Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

AnacondaHL posted:

https://youtu.be/K55ywJ_wD64?t=3m8s + this episode, in a mashup, tia Internet

Sometimes if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself.

Japari Park (1993) - The Attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I'm watching the Ep. 1-11 marathon on Nico. It's on 5 now. Sure is... something: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv290032333

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
196k views, 1.3million comments and region locked. drat.

I'll just watch this again instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GC2eRV1JTI

.Clash fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 25, 2017

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Apparently the producer was doing some commentary on the marathon? He mentioned the 4 Gods are in this scene:

Which I guess is referring to the Sandstar glows? (3 to the left of Kaban, one to the right of Serval) Not sure if it will have any bearing on anything but that's kind of interesting, I wondered what was up with those.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
OC

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AnacondaHL posted:

The ending cut to the credits wow.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I've heard that the BRs for Kemono Friends are actually cheaper than standard, and come with a 40 page book, compared to the 8 ~ 16 pages other anime BRs usually come with.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2052121

If you look here, it's 3500 yen, which is almost half the price of general BRs, which are around 6000 to 7000 yen.

I like this that they're making every effort.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah so apparently it was Yoshizaki on the stream? He mentioned a couple of other things. Thanks to some 4chan anon for translating his comments:

-The sofa shown when they took a break is from a Japari Bus
-The scream in episode 1 IS a Friend getting eaten by a Cerulean. :smith: At least we know they don't outright die...
-Current Japari Bus is the newest model that is controllable by boss
-Sandstar prevents deterioration. Since a lot of things have deteriorated significantly I wonder if this means more time has passed than we think.
-Clothes can come off if the Friends consciously wish to do so, otherwise it remains more of an animal-like function? Kinda odd but might explain why they didn't think about it until Kaban pointed it out.

Also there's a pastebin going around that has some interesting spoilers from the guidebook at the bottom. Nothing SUPER crazy, mostly just confirming what a lot of people were theorizing.

edit: Also apparently the 4 Gods were just the mountain in the background in that pic I posted earlier :v:

cathead fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 25, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

The ending cut to the credits wow.

Despite all the cuts I made, the timing on that ending sequence was kept in tact from the source because it's already perfect :shobon:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Very good yes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

cathead posted:

-Clothes can come off if the Friends consciously wish to do so, otherwise it remains more of an animal-like function? Kinda odd but might explain why they didn't think about it until Kaban pointed it out.

This is because they really wanted the joke about not realizing they can get naked but then having to explain the fridge logic of how do they avoid pooping their pants which probably occurred to them right afterwards. :D

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just caught up on the last couple eps :ohdear:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Just caught up on the last couple eps :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/Aiobahn/status/845676056522604544

:same:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It was nice, having money for once.

https://twitter.com/MXF_official/status/845440617958166528

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ep 11 spoilers

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

cathead posted:

I've been thinking of the Friends less as humans and more as androids/bioroids. They essentially seem to be timeless/immortal, and don't need to hunt and eat (much). They seem to be acting out biological needs rather than driven by them, hence the surprise that the clothes come off. They're mostly stuck adhering to their 'animal-like' programming and repeating loops, although that seems to break occasionally. They're sentient enough to work around it (the owls and their 'We can't use tools because we're owls, but YOU can so cook for us!' routine), and sometimes just seem to defy programming altogether, like Alpaca & her coffee-shop. They're programmed to fear fire, but the bear was like 'Eh, whatevs'.

In any other show I'd consider that above paragraph to be EXTREME OVERREACH and worthy of mockery but things seem to be moving in a very Urobuchi/Yoko Taro direction right now, so it's plausible, no?

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 27, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dominic White posted:

but things seem to be moving in a very Urobuchi/Yoko Taro direction right now, so it's plausible, no?

well, when it comes to those two everyone is human anyway, allegorically speaking, so were it the case there'd be no functional reason to fret the little differences that exist to enable the setting.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Oh god what if this show is the moe version of Westworld?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dominic White posted:

They're programmed to fear fire, but the bear was like 'Eh, whatevs'.

Not to poo poo all over your theory, but I'm p sure this was just a nod to the notion that bears don't show the typical wild animal fear to fire, and have sometimes been documented investigating forest fires and being curious about them.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I think this is quite Yoko Taro already, having learned of the events of Automata. Give that man a high quality high budget anime team, should he ever ask for it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Raenir Salazar posted:

Oh god what if this show is the moe version of Westworld?

Nah, it's season three of Big O.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

AnacondaHL posted:

Not to poo poo all over your theory, but I'm p sure this was just a nod to the notion that bears don't show the typical wild animal fear to fire, and have sometimes been documented investigating forest fires and being curious about them.

When I went camping the conventional wisdom was while most animals won't go near a campfire, bears were the exception. They will happily go into your camp to get at improperly secured food under any circumstance, which is why you need to take pains storing food while camping. So Bear not being afraid of fire at all is the same as Beaver knowing instinctively how to build thing, an amplification of an animal trait.

Throwing my theory in that Kaban is Friend and not an Amnesiac. Some human remains were hit by Sandstar and she popped up fully formed, with knowledge and skills and no history. Her confusion over all of this is because she is Human and what trait is more Human than asking who am I and what does it mean to be Human?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

True, that bit was stretching a little.

But still, the owls/tools/etc thing strikes me as interesting - they're physically able to, but something tells them that they just can't. Anyhow, possibly overthinking it, but there's definitely more to this show than it initially seemed.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Denim Avenger posted:

When I went camping the conventional wisdom was while most animals won't go near a campfire, bears were the exception. They will happily go into your camp to get at improperly secured food under any circumstance, which is why you need to take pains storing food while camping. So Bear not being afraid of fire at all is the same as Beaver knowing instinctively how to build thing, an amplification of an animal trait.

Throwing my theory in that Kaban is Friend and not an Amnesiac. Some human remains were hit by Sandstar and she popped up fully formed, with knowledge and skills and no history. Her confusion over all of this is because she is Human and what trait is more Human than asking who am I and what does it mean to be Human?

You are a Friend who is good at being really good at literary analysis!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
her origin's in the guidebook cathead posted fwiw. the show could reveal it but I can't imagine supplementary information would just casually drop something that's worth being preserved before the final ep

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 27, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/maullarmaullar/status/846055555617587200

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah I was going to wait until the last episode aired to discuss the guidebook stuff further, just to see how much of it factors in to the ending.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/fumo7010/status/846498402275803137

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:rip:

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Haha, that's brilliant! I can only imagine the look of joy and confusion on the cleaning lady's face when she sees this.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
https://twitter.com/mitsumotocs/status/846337468077027328

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
GSC have already put the nendoroid of Serval up for preorder, even though she is still only in the prototype phase.
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6339/Nendoroid+Serval.html

Unusual for them, perhaps they are scared of the fandom evaporating once the series is done with? Not exactly an unfounded fear, given the mercurial nature of fandom.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm going to guess that + they're trying to take advantage of bottled-up demand. There's literally nothing kemofure for sale on the shelves right now, so anything, even a preorder, might get fans jumping at it. They're probably going to try to rush this thing through production faster than any nendo's ever gone before.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 28, 2017

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
as it turns out, shoebills can be great.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Has there been any discourse on how the heck they keep producing Japari Buns?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

MJP posted:

In the cooking/library episode I think they mentioned taking some produce from the farms supplying the Japari Bun factory. So probably a fully automated hydroponics growing operation feeding into an automated processing line.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Soylent green Japari buns is people Friends!

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It's people :tinfoil:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:argh:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

MJP posted:

The Lucky Beasts are clearly still functioning, and since they appear to be managing the growing of crops/produce and manufacture of Japari Buns, I don't know why they'd stop. It's a self-sufficient system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dang

https://twitter.com/punamonia/status/846756270136705024