Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Last Friday I downloaded Metal Slug 3 and played it while I was away from home

Today I popped off the Joy-Cons, handed one to my bro, and we both played a couple levels without ever using the TV

The Switch is the greatest Nintendo console ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I finally found a Link amigo

"Soy Link, donde puedo encontrar a la princesa? "

I conjugated wrong, didn't I

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Anyone wanting Zelda Special Edition may want to check Prime Now

https://imgur.com/a/hqv1d

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The case that comes with the Special Edition is fantastic. I 100% recommend it.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Pro Controllers are up on Amazon.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tempura Wizard posted:

Just bought one, thank you friend

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lol

http://nintendotoday.com/4chan-nintendo-direct-rumor/?utm_content=buffer76273&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

maybe true? maybe not? lets find out together. i like the idea of the gamecube trigger work around but lol at anyone buying double dash.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Last Friday I downloaded Metal Slug 3 and played it while I was away from home

Today I popped off the Joy-Cons, handed one to my bro, and we both played a couple levels without ever using the TV

The Switch is the greatest Nintendo console ever made
:yeah:

I never played double dash so maybe i'm missing something but we have MK8 which is amazing, why play the older one?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tempura Wizard posted:

Why not? Grabbed one too. I heard they work great with Steam so I can use it there too.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Still waiting for the red joycon set to restock. Those look so slick

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm on the fence in regards to Isaac and Shovel Knight. I don't own either on other platforms. Do I want it on the Switch?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm on the fence in regards to Isaac and Shovel Knight. I don't own either on other platforms. Do I want it on the Switch?

Shovel Knight is a must buy if you loved 8 bit NES mega man and DuckTales.

I want to play Isaac, but I can't get over the look.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

LethalGeek posted:

:yeah:

I never played double dash so maybe i'm missing something but we have MK8 which is amazing, why play the older one?

Double dash is unique in the series with more item management. You have 2 drivers that can hold items. You can save something for later while still using stuff.

And people all have special items only they can get but that might not be unique to that game. So you can have a potential speed superpower combined with an attack super power. Stuff like that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I've put hundreds of hours on Binding of Isaac and it may be something you like on the Switch, though I havent bought it for the switch. Its got a ton of replayability.

Shovel Knight almost feels better on the switch than it does on PC, and its easily my favorite platformer ever made

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Shovel Knight is a must buy if you loved 8 bit NES mega man and DuckTales.

I want to play Isaac, but I can't get over the look.

Honestly I've never been crazy about the look, but about 20 hours in you just sort of completely stop noticing it (or I did)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

eonwe posted:

Honestly I've never been crazy about the look, but about 20 hours in you just sort of completely stop noticing it (or I did)

It's a conversation I don't want to have with my wife when she watches over my shoulder, and I don't hide purchases from her. Gotta keep the marriage healthy.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
there's a new system update out!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Vikar Jerome posted:

What does it do?!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

I'm pumped as hell for General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is that pikman game for the 3ds still coming out

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol

http://nintendotoday.com/4chan-nintendo-direct-rumor/?utm_content=buffer76273&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

maybe true? maybe not? lets find out together. i like the idea of the gamecube trigger work around but lol at anyone buying double dash.

Nintendo Direct 4.1.2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Isaac is not on the EU shop? Annoying

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

In a better world, Megaman Legends 3 would be perfect on the Switch

I'll take Legends 1 and 2 on VC as consolation, however

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol

4chan does have a better track record than most lately with leaks of this nature and it all looks sketch as gently caress but drat I'd love me some Super Mario Maker Switch

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

chaleski posted:

In a better world, Megaman Legends 3 would be perfect on the Switch

I'll take Legends 1 and 2 on VC as consolation, however

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Early reports are this update fixes the Switch taking over the input on certain TVs.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The thing that makes it look fishy besides the date is why a HD version of Paper Mario 2, a great game that a little odd they would this over just being lazy and doing it for the also mentioned Gamecube VC in the same post. Thousand Year Old Door is the type of game they wouldn't bother to update in favor of something you figured they would do a HD version in that era, like Mario Sunshine.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rirse posted:

The thing that makes it look fishy besides the date is why a HD version of Paper Mario 2, a great game that a little odd they would this over just being lazy and doing it for the also mentioned Gamecube VC in the same post. Thousand Year Old Door is the type of game they wouldn't bother to update in favor of something you figured they would do a HD version in that era, like Mario Sunshine.

It's totally fake, but I could see doing a HD remake of TTYD using the color splash engine.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

4chan does have a better track record than most lately with leaks of this nature and it all looks sketch as gently caress but drat I'd love me some Super Mario Maker Switch

Well some of the last few Nintendo directs seemed to leak on 4chan but it's all anonymous so who knows.

Mentioning slopes for Mario Maker sounds fake.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol

I want to believe

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm more interested in watching giant bomb play Mario maker than me playing it. Mario isn't all that fun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

I'm more interested in watching giant bomb play Mario maker than me playing it. Mario isn't all that fun.

its actually insanely fun

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah, Mario Maker is one of the few potential WiiU ports I couldn't care less about

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sam Faust posted:

It's totally fake, but I could see doing a HD remake of TTYD using the color splash engine.

That would make more sense on why Paper Mario 2 was selected for a remastered instead of a VC release. Still doubting this is real.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should make another Viewtiful Joe. Or just remake it in HD :swoon:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Dang I really felt like Snake Pass would have been a good Switch fit but it's 30fps and PS4, etc is 60fps and Switch lacks a time trial mode. :(

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I think the update fixes wifi issues ya'll

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Feenix posted:

Dang I really felt like Snake Pass would have been a good Switch fit but it's 30fps and PS4, etc is 60fps and Switch lacks a time trial mode. :(

Nobody knows if that's the case. It comes from a poster on NEOGaf and they came to the conclusion that the Switch version doesn't have a Time Trial mode because it isn't in the eshop description

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Huh, my RDS case from Amazon finally shipped. It looks like they raised the price $5 putting it in line with GameStop, so it's a good thing I ordered it a few weeks ago. They're still $20 at Target though (for now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Well some of the last few Nintendo directs seemed to leak on 4chan but it's all anonymous so who knows.

Mentioning slopes for Mario Maker sounds fake.

Why do Nintendo fans fall for "leaks" like this?

• Locked thread