all just possum-ing 'til the playoffs)

The Wild are busy turning that into an art.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The Penguins aren't getting out of the first round if they don't get healthy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

cenotaph posted:

Oh god Torts is going to be so loving smug about that too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh god Torts is going to be so loving smug about that too.

Torts doesn't get to be smug about anything for another couple of years after the world cup disastrophe

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Since the Flyers haven't played him in enough games this season, Jordan Weal will be a group 4 UFA next year

I blame Hakstol's refusal to scratch Vandevelde

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Since the Flyers haven't played him in enough games this season, Jordan Weal will be a group 4 UFA next year

I blame Hakstol's refusal to scratch Vandevelde

Does that mean they aren't going to be able to keep Jordan Weal???? Will this be their worst loss since they let Akeson go?

What's with FAS irrationally liking AHLers.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Tomie knows me posted:

The Wild are busy turning that into an art.

Except they tend to stay dead in the playoffs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Does that mean they aren't going to be able to keep Jordan Weal???? Will this be their worst loss since they let Akeson go?

What's with FAS irrationally liking AHLers.

For the first time in decades the flyers are building through youth instead of free agency, and Weal has come on pretty well in limited minutes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

Turns out that's the price you have to pay after winning the Stanley Cup last year..

The whole CBJ team except Hartnell, Johansen, and Savard died in 2014-15 and all they got the year before were two wins against the Pens in round 1. I feel cheated.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Torts doesn't get to be smug about anything for another couple of years after the world cup disastrophe

Another Jack Adams, a likely Vezina goalie, a potential Calder winner if Matthews and Laine didn't exist this season, and what would be a franchise-first series win against a team he doesn't (and much of the fanbase is rapidly growing to not) like, all with the team he's paid to run which everyone projected to be a last-place trainwreck? Maybe not :smug:-worthy, but I...think that would wash out the flameout in Gary Bettman's Olympic Diversion Cashgrab Tournament.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 27, 2017

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

cenotaph posted:

Remember last year when people were saying the same thing and there were multiple posters here who thought they were going to get swept by the Rangers?

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

a potential Calder winner if Matthews and Laine didn't exist this season

CBJ aren't poo poo anymore, we get it,, you don't have to go to ridiculous lengths at every chance to try to convince everyone that they're not total garbage

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

e- No, I was just making a counterargument to the point that Torts should still be licking his wounds from a tournament I'd actually forgotten existed until the post I quoted reminded me (and, to be fair, it was a trash fire on his and Team USA's part; I was pulling for Young Gunz).

As for my original post, How many of the Pens regulars are expected to be back by the end of the first round? I haven't been keeping track other than Letang being a potentially long-term issue.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 27, 2017

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Jim Benning is going to protect 2 of Brandon Sutter, Luca Sbisa, or Eric Gudbranson, haha

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Remember last year when people were saying the same thing and there were multiple posters here who thought they were going to get swept by the Rangers?

The difference was they looked good last year.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

As for my original post, How many of the Pens regulars are expected to be back by the end of the first round? I haven't been keeping track other than Letang being a potentially long-term issue.

AFAIK there's a good chance we'll see Malkin, Sheary, Hagelin, Hainsey and Daley back for the playoffs. Hopefully Guentzel too but I haven't heard anything about severity of his concussion so who knows. And I don't think anyone has a timetable for Letang.

With today's roster, I don't think there's anyone here that could call the Pens a real contender with a straight face. but with a few more healthy guys then they'll be in pretty good shape. If Letang comes back then they'll repeat, of course

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Penguins only chance is to face Washington in the first round since that's a guaranteed victory no matter the circumstances. That could buy enough time for their other players to get healthy enough for a deep run. Columbus has a much better chance of beating Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

The whole CBJ team except Hartnell, Johansen, and Savard died in 2014-15 and all they got the year before were two wins against the Pens in round 1. I feel cheated.

Another Jack Adams, a likely Vezina goalie, a potential Calder winner if Matthews and Laine didn't exist this season, and what would be a franchise-first series win against a team he doesn't (and much of the fanbase is rapidly growing to not) like, all with the team he's paid to run which everyone projected to be a last-place trainwreck? Maybe not :smug:-worthy, but I...think that would wash out the flameout in Gary Bettman's Olympic Diversion Cashgrab Tournament.

The Jack Adams is for bad coaches.

• Locked thread