Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

HycoCam posted:

Those shoes are even goofier than boat shoes.

As a potato treat they ain't bad...

Wait, there are potato hush puppies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Brother Friendship posted:

CA so appealing, PA a lost cause.

Lol, you should ask citizen tayne if you can move in with him in Pittsburgh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HycoCam posted:

That is how you derail a thread. Chili is meat stew--there are no beans in chili, just peppers.

:whitewater:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

HycoCam posted:

That is how you derail a thread. Chili is meat stew--there are no beans in chili, just peppers.

:wrong:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

chili is a spicy vegetable stew, predominantly of chilies and tomatoes.

Adding meant (con carne) and/or beans to it is pretty common and perfectly acceptable.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

NecroMonster posted:

Public confirmation that Putin did in fact influence the US elections would probably strengthen Putin's position by re-enforcing the image of him as a strong and cunning man.

If the US goes to war over it that is likely to attract allies to Putin's Russia, if the US refuses to go to war over it it makes us look really weak, and Putin look really drat strong.

Lets nevermind the damage done by making the US look weak in the first place.

Putin would want this influence as public as possible, because that just improves his position in nearly all regards.

Under just about any other administration other than Trump's, there are other options for retaliating against Putin than war. The simplest would be just reaffirming the sanctions and other efforts to block Russia diplomatically and economically, since that's an arena America can win if sufficiently motivated. Heck you can even amp up the proxy war aspect of Ukraine or provide support to protesters in Belarus (and even in Russia), turnabout is fair play and America would be empowered by a narrative that the regime in Russia presents an existential threat to them if they have the means and motivation to puppet a U.S. President. It might "look weak" to have been influenced in the first place, but it also justifies a strong response.

Seriously, it might be hard to imagine a time past Trump (where we survive), but the next non-compromised-fuckup administration is going to finally free people in government to say "what the poo poo just happened and how can we make sure it never happens again?"

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

fits my needs posted:

Lol, you should ask citizen tayne if you can move in with him in Pittsburgh

Unless if he lives at Hogwarts library I aint giving up my job and I'd still be in PA soooo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ok i had heard of the Mandela effect before but i didn't know there's a whole thing of people on reddit who believe it's evidence of passing between different realities/timelines and any vague evidence they can find of the thing they think they remember is what they call "residue" of the other timeline lmao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

he's either lying or he's got a real weird politcal masochist fetish. If I had to guess I'd think he's just pouting like a bitch.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tacodaemon posted:

ok i had heard of the Mandela effect before but i didn't know there's a whole thing of people on reddit who believe it's evidence of passing between different realities/timelines and any vague evidence they can find of the thing they think they remember is what they call "residue" of the other timeline

it's not even vague evidence it's other people misremembering the same kind of thing.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

ok i had heard of the Mandela effect before but i didn't know there's a whole thing of people on reddit who believe it's evidence of passing between different realities/timelines and any vague evidence they can find of the thing they think they remember is what they call "residue" of the other timeline lmao

humanity has utterly failed itself

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"BUT I VOTED TO gently caress OTHER PEOPLE OVER, NOT MYSELF"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

he's either lying or he's got a real weird politcal masochist fetish. If I had to guess I'd think he's just pouting like a bitch.

his masters don't like that they spasm'd for two weeks and didn't get a proper bill to the floor.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
No tweets in 21 hours wow :rip: die old and leave a fat corpse

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

eonwe posted:

the best pokemon is bulbasaur and gently caress you if you disagree

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

FAUXTON posted:

"BUT I VOTED TO gently caress OTHER PEOPLE OVER, NOT MYSELF"

Why is trump deporting MY husband??!?!?!?!

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Dolash posted:

Under just about any other administration other than Trump's, there are other options for retaliating against Putin than war. The simplest would be just reaffirming the sanctions and other efforts to block Russia diplomatically and economically, since that's an arena America can win if sufficiently motivated. Heck you can even amp up the proxy war aspect of Ukraine or provide support to protesters in Belarus (and even in Russia), turnabout is fair play and America would be empowered by a narrative that the regime in Russia presents an existential threat to them if they have the means and motivation to puppet a U.S. President. It might "look weak" to have been influenced in the first place, but it also justifies a strong response.

Seriously, it might be hard to imagine a time past Trump (where we survive), but the next non-compromised-fuckup administration is going to finally free people in government to say "what the poo poo just happened and how can we make sure it never happens again?"

Sir this is a prison please put your personal effects in the bag and sign here.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

NecroMonster posted:

humanity has utterly failed itself

appreciate the congrats

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

go ahead put some corn in that chili

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

tacodaemon posted:

So jeff glodblum is actually dead? :qq:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nonsense posted:

his masters don't like that they spasm'd for two weeks and didn't get a proper bill to the floor.

obamacare not dying has got some of the donor class real riled up

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

NecroMonster posted:

chili is a spicy vegetable stew, predominantly of chilies and tomatoes.

Adding meant (con carne) and/or beans to it is pretty common and perfectly acceptable.

Neither chilies nor tomatoes are a vegetable... what's the veggie that goes in it?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
A couple of highlights:
"Neighbors talk of clusters of Secret Service agents lingering on the pavement, conversing in loud voices and even changing their shirts in public view."

""Their exasperation peaked Monday when city workers installed two additional “No Parking” signs — not in front of Trump’s house, but outside Friedman’s residence next door.
(...)
“I started screaming,” Friedman said.""

"Friedman and her husband wrote a note to the couple on engraved stationery. “It said, ‘Welcome to Kalorama, we know you’re going to love it — we have,’ ”

I didn't think it would happen but I'm with the Trumps on this one. Please keep annoying these sheltered motherfuckers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

al pastor with corn

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

rear end cobra posted:

i'd rather he take bannon with him if its all the same to you.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

#notmypresident

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the bearenstain bears thing is easy to explain tho.

everyones teacher pronounced it wrong, and the cartoons also had hosed up pronunciation

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rear end cobra posted:

Lol didn't realize he hadn't tweeted since the breaking fox news alert that the president was working

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tacodaemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYonTBRM0VI

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/senfranken/status/846486201402101766

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/846400476715233280

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gringostar posted:

#notmypresident

nutmypresident

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The us military just said in effort to reduce casualties in mosul they have decided to use morter fire instead of airstrikes.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

nutmypresident

bill fits that tagline better

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/SpyTalker/status/846486577534652416

Even the yachts are loving.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

MysteriousStranger posted:

Neither chilies nor tomatoes are a vegetable... what's the veggie that goes in it?

Zucchini. Chili is like 70% zucchini. That's why chili fans are called "zukers". When we zukers see that hot, bubbling chili, we can't help but dunk our potato chips into it and say, that's some fine zuke, as streams of white, zucchini-laden chili streams down our mouths and necks and over our collarbones and into our dicks

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
You People Made Me Give Up My Peanut Farm Before I Got To Be President

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
#nutmypresident

• Locked thread