Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Eden has new hairstyles, there's a new option to add charge shot bars, for two things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

xanthan posted:

Any info on what mods went in?

No idea what they do, but those are all the new items, maybe?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Black hole sucked everything to it and did damage or something and fast bombs reduces the time between bomb placing to nothing.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's more, they added trinkets and cards, too.

Wiki page with all the additions.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 24, 2017

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Black Hole's sound effect is Super Fatty's barf sound played at half speed?
That's... clever use of resourses?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haha according to that wiki Fast Bombs are in no item pools at the moment so the only way to get them is for Eden to start with them.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

People are reporting finding Fast Bombs in-game so whoever made that edit might just be wrong.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Yeah I'm watching streams and it definitely drops

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Lil delirium is randomly changing through the list of good followers, in devil pool. Includes pretty much all cool familiars, no boring ones. Totally worth.

I think friend in a box does nothing until either cathedral or chest, didn't do much for me in the void. Would skip, it's in shop pool.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

flyboi posted:

Oh and Greed can spawn at any point in Greed mode. That was really "fun" having 4 Greed on the regular waves on Basement.
It happens incredibly often, as my first four runs with Cain on the Switch version ended because whoops you don't have the damage to deal with literally three Greeds.

Greed was fine prior to AB+, I don't get why they feel the need to add unfair bullshit to it. I guess now I have to just restart until I get a high damage item in the first room.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Booster #1 features the following!

Items:

Lil Delerium by Scayze & Ashkait

Sprinkler by Kieran & Stewartisme

Buddy in a Box by Scayze & Ashkait

Black Hole by Custom Phase

Broken Modem by Freeze

Angry Fly by Custom Phase

Mystery Gift by Mills

Bozo by Electoon

Fast Bombs! by Edmund

Trinkets:

Hairpin by Zarat.us

Wooden Cross by Mills & ep

Butter! by Florian Himsl & Edmund

Extras:

a few new magical cards by JOHN MADDEN (of all people!)

a few new hair styles for Eden by Niche Hobby Robot

optional charge bars by Wofsauge

new dice room visual cues by Wofsauge & Edmund

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Of course all the new cards are MTG references

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Wow. I was playing a run yesterday blowing up rocks and thinking: "Man I would love an item that reduces cooldown of these bombs."

Should've wished for a trillion euros instead.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Lil Delirium is a nice idea/ passive item but is it's icon different from Delirious? I couldn't tell when I picked it up...

I got most of the new items in a sort of a breaking Isaac run. I got bored rerolling at some point so I still have to find angry fly.

Sprinkler seemed ok. I think I saw this on some youtube video being showcased before. When I got it I had ipecac and host hat, so there were explosions all over the place for a while, but didn't hurt me. Probably would have if I didn't have host hat.

Black Hole also seemed like it could be fun. Mystery Gift was nice, spawning an extra item.

The rest of the items, I couldn't tell what they did or when they were affecting things in the middle of a quite an overpowered run.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since these won't show up right away on the Switch version (probably with the initial bugfix and fixing the lack of quick start), are these optional or they just automatically added to the game? These do sound pretty cool through.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Rirse posted:

Since these won't show up right away on the Switch version (probably with the initial bugfix and fixing the lack of quick start), are these optional or they just automatically added to the game? These do sound pretty cool through.

Automatically added to the base game. Although the charge bar is an optional QoL improvement.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wish someone at Nicalis would say when the switch version is coming to the UK. How are they this incompetent so much??

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Martian Manfucker posted:

Automatically added to the base game. Although the charge bar is an optional QoL improvement.

Okay cool. I really want that charge bar change since it sometimes hard to see when it's ready for Azrael or I got hit by "one makes you smaller".

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Martian Manfucker posted:

By base game you mean AB+ or do us holdouts still get things?

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 24, 2017

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Modem is basically a better stopwatch and it's in the shop pool. It randomly stops enemies and projectiles for a second.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Oh, they fixed the crooked penny exploit/bug with the empty pedestals! drat, I only found out about it the other day and today I gave up D6 to try it and well... it didn't work out.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
Is there any way to cheat more Eden tokens without knowing anything about cheat engine or the save file editor? Neither of them currently add Eden tokens.

I just want more Eden!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

The Modem is basically a better stopwatch and it's in the shop pool. It randomly stops enemies and projectiles for a second.

Uh how is randomly stopping some enemies for a second better than slowing the whole room permanently?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I figured I might as well try and do some greedier mode runs and finish my post its, and noticed something really dumb: There's no icon on screen for if you're in a greedier mode run as opposed to greed mode, like there is when you do a hard mode run instead of normal. This probably isn't a problem for most people but I mostly play this game drunk while listening to podcasts at this point and I really appreciated the hard mode icon while filling out those runs for if I ever forgot halfway through or when picking up a run I did another day.

MussoliniB posted:

Is there any way to cheat more Eden tokens without knowing anything about cheat engine or the save file editor? Neither of them currently add Eden tokens.

I just want more Eden!

You absolutely can use Cheat Engine. I did it myself a year or two ago, and I barely know anything about the program besides when someone here I think explained this to me. It's super easy and I recommend everybody do it because Eden tokens are a neat idea right up until you run out and are faced with building up a stock again.

• Start BoI. Open up Cheat Engine, and click the computer icon under file to open isaac-ng.exe.
  • Highlight Eden on the character select screen and take note of how many Eden tokens you have.
  • Alt tab back to Cheat Engine and enter your current number of tokens in the "Value:" box, then hit First Scan. You shouldn't need to change any other options or anything.
  • Start a new Eden run and quit out. Go back to Cheat Engine and enter your new Eden token total in the Value box. Hit the Next Scan button.
  • If there are more than one result/address in the left pane, repeat the previous two steps until there's only one left. If there's only one, double click it to move it to the bottom pane.
  • Once you have it in the bottom pane, double click the number under Value and it'll bring up an edit box. Put in however many tokens you want. I don't know if there's any logic checking or failsafes, but mine currently has 600 tokens so you can safely give yourself anything in the triple digits and be fine.
  • Click the Active box on the side after you finish entering your desired amount.

Alt tab back to the game and you should have however many tokens you entered in Cheat Engine. Congratulations! You've done the basics of making a cheat code. Go ahead and close Cheat Engine and never have to worry about tokens running out locking you out of Eden again. I just did it myself to double check while writing this, so it should be fine.

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 25, 2017

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

RatHat posted:

Uh how is randomly stopping some enemies for a second better than slowing the whole room permanently?

You don't need to be hit to trigger the effect, and you can avoid some of the weird issues with slow time, like never being able to hit Scolex or certain bosses going nuts.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Hey guys just got a couple of questions so far. For a transformation to happen, do I need to hold all the items or is touching an item and then dropping it fine? Also, how the heck do I get to the blue womb, I've beaten mom's heart more than 10 times and have made it there under 30 minutes a few times but I haven't seen any way to get into the blue womb?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lambskin posted:

Hey guys just got a couple of questions so far. For a transformation to happen, do I need to hold all the items or is touching an item and then dropping it fine? Also, how the heck do I get to the blue womb, I've beaten mom's heart more than 10 times and have made it there under 30 minutes a few times but I haven't seen any way to get into the blue womb?

Touching them is enough. Maybe get the Polaroid?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

lambskin posted:

Also, how the heck do I get to the blue womb, I've beaten mom's heart more than 10 times and have made it there under 30 minutes a few times but I haven't seen any way to get into the blue womb?

Did you get the popup for unlocking Blue Womb? Maybe it didn't count some of those Mom's heart kills for whatever reason (?)

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I can't find it in my secrets, but I did unlock ??? which I think has the same requirements for unlocking blue womb.
EDIT: this is on ps4 btw

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
That feeling doing solar system and dying to the heart with a sliver of health left :sigh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While the run had a hilarious ending due to brimestone + cursed eye + mom's knife, which is just me throwing one thousand knives at people until they die, it was the most dull visit to the chest in terms of items due to accidently using Gulp on the left hand and then on a curse of the blind, getting Guppy's tail.

Visiting the chest and getting nothing but red chests is so sad. :smith:

[edit]

Also man Polyphemus and Booger Shot is a hilarious combo. I got them in my game as Judas along with Money is Power. I got to Hush and he died in about 40 seconds, as they were just stuck to him while doing full power constantly. Killed Delirious too, but since he warps around, didn't cheesed to death.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 27, 2017

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
finally finally finally beat delirium as the keeper. never again will i play as the keeper.

just need the daily challenge achievements and the five wins five characters one now to 100% ab+. playing a normal game with a character with a real health bar makes the game fun!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lambskin posted:

Wait do you actually have afterbirth or just rebirth? blue womb is AB only.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Playing a bit on the Switch and I can say there is definite slowdown. I had brimstone (I didn't realise it was in the regular boss table) and Tammy's head. Those were the only two visual items and every time I used Tammy's head there was significant slowdown lol. I can't imagine what multiple victory laps will be like.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

the popular kids posted:

Playing a bit on the Switch and I can say there is definite slowdown. I had brimstone (I didn't realise it was in the regular boss table) and Tammy's head. Those were the only two visual items and every time I used Tammy's head there was significant slowdown lol. I can't imagine what multiple victory laps will be like.

Victory Lap won't let you keep all the items you got, so you probably lose Brimstone or Tammy Head after the first or second one. My first victory lap had a really broken combo that did the slowdown, but victory lap on the next one deleted parts of it and lost the slowdown.

I imagine we probably get a patch soon to get rid of most of the slowdown while also probably adding the first booster pack to the game.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Are you able to see the Daily Run score list? Mine crashes everytime I finish a daily run.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
NRMR DRKK was the seed I had when I finally got my Hard Mode Mega Satan kill with The Keeper. First floor was Poly in the item room and Magic Mush off the boss. I bombed the item room machine on floor 2 for Proptosis. 61 damage before leaving the Basement stages. I picked up Infamy (lots of reroll machine bombing), both halves of the key (the Angel Rooms give a fat lot of nothing), the Stopwatch, Endless Nameless with a Strength card that kept proccing, and Sad Bombs from Mr. Fred in the Void, as the portal spawned after I killed Mega Satan.

Delirium teleported onto me and I died.

gently caress this game.

So I guess the sick, sweet strat for beating him on Lost and Keeper is 'sit and hold R until the spawn room has the item room in it and that item room has Gnawed Leaf, then hope you get something that passively causes damage.' Delirium was moving in slow motion because of the Stopwatch triggering but it didn't god drat matter because he still teleports directly on top of you. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you're moving. There doesn't seem to be any safe spots to stand to avoid it. You have to loving gimmick kill him or have a method to tank his unavoidable bullshit damage. Yeah, he's better than he was at release. That doesn't say a whole hell of a lot. Just... fuckin' remove his ability to teleport! There! I've solved the problem! He'd still be hard because it's still a bullet hell boss, he just couldn't gently caress you over unfairly.

Time to reset for a whole day, I guess. Woo, good game design.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Yeah, Delirium still sucks and it's puzzling that they didn't issue any fixes for it in the latest patch / booster pack.

You pretty much have to accept that you are going to get hit against it, unless you are very lucky or have insane damage that melts it in seconds.

A good "strategy" with Lost is probably to there with good damage, Card Deck + (1 or 2) Algiz + Tarot Cloth (+ maybe Blank Card + Rune Bag). And these are not as rare as Gnaw leaf (or as boring).

Same with the Keeper. Although Keeper can also benefit from Greed's Gullet (to gain more than two slots of health), and swallowed penny (so that he can regain health if he manages to reach the spawned coin after getting hit). Nun's Habit + Broken Penny could also be useful for him, as would the Lucky Rock trinket and Stop Watch.

Also, it's sort of easy to "break" the game or become overpowered with the Keeper with Lucky Rock and Restock and Blank Card (+Jera or Perthro) or by abusing the Blood Donation machines. But that would take time, and you'll probably then would have to get to the Hush via Moma Mega (abandoning the Broken Penny)* or by plain luck of a spawned portal).

* Btw Moma Mega works for opening the Hush portal (or the Boss Rush) beyond the time limits, but if you leave the boss room (Mom's foot/ Mom's heart/ It Lives! ) the portal will go away. However, there is maybe a weird (random?) glitch, because when I had that happen to me once with It Lives!, the Moma Mega re-appeared as my active item and I was able to re-use it.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

the popular kids posted:

Are you able to see the Daily Run score list? Mine crashes everytime I finish a daily run.

Greedbutt shows all your daily scores

If you don't have AB+, here's the AB version

If your game crashes it might give you a 0 score, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

ChibiSoma posted:

NRMR DRKK was the seed I had when I finally got my Hard Mode Mega Satan kill with The Keeper. First floor was Poly in the item room and Magic Mush off the boss. I bombed the item room machine on floor 2 for Proptosis. 61 damage before leaving the Basement stages. I picked up Infamy (lots of reroll machine bombing), both halves of the key (the Angel Rooms give a fat lot of nothing), the Stopwatch, Endless Nameless with a Strength card that kept proccing, and Sad Bombs from Mr. Fred in the Void, as the portal spawned after I killed Mega Satan.

Delirium teleported onto me and I died.

gently caress this game.

So I guess the sick, sweet strat for beating him on Lost and Keeper is 'sit and hold R until the spawn room has the item room in it and that item room has Gnawed Leaf, then hope you get something that passively causes damage.' Delirium was moving in slow motion because of the Stopwatch triggering but it didn't god drat matter because he still teleports directly on top of you. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you're moving. There doesn't seem to be any safe spots to stand to avoid it. You have to loving gimmick kill him or have a method to tank his unavoidable bullshit damage. Yeah, he's better than he was at release. That doesn't say a whole hell of a lot. Just... fuckin' remove his ability to teleport! There! I've solved the problem! He'd still be hard because it's still a bullet hell boss, he just couldn't gently caress you over unfairly.

Time to reset for a whole day, I guess. Woo, good game design.

Instead of resetting a zillion times just use cheat engine to give you infinite HP and be done with it.