Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Tunicate posted:

What does flail max out at?

200. Yeah, I can see why they're reworking that ability. It could probably work, but said ability would have to be on Pokemon that aren't so great offensively or it would be overpowered. It would be kind of a hassle to balance properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Tunicate posted:

What does flail max out at?

200. Flail is a normal version of reversal

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

But before that, poo poo's about to get seriously hosed.

So when are we gonna get the details on brokemon #2?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Vilucard has the highest special attack of every dark-type in Uranium, and even then it still has more attack than special attack.

Dark Pulse is so disappointing for once.

PU-Route9.ogg

As the song's title indicates, this is route 9. It's just a way back to Rochfale and the rest of Tandor. The subway's finally available, too. You know, shouldn't Fly be?

In terms of renaming classes pointlessly, this is even weirder.

Pyromaniacs, prediactly, use fire-types.

Payapa berries reduce super-effective Psychic damage by half, basically negating the super-effective bonus. It's with a few other berries like it for other types. That's actually nice to get! These berries are useful and have interesting applications, if you need them.

Route 9 is mostly a straight line becuase we're here at the daycare, finally!

Oh right TM.

Eshouten is the only Pokemon who has any reason to use this, as every other flier has more special attack than physical or has better moves to use.

Oh thanks. It's a 50% experience multiplier.

The daycare has some thing where one step gives the Pokemon in it one experience point, but the real purpose is that two Pokemon of opposite genders with an egg group in common will get to fuckin' and make a baby.

To that point I put Sexhaver Sr and Lefty in t-

Already? I guess he was serious about being named sexhaver.

Well it'll take some time for the baby to be born, so let's see the new faces for route 9.

We've seen a coupe of these about with NPC trainers, but we finally get one ourself.

Normal/Psychic dude, with a new ability called Soundboost, that boosts sound.

Flager has a 8-to-1 gender ratio, but Beefcake's ability Cute Charm causes wild Pokemon to frequently be female. He's part of a pair with Cheesecake, who causes more dudes to crawl out of the woodwork.

What a li'l cutie. It's a fire/poison thing with Petrify, a new ability that's like Intimidate, but for Speed, so better than Intimidate.

Fire/Poison has some notable resistances like quartering fairy, grass, and bug, and resisting fighting and other fairy Pokemon. Almost enough to make you forget its immense EQ weakness.

My dad named this one.

Comehead is finally important. It's time.

To gently caress.

After all, that Flager is to have a very important baby.

With all the trainers defeated, it's easy to ride back and forth over the long, straight path to rack up enough steps for a baby to hatch, but I have things to do in the meantime.

Like this really nice move to get from a TM. Rock is an important coverage type for a lot of guys, so its low power and imperfect accuracy are easy to forgive.

We've barely passed the threshold for the next reward.

It's the stones for Minicorn's HERO and DARK evolutions.

Let's see what comes out of these eggs!

The egg from the lady in Bealbeach hatches into an amoeba! He's named Gooey!

And Sexhaver Sr's son i-

wait

is he red

Well, uh, I have a shiny.

Let's pawn him on the GTS for a starter!

Hell, let's pitch this dumb Corsoreef on the GTS!

Comite's final form is a space monster named Astronite! That's one way to handle a trade evolution.

Astronite is weird, Technician with Ancient Power and Ominous Wind is an interesting trick, Nasty Plot/Earth Power/Hidden Power/Recover/Moonblast is plenty of stuff with which to work.

But this goober has Sturdy! How useless!

The Tinkerer is a great idea - using items to replicate HM functions - executed obnoxiously.

Because he only gives you an item when you get the next HM, so because we have Strength he replaces Rock Smash.

Why... have HMs then?

Why? Why why why why why whwyhwhywhyhhywhywhywhehywhyhweyhqergh8a9bna9h nw3489th am9wegm89 ah789wpbm a789pb psd

Oh hey, Flager and Comehead's baby is ready to join the world!

At this point I was sorta confused, because I was pretty sure Flager didn't have blue flames.

Indeed, I have yet another shiny.

Unlike that Barand, though, this lad has a purpose.

Immediately I jam a fire stone down his throat and he evolves into a cheetah-gazelle. Evolving him at level 1 may seem weird but there's a thing:

Ever since Ruby & Sapphire, there's been an NPC that can teach moves from a Pokemon's level-up moves. Thing is, stone evolutions like Inflagetah that have no normal level-up moves have some things at level 1, ostensibly for that purpose.

But this guy is level 1, and he's gonna try to learn every one of his level 1 moves.

Including its big loving deal.

At +2 it'll go in front of +1 things, not that it needs it because it is literally faster than everything.

By the way, Inflagetah has a new ability, Acceleration, that boosts priority move damage by 50%.

You know, up there with Bisharp Sucker Punches and Talonflame's Brave Birds, but with no conditions or drawbacks.

Extreme Speed is another +2 priority move, the official one, good enough for like nearly everything that actually gets it. I don't need it.

After all, Flager has some really hosed up egg moves, and Modrille learns 3 of them in a row. We already know Rock Slide, but...

Defining Pokemon since the first loving second, Earthquake is the most important move in the universe. For Inflagetah it means rock-types and opposing fire-types cannot stop it.

Also it can double its attack whenever it wants.

Say hello to Rocket Man.

Other end of route 9 is that gate that had the three identical cops, so we're back to the rest of Tandor.

This boulder in Route 4 is the way on.

Amatree is so remote it doesn't have power. This is really stupid and serves useful purpose.

One Pokemon in Uranium is normal with Guts, Tanscure. Only real time you'd want Facade instead of Return.

Route 10, the rainforest, is shockingly in perpetual rain.

There are trees with a ton of berries, it's worth picking them. They're the same berries we got as a sample waaaaaaay back when.

Rocket Man (it takes way too long for me to actually go to the name rater) glistens every time he enters battle, because he's my precious shiny Inflagetah.

Base 150 speed. That is far, far faster than everything else in Uranium. It's so fast that it's this loving high with zero investment. Between this and Flame Impact, I can just make it TUFF AND SWOLE.

Route 10 has YET MORE NEW THINGS

Hey it's this thing. Boring mono-bug that evolves into something gently caress'd up.

Something that flies, hence the name.

Level 28 is no big deal, we're already past that on average.

130 base attack with Gale Wings, you know, because Talonflame wasn't a big enough deal with 84. +1 Priority Air Slash with a decent special attack. What about its other moves? STAB U-turn, Knock Off, Drill Run, Dragon Dance, Gunk Shot, Sticky Web, Tailwind, it just has a million moves, gently caress you.

Just, two big mean priority spammers in one update, with way too big movepools.

gently caress.

On that end, a mono-grass monkey that becomes an average fire/grass goober. Just average, hah.

And we can get our own Chicoatl now.

Route 10 courses in and out of a cave. What cave?

OH NO

WE hosed UP

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

omg i love it

also lol at the priority spam you are about to initiate, i really like the 130 attack gale wings bug

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Am I the only one who thinks of the Ragnarok Online dungeon known as Anthell when looking at this game and it's stupid-rear end decision to name their cave dungeon Anthell?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

130 base attack with Gale Wings, you know, because Talonflame wasn't a big enough deal with 84. +1 Priority Air Slash with a decent special attack. What about its other moves? STAB U-turn, Knock Off, Drill Run, Dragon Dance, Gunk Shot, Sticky Web, Tailwind, it just has a million moves, gently caress you.

:catstare: What the hell?

Also that thing is totally the Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Say hello to Rocket Man.

Jesus lord. :catstare:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The actual beast part is just kinda okay, but that is an extremely good snake

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

XavierGenisi posted:

Am I the only one who thinks of the Ragnarok Online dungeon known as Anthell when looking at this game and it's stupid-rear end decision to name their cave dungeon Anthell?

Thank you! I was wondering why that name was familiar. Haven't played RO in years.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also that thing is totally the Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3.
Seriously, it's not even trying to pretend it's not.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

God drat that's not even fair

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there's nothing wrong with cribbing from the cutest beast of destruction imo

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

:eyepop:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anthell very much involves ants and hell, so get hype

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

wow, two shinies and it's in this worthless fan game

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010
Note that zero normal types learn extreme speed, only the fire starter, flager/inflagetah and a worthless (BST 485) electric type learn it.

secondly, Harptera's other ability is Moxie, on a pokemon with 130 attack and 125 speed...

Shiva Asori fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 27, 2017

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I like the day care's egg nest roof/sign. It's cute and adds a nice bit of flavor to it.

Is that a uranium original or part off the pokemon essentials package

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

So did Uranium crank the hell out of the shiny hatch rate, or did you have a really bizarre run of luck?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Shiva Asori posted:

Note that zero normal types learn extreme speed, only the fire starter, flager/inflagetah and a worthless (BST 485) electric type learn it.

:colbert:

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

Pokemon in uranium then.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It's been a while since I've played competitively but hahahahaha, jesus loving christ those stats and those movepools

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

So did Uranium crank the hell out of the shiny hatch rate, or did you have a really bizarre run of luck?

It's 1/1024 in Uranium, and that can be increased by the same methods that exist in the actual games. The chances are still pretty low all things considered.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Linoone only gets it from events. The only other normal type that gets it is Arceus, who is event only period. This is definitely an intentional game balance decision because STAB Extreme Speed is broken as poo poo.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Huh, I wouldn't have been surprised if they amped the shiny rate on hatched pokemon, but if they didn't that's OK.

Is it just me or are most of the designs for the newer mons in this update a little better/more on-style than most of the ones we've seen before in this game?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Two absurdly overpowered Pokemon in one update. :stare:

Also, Chimical looks like a red Moogle to me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I feel like all the Uranium Pokemon we've seen so far fall into at least one of three categories:

- Ugly as sin
- Stupidly overpowered
- Blatant ripoff

Sometimes more than one.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Well, this is certainly an update, and those are certainly movepools. :getin: grats on the shinies, sorry they couldn't have been cool Bagons or something in a real game

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Super strong priority is obnoxious (see talonflame), but at least they put it on pokemon that is naturally fast? Flame Impact is just stupidly overpowered move though, not sure why they created it.

WarpedLichen fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 27, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

XavierGenisi posted:

No, you aren't.

I also hope and pray there's no naked bug girls at the end of this one, or... whatever the hell Phreeoni was. A flat Lickitung?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

With STAB and Acceleration, Flame Impact reaches 146.25 BP. This is almost as strong as a STAB Earthquake.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dr. Fetus posted:

With STAB and Acceleration, Flame Impact reaches 146.25 BP. This is almost as strong as a STAB Earthquake.

A STAB Earthquake with ExtremeSpeed priority, off of something with 100 base Attack.

Also Fire is an incredibly good attacking type (even if it sucks defensively) considering how much coverage it has - only Dragon/Fire/Rock/Water resist it, and of those, only Rock walls ExtremeSpeed too.

What's that? It also has Earthquake and base 150 speed? :unsmigghh:

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010
Worst part is that Inflagetah has a mega form for even more power (145 atk) and speed (175), as if it needed it...

Shiva Asori fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 27, 2017

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Antivehicular posted:

Both. You're 8 times more likely to get a shiny in Uranium,, but that's still something like a 1/1024 chance, so getting two this quickly is astronomically lucky.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Flarger is actually sorta adorable, Inflagetah looks absolutely stupid, and it's mega form somehow looks even stupider.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This monstrosity was originally a starter.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
As someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Gen1, why is Earthquake the most important move in the universe?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

1stGear posted:

As someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Gen1, why is Earthquake the most important move in the universe?

It's powerful, accurate, got a decent offensive type, and it's always been a TM that tons of Pokemon can learn so it's good for type coverage.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

1stGear posted:

It has a base power of 100, and accuracy of 99.96%. That's all it needs to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Ground is also a very good attacking type, as it's super effective against steel(and electric, fire, poison, and rock), and is only resisted or blanked by 3 types.

More importantly, the pokemon that can learn earthquake are usually hurting for a move that's 100% accurate, rock and ground moves are usually hideously inaccurate for some reason.

• Locked thread