Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Janet and Cole are good. The other two are unfunny fat British idiots.

Seconded. Or thirded or whatever. The Cole/Janet riffs of Dirty Dancing and The Lost Boys are both excellent IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I happen to think the Brit guys jokes are good but the delivery is too fast paced.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Xylorjax posted:

Seconded. Or thirded or whatever. The Cole/Janet riffs of Dirty Dancing and The Lost Boys are both excellent IMO.

They should have their own Rifftrax channel doing only 80s movies.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I saw Icebreaker. It's odd how much better Time Chasers was. They had the audacity to put "Ode to Joy" in their Die Hard knockoff but didn't know how to make one—Sean Astin is a fairly useless hero and Bruce Campbell takes over the place for seemingly no reason. I'm guessing a free trip to a ski resort was a significant factor in the actors agreeing to do the movie. Weird that Astin might have gone straight from this to Lord of the Rings.

2DCAT posted:

I'd be the happiest person ever if it was Gymkata

I'm surprised they haven't already done Gymkata. That and The Visitor.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Visitor is bad, but it's also incredibly boring for long stretches of time. There's maybe 10-15 minutes of watchable film there (opening insanity, anything with space Jesus, bird attacks, and space grandpa running down 10 flights of stairs at the mall). Easily my most disappointing Drafthouse Films purchase.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I still hope for a cut of Surviving Edged Weapons.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Bridget & Mary Jo DVD is funded

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Visitor is bad, but it's also incredibly boring for long stretches of time. There's maybe 10-15 minutes of watchable film there (opening insanity, anything with space Jesus, bird attacks, and space grandpa running down 10 flights of stairs at the mall). Easily my most disappointing Drafthouse Films purchase.

I may be in hte minority, but I always have a blast watching that movie. There are some very Italian stunts in that movie. Also Shelly Winters slapping the girl for real.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Day of the Animals riff was released today... This movie is...odd.

However "Up to my ears in bull" was a great joke!

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Canned Panda posted:

Day of the Animals riff was released today... This movie is...odd.

It was sort of amazing how quickly Nielsen's character went from "vaguely racist annoyance" to "bear wrestling rapist"

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
8 hours left, so if you haven't backed it then you probably should. 10 shorts and at least 2 mp3s for $1.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-17-samurai-cop-beach-party-and-myste

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which release this month would be the must have movie of the month?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Which release this month would be the must have movie of the month?

Ator & Day of the Animal are both very good. Either is well worth the money.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Kevin, Mike, and Bill are live as the Kickstarter wraps up. Mike is telling a story about an orb weaver and a $.99 can of mushrooms

https://live.kickstarter.com/rifftrax-mike-bill-and-kevin/live/rifftrax-kickstarter-2017-the-final-countdown

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll go with Day of the Animal once I get the Kickstarter store credit and once there's a sale. Which should be soon, and Easter.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
So when is the official announcement of the Mystery Show?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

So when is the official announcement of the Mystery Show?

Monday.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...95b3c8d4f000020

It's The Five Doctors.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
That was not the one I was expecting.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No wonder they didn't want to announce it before the event ended.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

So is this a good thing or not? I really don't care about Dr. Who.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ballz posted:

Exactly. What a terrible thing to tease us with.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Fowl posted:

Exactly. What a terrible thing to tease us with.

In my head, it's still Gymkata

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ballz posted:

It's an average episode of the show, it's not the best ever and it's far from the worst. The only unique thing about it is the presence of several former stars who came back for the show's anniversary. It's a really strange pick for Rifftrax. There's also a 0% chance it'll ever get a DVD or VOD release due to licensing.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Disappointed it's not bigger like Men in Black or something. I'll still probably see Samurai Cop but am glad I sat out the Kickstarter this year.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Mike needs to go ahead and just grow a beard.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cardamommy Issues posted:

Disappointed it's not bigger like Men in Black or something. I'll still probably see Samurai Cop but am glad I sat out the Kickstarter this year.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you're saying something like this; I like that they're doing a thing I'll pay money for but I wont spend a buck upfront even if I get $20 worth of riffs in exchange.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Five Doctors is essentially Doctor Who's greatest hits from the first 20 years, but one of those greatest hits albums where they have to re-record some songs for legal reasons. It's not the best choice for those who don't understand the show, but considering its self-contained story and film-length run-time, RiffTrax chose something that fits the mold of a live show.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I just know that unless they promise something big up front, I'm not contributing to the kickstarter next year.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The "greatest hits" thing does make it a good choice- there are a few different monsters, a campy bad guy, and definitely some really goofy moments (including two instances of female assistants sorta randomly falling over).

Was always curious to see a riffing on classic Who.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't like Doctor Who but I thought whichever of the Doctor Who VODs I bought was really funny so maybe this will be funny too.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

all-Rush mixtape posted:

The Five Doctors is essentially Doctor Who's greatest hits from the first 20 years, but one of those greatest hits albums where they have to re-record some songs for legal reasons.

I like this description. For those that don't know, the whole point of this episode is that they got all five Doctors in one story for the show's twentieth anniversary, except one was played by a new actor because the original was dead, and another only appeared in repurposed footage from an unfinished episode.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
During their announcement video I was really hoping Peter Capaldi was gonna pop up and yell at them to get out.

On that note please please please for the love of all that's holy let Tennant/Smith/Capaldi show up for a quick riff. Because my god that would be amazing.

so would Eccleston but I don't think he'd do it

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ya'll need to post your favorite films:

RiffTrax‏Verified account @RiffTrax 2m2 minutes ago

RiffTrax: This raises an important question: Which Chuck Norris films would YOU like to see us riff?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

GreenNight posted:

RiffTrax: This raises an important question: Which Chuck Norris films would YOU like to see us riff?

Have they done Invasion:USA yet? If not, I'd love to see that.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

VolticSurge posted:

Have they done Invasion:USA yet? If not, I'd love to see that.

I literally just tweeted that to them, and apparently so have a lot of other fans.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I just want them to do an episode of Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos. Or every episode.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

GreenNight posted:

Entire Canon Films catalog imo

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I think the correct answer is Sidekicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching No Retreat No Surrender and man it can get kind of creepy. Like the jerk sensei talks about how he's going to bone Kelly and then five minutes later you learn that she just turned 17,

• Locked thread