Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

If the number is real and not just Toei handwaving bullshit, the only logical conclusion is people like Frieza and Buu destroying poo poo because back in Jaco the Galactic Patrolman there's way more than 28 planets and that's all that's happened between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

DrPaper posted:

If the number is real and not just Toei handwaving bullshit, the only logical conclusion is people like Frieza and Buu destroying poo poo because back in Jaco the Galactic Patrolman there's way more than 28 planets and that's all that's happened between the two.

maybe he meant alien homeworlds. that would explain him bringing up namek

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We've been talking for three pages about a number Toriyama pulled out of his rear end that will never be relevant again.

Can we go back to talking about the dumb way Zamasu died or something, at least that argument had some vaguely interesting discussions

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Arguing over dumb poo poo is the core dragonball experience

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

PMush Perfect posted:

We've been talking for three pages about a number Toriyama pulled out of his rear end that will never be relevant again.

It's unfair to assume Toriyama had anything to do with that number.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

maybe he meant alien homeworlds. that would explain him bringing up namek

I'm willing to buy that narrative, because we're aware of half of the planets otherwise. New Namek, King of the Universe, that fortune tellers planet, Freeza's home planet, planet where Vegetas cousin lives, Jacos planet, that criminal that Jaco arrested's planet, that pit stop where he ate noodles, Yadrat, supposedly Bibidi's home planet unless Buu blew that up, wherever Vegeta got healed up...

What am I missing?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Black August posted:

Ok so ask yourself this, if U7 is face value a 28 planet shithole devastated by angry gods pretty much 24/7,

What the gently caress is happening in U9

the entire universe has been reduced to one furry convention

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I'm willing to buy that narrative, because we're aware of half of the planets otherwise. New Namek, King of the Universe, that fortune tellers planet, Freeza's home planet, planet where Vegetas cousin lives, Jacos planet, that criminal that Jaco arrested's planet, that pit stop where he ate noodles, Yadrat, supposedly Bibidi's home planet unless Buu blew that up, wherever Vegeta got healed up...

What am I missing?

Fusion Dance planet, the planet that Beerus half exploded.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordaedil posted:

Bug planet isn't canon. It's possible that Vegeta was never able to blow up planets and even Freeza required the full release of his attack to do so.

Vegita tried to destroy the Earth with a big Galick Gun, it is the original beam struggle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpoUisBcGQ

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kild posted:

Fusion Dance planet, the planet that Beerus half exploded.

That planet could already be gone, since Goku learned fusion from dead Metamorans.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Vegita tried to destroy the Earth with a big Galick Gun, it is the original beam struggle!

Seeing as how he had plenty of strength left after firing it and that he can't breathe in space, I'm leaning towards he was planning on firing Galick beams until the job was accomplished, or that it was a bluff or provocation.

I would say he says something different in the Japanese original, but I'm actually fairly sure he makes that specific threat in all iterations.

Again, we don't really know the truth because the only planet blown up nearly failed to do so by a vastly more powerful being.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mordaedil posted:

Seeing as how he had plenty of strength left after firing it and that he can't breathe in space, I'm leaning towards he was planning on firing Galick beams until the job was accomplished, or that it was a bluff or provocation.

I would say he says something different in the Japanese original, but I'm actually fairly sure he makes that specific threat in all iterations.

Again, we don't really know the truth because the only planet blown up nearly failed to do so by a vastly more powerful being.

Not all planets are created equal, some are big, some are small, some are Pluto.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordaedil posted:

I don't think it is unreasonable to think Vegita had the power to destroy the planet at that point. Roshi and Piccilo both blew up the moon (Piccilo did it with very little effort), and the moon is 1/4 the size of Earth. Nappa vaporized a city when they arrived with zero effort, and Vegita is much stronger than Nappa.

Blowing up planets is easy in Dragonball.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
And Goku put a rabbit and his henchmen on the moon, making Roshi a murderer.

And yet the Earth remains. The only one to successfully destroy an actual planet of impressive dimensions is Kid Buu.

We don't know the real scale of Dragonballs moon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If Toei wants to really drive the nerds insane, they'll casually drop a group from another universe that's just straight-up the crew from GT: kid Goku, mustache Vegeta, tween Pan, etc.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Black August posted:

Ok so ask yourself this, if U7 is face value a 28 planet shithole devastated by angry gods pretty much 24/7,

What the gently caress is happening in U9

Possibly more people, but it's constant revolutions, star-spanning crusades, and people blowing stuff up just because they can. Nothing but pain and anguish and worlds burning left and right. The Kais are taking a direct hand, but they use and abuse their station freely(Note the Tree of Might fruit being used). Creation doesn't exist as itself, it's a plaything of gods and demons alike. Possibly even time isn't really safe(Imagine what Xenoverse's Time Patrol might be getting up to in a universe like that). The God of Destruction, having known nothing but pain before ascending and seeing it all, is effectively either helpless or a puppet. He doesn't especially want to destroy, because he doesn't want to make it worse and fears the backlash.

I suppose it's something like 'multiple Frieza-type empires, and then the criminal fringe is also nutty'. Not just 'Mirror Universe', but 'everybody is awful' universe.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 27, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

U9 is just Votoms with furries.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

whis magically pulled a baby out of bulma so the show didnt have to deal with her being pregnant anymore and everyone is talking about the number of planets instead

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mabels big day posted:

whis magically pulled a baby out of bulma so the show didnt have to deal with her being pregnant anymore and everyone is talking about the number of planets instead

Is that not how doctors usually do it?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
1. Toriyama probably pulled that number out of his rear end, and if he gets questioned on it, he will probably say "those are planets with fighting ability" or something.

2. Kai's search probably won't matter since promo material has had Tien as the 10th fighter.

3. Everyone is about to die but let's take a chance to dunk on Yamcha again.

4. Holy poo poo Whis pulled a baby out of Bulma without labor.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

mabels big day posted:

I don't talk about it because I would have preferred seeing Vegeta sweat through the delivery process.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I always took the planet thing as "planets that mattered."

Like, nobody is counting planets with amoebas living on it or trees or fish right now in some multiverse tournament.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

Like, nobody is counting planets with amoebas living on it or trees or fish right now in some multiverse tournament.

Waiting for the reveal one of the other universe's strongest fighters is a microorganism who defeats its foes in secret.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Darko posted:

Hey, don't disrespect. Those fish guys could see the fu-ture.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Waiting for the reveal one of the other universe's strongest fighters is a microorganism who defeats its foes in secret.

:same:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
In fairness, I'm under the impression that the Kaioshin doesn't really create planets and life, as much as he actually just observes and catalogs it, and then assigns agents to shepherd the people there as Kami and etc.

I think Shin might just be really bad at his job? Like he spent a month just lookin at planets after the Buu Saga ended, and then didn't get back to work after Beerus woke up?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Opening credits theme plays out over an evil looking green cell then cutting to a white blood cell powering up and turning gold.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Barudak posted:

Opening credits theme plays out over an evil looking green cell then cutting to a white blood cell powering up and turning gold.

I am now imagining a team composed of nothing other than multiple super perfect cells with power ranger colour schemes.

Well done.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

DrPaper posted:

In the U6 tournament he didn't even know they had Metalmen in their universe. Shin is just bad at his job.

deadly_pudding posted:

In fairness, I'm under the impression that the Kaioshin doesn't really create planets and life, as much as he actually just observes and catalogs it, and then assigns agents to shepherd the people there as Kami and etc.

Old Kai calls the kai's creation gods when talking about Beerus. I'd imagine them being so passive about that is why U7 mortal level is so low,like you're supposed to observe and catalog but U7 kai's should being doing way more proactive work

deadly_pudding posted:

If Toei wants to really drive the nerds insane, they'll casually drop a group from another universe that's just straight-up the crew from GT: kid Goku, mustache Vegeta, tween Pan, etc.

I would love this because I miss that mustache so much

Another thing so Braly is from U11 so does that mean more or less all universes have set type of species and things like whether or not they go extinct or are different in some way depends on the universe?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I enjoyed the part where Bulma isn't even remotely shocked or surprised and goes straight to "drat magic Cesareans are awesome".

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I kinda like the idea that every planet is supposed to have a Kami equivalent, but most don't, because Shin doesn't know he needs to, or doesn't know how to do it.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I like that Vegeta considers an order from Bulma to supersede one from Beerus.

And he's absolutely right.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

OB_Juan posted:

I kinda like the idea that every planet is supposed to have a Kami equivalent, but most don't, because Shin doesn't know he needs to, or doesn't know how to do it.

Based on statements made by Frieza in Resurrection F (and RF Saga), it seems to be the case that each planet has its own Hell, and he was stuck in Earth's goof-rear end Hell because he died there. It stands to reason that each planet is supposed to have its own attendant otherworld bureaucracy and Kami/Guardian, as well.

Though, that really brings up more questions of what happens to you if you die in space/your planet gets blown the gently caress up. Do you just go straight to the nearest King Kai?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This thread is so close to coming to the realisation that all gods are bad.

Goku figured it out ages ago, and is already halfway through his plan to kill them all.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

This thread is so close to coming to the realisation that all gods are bad.

Goku figured it out ages ago, and is already halfway through his plan to kill them all.

King Kais death was an accident.... :ninja:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I mean, when the manga catches up that scene will definitely play as "There are 2800 planets with life right now, but I don't know if any of them have strong kung-fu guys cause I suck at my job. No, there is not enough time to check those 2800 worlds just take Krillin and push him in the way of one of Jiren's attacks so that he dies and gets disqualified, ok?"

deadly_pudding posted:

GT is one of the 4 universes that got spared due to their high ningen level.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 27, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you've watched Dragon Ball from the beginning, it would make sense that Krillin would be in the tournament, since he's always been Goku's best bud.

Still, I like how Gohan doesn't trust his dad because no one has seen Krillin get owned more than Gohan.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

seiferguy posted:

If you've watched Dragon Ball from the beginning, it would make sense that Krillin would be in the tournament, since he's always been Goku's best bud.

Still, I like how Gohan doesn't trust his dad because no one has seen Krillin get owned more than Gohan.

I don't know if DBZA will make it into the Buu Saga, but man I really want to hear their version of Teen Gohan have serious opinions about things.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lezard_valeth posted:

I mean, when the manga catches up that scene will definitely play as "There are 2800 planets with life right now, but I don't know if any of them have strong kung-fu guys cause I suck at my job. No, there is not enough time to check those 2800 worlds just take Krillin and push him in the way of one of Jiren's attacks so that he dies and gets disqualified, ok?"

GT is one of the 4 universes that got spared due to their high ningen level.

Well it was easy for them since all they had to do was mass produce General Rilldo, as he has more power then Kid Buu according to Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think that the twin universe of the universe that wins will be allowed to live too?

• Locked thread