Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable car shipping company? Trying to find one for a relatively short Ohio to Michigan job. TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I refuse to believe people care that much about Wheeler Dealers.

Death to Brewer! Or not.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
crossposting from the miata thread (do we even have an autox thread anymore?)

Am i off the throttle too much? Skipped past the slower, boring runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwktuaDLayE&t=160s

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

So if you're checking transmission fluid or setting timing or tuning a carb you're expected to run the engine in an enclosed space? Sounds like they're on the hook for any carbon monoxide asphyxiation in that case. :v:

I'm kidding and not yet a homeowner and too poor to buy into an HOA neighborhood but...tell them to gently caress off? Especially if you're done with whatever work you're doing.

WHen I lived there 15 years ago I was a rotten poo poo and it my antics caused my parents to get plenty of complaints. So these days I don't want to make her life hard.

But as soon as she sells that house I will have my revenge.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

spog posted:

A TV programme about cars is Very Serious Business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umWmzN1MqWs

From the linked vid:

"Unfortunately, on Velocity’s first attempt at producing the show they found Wheeler Dealers ‘too difficult to make’, ‘at least in its current format’. In particular, the detailed and in depth coverage of my fixes in the workshop; what I consider to be the backbone and USP of the programme, are something Velocity feel should be reduced. The workshop jobs are certainly the hardest part of the show to make and reducing their substance and role in the show will save the production considerable time, effort and therefore money. However, this new direction is not something I am comfortable with as I feel the corners I was being asked to cut compromised the quality of my work and would erode my integrity as well as that of the show, so I have come to the conclusion that my only option is to let Velocity get on with it, without me."

Lol. gently caress Velocity.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

That's a shame, I kind of like some of the stuff velocity does.

Sure, there's a lot of worthless GUYS WE GOTTA GET THIS BUILD DONE BEFORE THE BIG AUCTION, THRASH THRASH THRASH reality TV horseshit. But there's usually at least one or two shows worth watching every day.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

quote:

Edd China reveals real reason for Wheeler Dealers departure
Posted in News by Sniff Petrol on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017

Wheeler Dealers, yesterday

quote:

Edd China is to leave the hit TV programme Wheeler Dealers after admitting that he can’t understand a single word Mike Brewer says.

‘For 14 years Edd hasn’t followed anything that’s come out of Mike’s mouth,’ said a source close to the 7’8” gloves wearer. ‘He’s basically spent the last 13 series’ just smiling and nodding, and then fitting some new wheels and hoping that’s okay.’

‘Edd tried his best to understand what Mike was on about, but he was never sure if it was some kind of East London patois or if he’d had a stroke,’ another friend of the 9’10” standing-underneath-cars fan revealed. ‘In most cases he’d just say “absolutely” and then de-cloud the headlights and hope that was alright.’

‘Edd is looking forward to moving on to new projects involving his three passions,’ revealed a producer who worked with the 11’4” too-many-consonants enthusiast. ‘Which is to say, cars, engineering, and being able to have conversations in which he’s not just saying “uh-huh, uh-huh” and hoping the other person goes away soon.’

China has publically wished his replacement, Ant Anstead, the best of luck whilst privately he has emailed him details of a Linguaphone course for Cock-er-nee along with a note reading, ‘This probably won’t work so just give a thumbs up and bury your head in the engine bay until he’s gone’.

Wheeler Dealers will continue on the Velocity Channel who bought the format for an unusually low price, re-built the cylinder heads, had it re-sprayed and sold it for a profit margin that didn’t really seem to account for all the work put into it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Slung Blade posted:

That's a shame, I kind of like some of the stuff velocity does.

Sure, there's a lot of worthless GUYS WE GOTTA GET THIS BUILD DONE BEFORE THE BIG AUCTION, THRASH THRASH THRASH reality TV horseshit. But there's usually at least one or two shows worth watching every day.

I don't particularly like Mike's style, but death threats, really?
Velocity seems to have missed that the detailed bits with Ed were what set the show apart. He was why I watched., anyway. There's no shortage of the drama car shows, and I hate them. I'm interested in the technical bits. I'm the guy who will marathon "How It's Made", and other shows like that before I'll watch a sitcom.

Edit: ^^^^^ that's a thing of beauty there.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

willroc7 posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable car shipping company? Trying to find one for a relatively short Ohio to Michigan job. TIA

I asked around here in the forums without much response at all. I used Direct Express Auto Transport to ship the E90 M3 I bought from El Dorado Hills (Sacramento area CA) to Salt Lake: https://www.autotransportdirect.com/ I used the "mid grade" shipping and chose the enclosed trailer option. I was not in any kind of rush and taking a few days or whatever was fine. I was shipping a car not a Amazon Prime shipment. I felt the time from bid to accepting the job to delivery was all very reasonable and faster than I could do myself. The enclosed trailer was TOTALLY worth it. It was a private contractor in a beautiful massive trailer that had other high end cars. Great communication from start to finish. I also appreciated that you could get a ball park quote without having to put in all of your personal information that nearly every other car shipper required just to get a quote. It was the better price compared to shipyourcarnow.com that my friend used to get his Euro Rallye Golf he imported and said he had a good experience with.

So there you go. That is my experience. The midgrade shipping option had the driver/job assigned within 15 minutes of me placing the order. The car was picked up like two days after and delivered in...two or three days? I don't remember. Smooth process though - about $750.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Seminal Flu posted:

I live in an area with an HOA now. It is moderately annoying. I have to pay $200/year for the privilege. But, there are a lot of maintained, large green areas. Nice flowers, lighted brick columns at the entrance to each street. I can work on my car all I want. There's really no interference from the HOA. The only thing I can't do is fence in the yard with a fence taller than 4' or put solar panels on the roof.

It's actually against the law in AZ for an HOA to block installation of a solar system with some very difficult to meet exceptions.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

There are non HOA houses that don't have wells/septic, y'know.

I got a letter Saturday showing a loving photo of the trash bins sitting outside the garage door, clearly from a car-mounted system, date stamped Wednesday. Trash pickup is Tuesday, late in the day. I work until 1AM. So I didn't get them inside for eight hours after work. Big whoop, but it's a $50 fine to the owner!

gently caress HOAs to death. Them, along with binding arbitration clauses, are the reason America is an oligarchy. Why rent when you can rent?!

You should have a management company that does the inspections and sends out those citations. There should be a contact number on the letter. Call them and explain your work schedule and any reasonable manager will take your schedule into consideration and reverse the fine. If they won't, there should be a process to appeal to the board.

Doesn't your HOA send a warning notice first to allow you to correct a violation before assessing a fine?

If you don't already have a copy of you rules and procedures, you should get them.

Also if you want to be a dick to the HOA and completely get on their bad side, here is something that most people don't know. In Arizona, the only fee that an HOA can actually place a lien on the property for is the assessment. All of the other poo poo, fines and late fees associated with the fines are only collectible via small claims court and are quite difficult to secure a judgement on as long as you keep current on the assessments.

So, if they are unreasonable and won't work with you on simple stuff like this, you can pretty much tell them to get stuffed and just pay your assessment. Just don't purposely do things that will draw violations as that would show intent on your part and make them getting a judgement against you much easier.

Now if you are renting I suggest not doing this without talking to your landlord as ultimately they are the one responsible for the property and the HOA fees.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't there an entire season of WD that didn't even feature Edd?

And wasn't it the most poorly received?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I asked around here in the forums without much response at all. I used Direct Express Auto Transport to ship the E90 M3 I bought from El Dorado Hills (Sacramento area CA) to Salt Lake: https://www.autotransportdirect.com/ I used the "mid grade" shipping and chose the enclosed trailer option. I was not in any kind of rush and taking a few days or whatever was fine. I was shipping a car not a Amazon Prime shipment. I felt the time from bid to accepting the job to delivery was all very reasonable and faster than I could do myself. The enclosed trailer was TOTALLY worth it. It was a private contractor in a beautiful massive trailer that had other high end cars. Great communication from start to finish. I also appreciated that you could get a ball park quote without having to put in all of your personal information that nearly every other car shipper required just to get a quote. It was the better price compared to shipyourcarnow.com that my friend used to get his Euro Rallye Golf he imported and said he had a good experience with.

So there you go. That is my experience. The midgrade shipping option had the driver/job assigned within 15 minutes of me placing the order. The car was picked up like two days after and delivered in...two or three days? I don't remember. Smooth process though - about $750.

Thank you very much sir!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't there an entire season of WD that didn't even feature Edd?

And wasn't it the most poorly received?

I have no idea how anyone watches that crap to begin with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I have no idea how anyone watches that crap to begin with.

The repair parts are fun!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

You should have a management company that does the inspections and sends out those citations. There should be a contact number on the letter. Call them and explain your work schedule and any reasonable manager will take your schedule into consideration and reverse the fine. If they won't, there should be a process to appeal to the board.

Failing that, go the media route because "HOA penalizes first responder" seems like the kind of poo poo the local stations would eat up.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

After I sent back the Thinkpad X220 with the broken screen (such a goddamn shame), I ordered a slightly less expensive T420 from a different site. It just arrived today, and it's pretty good.

Sure, there is a tiny bit of wear and tear, I had to shim the keyboard to keep it from flexing (known issue for pre-chiclet Thinkpad keyboards) and the hinge is only like 95% tight (after 5-6 years of use, mind). But it cost less than a decent Chromebook, it still does a solid 5+ hours on the battery and it runs Linux Mint flawlessly.

I'm probably never going to buy a new laptop ever again, unless I win the lottery or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KozmoNaut posted:

After I sent back the X220 with the broken screen (such a goddamn shame), I ordered a slightly less expensive T420 from a different site. It just arrived today, and it's pretty good.

Sure, there is a tiny bit of wear and tear, I had to shim the keyboard to keep it from flexing (known issue for pre-chiclet Thinkpad keyboards) and the hinge is only like 95% tight (after 5-6 years of use, mind). But it cost less than a decent Chromebook, it still does a solid 5+ hours on the battery and it runs Linux Mint flawlessly.

I'm probably never going to buy a new laptop ever again, unless I win the lottery or something.

I'm all about cheap poo poo these days. Refurbed computers, chinese cell phones etc. Any vehicle I buy from here on out is gonna be cheap as hell unless I win a scratch off ticket.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

I don't particularly like Mike's style, but death threats, really?
Probably 99% idiot children who think it's edgy. Of course, you have to watch for that 1% actual nutter.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
http://www.engineswapdepot.com/?p=15265

This thing has got to be batshit nuts.

KozmoNaut posted:

After I sent back the Thinkpad X220 with the broken screen (such a goddamn shame), I ordered a slightly less expensive T420 from a different site. It just arrived today, and it's pretty good.

I have my SSD sticker in the same spot :3:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm all about cheap poo poo these days. Refurbed computers, chinese cell phones etc. Any vehicle I buy from here on out is gonna be cheap as hell unless I win a scratch off ticket.

I'm hitting this point in some regards. It helps that "cheap" is hitting the "good enough" tier. My Nexus 6 is closing in on being a three-year-old design, but the only real problems I have with it are due to aging of the battery. Part of me wants a Pixel XL (or whatever replaces it soon) but part of me would rather spend half as much for something that is as close as possible to a newer version of the Nexus 6.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have my SSD sticker in the same spot :3:

I don't actually have an SSD, though :ssh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm hitting this point in some regards. It helps that "cheap" is hitting the "good enough" tier. My Nexus 6 is closing in on being a three-year-old design, but the only real problems I have with it are due to aging of the battery. Part of me wants a Pixel XL (or whatever replaces it soon) but part of me would rather spend half as much for something that is as close as possible to a newer version of the Nexus 6.

I grabbed one of those $50 BLU phones and it's pretty great.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

IOwnCalculus posted:

Perhaps the newer version of the Nexus 6, known as the Nexus 6P? :v:

Battery life on mine has never been great (mine was an open box return, but that massive AMOLED screen sucks the battery dry), but it's still a hell of a phone.

I got mine when the 6P was still being sold new - 64GB model, paid a little over $400. Seems to still sell for about that.

Found out the hard way it bends kinda easy though... I used to fall asleep with it playing something from hulu or netflix with it on the bed. Woke up to a kink in the side one day and a stuck volume button. :saddowns: Managed to get the button unstuck (eventually), but drat.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Cheap is good because cheap these days is more than good enough.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Battery life on mine has never been great (mine was an open box return, but that massive AMOLED screen sucks the battery dry), but it's still a hell of a phone.

I got mine when the 6P was still being sold new - 64GB model, paid a little over $400. Seems to still sell for about that.

Through the Nexus 4, 5, and 6, I was ways using a 1-year-old Nexus. Each year, Google would announce a new model and blow out the previous year's. I got the N6 for $199 straight from Google.

They didn't do that with the 6p, though. :( I F5-ed myself nearly to death on Amazon's warehouse and was finally able to jump on a 64gb N6p at $250, but it took a couple weeks of stalking.

I totally didn't need the 6p, though. The 6 did everything I needed. My wife's N5 started with some battery issues though, so I gave her the 6 and I took the 6p.

I like the bigger screen of the 6 better, but the fingerprint sensor on the 6p is really handy.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

I grabbed one of those $50 BLU phones and it's pretty great.

Aren't those the ones that periodically call home to China with your usage data? :chloe:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

Aren't those the ones that periodically call home to China with your usage data? :chloe:

They fixed that before I bought it but yeah, they were.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure it's totally fixed. :wink:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Raluek posted:

Are there any smart phones that dont actively spy on their owners?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah a Nexus 6, those are gre

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Damnit Time Warne...er... Spectrum. Whatever the gently caress you're called these days. This packet loss is getting really annoying.

Dealing with overseas tech support is bad enough. Dealing with them when they absolutely refuse to deviate from their flowchart and phone scripts is really frustrating. According to them, my modem is bad and I have "serious line quality issues" and "we must send someone out to correct your line". Modem shows drat near picture perfect signal levels, but I'm seeing >50% packet loss even pinging their gateway IP. :argh:

Seminal Flu posted:

Through the Nexus 4, 5, and 6, I was ways using a 1-year-old Nexus. Each year, Google would announce a new model and blow out the previous year's. I got the N6 for $199 straight from Google.

They didn't do that with the 6p, though. :( I F5-ed myself nearly to death on Amazon's warehouse and was finally able to jump on a 64gb N6p at $250, but it took a couple weeks of stalking.

I totally didn't need the 6p, though. The 6 did everything I needed. My wife's N5 started with some battery issues though, so I gave her the 6 and I took the 6p.

I like the bigger screen of the 6 better, but the fingerprint sensor on the 6p is really handy.

Goddamn, $250? Mine's from Amazon Warehouse Deals too, but it was a bit of an impulse buy. And I agree, the fingerprint sensor is drat nice.

My Moto X 2015 was having serious issues with dropping calls and unintelligible calls, and would also drop data at random (or fall back to EDGE in an area with good LTE coverage)... so I definitely needed a phone, I just didn't need one as nice as the 6P. But I wanted to go back to the Nexus line; I've owned the Nexus S 4G, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and now the Nexus 6P.

I still have a Moto X 2014 that I use for work, but the touchscreen is starting to get a little wonky. That phone has been to hell and back though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

:haw:

Only problem there is that the 6P isn't going to get much more in the way of Android updates than my 6 will (did? I think it's probably on its last one). Whatever I get, I don't want to be jonesing to replace it in a year because it isn't on the newest version of Android. That's a problem I always had with all of my Sprint Androids (Evo 4G / Evo 3D / Note II), where they all seemed to get dropped from future updates almost immediately.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Goddamn, $250? Mine's from Amazon Warehouse Deals too, but it was a bit of an impulse buy. And I agree, the fingerprint sensor is drat nice.

Like I said, it took some stalking. It was the first Warehouse thing I bought "Not in original packaging," and I was expecting to send it right back. To my surprise, it came absolutely flawless, with all accessories, just missing the original packaging.

I've found Amazon's Warehouse to be extremely hit-or-miss. Brakes pads and rotors? I only buy them from the Warehouse. TPMS sensors? Ended up with super-old stock. With their return policy, though... as long as you don't NEED it right away, it's worth the gamble.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
May have a chance to pick up a 1976 Nova factory v8/air car tomorrow for $1500-1800 bucks. Decent body rough interior, been looking for one past 20 years (was my high school car). Thoughts on paying that? It has a rebuilt title from who knows what but is claimed straight. Looking for a build for myself not to flip or anything.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

IOwnCalculus posted:

:haw:

Only problem there is that the 6P isn't going to get much more in the way of Android updates than my 6 will (did? I think it's probably on its last one). Whatever I get, I don't want to be jonesing to replace it in a year because it isn't on the newest version of Android. That's a problem I always had with all of my Sprint Androids (Evo 4G / Evo 3D / Note II), where they all seemed to get dropped from future updates almost immediately.

You do have a point there. The 6 is indeed EOL'd (as of October); the 6P's EOL is this year (September). They'll still be putting out security updates for a year after EOL, but the 6 won't see a newer version of Android than what it already has unless you go with a 3rd party ROM.

Sprint is pretty tight fisted with updates to phones on their network; outside of Nexus devices, all updates have to go through Sprint. And since up until relatively recently, all devices used on the Sprint network had to be purchased from Sprint, they had no incentive to offer updates. They'd rather sell you a new phone (and contract).

I'll probably stick with my 6P until whatever replaces the Pixel comes out.

Seminal Flu posted:

Like I said, it took some stalking. It was the first Warehouse thing I bought "Not in original packaging," and I was expecting to send it right back. To my surprise, it came absolutely flawless, with all accessories, just missing the original packaging.

I've found Amazon's Warehouse to be extremely hit-or-miss. Brakes pads and rotors? I only buy them from the Warehouse. TPMS sensors? Ended up with super-old stock. With their return policy, though... as long as you don't NEED it right away, it's worth the gamble.

I've been burned once on their warehouse deals. Phone was listed as the 2014 Moto X Pure (XT1095) and as "Like new, not original packaging". They sent me a very obviously used/dropped/scratched to poo poo AT&T version (XT1097) with really bad screen burn-in. It'd been carrier unlocked, but the AT&T version had a tightly locked bootloader and couldn't be rooted at the time. Every other version was easy to root.

Getting them to take the drat thing back involved an email to jeff@amazon.com. :argh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 27, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

lol find a better way to save 50 bucks this is such a bad idea

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Sprint is pretty tight fisted with updates to phones on their network; outside of Nexus devices, all updates have to go through Sprint. And since up until relatively recently, all devices used on the Sprint network had to be purchased from Sprint, they had no incentive to offer updates. They'd rather sell you a new phone (and contract).

Yup, which is why I hosed off of Sprint to T-Mo at the same time as I got the Nexus 6.

I think mine is actually sitting on 7.1.1 which I guess they want to roll back off of the 6 for some unknown reason? Point is I'm less concerned about the CPU being significantly faster and more concerned about it getting solid updates. I was hoping for a Pixel price drop eventually but given that they seem to still be selling every one they make, I don't expect one.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Honestly, in terms of hardware, the 6P isn't much of an upgrade (aside from the fingerprint reader), and I'd argue the 6 is built a bit better. But the 6P does have a better rear camera (it's not fantastic, but it performs a lot better in low light situations, mostly because of the laser autofocus), much better front camera, and it's a lot thinner. Also brings all of the upsides and downsides of USB-C, and you lose Qi charging on the 6P.

You'll still get security updates for most of this year, and if you want to keep current on Android after that, there's always XDA.

A lot of people have complained about 7.x destroying battery life on both the 6 and 6P. I noticed a bit of a difference, but not significant. I haven't heard anything about them trying to roll back from 7.1.1, but I don't keep up with the 6 much.

On days that I work, I use it heavily enough that there's no way I can leave home without a charger - I have a dedicated work phone, but it may or may not be looking for more shifts for me through the day (and it definitely never does it with any kind of automation tool, no sir, that would be unethical and completely against my contract with that rainforest company, even though anyone who manages to do this more than ~8 hours a week uses such tools), so the 6P is often running Google Maps for me.

e: leaving Sprint was one of the best decisions I've ever made, IMO. Last phone I had on their network was the Galaxy Nexus... which was the first Nexus they had with LTE. I got an LTE signal a handful of times with it, and it was almost always a strong signal with zero connectivity (so probably someone testing equipment on a tower?). My personal phone is on Cricket (which has crappy speeds, but gives prepaid customers conditional call forwarding... so I can still use Google Voice), work phone is on T-Mobile.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 28, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I took my girlfriend to a gas station to refill her flat tire and half way through filling she pressed the flashing button that switched on the vacuum and disabled the air compressor

She didn't think that spending another dollar to finish filling it was nearly as funny as I did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

I took my girlfriend to a gas station to refill her flat tire and half way through filling she pressed the flashing button that switched on the vacuum and disabled the air compressor

She didn't think that spending another dollar to finish filling it was nearly as funny as I did

As far as I can tell it varies a lot by region and I have never been able to find a straight answer on actual legality, but at least here in California I just walk in and ask the attendant to turn on the air compressor. They haven't said no yet.
After having to do that three times in a row once refilling aired-down tires after offroading, I felt like an rear end in a top hat and installed onboard air.

• Locked thread