Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, that explains why fire Gazzelle is so powerful. When I looked it up on the wiki the power looked like it just gave +1 priority to priority moves, not a ridiculous power boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MightyPretenders posted:

It has a base power of 100, and accuracy of 99.96%. That's all it needs to be.

That accuracy is only a Gen 1 thing. Ever since, its 100% accurate (like most moves) unless there is a modifier in effect like sand attack giving you accuracy down or double team increasing the opponent's evasion.

In Gen 1 everything but Swift had at least a 1/256 chance to miss but they thankfully dropped that.

Zore fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 27, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

1stGear posted:

As someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Gen1, why is Earthquake the most important move in the universe?

100 Base damage with 100 accuracy and it's usable by pretty much anything that would want it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The other thing is that Ground is a very good attacking type, as it hits a few key types super effectively. Only type really walls it (Flying.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

also lol at the priority spam you are about to initiate, i really like the 130 attack gale wings bug

In any other context I would assume "130 attack gale wings bug" referred to a programming or data error that accidentally let you get gale wings on a 130 base attack mon because lol who would do that on purpose

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Shiva Asori posted:

Worst part is that Inflagetah has a mega form for even more power (145 atk) and speed (175), as if it needed it...

Honestly, that almost seems like a waste of a mega evolution: base 175 speed is completely goddamn absurd, but even pre-mega evolution you already outspeed everything but yourself anyways and your main STAB is ~BP100 Fire-type Extreme Speed before STAB. Better to just slap a Life Orb on it instead for even more firepower and go to town on everything outside of bulky waters while saving the Mega to make something else overpowered.

As a reminder by the way: STAB Extreme Speed in the actual games is only available on Linoone from an event (note that Linoone is trash even with it), Smeargle (since it learns every move; note the non-existent ATK stat of Smeargle makes it useless), and Arceus (an event legendary best described as God and not remotely balanced in any way whatsoever). That is still weaker than what is present here.

Inflagetah may actually have a stronger priority move than anything in the actual Pokemon games.

...does anything in Uranium have access to Drought?

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

snip

130 base attack with Gale Wings, you know, because Talonflame wasn't a big enough deal with 84. +1 Priority Air Slash with a decent special attack. What about its other moves? STAB U-turn, Knock Off, Drill Run, Dragon Dance, Gunk Shot, Sticky Web, Tailwind, it just has a million moves, gently caress you.

Just, two big mean priority spammers in one update, with way too big movepools.

gently caress.
snip

What the gently caress is that garbage; I don't remember seeing it in the TieTuesday playthrough at all and it's also completely busted.

Worth noting for those without knowledge: in actual Pokemon, the Gen 7 games (Sun and Moon) nerfed Gale Wings to only work if you were at 100% HP. This was considered completely justifiable because Talonflame was bullshit even with it's pathetic base attack stat. Gen 6!Gale Wings on something with Base 130 ATK is just ridiculous.

What's the strongest physical flying move it gets access to anyways? If it doesn't have anything stronger than Wing Attack it's probably actually not that broken, if it learns Brave Bird then thank god it's Bug/Flying and thus dies to basically everything anyways.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well an attack stat of 145 actually barely out-damages a Life Orb coming off 100 attack (By like 1 or 2 points) but you don't eat the 10% HP penalty. Though Choice Band outclasses that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Straight White Shark posted:

In any other context I would assume "130 attack gale wings bug" referred to a programming or data error that accidentally let you get gale wings on a 130 base attack mon because lol who would do that on purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_6CZ2JaEuc

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well an attack stat of 145 actually barely out-damages a Life Orb coming off 100 attack (By like 1 or 2 points) but you don't eat the 10% HP penalty. Though Choice Band outclasses that.

Oh.

In that case, the Mega has more of an appeal, although I would still rather save the Mega for something else. It already learns Swords Dance anyways.

...Why am I discussing Pokemon Uranium as if it had any competitive merit in it at all?

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

the Orb of Zot posted:

...does anything in Uranium have access to Drought?

What's the strongest physical flying move it gets access to anyways? If it doesn't have anything stronger than Wing Attack it's probably actually not that broken, if it learns Brave Bird then thank god it's Bug/Flying and thus dies to basically everything anyways.

mega fire starter gets drought.

harptera gets acrobatics and sky attack.

Shiva Asori fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 27, 2017

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Shiva Asori posted:

it gets acrobatics and sky attack.

Sky Attack sucks thanks to the charge turn, so Acrobatics it is.

Are the type gems from Gen 5 present in this game? Sky Gem Acrobatics with priority sounds like the exact sort of stupidity that would never exist in an actual Pokemon game but be allowed here.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Sky Gem Acrobatics did exist in the real game at one time tho, it was even good

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
X Gems were the prototype to Z-Crystals. Think about it.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

the Orb of Zot posted:

...Why am I discussing Pokemon Uranium as if it had any competitive merit in it at all?

Stare into the abyss, Onion Kid (who dwells in the abyss) stares back

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Bogart posted:

X Gems were the prototype to Z-Crystals. Think about it.

Speaking of, why is it that Crystals will form change Arceus but not Sylvaly?

Also why is Arceus in my phone's dictionary?

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010
probably the most frightening thing is that there's a pokemon more busted then that harptera..

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
The most frightening thing is knowing any game-breaking combinations you find are likely to be used against you at some point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hawluchaaaaaa! (I named mine Tomahawk.)

Regardless of how rad it was, it wasn't priority.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Y'know, I feel something as slender and nimble looking as Inflagetah shouldn't be able to learn Earthquake.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Hawluchaaaaaa! (I named mine Tomahawk.)

Regardless of how rad it was, it wasn't priority.

oh yeah, i guess that is a pretty big thing huh

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

dungeon cousin posted:

Y'know, I feel something as slender and nimble looking as Inflagetah shouldn't be able to learn Earthquake.

It's not Earthquake, it's a move being compared to Earthquake because it's so powerful, and then adding that it has Extremespeed priority.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

It's not Earthquake, it's a move being compared to Earthquake because it's so powerful, and then adding that it has Extremespeed priority.

No, it learns Earthquake as well.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

ZeroCount posted:

No, it learns Earthquake as well.

Can it do my dishes too?

I mean, I don't think there's any other bases to cover.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Sky Gem Acrobatics is nothing compared to the horror that is Archeops Acrobatics.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Moxie and 565 BST means that Harptera is basically an Ultra Beast. It doesn't even need Gale Wings with that speed

It has a higher BST than any real Pokémon that's not a (pseudo)legendary or Slaking. It evolves when you get it.

Waterfall of Salt fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 27, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Moxie and 565 BST means that Harptera is basically an Ultra Beast. It doesn't even need Gale Wings with that speed

Gale Wings Is The Less Broken Ability Choice - Let's Play Pokemon Uranium

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010
Harptera has the highest BST of all flying types in uranium (and not bug types).

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Waterfall of Salt posted:

It has a higher BST than any real Pokémon that's not a (pseudo)legendary or Slaking.

Okay, so, Arcanine has a BST of 555, and that's the highest most things get. Legendary Pokemon, or the 600-bst psudeo-legendaries, or things with drawback abilities like Archeops and Slaking are the only things higher than Arcanine.

There's a thing in Uranium with 590. A different thing has 560. Inflagetah and Electruxo are at 555. Four things are at 550, kinda pushing it, aren't we?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Admittedly, Blaze Black/Volt White did a pretty interesting job of normalizing everything into "what if all Pokemon were equally viable in an endgame environment", and that hosed with both distribution (there are something like twelve Pokemon available on Route 1 alone) and difficulty curve, but at least there was a unifying design goal. I don't think Uranium has a unifying anything, except for our shared disdain for it.

Fake Edit Also, turning Farfetch'd into a legitimate Samurai Bird is pretty great. BST 523 with Sacred Sword. :swoon: (And Defeatist, but hey, gotta balance it somehow.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
all the pokemon designs are uggo :(

also I tried the Blaze Black/Volt White and it ended being very grindy. They did change Emboar to ground/fire and buff Beartic/Klang so I can appreciate that.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Okay, so, Arcanine has a BST of 555, and that's the highest most things get. Legendary Pokemon, or the 600-bst psudeo-legendaries, or things with drawback abilities like Archeops and Slaking are the only things higher than Arcanine.

Worth noting is that Archeops has only 2 higher BST than Harptera despite the drawback ability. While Gen 4-6 in general has some BST creep there still haven't been anyone getting past Arcanine (Florges is the closest at 552) unscathed. Notably, 12 of Gen 7s new legendaries is only at 570, 5 points higher than Harptera

Waterfall of Salt fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 27, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, the snek appeared.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

So beautiful

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

snek is the second-best part of uranium's nonsense

(The best will not show up for a while, sadly, and the best name is only a bit sooner.)

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

That's just the number six

theGrooseofLegend posted:

I was looking through the sage wiki to look at all the other amazing pokemon designs and found something pretty funny. Now granted, the devs said they are reworking this ability.

Meet this guy:

This is his original ability:

He learns Reversal

This is what happens when someone play tests a thing!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

McDragon posted:

kens is so cute :3: hes like "hay :v:"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Man. I must have played some kind of outdated version.
Because yeah, the game was pretty bullshit at points, but I certainly didn't need THESE shitkickers to get through it.
I didn't even know Inflategah and whatever that bug was existed.
And I didn't have my own MEGAWEAPON.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Man. I must have played some kind of outdated version.
Because yeah, the game was pretty bullshit at points, but I certainly didn't need THESE shitkickers to get through it.

You must not be familiar with OrangeFluffySheep's MO. It's not a question of need.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

No, but I think it confirms a lot of what I was thinking.
ie, I played a different version than OFS is playing.

(which I guess I could have figured out by looking at the OP and comparing it to my version)

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You forgot one thing in that analysis.

Arcanine is legendary.

• Locked thread