Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Nah he's gonna get beat out by Garofalo in a year and a half and then get traded to the Redskins, and it'll be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
To the Bills for the True Bledsoe Experience

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I literally do not want Tom Brady on the Bills. I would rather the Bills trade for Brock Osweiler than for Tom Brady.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
*tuts quietly* zee patient is exhibiting strong feelings of self-harm and loathing, eeh does not take zee better quarterback even vhen offered

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Brady's career is going to end sometime, if nothing else he'll get injured and at 40+ won't be able to recover worth a poo poo no matter how much illicit Brazilian HGH avocado ice cream he ingests.

He could crap out at any instant, or maybe push it out to 41 or 42 if he's lucky, but I feel like that's the outer limit of what's plausible.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brady is going to win another superbowl and turn hard on Trump so he can be governor of Massachusetts.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

*tuts quietly* zee patient is exhibiting strong feelings of self-harm and loathing, eeh does not take zee better quarterback even vhen offered

I'd trade Derek Carr to not have Tom Brady.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

sean10mm posted:

Brady's career is going to end sometime, if nothing else he'll get injured and at 40+ won't be able to recover worth a poo poo no matter how much illicit Brazilian HGH avocado ice cream he ingests.

He could crap out at any instant, or maybe push it out to 41 or 42 if he's lucky, but I feel like that's the outer limit of what's plausible.

So just how many statues of the players who Corey Wootton's Brady will be built? I'd have to imagine it's at least 3 for the other AFCE teams.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

whypick1 posted:

So just how many statues of the players who Corey Wootton's Brady will be built? I'd have to imagine it's at least 3 for the other AFCE teams.

How many statues are there of Mo Lewis?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Brady is going to win another superbowl and turn hard on Trump so he can be governor of Massachusetts.

I mean, Mass elected Mitt Romney do it doesn't have to be too hard a turn

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i would take a QB who would increase my super bowl chances.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

whypick1 posted:

Bernard Pollard has unfinished business.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

I still believe (against any current eye tests) that Brady is going to go out in the next couple of years and it won't be pretty.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Lot of people counting out touchdown Tom in this thread. Pretty sure he's going to play till 53 years old, then retire just because he feels like it instead of being forced out in any way.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a neat cape posted:

I mean, Mass elected Mitt Romney do it doesn't have to be too hard a turn

Mass has turned HARD left since then, the MAGA hat was a big loving deal and that's why Tom didn't say "HE'S MY BEST FRIEND GET OVER IT"

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Athanatos posted:

Lot of people counting out touchdown Tom in this thread. Pretty sure he's going to play till 53 years old, then retire just because he feels like it instead of being forced out in any way.

He wont retire until he vanquishes The Final Manning

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Volkerball posted:

I'd trade Derek Carr to not have Tom Brady.

Oakland sends Derek Carr
San Francisco sends 2017 7th
Tom Brady stays on the Pats

Done and done

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TheHoosier posted:

He wont retire until he vanquishes The Final Manning

I don't think Cooper is going to ever join the NFL at this point :v:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Mass has turned HARD left since then, the MAGA hat was a big loving deal and that's why Tom didn't say "HE'S MY BEST FRIEND GET OVER IT"

Not to mention wearing one of those in Boston will get you beat up

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Not to mention wearing one of those in Boston will get you beat up

The people at my job try and piss each other off by saying, "You know what that guy you voted for did yesterday?" when they're talking about Trump.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I feel like that would have been a better solution than just remaining quiet.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Our current governor is republican.... sooo....

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Historically what pro athlete lasted the longest in the battle with Father Time?

Nolan Ryan?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Historically what pro athlete lasted the longest in the battle with Father Time?

Nolan Ryan?

Gordie Howe played professional hockey at 52.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

^^^ Oooh, he probably wins

George Blanda played until he was 48, but those last couple were as a kicker. Ryan probably has the edge there...and not just because I don't want Ryan to put me in a headlock for slighting him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nolan Ryan?

Jagr

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nolan Ryan?

Bernard Hopkins

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Jagr is going to play until age 67 and will still be banging 22 year olds on the reg.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I got to see Jagr play last year and I couldnt believe my eyes. He only rotated in for a few minutes at a time but he was still top notch from what my poor hockey knowledge could tell.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Vince Carter is still dunking on NBA players at age 40

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Brett Favre was still playing great before the Saints bountied him into retirement.

Dan Henderson nearly won the 185lbs UFC title at 46 because he can still knock people on their rear end by barely touching them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nolan Ryan?

I'm ashamed at all these trick rear end sports fans not giving Gary Player his due.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Brett Favre was still playing great before the Saints bountied him into retirement.

Dan Henderson nearly won the 185lbs UFC title at 46 because he can still knock people on their rear end by barely touching them.

Hendo is a fantastic serious answer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Martina Navratilova and it's not close.

She won mixed doubles at the US Open when she was fifty

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

Martina Navratilova and it's not close.

She won mixed doubles at the US Open when she was fifty

Who gives a gently caress about tennis.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bernard Hopkins won a legit light heavyweight belt at 49 years old.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Satchel Paige pitched at a high level well into his 50s, including a one-game contract that he pitched like two innings in at 59

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
whoa

https://twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/846547979590864896

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

By my count, there were the same number of points scored as there were forward passes attempted as their were black people present.

All kidding aside, that looks pretty drat good for almost 80 year old footage.

The refs look like milkmen though. Or asylum orderlies.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That loving Tebow rear end windup 20 seconds in, my god

• Locked thread