Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Artem Lobov explained that the reason he loses fights all the time is because he has to take fights on short notice because people won't book fights for him in advance because they are scared.

Not even Trump, Conway, Spicer and Bannon could come up with something like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Where are all these insane Lobov quotes coming from?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I would guess from Artem Lobov or his Hispanic imposter Arturo López.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Everyone being tangentically related to Conor in some way as their claim to fame is confusing.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Everyone being tangentically related to Conor in some way as their claim to fame is confusing.

I know of at least 2 local area gyms that became SBG franchises just to do that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Secret technique to have very long arms while not weighing that much could be yours.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Work Friend Keven posted:

Secret technique to have very long arms while not weighing that much could be yours.

wouldn't worry about it, not advantageous

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Stefan Struve looks around in bewilderment

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Work Friend Keven posted:

No, Jon Jones has other skills than that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

No, Jon Jones has other skills than that.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
For his 50th fight Gegard Mousasi is taking on Chris Weidman, who is going to win?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dan Didio posted:

I will accept this bold claim on faith.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/at-the-drop-of-a-hat-artem-lobov-and-the-merit-of-fighting

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

Lobov had a good job with Bank of America and progressing along that path was his priority. With a masters degree in finance already to his name, he was in the process of doing his CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exams when the success of one of his team-mates convinced him to abandon his aspirations for a career in banking.
Conor McGregor counts Lobov as his main sparring partner and a key member of his team. McGregor’s achievements in MMA have been unprecedented for an Irishman. When Lobov saw that earning a successful living in the sport had become tangible, he quit his job and followed in McGregor’s footsteps.

Hmmmm, wouldn't really say hes followed in Conors footsteps.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I am 100% on board with bankers getting their skulls caved in.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

red19fire posted:

I am 100% on board with bankers getting their skulls caved in.

Same.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Going from CFA to MMA for the money is quite a decision.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

For his 50th fight Gegard Mousasi is taking on Chris Weidman, who is going to win?

idk but hope saucy does

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
“I want everyone to say ‘who the hell is this guy',"

Mission accomplised, my Russian friend.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

lol

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Dan Didio posted:

lol. If only it was 'who the fook is this guy'

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Bankers are not known for wise financial decisions.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...n-conor-mcregor

Mixed martial arts is the fastest-growing sport on Earth. Beloved by Vladimir Putin and its so-called ‘godfather’, Donald Trump, what does this bloody spectacle say about the world we live in? We took a seat cage-side…

Trump not only embraced the sport, he explored the possibility of himself developing a rival to the UFC called Affliction. He signed up a famous Russian fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, close friend of Vladimir Putin, to star in his events. The experiment ended after a couple of promotions but for all his efforts, Trump was inducted as a “visionary” into the New Jersey State Martial Arts Hall of Fame (Trump is known to have “fought” just once in public himself: at WrestleMania XXIII in 2007, he body-slammed the wrestling promoter Vince McMahon outside the ring before, bizarrely, shaving his hair (an encounter preserved for historians on YouTube).

In the opening skirmishes of his political war on nuance, Trump seems to have identified the UFC, or at least fans of it, as likely fellow travellers. “It’s sort of like – somebody dies!” he said, when asked about the sport’s appeal. ‘I’ve never seen anything like it … It’s not like, ‘Oh, how are the judges voting?’ It’s like, you know, somebody just succumbs.”

That particularly adolescent – now presidential – fantasy is never quite as simple in reality. Watching the UFC up close, without the edits and the highlights, you have a strong sense of the vulnerability of the fighters as well as their prowess. They look as likely to have been bullied as to be bullies. The strangest moment in a long evening at the O2 comes with the farewell fight of 38-year-old Brad Pickett, a native East Ender, who has been a stalwart of the UFC for nearly a decade, and who has earned the nickname “One Punch”.

In case you were in any doubt of his cockney connections, Pickett enters the arena to Chas and Dave’s song Wallop, wearing a string vest, braces, his customary trilby, and reading a paper (I’m guessing not the Observer). He is, given the valedictory nature of his performance, also in tears. He is fighting a lithe Ecuadorean kickboxer, Marlon Vera, who is at least a foot taller than him and just over half his age. For a couple of rounds the farewell fight seems to be going to plan; in the third, however, as Pickett tries to land a trademark punch, Vera knocks him out with a vicious kick to the jaw. Pickett tries to get up and fight on, but is stopped by the referee. In tears again, he leaves his trilby in the centre of the Octagon. Later in his press conference, he is still bemoaning the way that the fight ended. He doesn’t believe he had lost consciousness. He’d told the referee: “If you are going to stop it make sure I’m stiff”, but he hadn’t listened. Still choked, he speaks a little about his long history with the sport, how at his first MMA fights on Portsmouth pier he didn’t even get paid: “Just a free seat for my mum and dad. It wasn’t even a sport really, at all then,” he says, “but look at it now, all around the world.”

Lid fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 27, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Rip to brad once punch.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Not Weidman

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Weidman takes rounds 1 and 2, gets cream crackered in the third. It'll be good.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Weidman is the Holly Holm of middleweight.

I love Holm and think she's the true champion.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Tsyni posted:

What

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tsyni posted:

uh ok

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Lid posted:

Marlon Vera, who is at least a foot taller than him

He's the Nate Diaz of bantamweight

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
JON JONES: "Hey Jon Jones' publicist, how do I, Jon Jones, get back into the hearts of the fans?"

JON JONES' PUBLICIST: "I don't know Jon Jones, how about holding a meet-the-fans event and getting up close and personal? They love that!"

JON JONES: "What a good idea! And do you know what else fans love more than meeting the stars? Paying $99 or more to do it!"

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Memento posted:

JON JONES: "Hey Jon Jones' publicist, how do I, Jon Jones, get back into the hearts of the fans?"

JON JONES' PUBLICIST: "I don't know Jon Jones, how about holding a meet-the-fans event and getting up close and personal? They love that!"

JON JONES: "What a good idea! And do you know what else fans love more than meeting the stars? Paying $99 or more to do it!"

I was leaving a Buffalo Wild Wings outside of St. Louis after a fight in 2011 or so and got handed a flyer from someone about a local gym hosting Randy Couture, and the gate to that was something like $120, but at least it included a copy of his book and probably a lesson on elbowing a punching bag or something.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'd pay $100 to go to a seminar with a pro fighter if it came with a copy of their book and some guided rolling time - I wouldn't expect to roll with them, obviously. But $100 for "hi there I'm Jon Jones thanks for coming out" *pose for a photo* move on is loving weak.

Also,

quote:

You & your guest will receive an 8"x 11" autograph picture or item you bring (no belts, offensive items & Jon Jones has the right to refuse any item in which you will get a picture autograph) while you stand with Jon Jones.

lol

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 28, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Will he autograph my bong shaped like a gas station dick pill?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah it seems dumb to most people to pay so much for an autograph but there is an entire comic book convention circuit, I mean just go to http://wizardworld.com/ and click on "autograph" under any of the names. $65 for Evan Peters, aka "the kid that got beat up in MMA movie Never Back Down" but only $40 for "Dexter's dead dad from the show Dexter"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Boco_T posted:

"Dexter's dead dad from the show Dexter"

I could have loving sworn that was the dude who played the T-1000 in Terminator 2.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Hundred bucks for a lesson? Hell yeah.

Hundred bucks for an autograph? gently caress off.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Yeesh, should have grabbed more money out of the car after he hit that pregnant lady, maybe he wouldn't be on the Con autograph circuit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
you and your guest shall not make eye contact with or touch jon jones

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sorry retarded wheelchair kid, you didn't earn that belt and i will not sign it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am extremely proud of myself.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCamozzi/status/846551358790651906