Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Haha awesome.

I'll see what I can dig up when I get home - I've got a bunch of spreadsheets I've been working in trying to get a good way to weight stats for a couple of characters. I can tell you off the top of my head that the infinity node isn't affected by diminishing returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lozareth posted:

After all these years I've finally gone full sperg. Got a couple databases together telling the dps of each of a hero's abilities, the percentage of the dps that's ranged/melee/area/physical/energy/mental/etc., and the artifacts that will give the most dps based on that info. Right now I manually weight the dr value of each stat on an item but soon I'll have the database calculating it exactly per item. The only thing holding me back from that is I'm not calculating crit and brutal percentages exactly atm; I know the formula but I'm not sure how to add a hero's archetype bonus like +3% crit chance, Fighting/Infinity node bonuses, and crit chance synergies. Soon I'll also add other gear slots. It's been a nifty thing to play with and remind me to check out items I'd normally overlook. Too bad I can't share it since I built it with a Filemaker Pro version that doesn't let me create an executable.

Top arties for Iron fist and Blade?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lozareth posted:

Trying to find the discrepancy in my crit chance calculation I found that the crit chance infinity node straight adds to crit percent but rounds its bonus to the nearest whole number. So 1.3% in the node is only giving 1% and you get nothing until you've 10 in the node.
That's So Gaz

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

malhavok posted:

Top arties for Iron fist and Blade?

I haven't entered them in the database yet so I'd need an estimate of your build's breakdown of damage percentages between mental/energy/physical and ranged/area/melee/movement/summon.

(Until I have accurate stat weights, it's going to be GoK, EoI, Xbones, and something else or always Demonicus if you use a basic)

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 27, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lozareth posted:

Trying to find the discrepancy in my crit chance calculation I found that the crit chance infinity node straight adds to crit percent but rounds its bonus to the nearest whole number. So 1.3% in the node is only giving 1% and you get nothing until you've 10 in the node.

it's just the display rounding it weird probably

hero synergy crit multiplier % (also that % from Fighting) is simply a multiplier to your CR, add them all up together then multiply your raw CR to get your new CR; eg. a total multiplier of 15% means CR = 1.15 * baseCR

calculate your crit% and brut% from the CR and BR values you get, then just add the flat %s (from Infinity) to the results

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

It's rounding nearest, so it's the 6s, not the 0s you want to target.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

AzraelNewtype posted:

When did you last try? The affix only reset charge based powers when first added, but they fixed it in 2.06.

haha yep tried it when it came out

I guess they fixed it because it does work now :getin:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's rounding nearest, so it's the 6s, not the 0s you want to target.
This is so loving hilarious. Long live Omegas.

e: Brutals work the same way.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it's certainly just a feature of the display window

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

it's certainly just a feature of the display window

The display window shows tenths, so that would take a special brand of stupidity. I'm not saying it's not happening, but I am saying it would take more work to make N.5% show, for instance, 32.3%, while N.6% is showing 33.3%. Also, testing this is difficult but it seems to bear out that the tooltips are actually correct. Rounding the bonus percentage before applying is an easier level of stupid mistake than what you're suggesting.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The display window already does fractions of a percent, so the options are either someone copied and pasted a template line from another node that included a round() when putting together the newly implemented Infinity system, or someone manually added a round() into the character sheet code instead of copying and changing the existing variable lines that would already have been there.

Based on the history of playing this game I'm more inclined to believe the former because it's both more efficient to code that way and more likely to result in these kind of mistakes when you whip together testing code for a node that in the design document is in integers but before live someone redesigns it to be in fractions so that the total cost of maxing it goes up but the individual points still feel achievable and numerically balanced with other nodes.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 27, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Uhh who doesn't have a crit/brut calculator?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LM25sLu_ybFI6NqbAl84huO3dHPih-spVzR34egJQlA

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is there even a cosmic version of edge of infinity?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

malhavok posted:

Is there even a cosmic version of edge of infinity?

No, but if you already have cosmic GoK/Xbones, it's at best trading off 1500 of a defensive rating.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gibbering Madness posted:

PoE is a worse video game than Marvel heroes in every single way.

:goonsay:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Toshimo posted:

No, but if you already have cosmic GoK/Xbones, it's at best trading off 1500 of a defensive rating.

Not for Iron Fist, 15% less spirit use and 10% sig cooldown are must haves.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

malhavok posted:

Not for Iron Fist, 15% less spirit use and 10% sig cooldown are must haves.

You have 4 artifact slots.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Sorry for the hyperbolic statement. PoE is in fact better at simulating movement when one has shat their pants, I have to give it that. BTW did you do the mo-capping for it, or just provide anecdotal evidence from your extensive personal experience in the matter?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Sorry for the hyperbolic statement. PoE is in fact better at simulating movement when one has shat their pants, I have to give it that. BTW did you do the mo-capping for it, or just provide anecdotal evidence from your extensive personal experience in the matter?

what

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

You have poopy pants.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

rrrrekt

gonna need all 5 flasks to heal the status effect from that burn

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

punchymcpunch posted:

rrrrekt

:vince:

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

rrrrekt

The burning is from explosive diarrhea

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The burning is from explosive diarrhea

playing this dumpster fire.

I hear clicker heroes is good while you guys wait for this game to get good again. Same style of game play you're looking for. No challenge and you power up your person.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Holyshoot posted:

playing this dumpster fire.

I hear clicker heroes is good while you guys wait for this game to get good again. Same style of game play you're looking for. No challenge and you power up your person.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

lol if you cant handle mild sauce.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have strong opinions on bad Diablos.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

There are no bad Diablos, only bad players.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Been playing this on the TV recently. Using a controllers works great for combat, but menu navigation is kind of a pain. My biggest problem so far is that the UI, even on the biggest size, is too small to read comfortably from my couch. Is there any way to address this?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Been playing this on the TV recently. Using a controllers works great for combat, but menu navigation is kind of a pain. My biggest problem so far is that the UI, even on the biggest size, is too small to read comfortably from my couch. Is there any way to address this?

don't read text. there's nothing worth reading anyways. particularly guild chat.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Erdricks posted:

don't read text. there's nothing worth reading anyways. particularly guild chat.

the only reason to be in the guild is guild chat

you can enjoy my iron fist/atlas shrugged fan fiction in the motd

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

the only reason to be in the guild is guild chat

you can enjoy my iron fist/atlas shrugged fan fiction in the motd

Personally, my day's not complete without seeing what weirdass thing your mind's come up with today - it always brings warmth to my heart and a confused look to my face!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/space-ghost-coast-to-coast/knifin-around/

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

these burns are about as good as this game

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Come be a full Bad Person and play FFXIV

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Do you guys remember ICR?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
icr's gone, icr went away

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm right here y'all, gee whiz lol.

AP4 brings me outta retirement. And it must have MODOK!!!!!

Edit: I'm waiting on a) life to slow down and b) some additional touch ups that are going to happen in game before I come out of the shade.

ICR fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 29, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
AP4 is the ICR Fetish Pack of Giant rear end Heads. Karnak, MODOK, Uatu, Galactus, and The Leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Uhh yes please. Al Snow is one of my favorite wrestlers so this appeals to me.