Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Citizen Tayne posted:

Why do cats have such big buttholes anyway

Because they're carnivores, you try eating meat only for a month and you'll wish for a bigger butthole too.

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

petit choux posted:

Mariana finally got the boot for being an unconcern troll.

Rip wynona gifs :/

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

jisforjosh posted:

you'll wish for a bigger butthole too.

there are ways

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jisforjosh posted:

Because they're carnivores, you try eating meat only for a month and you'll wish for a bigger butthole too.

ed balls

hosed up.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

punchymcpunch posted:

you wanna hear a good joke? nobody tweet, nobody piss soaked

I approve of this "punchymcpunch" post.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Citizen Tayne posted:

the cool thing about this is that house affordability is generally pegged at 3x yearly income. New housing in most of the US starts over $300k, which puts it affordably out of reach of all but the top income quintile (starts at $109918). The median house price is $188900, which isn't affordable until you're at the top of the third quintile (tops out at $67766).

The functional result of this is that a whole shitload of people are in houses they can't afford, with predictable results for their savings and disposable income.

To say nothing of the fact that owning a house is expensive as gently caress and completely loving stupid, in most cases. Since buying in 2013, essentially all of my non-retirement savings have been dumped into the house. Every time the vacation funds gets a few thousand it just becomes a target for reallocation into new tiling, or whatever dumbass thing. gently caress houses.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jisforjosh posted:

ed balls

My butthole is already too big TYVM

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Iron Crowned posted:

It's alright, the space flight/survey stuff is really pretty. I really just wanted to shoot space mans, and I haven't played a ME since the first one so I don't know how it compares to other recent offerings. :shrug:

Absolutely get ME:2 if you can get it discounted. I can't imagine it being all that expensive. It was really good. Lots of fun side quests. ME:3 had some problems. Particularly the ending. And the story arc was...dumb? Yes, it was dumb. Also, inconsistent. EA/BioWare actually released free DLC to change the ending.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

does the new mass effect have good 'hangin with your buds makin friends' gameplay? cos that was what i enjoyed in the previous ones

Apr 7, 2003

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

To say nothing of the fact that owning a house is expensive as gently caress and completely loving stupid, in most cases. Since buying in 2013, essentially all of my non-retirement savings have been dumped into the house. Every time the vacation funds gets a few thousand it just becomes a target for reallocation into new tiling, or whatever dumbass thing. gently caress houses.

The rise in home values from 1980 to now are another way the Boomers have sucked money outta their kids. My house was purchased by the previous owners for $30k in 1990 and I paid over four times that, and I put a lot of effort into finding an undervalued house in a "bad" neighborhood. Once you talk about desirable neighborhoods in good school districts, you start talking real money.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I did a thing posted:

Absolutely get ME:2 if you can get it discounted. I can't imagine it being all that expensive. It was really good. Lots of fun side quests. ME:3 had some problems. Particularly the ending. And the story arc was...dumb? Yes, it was dumb. Also, inconsistent. EA/BioWare actually released free DLC to change the ending.

Meh, I don't car that much, I tend to just buy vidja games on a whim most of the time, this was one of them. The next one I plan to buy is Shadow of War, and the last one I planned to buy was Xcom 2.

I'd honestly be content playing a vidja game that was just the flying around and surveying planets bit of ME

Serf
May 5, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

does the new mass effect have good 'hangin with your buds makin friends' gameplay? cos that was what i enjoyed in the previous ones

some are better than others. your krogan squadmate is cool, and liam is a bro. the human asari weeaboo is lame af tho

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Maybe Three Olives is on to something with this whole living in a condo thing. Probably not.

(Owning land will most likely turn a profit as some point)

Apr 7, 2003

I did a thing posted:

Maybe Three Olives is on to something with this whole living in a condo thing. Probably not.

Viewing your primary residence as an investment to turn a profit on is a big part of what's wrong in America.

If I could have convinced my wife to live in a condo I'd have done it in a minute, unfortunately the sort of people who serve on condo boards or HoAs are not the kind of people who should be running anything.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i plan to rent an apartment until i die

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

housing's a bubble that cant be allowed to pop until the boomers are all dead because the system is rigged the end

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am part of the tech industry so I'm one of those assholes responsible for skyrocketing rents and property values.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
my man has the carnivore butt hole lmao

Apr 7, 2003

Serf posted:

That's okay until your landlords reassess poo poo when you're in your late fifties and decide to jack the rent up to 55% of your net income.

My neighbors who just moved had bought the house next door in 1997 and told me their mortgage + escrow (tax) payment was $380 a month. Hard to give that up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The faster the housing bubble bursts the better imo

e; around me I have no idea how some people have 50k+ in student loan debt and are expected to pay at least 450k minimum for a house

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chuck Schumer going to play the part of Joab to Kushner's Uriah.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's okay until your landlords reassess poo poo when you're in your late fifties and decide to jack the rent up to 55% of your net income.

My neighbors who just moved had bought the house next door in 1997 and told me their mortgage + escrow (tax) payment was $380 a month. Hard to give that up.

lmao @ living past the age of 50

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kashuno posted:

e; around me I have no idea how some people have 50k+ in student loan debt and are expected to pay at least 450k minimum for a house

gonna be so much bursting youll get tired of bursting

Apr 7, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Over half of all American home owners under the age of 36 had parental help with the down payment. Of those, a majority also had parental help with student loans.

I think the Boomers are just hosed up control freaks who enjoy having adult children who are dependent on them

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kashuno posted:

my mom was trying to tell me and my girlfriend (6 figgies of student loan debt) that housing is a good investment when they're having issues selling their house. bragging about ~100k in value over 14 years.

she was oddly dismissive when i told her how much a vanguard index fund would have yielded over the same exact period of time for some reason

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

What is this from, i need to see it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Citizen Tayne posted:

Viewing your primary residence as an investment to turn a profit on is a big part of what's wrong in America.

If I could have convinced my wife to live in a condo I'd have done it in a minute, unfortunately the sort of people who serve on condo boards or HoAs are not the kind of people who should be running anything.

My dad genuinely thinks I'm stupid for not wanting to own a house.

Since I started working full time in 1999, I've had 8 different full time jobs, 3 part time jobs, and been unemployed 4 times, in 3 different states. Buying a house would literally lock me down in some place, and when the local economy shits the bed, I'm stuck there tied to a house. I guess it partially helps that I'm single and have no children, but if I had to move to another region for a job next week, it's not as big a deal.

The days of spending 25 years in one company are long gone, and owning a home really doesn't make sense when you could be out of a job without any warning tomorrow.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Regular Nintendo posted:

i dunno actually
some goon said i was like one of the characters and i made some gifs from the trailer
don't remember what its called

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I did a thing posted:

I owned and lived in a condo for seven years, and have few complaints I gotta say. It was a place to live (and a good one), not an investment.

EDIT: To be clear I am not condoning Three Olives in any way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

My dad genuinely thinks I'm stupid for not wanting to own a house.

Since I started working full time in 1999, I've had 8 different full time jobs, 3 part time jobs, and been unemployed 4 times, in 3 different states. Buying a house would literally lock me down in some place, and when the local economy shits the bed, I'm stuck there tied to a house. I guess it partially helps that I'm single and have no children, but if I had to move to another region for a job next week, it's not as big a deal.

The days of spending 25 years in one company are long gone, and owning a home really doesn't make sense when you could be out of a job without any warning tomorrow.

Yeah I think this is a big part of it too. People don't stay at companies either by force or by choice anymore, so owning a house can be a hindrance.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I owned and lived in a condo for seven years, and have few complaints I gotta say. It was a place to live (and a good one), not an investment.

EDIT: To be clear I am not condoning Three Olives in any way.

I'm thinking of buying a plot of land and just building a luxurious underground bunker and placing solar panels on the lot.

Apr 7, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I think this is a big part of it too. People don't stay at companies either by force or by choice anymore, so owning a house can be a hindrance.

If you're out of a job tomorrow and need to move across state lines as a renter, you've still got a lease and a landlord who's going to try to gently caress every dime possible out of you anyway. There's really no winning situation.

My last landlord hosed ~$6000 out of a guy who signed a lease and then had to move to Missouri for work three months later.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Regular Nintendo posted:

Baloogan posted:

i dunno actually
some goon said i was like one of the characters and i made some gifs from the trailer
don't remember what its called

A Bullet for The General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HTgS85T0k

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

Over half of all American home owners under the age of 36 had parental help with the down payment. Of those, a majority also had parental help with student loans.

I think the Boomers are just hosed up control freaks who enjoy having adult children who are dependent on them

i just didnt go to college :smuggo:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

has gian maria volonte ever been in a movie where he didnt cackle while firing a machine gun? i feel like ive seen it in like 3 movies now

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Kashuno posted:

I am part of the tech industry so I'm one of those assholes responsible for skyrocketing rents and property values.

Have you considered not being an rear end in a top hat? It's actually reasonably easy, and the money you save in rent you can use to do cool stuff.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Citizen Tayne posted:

my rich uncle is paying for a lot of my poo poo. but he's been kind of an rear end in a top hat as of late.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Citizen Tayne posted:

If you're not living in a city that has rent control, get on that poo poo. Nobody should be able to raise the rent more than 3% a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Serf posted:

yeah, im on a 2 year lease too

• Locked thread