Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

Scarlett is washed up. They should cast some hot 23 year old in there. Let Scarlett play Ghost in the Shell's mother.

Hi Mike. Please see someone about your purple hands. Also, big fan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Schweinhund posted:

Scarlett is washed up. They should cast some hot 23 year old in there. Let Scarlett play Ghost in the Shell's mother.

This is not your mother's Ghost in the Shell!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think the white cgi unitard is kind of unflattering on her to be honest.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
At least ScarJo doesn't seem to be a complete ahole like JLaw!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

FrensaGeran posted:

Hi Mike. Please see someone about your purple hands. Also, big fan!

Grandma Johansen

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ScarJo thought he character was the hero of Ghost World

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

parallelodad posted:

ScarJo thought he character was the hero of Ghost World

Ghost World is a good movie.

E: can't wait for a dumb Ghost World in the Machine gag on Robot Chicken and SNL.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
She was good in Her.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PostNouveau posted:

It was like a fake almanac about the monsters and poo poo. No characters or anything; all the rest of the movie was built around that thin frame.

I'd rate it as more contrived than basing 3 movies off The Hobbit, but less contrived than basing a movie off the board game Battleship.

battleship was legit good. 100% redeemed for actually playing the game at irl scale within the context of the movie

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Schweinhund posted:

They should cast Milla Jovovich as Johannsen's 23-year-old daughter.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't think of a single Scarlet Johanson role that wouldn't have been better if they had cast Milla Jovovich instead

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Does the ghost shell's white body suit have one of those square trap doors on the bottom for when she needs to make doodoo

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Yes, and being in the future they refer to the act of cyborg pooping as "Ghost in the Three Seashells"

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Trunko posted:

Does the ghost shell's white body suit have one of those square trap doors on the bottom for when she needs to make doodoo

I don't think cyborgs have doodoos. But if they do I bet they come out in white brick form like tofu.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

vermin posted:

I don't think cyborgs have doodoos. But if they do I bet they come out in white brick form like tofu.

No, they come out like an Egg Rollie.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

bring back old gbs posted:

battleship was legit good.

There's no way I can agree with that. Although it was amusing to speculate how long Liam Neeson was on set for. A day, maybe? And he probably got $4 million or so for it.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
HITB: Life and Power Rangers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwjc9HbZug8

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Disappointed that I can't watch it until tonight to see which side of "I thought it was decent" or "what is this poo poo" they fall on.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cool I was hoping they'd review Power Rangers. Wonder if either of them liked it at all. I found that I liked most of it except maybe the actual Power Rangers stuff.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Prediction: Mike likes power rangers, hates Life.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ashpanash posted:

There's no way I can agree with that. Although it was amusing to speculate how long Liam Neeson was on set for. A day, maybe? And he probably got $4 million or so for it.

I can't decide between the scene where the retirees crawl out from under the deck of the old warship like they've been waiting there for decades, or the battleship scene but somewhere in there... they sunk my battle..heart

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

priznat posted:

Prediction: Mike hates Life.

yeah that's probably true

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Did you know their first episode is 10 minutes long?!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
kinda pissed they didn't review CHiPS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah that's probably true

lmao

a bone to pick posted:

kinda pissed they didn't review CHiPS

i've yet to see any reviews giving it more than 1 star

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
When is the "Quincy" movie coming out?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

monster on a stick posted:

When is the "Quincy" movie coming out?

Kevin James is "CANNON". Summer 2018

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Kevin James is "CANNON". Summer 2018

I thought he was slated to play Banacek.

Maybe Max Landis can direct the Combat! movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao at Mike's Get Out comments

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao at Mike's Get Out comments

From the get out review or did he make more in this power rangers one?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Krinkle posted:

From the get out review or did he make more in this power rangers one?

in the Power Rangers one, toward the end.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Krinkle posted:

Jesus christ.
Okay well the actual answer not left on the cutting room floor was that if a human hand is pulling the trigger then it bypasses the international laws against using drones. It was a drone allegory.

That's even dumber! If the US set up a Rube Goldberg device that culminated in a severed hand falling on the "nuke Russia" button could they deny culpability??

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

I'm surprised they didn't make Billy the gay one. His TV show actor was gay and he came out when not everybody was cool with it. They made Sulu gay for the same reason.

But maybe if they had the main protagonist be a gay black guy people would think Power Rangers was trying to be too much like Moonlight.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I can't believe they made a Crispy Creme commercial disguised as a Power Rangers movie where the Rangers are autistic and don't punch anything until the last fifteen minutes.

Also, Mike's meltdown was amazing. :allears:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

vermin posted:

I'm surprised they didn't make Billy the gay one. His TV show actor was gay and he came out when not everybody was cool with it. They made Sulu gay for the same reason.

But maybe if they had the main protagonist be a gay black guy people would think Power Rangers was trying to be too much like Moonlight.

Well if you remember George Takei thought that was lame and tokenism.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

parallelodad posted:

Well if you remember George Takei thought that was lame and tokenism.

Yeah, he pointed out that Sulu was a character, not actually him using a different name. And gays can play straight characters.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
everything about the POWER RANGERS movie sounds absolutely terrible and a lot of reviews, including rlm now, say it's "adequate". At the very least they say at the end it's too bland to recommend, I just can't compute how 90 minutes of insincere teen drama melded with a terrible superhero story that the movie itself doesn't even want ends up as "it was not terrible". Especially when everyone admits that most of the movie feels calculated and not sincere.

Like not even the reviews of this movie are entertaining, which is what I was hoping for.
A lot of the movie sounds as bad as or worse than fan4stic, including wanting to be Chronicle and being based on a campy source material not many people actually want to see adapted.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

A lot of the movie sounds as bad as or worse than fan4stic

I can think of maybe...one or two films I've seen in the last 2 years that I'd consider as bad as Fant4stic, one of them being BVS. Genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen in my life.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did Mike appreciate the fact that Power Rangers only had action in the last ten minutes because it meant the rest of the movie wasn't too loud?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

The name F4ntastic is like the movie F4ntastic. It doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it FFFfournastic? Is it a horror movie? Is it Fourantastic? Forfantastic? Is it a cape flick?

• Locked thread