Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Sadly I think he retired that move, due to switching to a more mat based style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jack Anderson posted:

Sadly I think he retired that move, due to switching to a more mat based style.

That and being 43. TAKA's been around forever y'all.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Road to Sakura Genesis is on now for anyone awake.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dumb question but how do I watch the english commentary for shows? I am watching the New Japan Cup Final from March 20th, and I see Kevin Kelly is there, but can only find the japanese commentary.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Usually the shows with English commentary have a separate page but I don't see one for the 3/20 show. That's really weird.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
english finals http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00430_5_1

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Thanks~!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The English version of the cup final is labelled as 3/19 because that's the date it aired in the US with timezones and stuff.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Check out the Cup Final's Japanese commentary if only for Jushin Liger marking out hard at the end of the match. :3:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Red Shoes is the biggest heel in the whole company. Terrible ref~!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Red Shoes is the biggest heel in the whole company. Terrible ref~!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lions Gate 4 the Young Lion and outsiders house shows they haven't done since their alliance with NOAH fell through comes back April 13th at 6am est

Young Lion Debut: Shota Unno(Red Shoe's son) vs. TAKA Michinoku
Hirai Kawato vs El Desperado
Jado & Gedo vs. Yuuma Aoyagi & Koji Iwamoto (AJPW Young Lions)
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Toru Sugiera (FREEDOMS)
TenKozy vs. Ayato Yoshida & DINOSAUR TAKUMA (K-Dojo)
Nagata & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Nakanishi & Katsuya Kitamura

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

DINOSAUR TAKUMA better live up to that goddamn name.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jack Anderson posted:

DINOSAUR TAKUMA better live up to that goddamn name.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Of course he has a tail.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

please don't doxx me

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That lions gate card looks great and it's easily the most compelling one on paper they've booked.

This is def a sign that they're starting to more agressively court western audiences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHTHu0FzShs

That video's also the first time I've seen a pic of what the entirebuilding containing Korakuen Hall looks like. Apparently the 2f is a smaller conference room.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is the Lionsgate card gonna be in NJPW World?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Oh, Google translate.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mods can I have a name change to "11 Minutes 52 Seconds Army Masturbation."

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzOWqwTnps8

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh, Google translate.
That condemned Okada! Teaming up with the capital of Malta! :argh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They announced at Walemania that the Long Beach shows are going to be proper big events with all the titles on the line so if you're on the fence about getting tickets tomorrow...

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Baron Corbyn posted:

They announced at Walemania that the Long Beach shows are going to be proper big events with all the titles on the line so if you're on the fence about getting tickets tomorrow...

Awesome news. Is there a video anywhere of the announcement?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I'll trust that George Carroll isn't bullshitting here. Glad I'm going now. Sounds like we're basically getting a New Beginning style double shot only in Long Beach. Part of me is still a little bummed that they're to just doing the actual G1 now tho.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sigmachiev posted:

Awesome news. Is there a video anywhere of the announcement?

no. I'm not even sure if it was a public announcement. It was info George Carroll gave to Dave last night that he relayed on today's WOR

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Charlton posted:

Honma had successful surgery, has begun rehabbing by lifting his knees.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

So what do you all think they are going to do with Makabe? His only GBH buddy is going to be gone, possibly forever. I know he's a bit of a celebrity so I don't think he'll join Suzuki-Gun or anything that drastic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

here comes the spunk posted:

So what do you all think they are going to do with Makabe? His only GBH buddy is going to be gone, possibly forever. I know he's a bit of a celebrity so I don't think he'll join Suzuki-Gun or anything that drastic.

Just stick one of the more ready Young Lions with him. Wait for Honma to return.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Honma had successful surgery, has begun rehabbing by headbutting his doctor.

fyp

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

here comes the spunk posted:

He can join the New Japan Dad crew.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/666mkmk666/status/848037846107602945

Food Court Druid posted:

He can join the New Japan Dad crew.

Yeah, I see him as essentially being the youngest member of that crew most of the time and like Ten-Cozy he can be moved up the card if necessary for a program. I'm sure he'll still be given something fairly decent at the Dome given his mainstream appeal.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tiger Mask appears to be the thickest super Jr

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Was anyone able to get tickets for the Long Beach shows?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

I searched for tickets the milisecond they went on sale. Front row was already sold out. Now I get a "We were unable to process your request." message.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Scored row 2 Saturday and row 6 Sunday for a 3 set with multiple parties trying.

A four set of friends sitting separately totally struck out and it looks like 3 sets are gone too now for Saturday.

Looks like 3 sets MAYBE can still be had for Sunday but also getting a lot of "we can't process this" notices too. Keep trying for a minute if you're still hunting.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 1, 2017

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Anyone get between 2-4 extra tickets :(

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

That DICK! posted:

Anyone get between 2-4 extra tickets :(

I'm not certain this is sold out and not a ticketmaster issue. I'd keep trying for a while longer to confirm.

E: Try Ticketmaster app. Website allotment is out according to a buddy who's expert at how this stuff works.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 1, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I was able to get 2 tickets for Sunday. I got the cheap ones. I had better seats but I'd click buy and Ticketmaster would tell me the seats were no longer available. I haven't dealt with Ticketmaster in years this is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
You can find tickets if you open up a new browser. Unfortunately, all the good seats seem to be gone.

• Locked thread