Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

How's it going everybody, Bryan Alvarez here with my tag team partner, Ryan "Always looks like he smells something bad" Taylor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/845759356981264384

2 guys who've never heard of each other before take a picture.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dolphin Scout.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dsriggs posted:

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/845759356981264384

2 guys who've never heard of each other before take a picture.

The endless grief that he's taken because of this photo on twitter has been beautiful.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

algebra testes posted:

The endless grief that he's taken because of this photo on twitter has been beautiful.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/845765312439959552

:allears:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i love bryan

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Did I misunderstand in the midst of all the ROH sale talk or did Dave suggest that Anthem is already trying to lease the tape library to WWE?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
"Hey Mr. Marino I watched some old tapes and really appreciated watching your worked HAND offs!"

"What?"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

cronox2 posted:

"Hey Mr. Marino I watched some old tapes and really appreciated watching your worked HAND offs!"

"What?"

Would a flea flicker count as a worked hand off that turned into a shoot? Or a shoot that turned into a work?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GoutPatrol posted:

Would a flea flicker count as a worked hand off that turned into a shoot? Or a shoot that turned into a work?

Flea flicker is a shoot run, that turns into a work when he throws it back to the QB and shows that they were working the team with their shoot and shooted the work into a shoot work, brother.
\

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Pins posted:

First episode of the Edge and Christian podcast came out today and I was entertained by it.

i may check it out, i was huge mark of E&C back in the day to the point i was crying when they won the tag belt at Maina 2000 and they where the first heels i liked knowing their bad guys durring the 2000's as dorks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

algebra testes posted:

:same:
:same:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I decided to bite the bullet and subscribe to the Observer. Other than WOL and WOR, what are the other shows all about? Are any of them especially good and worth listening to?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bryan and Vinny are all good.

After dark is okay if you like SPOOOOOOOOKY stuff too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rotinaj posted:

I decided to bite the bullet and subscribe to the Observer. Other than WOL and WOR, what are the other shows all about? Are any of them especially good and worth listening to?
Figure Four Online is good imo, some people don't like Filthy but I think he's fun to listen to

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rotinaj posted:

Bryan and Vinny is good. Sundays is old wrestling/new WWE PPVs, Tuesday is Raw/Smackdown 19 years ago, Thursday is Granny's Contest and Wrestling Report, current RAW/NXT/another show. It's usually pretty entertaining, but usually really negative on the current product.

Dragon King Karl is great, he's this old southern guy with the most down-home speech pattern, but he's actually really cool and clever. If you like 80s and before wrestling, his main show is worth it. Dragon King Dark can be neat, but the stuff he talks about is kind of old news. (The media is out for themselves and their paycheck, lots of people suck, etc.) He's putting a lot of work into a side site that's just doomed to fail, and that's a pity.

Filthy Four Weekly is good. Filthy Tom is funny, though he's got some bad opinions sometimes. (He doesn't care much for Bray :colbert: )

Wrestling Weekly is sometimes ok. Les Thatcher and whoever his producer is are very Old Man Yells At Cloud about high spots and stuff. It can be interesting though.

Dr. Keith show is bad, don't listen to it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We are four months away from Adam and Mike try to book the G1 and confuse themselves in the process!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dr keith show is like the second or third best actually

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. Keith is cool if you like listening to something that sounds like it was recorded in a windstorm by a bunch of dudes who think their inside jokes are hilarious.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dr. Keith is cool if you like listening to something that sounds like it was recorded in a windstorm by a bunch of dudes who think their inside jokes are hilarious.

rip pisscast

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Karmine posted:

rip pisscast

The audio fidelity on the Pisscast was always pretty good. You could almost always discern the exact contents of the sando that Oatgan was eating right into the mic.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont even think they make jokes on the dr keith show its like one soft spoken british guy having a relaxed conversation with huge but not cringey wrestling nerds

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

After Dark was way better when he had guests and took calls, but that's unlikely to ever happen again since Art Bell quit and the radio network basically designed as a vehicle for him seems to be going through the motions with everybody else they've got.

Anything Karl Stern does is great, I could listen to him talk about stuff all day.

B&V Show and Filthy Four Daily are the best stuff not involving Dave that the site does.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DKP is the best show

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah go back and listen to the Jonestown survivor on After Dark if you want to hear Bryan as an actual radio host.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah go back and listen to the Jonestown survivor on After Dark if you want to hear Bryan as an actual radio host.

That is an utterly fantastic show, I can't recommend it enough.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dont even think they make jokes on the dr keith show its like one soft spoken british guy having a relaxed conversation with huge but not cringey wrestling nerds

hes irish

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Agreed. I don't listen to non Dave shows but the above was FANTASTIC

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The 19 year ago Raw/Nitros have become, as time went on, a complete re-appraisal of how the Attitude Era was and more and more that it wasn't just that WWF had Austin and Rock, but that WCW actively had to try and lose and were doing so, because WWF overall loving sucked so much and was much worse than WCW.

The Headbangers have become a negative meme. Conversely Meng and the Barbarian are retrospectively considered the best tag team of all time that isn't the Steiner Brothers.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
As willing as I am to be entertained by Raven, I'm a tad underwhelmed three weeks into his show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I used to really like After Dark but then I discovered The Higherside Chats which is 100x better if you want more batshit, weirdshit, oddshit and way less Alverez.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Amy Renee posted:

As willing as I am to be entertained by Raven, I'm a tad underwhelmed three weeks into his show.

What about Raven?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I did not like his show.

I will listen to it.

Nevermore.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lid posted:

The 19 year ago Raw/Nitros have become, as time went on, a complete re-appraisal of how the Attitude Era was and more and more that it wasn't just that WWF had Austin and Rock, but that WCW actively had to try and lose and were doing so, because WWF overall loving sucked so much and was much worse than WCW.

The Headbangers have become a negative meme. Conversely Meng and the Barbarian are retrospectively considered the best tag team of all time that isn't the Steiner Brothers.

I was super eager to go through all the attitude era stuff as it got added to the network, and it was a hard lesson that the stuff I thought was amazing when I was 11 actually really sucked. Like seriously, 90% of those Raws are god awful garbage.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/846209128729055232

New Greetings From The Grocery Store is up for Patreon patrons, too.

Coming later in the week: A Patreon-exclusive Quarter Century of Vince Russo show primarily looking at the shenanigans that first made him a hated man in Spring 1992 as well as some notes from his rise to prominence within WWE. You will not want to miss this one, trust me.

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

Lid posted:

The best part is that it's not even like WCW shows at the time were GREAT. They were just average. But MAN the WWF at the time was bad.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave goes on an awesome tangent about the death of Houston wrestling today.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
HER gets a mention in the latest b&v episode

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

algebra testes posted:

I did not like his show.

I will listen to it.

Nevermore.

Raven is an engaging, funny guy, but way too ADD to host a podcast by himself, and Johnny Swinger is a terrible cohost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dsriggs posted:

HER gets a mention in the latest b&v episode

What made HER so bad? I don't think I've heard HER brought up before.

• Locked thread