Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Not that I'm complaining, but I would like to see the 2nd place car pace the first place car on the track. However, this is F1 and I can accept that doesn't happen anymore.

Or ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Ferrari of Vettel was better than Hamiltons Mercedes so...today?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fanatic posted:

Wait a minute, there's two 'The Worst Thread' leagues. One with 27 people and the other with 40 people.

There's a guy in the 27 person one who has a score of 105, in which case he would top your list if he was in the right league :v:

Yeah there is, I was in both. Just use the link in the OP to join the bigger one, that's what I did and left the smaller.

I dunno if Matt created multiple or whatever, but yeah there were two for me too.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm leading, holy poo poo.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm leading, holy poo poo.

Calm down Seb.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
I think we all know who the real winner of the 2017 Australian GP is:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nico Rosberg Was Always Good.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Nico Was Always Beautiful

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Nico Rosberg Was Always Good.

An undeniable fact, which is true for all Finns in F1.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Also Nico is Cool and Good and Ferrari is Cool and Good

Is that what a multimillionaire Formula 1 driver's living room in a house in Monaco looks like?
Hell mine is at least 10% better. And I've got a larger tv.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

aequalis posted:

Is that what a multimillionaire Formula 1 driver's living room in a house in Monaco looks like?

What about all your other houses and jet?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

aequalis posted:

You can buy a house in Gary, Illinois for less than $6k, you could have thousands of living rooms for less, and a TV in every single one.

You probably have to pay income tax though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
All I can see is cream. You got to be rich to have a cream living room and a toddler because you'll need a staff to keep it clean.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
The best bootleg classic F1 channel on all of uStream just looped back to the start of its chronological playlist, go watch you some old racing while you are waiting for China. Currently showing highlights of Monaco 1961.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I ended up really enjoying Verstappen's drive yesterday.

Probably because his inability to back down hosed over Lewis Hamilton.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Fanatic posted:

There's a guy in the 27 person one who has a score of 105, in which case he would top your list if he was in the right league :v:

God loving drat it. Have I ferrari'ed my prediction success?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jamsque posted:

The best bootleg classic F1 channel on all of uStream just looped back to the start of its chronological playlist, go watch you some old racing while you are waiting for China. Currently showing highlights of Monaco 1961.

60s commentary is so much better than Crofty. Properly spoken gentlemen.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

My Aus GP thoughts:

• I'm actually kinda glad Merc didn't win it.
  • LOT of unwarranted faith in Ferrari not loving up ITT.
  • It was a boring race.
  • You can tell it was a boring race because of how vehemently people who liked the result are trying to convince you it was a good race.
  • I'm waiting for Bahrain before I start to criticise the formula, but it still worries me how bad the racing was.
  • Qualy was interesting though.
  • I suck at predictions.
  • I seem to be in the wrong gppredictor league. What's the right one?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

NtotheTC posted:

My Aus GP thoughts:

I think this is the right one based on the fact that it has the more members, but someone did dun goof initially and there were 2 groups set up, I'm blaming learnincurve.
https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join/58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Jamsque posted:

Now up to Hunt vs Lauda in Japan in 1976. Watch this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Not even 40% accuracy for me. :saddowns:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jamsque posted:

Now up to Hunt vs Lauda in Japan in 1976. Watch this.

It's courage taken to a level of mental illness racing those cars in those conditions.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
GP Predictor's pop up when you leave says "League Leaved Successfully!"

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

My Aus GP thoughts:

• I'm actually kinda glad Merc didn't win it.
  • LOT of unwarranted faith in Ferrari not loving up ITT.
  • It was a boring race.
  • You can tell it was a boring race because of how vehemently people who liked the result are trying to convince you it was a good race.
  • I'm waiting for Bahrain before I start to criticise the formula, but it still worries me how bad the racing was.
  • Qualy was interesting though.
  • I suck at predictions.

There was a period where Bottas looked like legitimately threatening Lewis (who didn't stop complaining throughout the race), and where Verstappen looked like taking both.
Also the melodrama of "WHO WINS, SEB OUT OF THE PITS OR HAMILTON DOWN THE STRAIGHT (behind a Verstappen pulling 1:29s)".

It was a pretty boring race, but it had it's moments.
I don't think Ferrari are going to dominate this year, I genuinely think whoever qualifies on pole and makes fewer strategy fuckups is going to win, just like every year (but it looks like something has to be wrong with your car for you to be genuinely overtaken this year, which is fairly new). It's like that pretty much every year, but I don't think the difference between Ferrari and Mercedes is as big as the difference was last year. I also don't think Ferrari win a WCC (which is what they actually want) because Kimi doesn't look up to the task of repeatedly beating either Merc.
If Lewis doesn't stop whining about Grip and Power, it'll probably be him loving up strategy and then whining about it, which will be beautiful.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 27, 2017

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ricccyardo is a pussyclart wasteman number 2 driver. He knows Max is better than him in every single way and is already bottling it.

Vettel is ftw and the scud are good! Can't wait to see the finger at every race this season.

#thescud #scuderia #ferrariftw #riciardoisashitcunt

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BadF1Stats/status/846315404540686336

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Where was all this Nico love when the thread needed it?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I was pretty consistent last year in my love of Nico Bossberg.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Or ever?

It used to happen occasionally. If Liberty wants more than 500,000 American viewers then it will need to happen more often.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Andrew Benson has written some surprisingly good words about McLaren & Honda: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39403617

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Andrew Benson has written some surprisingly good words about McLaren & Honda: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39403617

loving love the BBC comment section.

some retard posted:

Have they BANNED this dangerous DRIVING competition YET???!!!!!!

It's only a matter of TIME before someone else makes a FATAL mistake and instantly DIES!!!!!!!

Please BAN this dangerous so called """""Formula 1""""" NOW!!!!!!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

60s commentary is so much better than Crofty. Properly spoken gentlemen.
Murray Walker, F1 commentator extraordinaire from 1934 to 1998

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Walker and Hunt were amazing together.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Australian GP had a couple of exciting moments (pit stop, battle for 10th), which makes it better than most of the races I watched last season.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This Long Beach start is a mess!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That's actually not that bad a stat.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Villeneuve & Arnoux are about to go HAM in France

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What a poor weekend to get rivals.com probated, and then change internet/cable providers.

Seems like 2017 might be a good season, at least I'm hopeful based on the start. A good result with Hamilton not winning by a mile, Bottas being boring, but it looked like he could have challenged for sure if he was allowed to. McLaren SAD but Alonso running in 10th for a while might mean when they get their poo poo together they can be decently competitive. I'm looking forward to the next race to see if it fades back to bland predictability, or if we get more interesting.

Khablam posted:

Someone has created a really convincing fake F1 account on YouTube, and has put race highlights and other goodies on it, the same day as the race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3cfJCOSq8Q
FOM must be writing such a hard C&D letter right now.

Thanks for this, now I don't feel like I have to go back and watch the race.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just lmao if you think Honda is going to get its poo poo together this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I thought quali was really good for Melbourne.

Was it just me missing F1, or you all feel it was pretty solid?

• Locked thread