Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm smoking weed in a bath tub smoking weed drinking beer as the snow falls outside and watching sports I'm betting on in the middle of no where Vermont lighting up tinder and bumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm smoking weed in a bath tub smoking weed drinking beer as the snow falls outside and watching sports I'm betting on in the middle of no where Vermont lighting up tinder and bumble

Watch out for marmots!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

NickRoweFillea posted:

Dry rub bbq go with Rendezvous and get a full rack. It's a classic and an institution. It's touristy, sure, but you gotta have it at least once.

Wet bbq, id say Neely's or Little BBQ Shop on Madison. Or Germantown Commissary. Don't go to Corky's.

Thanks for the recommendation! Managed to steer the group away from Corkys for lunch but ended up at Central instead of Rendezvous. Ribs were mediocre but the turkey was great and the onion rings were crack with the bbq sauce.

Impressed with the Wiseacre beers I've had so far. Went to High Cotton brewery because it was closer and it was a lot meh except for a Rye Ale that was out of nowhere mind blowing.

DeJaVu was crazy good. Perfect fried catfish, awesome shrimp and grits, good sweet tea, and something called citrus spinach that didn't taste citrus-y at all but was a real standout.

Tomorrow, do I hit one of the music museums, Sun Records, or Gibson? Or just skip all the music stuff and go hiking?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The ACA lives! Today I am happy. :)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Forever_Peace posted:

Thanks for the recommendation! Managed to steer the group away from Corkys for lunch but ended up at Central instead of Rendezvous. Ribs were mediocre but the turkey was great and the onion rings were crack with the bbq sauce.

Impressed with the Wiseacre beers I've had so far. Went to High Cotton brewery because it was closer and it was a lot meh except for a Rye Ale that was out of nowhere mind blowing.

DeJaVu was crazy good. Perfect fried catfish, awesome shrimp and grits, good sweet tea, and something called citrus spinach that didn't taste citrus-y at all but was a real standout.

Tomorrow, do I hit one of the music museums, Sun Records, or Gibson? Or just skip all the music stuff and go hiking?

poo poo brother, I should have said get the BBQ nachos, my bad. The museum scene isn't too great, I recommend exploring the city and hitting Midtown. If you wanna hit some trails you should go to Shelby Farms. Also, if you wanna wake up early for breakfast go to Gibson's Donuts for an institution, Bryant's (cash only, get the biscuits and gravy 🔥🔥🔥) or Three Little Pigs and eat with the old heads of Memphis. Also, for lunch, hit the motherfucking World Famous Gus's Fried Chicken and get the two piece dark with fried okra.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Bumble is hilarious because you can see how terrible women are at starting conversations. So many Tinder bios with "be more creative than 'hey, what's up?'" and so many Bumble messages that begin "hey, what's up?".

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

poo poo brother, I should have said get the BBQ nachos, my bad. The museum scene isn't too great, I recommend exploring the city and hitting Midtown. If you wanna hit some trails you should go to Shelby Farms. Also, if you wanna wake up early for breakfast go to Gibson's Donuts for an institution, Bryant's (cash only, get the biscuits and gravy 🔥🔥🔥) or Three Little Pigs and eat with the old heads of Memphis. Also, for lunch, hit the motherfucking World Famous Gus's Fried Chicken and get the two piece dark with fried okra.

Got everybody all set to head out to Shelby when it just started to dump rain. Looks like current plan is civil rights museum, Gus's for lunch, either Wiseacre or Ghost Hill brewery in afternoon, dinner somewhere, then music at loflin. Wish us luck!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bumble is hilarious because you can see how terrible women are at starting conversations. So many Tinder bios with "be more creative than 'hey, what's up?'" and so many Bumble messages that begin "hey, what's up?".

Haha definitely true. Much hotter clientele though. My bio is "just going to steal your iPhone charger and block your number" so it at least gives them something other then the retarded "hey" convos that end in 5 messages. It also lets me know how early anal is on the table when they say "but I don't have an iPhone😏"

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

I'm gonna use bumble on my lunch break.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Forever_Peace posted:

Got everybody all set to head out to Shelby when it just started to dump rain. Looks like current plan is civil rights museum, Gus's for lunch, either Wiseacre or Ghost Hill brewery in afternoon, dinner somewhere, then music at loflin. Wish us luck!

Enjoy!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm home from work and I have a headache and I have to work tomorrow so I'm just gonna smoke this bowl of kief

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Verdict: best fried chicken I've ever had and it's not close.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Forever_Peace posted:

Verdict: best fried chicken I've ever had and it's not close.

🙌🙌🙌 I'm glad you liked it brodie, idk where you're from but they're branching out to a couple other major American cities (LA, Chicago, couple Texas locations) and it's the same recipe

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bend, Oregon is cool and so is Portland so far

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
To the goon that gave the salmon recipe earlier, made that for the wife and kids today. Good stuff, kids liked it, wife and i loved it. It's not easy to get fish here in the burbs of chicago, but it was definitely worth it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oops wrong thread. But now I want salmon.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

420_Power_Rangers posted:

To the goon that gave the salmon recipe earlier, made that for the wife and kids today. Good stuff, kids liked it, wife and i loved it. It's not easy to get fish here in the burbs of chicago, but it was definitely worth it.

Bob Chins!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Glad you folks liked it! It's a regular in our rotation.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

What burb are you in? There are plenty of fish markets around the west / northwest suburbs.

Is the best. Been too poor lately to eat out, but really want to go back.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Sataere posted:

What burb are you in? There are plenty of fish markets around the west / northwest suburbs.

Is the best. Been too poor lately to eat out, but really want to go back.

I'm out in crystal lake, which is about as far from chicago you can get and still be considered suburbs. And i know where to get it, but it can be pricey, which is the real problem. Not so much as availability.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hey guys

Just thought you would like to know, I officially built the Manas Steak into my lesson plans for my class tomorrow

I will be using the Manas Steak as my example for the definition of fuse.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey guys

Just thought you would like to know, I officially built the Manas Steak into my lesson plans for my class tomorrow

What, did the rollback of Obama era directives on coal burning finally allow you to do so?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey guys

:yeah:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You know, looking back at that steak thing and the couple dozen page derail it caused, it seems to me that we still really sold short just how bad a loving steak it was.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao.

The Steak has lore

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

my favorite part was how he went from being chill and rolling with the punches to just viciously lashing out at people about the steak

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm pounding SUGAR FREE ROCKSTAR ENERGY down my throat because I have to go work because OH MY GOD IT'S OBERON RELEASE DAY

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Motherfuckers the beer is going to be there tomorrow, who cares

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sour Diesel posted:

my favorite part was how he went from being chill and rolling with the punches to just viciously lashing out at people about the steak

You mock a man's meat, you mock his pride.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sour Diesel posted:

That whole thing going on for days convinced me to drive out to the store, buy a steak, grill it, then open up a discarded christmas gift so I could post a joke.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Motherfuckers the beer is going to be there tomorrow, who cares

I drank a lot of that last summer on the shores of crystal lake, it was tasty.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm done betting the tourney but I ended up 10 units and got paid out by my bookie for the first time after going like 10-20. All from 3 desperation bets. I hope that fucker is pissed.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Mint should have bookie intergration. Going to email Inuit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I love chicken thighs, what a incredible cut of meat..

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I love chicken thighs, what a incredible cut of meat..

Truth.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey guys

This is amazing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm out in crystal lake, which is about as far from chicago you can get and still be considered suburbs. And i know where to get it, but it can be pricey, which is the real problem. Not so much as availability.

Yeah, it's gonna be pricey out there. One of my best friends lives in Algonquin. I'll ask if he knows of any good places. If it exists, he'll know.

fsif posted:

You know, looking back at that steak thing and the couple dozen page derail it caused, it seems to me that we still really sold short just how bad a loving steak it was.

My wife had no idea why I was laughing so hard until I showed her that thread. It really was magnificent.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

My wife had no idea why I was laughing so hard until I showed her that thread. It really was magnificent.
My wife loved it too. I ended up having to show her all the funny photoshops of it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Sour Diesel posted:

Also that he thought it was cooked medium...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
He said Medium well, give the man some credit.

I think NC-17's two face photoshop was the part that got me

• Locked thread