Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First time ever I've been through the roof for a Nintendo E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Well a Smash 4 Special Edition would probably explain why they delayed putting out the remaining set of amiibos for the game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
mayne NOT put smash 4 on switch and just give us the best version which is the 64 version

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

Dizz posted:

mayne NOT put smash 4 on switch and just give us the best version which is the 64 version

Well this is wrong. The 64 version of any game is probably the wrong version in 2017.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Dizz posted:

Yeah like how they shouldn't have released a new Zelda game because the 64 had two already right? :haw:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I am ready give it to me

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Chronojam posted:

Yeah like how they shouldn't have released a new Zelda game because the 64 had two already right? :haw:

What

E: Does anyone else get the weird effect of their right joycon losing life faster than the left? Right was a little over half while the left looked like it was full.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 27, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I've actually been noticing the exact opposite; odd. Also, the other day it took several hours (10-16?) to fully charge it back to full; I suspect it wasn't charging slow so much as not charging at all until I detached and reattached the joycons towards the end, because it went back up to full in short order.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

My Pro controller has completely replaced my 360 controller for PC gaming and it's good as hell.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah I can't comment on the joycon charges cause its pro controller all day everyday except a few hours of Snipperclips with the lady.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Loopoo mentions putting the money from his Switch toward something else until it's time to buy another one, so I think I know his type and have known several people like this in real life. They view any money they have as "wasted because it's just sitting around", as if life is some sort of real-time strategy game. On payday, they budget for rent, groceries, etc. then get on Amazon and spend a few hours shopping so they can blow the exact amount of whatever is left on their paycheck. Then the same logic of something "going to waste" get applied to all of the poo poo they own too, so it turns into a nonstop, futile cycle of selling and buying everything in the hope that they can achieve the ideal allocation of assets for that particular second of their lives.

$700 in savings... better buy a Switch and a bunch of slow cookers so I can sell them over the next 17 months to buy toilet paper so it doesn't go to waste!

or maybe they just wanted to play the best version of botw but dont really care about anything else coming out on the console

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Living the dream boys and girls.

Whoa why are they angry? I live here!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rirse posted:

Well a Smash 4 Special Edition would probably explain why they delayed putting out the remaining set of amiibos for the game.

No it doesn't

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Blaster Master owns so far, but the max upgrade gun is rediculously easy mode, I need to stop using it. I've been able to smash every boss in seconds by standing still and mashing the fire button real fast.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

a.lo posted:

No it doesn't
There's three amiibos left, but four in development for release. Unless they decide to release female Corrin (which they have never done for any other amiibo) then it's a new character for the Deluxe version.

Also, Bayonetta and Corrin were released in February 2016. Cloud was released earlier still, in December 2015. Even weird third party issues doesn't apply, as Corrin would still be in the clear for release while they worked out poo poo with Platinum and Square. There's no real reason to delay these amiibos for over a year besides holding them back until Smash Deluxe releases. Especially if the game has some new amiibo gimmick to show off.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'll buy it either way, but I think I'd just prefer a new Smash at this point.

e also can confirm the amFilm screen protected goes on super easy and is fantastic, it's arguably a must have

chaleski fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 27, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Feenix posted:

No, I was saying. This was the only time slot I had to play in the entire test fire period, unfortunately.

And yes, it was discouraging to repeatedly die and never even get close to killing someone, but that wasn't the majority of my issue. It just didn't feel that great.
If you're caring about your kill-death ratio in Splatoon, you're playing it wrong imo.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Look I'm not saying this is the best post of the thread

But it is definitely not the worst best pro post con of the thread.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So I enjoyed the splatoon test fire a lot in the hour I played it, but I'm not sure I can squeeze 60 bucks of enjoyment out of it.

EDIT: Unless the full game is a lot bigger and offers more than just new maps.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can we all mourn the loss of miiverse for Splatoon 2? The walls are so barren......rip :yeah:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The lack of miiverse is the worst thing about the switch

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

EpicNemesis posted:

So I enjoyed the splatoon test fire a lot in the hour I played it, but I'm not sure I can squeeze 60 bucks of enjoyment out of it.

If it's anything like Splatoon 1 you're gonna see a lot more weapons and loadouts, a fun singleplayer campaign, ranked mode with several different game modes, and regular community events. I'm sure we'll see all that when we get closer to release.

:rip: Miiverse

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stux posted:

or maybe they just wanted to play the best version of botw but dont really care about anything else coming out on the console

The Wii U version runs slightly better due to optimizations for that specific console, so

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Andrast posted:

The lack of miiverse is the worst thing about the switch

:yeah:

But like just a regular sad person 'yeah' cause no more Miiverse

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

EpicNemesis posted:

Now what on Earth makes you think the full game is alot bigger?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Realtalk, I can't remember where I read the article or where I read it and I can assure you that this is a 100% real thing I am not making up, but someone complained about Miiverse a while back when they were playing Super Mario 3D Land with their kids and they had Miiverse posts come up in the background

What was in those pictures?
Penises

So I can understand why Nintendo would want to remove the need to moderate that poo poo constantly 24/7. Much akin to the old dead Lego MMO which basically devolved into full time round the clock Penis checking via the mod team, cause you certainly can't have kids seeing Lego dongs or dong related media.

On the other hand gently caress that noise Miiverse was cool and had good art, especially for Splatoon.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Takoluka posted:

The Wii U version runs slightly better due to optimizations for that specific console, so
Except the Wii U still chugs in places, whereas handheld mode (also in 720p) runs flawlessly

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Hey Loopoo if you do decide to sell, don't be a sucker and sell through Amazon - https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=nintendo+switch&section=

You can make a sweet 1 pence profit - MINIMUM

I got a switch now, played a lot of the one good game and can confirm it's pretty cool

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pants Donkey posted:

Except the Wii U still chugs in places, whereas handheld mode (also in 720p) runs flawlessly

That's absolutely untrue in certain towns and environments, even in Airplane Mode.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you are interested in more dong detection articles you can read what happened with the Lego MMO a bit further here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-01-lego-mmo-development-dogged-by-dong-detection-software

Think there was a much longer article somewhere going in depth about what happened, but it eventually devolved into approval queues and mod teams having to check each individual submission for dongs, which led to a massive dong backlog when you just wanted to build cool non-dong related stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah, Reggie says this poo poo constantly. They might have a huge E3 with tons of awesome exclusive games we haven't seen before, but he would say this if their plan was a 60 minute direct about New Wii Music for Switch

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Takoluka posted:

so buy three switches, sell two of them to buy a wii u and a zojirushi rice cooker, sell those but only for 8 months

and presto! it's kirby!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Infinitum posted:

If you are interested in more dong detection articles you can read what happened with the Lego MMO a bit further here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-01-lego-mmo-development-dogged-by-dong-detection-software

Think there was a much longer article somewhere going in depth about what happened, but it eventually devolved into approval queues and mod teams having to check each individual submission for dongs, which led to a massive dong backlog when you just wanted to build cool non-dong related stuff.

Why not just have a trust flag? this way, repeat offenders immediately get denied while trusted ones still get placed into the mod queue?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Crafty posted:

Hey Loopoo if you do decide to sell, don't be a sucker and sell through Amazon - https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=nintendo+switch&section=

You can make a sweet 1 pence profit - MINIMUM

I got a switch now, played a lot of the one good game and can confirm it's pretty cool

Cheers for that, I'll sell it at my local CeX then. Saves me the nightmare of shipping it safely.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Who doesn't have a massive dong backlog?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Loopoo posted:

Cheers for that, I'll sell it at my local CeX then. Saves me the nightmare of shipping it safely.

As someone who recently had an existential crises and punched a wall over buying a $8 eshop game I think you may have severe mental issues and should seek help.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Takoluka posted:

The Digital foundry comparison says otherwise. For an anecdotal note, I've talked frequently with one of my friends who has the Wii U version and his testimony supported the conclusion from the video as well. I've not heard any other sources that have said Wii U is better, so where are you getting this from?

Takoluka posted:

That's absolutely untrue in certain towns and environments, even in Airplane Mode.

It's untrue that portable mode is flawless, but it is definitely true that it runs the best of the 3 options.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

As someone who recently had an existential crises and punched a wall over buying a $8 eshop game I think you may have severe mental issues and should seek help.

:same: but somehow even lamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm thinking of buying Fast RMX and playing that during lunch.

• Locked thread