Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I see retirement had mellowed out Chris Kluwe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

It's a shame that the Bengals and Chargers were as unwatchable as their uniforms were good.

Chargers games were pretty exciting because they always found a way to blow the game in new and interesting ways

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SKULL.GIF posted:

For as much of a huge deal the NFL makes over forcing players to wear the same helmet for every single game in a season, look at these goddamn cleats. There's no way these cleats were broken in and I would loving hate having to play a NFL match in brand-new novelty cleats.

This whole Nike deal, right down to the jersey wet-patches and sweat-guts and the novelty cleats, is such a loving terrible idea.

I think they wear new cleats every week.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kidcoelacanth posted:

Everything about the Jags is an abomination

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jaxson De Ville rules. :colbert:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

fartknocker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41M8abX9Bo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Curious when we trade Landry.

He's been demanding 14 million per season so uh yeah. That's a lot.

Maybe 4/50/28

No way he's traded IMO

He's exactly what Gase wants

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

No way he's traded IMO

He's exactly what Gase wants

I really just don't like paying a dude who doesn't take over games like Julio or Brown

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, he's also retired

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
https://twitter.com/SBNationNFL/status/846360438321360899

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Looks like a backup QB spot just opened up...

*remembers Frank Clark is still on the team*

...or not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Looks like a backup QB spot just opened up...

*remembers Frank Clark is still on the team*

...or not.

Doesn't seem like all that big of a deal in an NFL punishment sense because he wasn't driving. I guess if the weed was physically on him and not just in the car that might make things worse?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/846422969047965696

Surprised it was almost unanimous.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If Romo goes to Houston I'm rooting for him all the way

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What would make Miami of all teams opposed?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Possible competition for destination football games?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe they liked Oakland and are bros

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Stephen Ross spent his own money renovating the Dolphins' stadium didn't he? Might be a philosophical thing?

If that's correct I think he only did that after asking for and not getting public money, so maybe he's just bitter.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Does it have to be, does Miami scuttle this, or are the Vegas Rat Pack now official?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's official.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/27/15060642/las-vegas-raiders-relocation-move-oakland-nfl-vote

Will move for 2019 season, stadium done in 2020.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Raiders Bitch

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/846425001783971840

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So are they still going to use the Oakland Raiders name for the next two years or what

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

a neat cape posted:

So are they still going to use the Oakland Raiders name for the next two years or what

Yes

quote:

“The Raiders were born in Oakland and Oakland will always be part of our DNA. We know that some fans will be disappointed and even angry, but we hope that they do not direct that frustration to the players, coaches and staff. We plan to play at the Coliseum in 2017 and 2018, and hope to stay there as the Oakland Raiders until the new stadium opens. We would love nothing more than to bring a championship back to the Bay Area.”
-Mark Davis

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

TMZ sports is requesting a budget increase as we speak.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

Does it have to be, does Miami scuttle this, or are the Vegas Rat Pack now official?

They only needed 24 votes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone post Marks full statement? I'm on my phone and navigating this poo poo in Twitter right now is a nightmare.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

"We hope to bring the Bay Area a championship and then immediately take the team's history elsewhere."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
On a scale of 0 to 1995 Browns, how lovely to Raiders fans feel about the move from Oakland to Las Vegas?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sean10mm posted:

On a scale of 0 to 1995 Browns, how lovely to Raiders fans feel about the move from Oakland to Las Vegas?

Seems like maybe a 50/50 split on people who will continue to follow the Raiders and people who want fire and brimstone based on comments sections.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Seems like maybe a 50/50 split on people who will continue to follow the Raiders and people who want fire and brimstone based on comments sections.

Most Raiders fans I know are about how I am with the Chargers. Really wanted them to stay, annoyed they're moving, will still be Raiders fans.

There's a little more gently caress Spanos than gently caress Mark Davis talk though

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I have to say, even though I'm not a fan or either team, I can remember when both the Raiders and Rams were in L.A. and I really wish the Raiders had gone back to L.A. and they'd put the Rams in Vegas.

And the Chargers should have stayed put too, dammit. Though my father is a Chargers fan but lives east of the Mississippi and literally doesn't give a gently caress about them moving.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

Raiders fans saw this coming; the Browns announcing their move to Baltimore literally came out of nowhere.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

From his mouth:

Good if true.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ross is a pretty great owner who refused to hold an entire region hostage and was quoted as saying "Ill pay for the renovations to bring Super Bowls to Miami. I've got the money" and he did.

Sorry Las Vegas is too stupid to reject such a terrible deal. Lol at anyone who lacks enough reading comprehension to realize gee this tax won't only hurt tourists! And it's only a percent! What a win! Time to buy some lottery tickets ! *breathes heavy through mouth*

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ross is a pretty great owner who refused to hold an entire region hostage and was quoted as saying "Ill pay for the renovations to bring Super Bowls to Miami. I've got the money" and he did.

Sorry Las Vegas is too stupid to reject such a terrible deal. Lol at anyone who lacks enough reading comprehension to realize gee this tax won't only hurt tourists! And it's only a percent! What a win! Time to buy some lottery tickets ! *breathes heavy through mouth*

My favorite part about this is that NFL referees were banned from visiting vegas during the NFL season and now that particular rule will have to be changed.

E: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-nfl-has-an-odd-rule-about-refs-visiting-las-vegas-during-the-regular-season/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Most Raiders fans I know are about how I am with the Chargers. Really wanted them to stay, annoyed they're moving, will still be Raiders fans.

There's a little more gently caress Spanos than gently caress Mark Davis talk though

From the outside looking in Mark Davis seems like the closest thing in quite a while to an owner who has a decent reason to move. The Spanos's made enemies of everyone in San Diego and it sounds like they weren't willing to work with the city unless that vote that never had a chance passed. Kroenke was flat out offered a brand new stadium completely funded without having to put anything in himself and he told St Louis to gently caress off (and told them how much they sucked on his way out, which would be funny if he wasn't such a scumbag).

Oakland seemed to just choose the A's over the Raiders, there was never even a passable plan.

e: And O.Co is a legit dump that needs to be replaced, and not just a stadium that's structurally fine but doesn't make enough money.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 27, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The NFL is really the worst league in sports, at least in America. Why do I like this dumb sport.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/846460176605597697

Brady is going to fall off within two years and I am bookmarking these tweets so I can spam them when he is finally forced to retire.

It will be the hollowest gloating in sports.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
How can anyone expect to defeat Tom Brady when they are but men, and he is forever?

Tom Brady 2024 NFL MVP

600 Career TD passes; 90,000+ passing yards

8 Super Bowl rings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Brady is going to do that Favre commercial, only for real

• Locked thread