Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

beating that first one for zoras domain was like a dark souls boss fight lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i just took the picture and ran away cuz i had 4 hearts, also the first one i saw was an amored one way on the west side of the map by some ruins

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still have no idea how to fight the lynelz with the big clubs and spears

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The first one I encountered was on the midwest side where he's just chilling on a giant plateau and I cheesed it by unloading like 30 bomb arrows into him while strafing his electric arrows from a faraway hill. It was still an epic feeling because I had no idea what it was or what was happening.

Actually the first one I ever actually encountered was when I stumbled into the colosseum early on but immediately decided to run away and never return when I got my rear end whupped.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

mysterious loyall X posted:

lynells have too much hp but don't have a super exploitable weakness like every other enemey including robots and sentinels so they're cool

theyre sper weak to my backflip timings

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there anything in the coliseum besides the lynel? I remember thinking it was unbelievably cool looking but didn't have a payoff

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is there anything in the coliseum besides the lynel? I remember thinking it was unbelievably cool looking but didn't have a payoff

you can grab a full set of elemental weapons off the enemies surrounding the thunderdome

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Oh my god...

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Bill Barber posted:

Oh my god...

This game is everything.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Oh my god...

you should play with the Pro Hud setting

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I murdered a bunch by equipping full barbarian armour and shooting them in the face with their own bows at point blank range. Stasis+ helps a lot, they stay frozen for a really long time compared to other enemies that hard.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

in my heart i wish i'd played the entire game in pro hud but i'm like 80 hours in and still only have 3 divine beasts down. if i played without the map waypoints and poo poo i'd probably never finish this game... is that such a bad thing though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'd like to be able to turn off all the indicators and keep tghe minimap

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i just get hit by them a million times and heal and hit them until they die

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i need to beat this fuckin game so i can watch a speedrun. they're down to like 45 minutes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watching the speedrun kind of upset me because hyrule castle itself heavily arms you and prepares you for everything in it and ganon.

and during the final boss itselfroyal weapons just plop down if you run out of stuff to hit the big bads with..like...okay lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got to the final battle within a couple of hours of starting the game but I didn't know all the dodging mechanics and had missed the really good weapons so it seemed possible but tedious. respect to those guys tho

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just checked my "ability controls" page and there's still one missing... wtf

oh maybe it's just the last divine beast power?? but i don't think the other powers showed up on that page

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GameCube posted:

just checked my "ability controls" page and there's still one missing... wtf

oh maybe it's just the last divine beast power?? but i don't think the other powers showed up on that page

it's jump slash and you have to learn it from a guy in kakariko village for it to show up on the page

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Theres a shitload of enemies with sweet gear in the upper levels

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

it's jump slash and you have to learn it from a guy in kakariko village for it to show up on the page
lol what

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Pro hud needs a compass and some way to tell what rune you have selected (maybe just make the Sheikah slate on Link's model glow with the rune's color or something) and then I'd use it all the time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I actually don't mind not having any minimap, especially when I'm exploring a new area and getting lost usually means finding something new and cool

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the guy practicing sword moves at night gives you the entry for jump slash despite your having almost assuredly done a million jump slashes by then

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

R. Guyovich posted:

ugh. dumb

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I actually don't mind not having any minimap, especially when I'm exploring a new area and getting lost usually means finding something new and cool

Yeah, the game doesn't need a minimap at all. I just want some indicator of which way is north. I know I can look and see where Death Mountain is and figure it out that way, but sometimes you can't see it (just like you can't see your map pins through your scope if there are things in the way). And I guess it makes sense that it's hard to orient yourself in a forest or something but still, I got this magic iPad, it probably has a compass.

Just a little pointer for where north is that replaces the minimap in the pro hud would be awesome

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There were a few times where I opened the map a few times in a row to make sure I was going the right way, but otherwise the game uses landmarks so well that I didn't need a compass. Practice for Splatoon I guess.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Harrow posted:

Yeah, the game doesn't need a minimap at all. I just want some indicator of which way is north. I know I can look and see where Death Mountain is and figure it out that way, but sometimes you can't see it (just like you can't see your map pins through your scope if there are things in the way). And I guess it makes sense that it's hard to orient yourself in a forest or something but still, I got this magic iPad, it probably has a compass.

Just a little pointer for where north is that replaces the minimap in the pro hud would be awesome

the sun rises in the east and sets in the west... and at night you can navigate by the stars, perhaps, i've never tried it but now i'm really wishing i'd used pro mode for the whole game because how freaking epic would that have been. imagine checking out trees to find moss growing on the south side. i don't think they implemented that but what if they did

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GameCube posted:

the sun rises in the east and sets in the west... and at night you can navigate by the stars, perhaps, i've never tried it but now i'm really wishing i'd used pro mode for the whole game because how freaking epic would that have been. imagine checking out trees to find moss growing on the south side. i don't think they implemented that but what if they did

don't worry, you can pro hud the hard mode when it releases

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i pumped almost all my upgrades into stamina and now i find that i can't unlock the master sword without doing a bunch more shrines. i guess i could pay to rebalance and then rebalance back? i was gonna do all the shrines anyway but i want it nyow

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the pro hud is rad. i wish the wii u gamepad had the map tho. and inventory stuff. oh well :capitalism:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Milkman posted:

i pumped almost all my upgrades into stamina and now i find that i can't unlock the master sword without doing a bunch more shrines. i guess i could pay to rebalance and then rebalance back? i was gonna do all the shrines anyway but i want it nyow

You can respec. Go to Hateno Village and look for a demon statue to the west of the village's shrine. It costs I think 20 rupees per to switch between stamina container and heart container.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there no cooking pot in gerudo town??

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Harrow posted:

You can respec. Go to Hateno Village and look for a demon statue to the west of the village's shrine. It costs I think 20 rupees per to switch between stamina container and heart container.

that statue is evil don't talk to it!!!!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
when i found the bad statue i got confused by the way it was worded and wasn't sure if it was taking away two upgrades to move one over. i assumed nintendo wasnt that hardcore but i immediately hard loaded an old save :anime:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

don't worry, you can pro hud the hard mode when it releases

yeah but exploring the whole dang world for the first time without the HUD would have been the proper Pro Move. oh well. it has still been an amazing time

can somebody give me a vague hint about how to solve the shrine in korok forest, it's called "follow the stars" or something like that. like do i have to go look at the stars or is there some clue inside the shrine that i missed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GameCube posted:

yeah but exploring the whole dang world for the first time without the HUD would have been the proper Pro Move. oh well. it has still been an amazing time

can somebody give me a vague hint about how to solve the shrine in korok forest, it's called "follow the stars" or something like that. like do i have to go look at the stars or is there some clue inside the shrine that i missed

Is it the one where there's a wall of constellations on the other side of the gate you need to open? If so, that's the important thing.

Slightly less vague hint: pay attention to how many constellations there are on the wall.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is there no cooking pot in gerudo town??

naw, you gotta ride a sand seal to the little oasis place to cook

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

It's me. I'm the hero of light who couldn't figure out how to ride a sand seal within 3 seconds so I stubbornly walk everywhere in the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there's 2 cooking pots but you have to light them yourself but there's a torch next to it (but you should have lots of fire arrows anyway)

• Locked thread