Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

quote:

I’m writing this up because I have no one I can tell. Many years of hard work have paid off and in the last few years I’ve silently made a pretty large chunk of money. This is a one time thing so I don’t expect to see that kind of money ever again. It’s not enough that I’m set for life and can stop working but enough that I don’t have any real financial problems anymore. Not many people know this, my parents, my accountant, my broker, that’s about it. I don’t live much differently than I previously did and my friends don’t see a difference. I’m not telling most people mostly to not be a dick. I don’t plan on changing my life and don’t want people thinking of me differently.

A few weeks ago I walked into a bank branch and paid off my parents’ mortgage. I always told myself that when I make enough money I would do this for them. When I called my dad he was speechless, he was just laughing because he couldn’t believe it. My mom was gushing and thankful and I just said it was my gift to them. It was probably the happiest moment of my life to see them this happy. They’ve given me so much and given up so much for me and I am so fortunate to be able to give back to them this way. That’s it. I can’t tell anyone this without bragging so I'm telling you guys.

I think I said I'd do the same thing with money when I was a kid, nice going actually doing it :)

quote:

I have just moved in with my girlfriend and her sister and keep walking around the house naked so her sister will "accidentally" see me.

Good to see a solid, foolproof plan like this one come up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The sister already knows how small your dick is.

She's not impressed otherwise she would have been all over it already.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Motherfucker posted:

Take that kid, throw him in a corner and kick him till he curls up in a defensive ball. Show him what violence is. If he cries make sure to apply beatings till he stops.

This, unironically.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Obviously this will vary by state, but florida specifically allows you to threaten someone with a gun as part of the stand your ground law:

But yeah, if you're ever in a position where you need to pull a gun, you might as well use it.

full disclosure: I'm a gun owner from florida :smith:

I'm pretty sure that law only works if you're white.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That kid is komodowagon

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

People like him and the people I found in the group I tried to join are all talk, no action.

:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:

*posts anonymous confession*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sister creeping goon, having stepped into the sister trap myself once it's not worth it. Especially if your living arrangement hinges on it. The only thing that will come of it is a few awkward Thanksgivings for them and you back on the dating market.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

your son sounds like a real human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol classic nooner :grin:

:rip:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That was a bullshit probation.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
hope u guys like gunchat

quote:

I'm a homicide detective in a red state with a stand your ground law. I loving hate the fact that some junkie rummaging through your tool shed is gonna end up dead just for being on the property and there's basically nothing I can do about it due to how the laws in this shithole state are written.

"Oh no, he was coming right for me" bang bang bang :rolleyes:

I carry a gun and have become very proficient with it, and I've been put in several situations where lethal force is "justified" but I've never killed anyone. Because human life is precious and I don't want that on my conscience unless absolutely nessecary.

This is a confession because I mostly stay silent while coworkers talk about how great it is we have state sanctioned murder for tool theft :(

quote:

I'm a comedy writer, currently working on the TV show "Superior Donuts" on CBS. My confession is I don't think anyone actually watches that show. I never hear anyone talk about it, the ads on CBS just show pics of the cast, no actual content, and while the ratings are okay - we joke that it's all old people falling asleep and dying with the TV on.

We've talked about slipping in a crazy meta-joke or something in the show, but CBS production keeps us from doing anything really fun. I guess it's a decent gig all things considered.

can confirm that I have never heard of this show and had to check to verify it was a real show

Got renewed for a second season though congrats :toot:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sister creeping goon, having stepped into the sister trap myself once it's not worth it. Especially if your living arrangement hinges on it. The only thing that will come of it is a few awkward Thanksgivings for them and you back on the dating market.

happens to me allll the time. Walk into the kitchen suddenly boom fall into some sister pussy cleverly disguised as a ficus

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh I've seen worse.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sugar free jazz posted:

happens to me allll the time. Walk into the kitchen suddenly boom fall into some sister pussy cleverly disguised as a ficus

Well don't leave us hanging, why were you trying to have sex with a ficus?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well don't leave us hanging, why were you trying to have sex with a ficus?

Sap is too sticky. Would not recommend.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Solice Kirsk posted:

I agree

should've been a ban

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's Nooner so I'm surprised it wasn't.

quote:

I'm a comedy writer, currently working on the TV show "Superior Donuts" on CBS. My confession is I don't think anyone actually watches that show. I never hear anyone talk about it, the ads on CBS just show pics of the cast, no actual content, and while the ratings are okay - we joke that it's all old people falling asleep and dying with the TV on.

We've talked about slipping in a crazy meta-joke or something in the show, but CBS production keeps us from doing anything really fun. I guess it's a decent gig all things considered.

That's a pretty slick job though! Getting paid to make a show that may coast for years under the radar has to be pretty fun. Don't have to be worried about getting replaced if it starts getting huge ratings and the station thinks they need to bring in more talent to keep the rating train going. Do they film in Chicago? Need any extras/insight into living in a gentrifying Chicago neighborhood?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

charlie's in the bathroom cabinet that VC sister pussy'll sneak up on ya like you wouldn't believe

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's Nooner so I'm surprised it wasn't.

That's a pretty slick job though! Getting paid to make a show that may coast for years under the radar has to be pretty fun. Don't have to be worried about getting replaced if it starts getting huge ratings and the station thinks they need to bring in more talent to keep the rating train going. Do they film in Chicago? Need any extras/insight into living in a gentrifying Chicago neighborhood?

Downside is having to tell people you were responsible for that dumpster fire of a show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dogbrisket posted:

Downside is having to tell people you were responsible for that dumpster fire of a show.

"I'm a comedy writer for CBS," is still a cool thing to say to people. No matter what CBS show it is it would be terrible.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dogbrisket posted:

BBT is popular enough that American population has no right to judge the writers of Mediocre Voodoo Donuts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

quote:

Superior Donuts

I have seen this show by accident when the tv was left on in the background. I had no idea what it was called until just now.

This show is truly awful. You and all of the other writers should be deeply ashamed.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

The Management posted:

I have seen this show by accident when the tv was left on in the background. I had no idea what it was called until just now.

This show is truly awful. You and all of the other writers should be deeply ashamed.

Ouch.

You should have sent this in anonymously for extra :lol:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
More like Inferior, Donut Watch This Show

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

quote:

I made an rear end of myself this weekend and think it may have poisoned my relationship with my girlfriend.

Her family is very religious, she's middle of the road, and I'm not at all. I went to church with them on Sunday in order to extend an olive branch and show them I'm committed to their daughter and to keeping them happy too.

Church is going well for a while. We get some parables which are actually pretty usable today, and a nice message about loving and caring for your neighbor no matter what. Then the preacher goes on a spiel about how Christians need to spread Christianity as it's their destiny. Then he says that other religions don't have this right. I start kind of shifting around in my seat, waiting to see if he's going to justify that comment. He doesn't.

At the end of church he's waiting by the door shaking hands and I go talk to him about this. He just claims Christianity is the one true religion, and I start debating him saying that, even if that's true, why could you take away the same rights from another religion that believes 100% they are true. We debated for about 20 minutes, I was totally caught up in the moment and didn't even realize I left my girlfriend and her family waiting around.

We go to breakfast then and they ask what we talk about. Then I start debating with her mom and dad and, in my worst moment, tear up a pancake in order to make a point.

The whole ride back to her house, my girlfriend is asking why I had to make such a big deal. We get into a pretty serious argument and I drop her off. For the first time in the month we've been dating, we don't kiss each other goodbye. It's Monday around noon now and she hasn't texted me yet.

Honestly it sounds like something like this was inevitable and you should probably :sever:

quote:

I worked in a "haunted" Wendy's in high school.

The story at the time was that someone had a heart attack while closing the place up at night. When they found him in the morning, rats had eaten bits of his face off. The rumor was he haunted the place because he was a loser in life and a loser in death and had nothing else to do but wander the Wendy's and occasionally gently caress with people and electronics.

There was weird stuff that happens. At night you'd swear you wiped down all the tables, but find some wrappers still on a table. Or the fryer would keep turning itself off. Easy stuff to dismiss as faulty electric wiring, or just being a dumb sleepy kid, or being stoned like most of us were.

Then one night I was closing up. I did everything and was driving home when I realized I forgot my cell phone in the kitchen. This is a whole big ordeal; I had to call the owner, let him know I was coming in so he could disable the security system I had just set. Since I didn't have a cell phone to call, I head back to Wendy's and walk over to the 24 hr laundromat int he same shopping plaza. I notice all the loving lights are on in Wendy's and assume bank robber. So I make a call to the owner, then to the cops, and then I wait.

Cops get there along with the owner and we all go in together. Find a fat hairy guy washing himself in the bathroom using toilet water, meanwhile the grill is going and food's cooking up. The scary part - this guy was wearing a Wendy's uniform. An old one from about 7 years before this event.

Turns out that heart attack story? Half truth. There really was a dude who had a heart attack while closing up. He didn't die though, but he lost his job since he was out on disability for too long. Then he lost his apartment since he had no money. But they never changed the door code at Wendy's. So this dude started living in Wendy's. He'd disappear during the day, either walking around the mall or sleeping outside. Then he'd come home and eat, wash, and sleep in Wendy's.

I dunno what happened to him but that was my most memorable night and it solved that ghost mystery.

Did any Scooby-Doo episodes end with the monster being a homeless guy?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

loquacius posted:

Honestly it sounds like something like this was inevitable and you should probably :sever:

I wouldn't say DODGED a bullet, but only got grazed at least. Imagine marrying into that family

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How did a homeless guy not trip the perimeter alarms when he put the door code in? If you had to call your boss to let him know so the alarm wouldn't go off, was the homeless guy doing the same thing?How did he get the door code? Did you forget to mention the random dude was also an employee?

Try harder next time, cause this was just lazy.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Danaru posted:

I wouldn't say DODGED a bullet, but only got grazed at least. Imagine marrying into that family
The family's worst crime is going to church. He's the one who decided to go with them for no reason, then picked a fight with the minister at a totally inappropriate time/place, was super rude to the family, then brought the fight back up and wouldn't let it go and got weird with pancakes. His girlfriend isn't even religious -- the entire issue was caused by him. He could have not gone, or he could have kept his mouth shut, or he could have gotten the minister's phone number to debate later, or he could have kept the issue polite. If you're a hardcore atheist, just don't go to church, they'll be fine without you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, he's the shitbag in that story, but he should still end the relationship since they're obviously not going to be compatible.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

How did a homeless guy not trip the perimeter alarms when he put the door code in? If you had to call your boss to let him know so the alarm wouldn't go off, was the homeless guy doing the same thing?How did he get the door code? Did you forget to mention the random dude was also an employee?

Try harder next time, cause this was just lazy.

Yeah he said several times that the 'ghost' is supposed to be an employee that died, and when they found him he was still wearing the Wendy's uniform

It is you who needs to try harder (to read words and comprehend them).

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, he's the shitbag in that story, but he should still end the relationship since they're obviously not going to be compatible.
His girlfriend isn't religious, and even her family wasn't bugging him to come to church. If he had learned to keep his mouth shut or just not go, he could be compatible. If he feels compelled to go places he doesn't like and WELL ACTUALLY, nobody is going to find that a desirable trait.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

loquacius posted:

Sever is good advice for the girlfriend, which looks like she took. This guy is an idiot who went to people's house of worship and challenged their religion there. They weren't forcing it on him, he chose to be there and then couldn't stay respectful and keep his mouth shut. Start acting like an adult instead of a redditor.

Basically this

Anne Whateley posted:

The family's worst crime is going to church. He's the one who decided to go with them for no reason, then picked a fight with the minister at a totally inappropriate time/place, was super rude to the family, then brought the fight back up and wouldn't let it go and got weird with pancakes. His girlfriend isn't even religious -- the entire issue was caused by him. He could have not gone, or he could have kept his mouth shut, or he could have gotten the minister's phone number to debate later, or he could have kept the issue polite. If you're a hardcore atheist, just don't go to church, they'll be fine without you.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
whoops I read it wrong and thought the family made him go with them, yeah dude never should have went in the first place, much less started debating everyone in ear shot. Also what on earth could the pancake thing have been about

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I was trying to be neutral in my response there; my take is that the family is if nothing else eager to defend their poor choice of place-of-worship. Their preacher sounds like a douche, and they were all too willing to take his side. But you guys are 100% correct in that the choice to make a big stink in public was absolutely anon's to make, and the consequences are his to face. It's hard to say more, in my view, without knowing the specifics of the arguments each side was making. But either way something had to give and this relationship is not sustainable.

e: also yeah, he nominally went to church as a show of good faith, but the fact that he chose to use that time to try to prove their church was bad kind of casts some doubt on what his actual intentions were. Consciously or otherwise, he was not planning on being open-minded

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

loquacius posted:

I was trying to be neutral in my response there; my take is that the family is if nothing else eager to defend their poor choice of place-of-worship. Their preacher sounds like a douche, and they were all too willing to take his side. But you guys are 100% correct in that the choice to make a big stink in public was absolutely anon's to make, and the consequences are his to face. It's hard to say more, in my view, without knowing the specifics of the arguments each side was making. But either way something had to give and this relationship is not sustainable.

e: also yeah, he nominally went to church as a show of good faith, but the fact that he chose to use that time to try to prove their church was bad kind of casts some doubt on what his actual intentions were. Consciously or otherwise, he was not planning on being open-minded

Its not even that he had to be open-minded, its more he gets there and knows that opening his big mouth will cause a rift between him and his missus's family; but does it anyway. Then comes here to be sad that his relationship with her has gone south because of it. Why has sympathy for the man who knowingly touched the poop?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

loquacius posted:

I was trying to be neutral in my response there; my take is that the family is if nothing else eager to defend their poor choice of place-of-worship. Their preacher sounds like a douche, and they were all too willing to take his side.

Not sure where you're getting any of this. There's no indication that anyone other than the poster acted poorly. If you don't want to hear a guy say that his religion is the best and the only right one, don't go to a service at his church. And they are perfectly reasonable to defend themselves and their beliefs when being challenged, which is quite rude for a guest to a worship event to do.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Maybe it's a Christianity thing; I went to temple a lot as a kid and I never heard a rabbi spend any of his sermon time talking poo poo about other religions :shrug:

I remember a couple barbs at those loving smug-rear end Orthodox but that's about it

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Management posted:

Not sure where you're getting any of this. There's no indication that anyone other than the poster acted poorly. If you don't want to hear a guy say that his religion is the best and the only right one, don't go to a service at his church. And they are perfectly reasonable to defend themselves and their beliefs when being challenged, which is quite rude for a guest to a worship event to do.

I don't think it's necessarily rude to ask a pastor questions, especially about something that one has doubts about or trouble understanding, but there's a time and place. Rolling up the sleeves to get into a twenty minute argument while making your girlfriend's family stand around is probably the worst part of it. Not dropping the subject and ripping up your food during breakfast afterwards doesn't help.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
We can absolutely agree that showing up to church to prove to your girlfriend's family that you accept their lifestyle, then making them stand around for 20 minutes while you argue with their pastor sounds like a subplot from a Curb Your Enthusiasm ep

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

loquacius posted:

We can absolutely agree that showing up to church to prove to your girlfriend's family that you accept their lifestyle, then making them stand around for 20 minutes while you argue with their pastor sounds like a subplot from a Curb Your Enthusiasm ep

Get in that Mass, Larry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

quote:

In my younger days I used to go to the bar and pretend to be famous to get one night stands. Didn't work all that well but it was better than my normal moves since I had literally nothing going on in my real life.

The one that worked best, and I guess because I kind of looked like the guy, was Chris Benoit. The pro wrestler/murderer. I slept with 8 different women by saying I was Benoit and showing off my totally fake WWE belt that "I got at Wrestlemania".

Then he killed his wife, son, and himself. I stopped going to that bar but I can only imagine a bunch of freaked out people.

quote:

I had one of the worst childhoods imaginable and it still prevents me from forming relationships with people. I have no friends, nobody at work I talk to besides business, and haven't been on a date in my entire 37 years on Earth. I'm terrified to change any of this, that's my confession I guess.

We were comfortably middle class, but my parents lived above their means. They really liked showing off things to people so they'd scrimp on other things - like food. Well, food for me. I'd eat peanut butter sandwiches, ramen noodles, and water. That's it. Birthdays and holidays did not exist, I was told they were for kids who added value to their families.

The really bad thing is mom and dad liked to walk around the house naked. Sometimes they'd just start having sex on the couch. I'm still really uncomfortable with the human body, especially my own.

It's been a while since I busted this one out

:therapy: dude