Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

those people thought the game was worse than p4, because they are people who have opinions

gently caress people with opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

those people thought the game was worse than p4, because they are people who have opinions

Sorry if it came off like "how dare they think that" or something. All I was wondering about is if it's actually like, a massive step down or something or if it's not that bad. If it's plot leans more to the darker tone of P3 or if it's lighter and softer like P4's atmosphere.

Just small general opinions really.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I played PERSONA 5 and it's bad

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sorry if it came off like "how dare they think that" or something. All I was wondering about is if it's actually like, a massive step down or something or if it's not that bad. If it's plot leans more to the darker tone of P3 or if it's lighter and softer like P4's atmosphere.

persona 5 is good, dude.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Massive step down. The animations are very glitchy and the plot's a big rehash of the previous games. And they only introduced, like, two new types of aliens

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Unless you just genuinely hate the cast or the translation is a pile of poo poo, no, it is no way a massive step down.

Regardless of the people I know who've actually played P5 the opinion is largely positive so I'm not sure where you'reading all of this "it's terrible and everyone hates it" stuff.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lets hang out posted:

I played PERSONA 5 and it's bad

Same

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

wizard on a water slide posted:

persona 5 is good, dude.

Yeah this is what I wanted to hear basically. Just trying to see if I should temper expectations and whatnot. Sorry thread. :(

DoubleDonut posted:

Massive step down. The animations are very glitchy and the plot's a big rehash of the previous games. And they only introduced, like, two new types of aliens

I got lost in the Citadel in 1 and got stuck in elevator hell and then never played it again. Considered getting the new one as it's a fresh start but lol.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As the resident P5 hater, ama

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
tell me about goro cause he's far away my favorite boy

i like him much more than the girls tbh

DoubleDonut posted:

Also I hear the bad guy is just being controlled by a secret bigger bad guy the whole time

wait i confused myself

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
How is the cast anyways? Like how would people rate them in comparison to P3 or P4's cast?

Like do they actually gel or is it a group of hateful misfits who consciously block each other out? Do we have a character as bad as Ken? Is Morgana more Teddy or the rad dog who knifed people?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im gonna play persona 5, in english, so i can hear all my favorite anime girls tell me how much they love me in a language that i vaguely understand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if you want that, then do english voices with japanese text

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zore posted:

How is the cast anyways? Like how would people rate them in comparison to P3 or P4's cast?

Like do they actually gel or is it a group of hateful misfits who consciously block each other out?

I like them more than the P5 cast. They're a rag tag group of societal outcasts in one way or another and come together as friends and a unit. Even the main character feels like an actual character in this game even though he doesn't talk much, mostly due to his more theatrical nature. I mean it's up to you I guess, but I can't think of a reason why anyone would like dislike the cast over something like P3's or P4's cast other than personal preference.

Moltrey posted:

tell me about goro cause he's far away my favorite boy

Goro is the most popular loving character in the game, I ain't gotta tell you poo poo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

As the resident P5 hater, ama

is hitler the final boss in this one too

if no, why not. i'll accept the cat as the final boss as a compromise.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hitler is not the final boss, sorry those of you waiting for his return

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

Goro is the most popular loving character in the game, I ain't gotta tell you poo poo
gently caress yeah

who at atlus said "yo let's make naoto but hot and cool and not bad in combat? cause i love em

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Is the Mementos dungeon music really a five second loop

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Is the Mementos dungeon music really a five second loop

Mementos is loving bad and I hate that it's in the game at all

It is seriously one of the lower points of the game

But yes here is the music, it drones on forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLPHCZv4kPM

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 27, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You didn't answer the question

e: you did

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The music in the game is really good for the most part, but it seriously needed more tracks for important boss fights and Mementos needs more music because after the first visit you won't ever want to hear the music again

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For real tho, I cannot stop listening to Beneath The Mask. I feel bad I've spoiled a lot of the music for myself but gently caress man it's tight

Captain Baal posted:

this tho, im actually laughing at how much this kinda sucks

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

p5 is gonna suck cause I can't kiss the dudes

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The one thing Joker cannot steal... Is a man's heart.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I know nothing about the game and haven't watched anything other than the initial teaser trailer

Ama

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

The one thing Joker cannot steal... Is a man's heart.

He's stolen mine.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

tithin posted:

I know nothing about the game and haven't watched anything other than the initial teaser trailer

Ama

Why in the world would you inflict this thread upon yourself

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

DoubleDonut posted:

Why in the world would you inflict this thread upon yourself

I love Persona and have deliberately kept myself isolated so as to not build expectations.

We're a week away from release and I need somewhere to poo poo post.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is a good thread to poo poo post in then

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

tithin posted:

Ama
About three weeks ago I went to take my recycling bin inside from my curb, only to realize that it was gone. There was a full bin in my neighbor's yard, but it was filled with trash that was not mine. The bins of all of our neighbors at this time were empty. I searched high & low across my house and neighborhood for my own bin and could not find it. Later in the day, the bin mysteriously reappeared in my yard, and it was now empty too. I sneaked over to the neighbor's house, and their bin was also empty too.

tithin, what do you supposed happened to my recycling bin for that stretch of time it was missing?

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 27, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Captain Baal posted:

Imagine the horror of visiting the physical manifestation of your own broken psyche and learning the soundtrack of your soul was just elevator music forever.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Raxivace posted:

About three weeks ago I went to take my recycling bin inside from my curb, only to realize that it was gone. There was a full bin in my neighbor's yard, but it was filled with trash that was not mine. The bins of all of our neighbors at this time were empty. I searched high & low across my house and neighborhood for my own bin and could not find it. Later in the day, the bin mysteriously reappeared in my yard, and it was now empty too. I sneaked over to the neighbor's house, and their bin was also empty too.

tithin, what do you supposed happened to my recycling bin for that stretch of time it was missing?

Fif

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Baal posted:

Hitler is not the final boss, sorry those of you waiting for his return

don't let this guy troll you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Imagine the horror of visiting the physical manifestation of your own broken psyche and learning the soundtrack of your soul was just elevator music forever.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I wouldn't be surprised

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Raxivace posted:

wrong frequency, colonel campbell

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

The instrumentation in this is really foul. It just doesn't sound good on any level.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone know where the BGM DLC tracks are used? Would maybe make the mementos dungeon music more bearable.

Alternatively, if it's pure grinding i'll just turn off the music and play my own tracks/podcast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The DLC tracks are combat exclusive, you do not get them outside of that. When I was burning through Mementos I would just put the drat things on auto attack and watch YouTube videos or something. It is seriously the most unfun thing in the game and the fact that it's so critical to both main and side content is a huge drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Captain Baal posted:

Since it's the random dungeon of the game it's just keeping the spirit of the Tartarus music.

Is the actual dungeon worse than Tartarus?

At least you get to drive around in a cool car ....?