Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

aBagorn posted:

Lena and Kara have better chemistry :colbert:

Speaking of, expect Lena to stick around as Katie McGrath has been bumped up to series regular for season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Speaking of, expect Lena to stick around as Katie McGrath has been bumped up to series regular for season 3.

This is the happiest news.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Aleph Null posted:

They do have amazing chemistry. The best chemistry of any CWDC couple to be honest.

You're crazy.

muscles like this! posted:

:neckbeard:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Reciprocated in a later episode.

EDIT: Also in that episode and equally as mesmerizing:

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 25, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I would not put it past the writers to make that a thing from here on out.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

aBagorn posted:

Lena and Kara have better chemistry :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Someone find a way to have Kara share a scene with Mon-El, Lena, Barry, and sugary foodstocks and see which one she has the most adorable chemistry with. I think it'll be a 4-way tie, not gonna lie.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

It would have been very easy to cut a trailer that made it look like Lena was the main romantic interest.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

kjetting posted:

It would have been very easy to cut a trailer that made it look like Lena was the main romantic interest.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm sure someone's already done just that.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
after watching it, why does Ward have the healthiest relationship in the entire arrowverse?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Because it's the CW

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone find a way to have Kara share a scene with Mon-El, Lena, Barry, and sugary foodstocks and see which one she has the most adorable chemistry with. I think it'll be a 4-way tie, not gonna lie.

Here is two of those 4 things with Kara

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

:swoon: :swoon:

Mon El and Barry can't compete

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

aBagorn posted:

:swoon: :swoon:

Mon El and Barry can't compete

Let's see them make out and then decide.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Let's see them make out and then decide.

I'd watch that

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

But then the writers would have to throw some Cadmus drama in there to tear them apart.

"How could I not see it?! Lena...you're MY kryptonite..."

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked the Daxamites in this week's episode. I was afraid they were going to start an invasion or something but they had the sense to focus on rebuilding instead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xealot posted:

But then the writers would have to throw some Cadmus drama in there to tear them apart.

"How could I not see it?! Lena...you're MY kryptonite..."

That's when Mon-El wanders in, "You know, on Daxam, we had these things called 'three-ways'... Did you maybe wanna :buddy:"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

That's when Mon-El wanders in, "You know, on Daxam, we had these things called 'three-ways'... Did you maybe wanna :buddy:"

Then Kara whips out the ice cream tub and she and Lena walk away from him.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

What fanfic hath this thread wrought upon us :allbuttons:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

They do have amazing chemistry. The best chemistry of any CWDC couple to be honest.

Sara Lance: Time Lesbian + historical women :colbert:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

twistedmentat posted:

If the writers make them a couple in the show I swear to start watching the commercials during it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just noticed that Pizza is Hawaiian, good enough for Supergirl and Lena Luther good enough for the rest of us.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Lena is an alien confirmed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

Lena is an alien confirmed.

weird to put in a backdoor GL appearance using a Star Sapphire but whatever it takes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll keep saying it until they do it, but they should do Red Daughter of Krypton at some point.

Though the catalyst for it should be more than Kara telling Kal "You're not my Dad!!!". Though I'd hate to see the shows budget for FX tackle Atrocitus. Bleez and Rankor would probably be fine though. CGI Dex-Starr would probably just be hilariously bad.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bobby Digital posted:

Sara Lance: Time Lesbian + historical women :colbert:

Yeah. She does bring the sexual tension, doesn't she?

And, actually, she is bisexual. But Time Lesbian rolls off the tongue better.

Edit:

twistedmentat posted:

I'll keep saying it until they do it, but they should do Red Daughter of Krypton at some point.

Though the catalyst for it should be more than Kara telling Kal "You're not my Dad!!!". Though I'd hate to see the shows budget for FX tackle Atrocitus. Bleez and Rankor would probably be fine though. CGI Dex-Starr would probably just be hilariously bad.

Wait, what? Kara was a Red Lantern? Where did her rage come from?
(favorite Red Lantern - alley cat)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aleph Null posted:

Yeah. She does bring the sexual tension, doesn't she?

Edit:

Yup

If I remember correctly, her Rage came from her suvivors guilt (unlike Kal, she remembers Krypton and all those people who died) and her being controlled, told what to do and never having true freedom from Kal or anyone else just bubbled up and then Kara Zor-El, you have great rage in your heart, welcome to the Red Lantern Corp. Then it was all HRRRRRRRGHHH!!!!! RAGE KILL DESTROY!!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aleph Null posted:

"Red Son of Krypton" is some alternate universe story where Superman lands in Russia and helps the Soviet Union win the Cold War, or something.

edit: Huh, my bad. I got the wrong reference.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

"Red Son of Krypton" is some alternate universe story where Superman lands in Russia and helps the Soviet Union win the Cold War, or something.

edit: Huh, my bad. I got the wrong reference.

Red Son is a great story where Superman lands in the Ukraine and is raised by Stalin, so he is a communist and USSR #1 is his mantra, but he cannot stop helping people so he still is the worlds greatest hero. The US constantly goes to war with the USSR but Superman stops them constantly. It also has Russian Batman who is an Anarchist becuase his parents were killed by the state rather than a criminal.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Aleph Null posted:

Lesbian. Ollie was just a beard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

kjetting posted:

Lesbian. Ollie was just a beard.

She also had a thing with Snart in S1 of Legends. And like got with Ollie twice across five or six years separated by the Nyssa relationship and repeatedly expressed some deep feelings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

She also had a thing with Snart in S1 of Legends. And like got with Ollie twice across five or six years separated by the Nyssa relationship and repeatedly expressed some deep feelings.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

^^^
That's art.

twistedmentat posted:

Yup

If I remember correctly, her Rage came from her suvivors guilt (unlike Kal, she remembers Krypton and all those people who died) and her being controlled, told what to do and never having true freedom from Kal or anyone else just bubbled up and then Kara Zor-El, you have great rage in your heart, welcome to the Red Lantern Corp. Then it was all HRRRRRRRGHHH!!!!! RAGE KILL DESTROY!!!!

Kara being mad at the universe over the loss of Krypton was the only clever idea in the entire conceptualization of Kara's New 52 character, and something the show has toyed with a little too. It's a shame everything else about that comic was so deeply mediocre, and I'm still mad about how lovely that costume design was.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Aleph Null posted:

Let's split the difference: Captain Lance: Timesexual

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senerio posted:

Let's split the difference: Captain Lance: Timesexual

She isn't a Timesexual until she bangs a time displaced version of herself.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
No one cares about Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual :(

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rhyno posted:

She isn't a Timesexual until she bangs a time displaced version of herself.

If a Timesexual is merely one who fucks time, the entire cast qualifies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xealot posted:

If a Timesexual is merely one who fucks time, the entire cast qualifies.

Is it consensual though? Or is that a Timerapist?