Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

got any sevens posted:

Lol, shipping containers would rust and collapse within like 100 years, wouldnt they? Not exactly the great wall.

There is a reason that after a decade of people trying to use shipping containers as prefab buildings it hasn't caught on. It's because shipping containers suck for anything other than shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

If you've ever met an architect this really resonates

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

The #hitler page

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nein. I refuse to believe this.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also hitler was a loving dweeb and if he was the same age now as he was when he took over he'd post in ADTRW.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

an actual dog posted:

The year 2017, everyone.

Remember when everyone was moaning about 2016?

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

Peanut President posted:

Also hitler was a loving dweeb and if he was the same age now as he was when he took over he'd post in ADTRW.

he'd be shitposting in art critique threads all day

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Peanut President posted:

What a kinder place this world would be if someone had just introduced young Hitler to manga.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A world in which Japan got nuked in WWI?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Heaven Spacey posted:

What a kinder place this world would be if someone had just introduced young Hitler to manga.

Ein Reich, ein Volk, ein Punch Man

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

The Brown Menace posted:

Ein Reich, ein Volk, ein Punch Man

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Climate change isn't an individual problem, it's a problem that requires government intervention. Sure you can help a bit, but it is not up to the individual to "fix it." It's up to the government to force businesses/communites to enact policy that will fix it. The individuals must merely adapt.

Wild concept here but individuals vote so you kinda do need to reach out to them and convince them that they're responsible for fixing it

Tiny Timbs has issued a correction as of 17:41 on Mar 26, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Buca di Bepis posted:

Wild concept here but individuals vote so you kinda do need to reach out to them and convince them that they're responsible for fixing it

This is actually a myth; voting has been automated and outsourced to diebold as it is more efficient and the votes go to the right candidate every time

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Are there good portrayals of predatory people? Also lmbo at people giving a poo poo about Sausage Party.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The editors of autostraddle dot com published 3k word long self-flagellating apology after publishing a single problematic opinion, which is horrifying. I can't imagine how that's good for anyone.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Isn't the catchall term for men and women "latino"?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Buca di Bepis posted:

Isn't the catchall term for men and women "latino"?

lol lets not

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I ❤ Salma Hayek

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

didnt he get caught forcefully fingering women in bars and then quite his job.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/feared-film-blogger-devin-faraci-937320

http://laist.com/2016/10/11/devin_faraci_allegations.php

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/785187367980118016

gee, maybe its like evangelicals and these dicks do it so they can prey on women and then look progressive.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

you don't have to be woke to be a creep.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

an actual dog posted:

you don't have to be woke to be a creep.

no but because the woke poo poo has the same purity bullshit that the evangelicals do(because half of them are the kids of evalangelicals and the foundation of thoughts carries over) they probaly have the same problem with creeps and scammers.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Faraci also wrote a fantastic defense of Woody Allen after the child molestation allegations came out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HMS Beagle posted:

Faraci also wrote a fantastic defense of Woody Allen after the child molestation allegations came out.

of course he loving did. i honest to god hate these idiots more then evangelicals, because at least evangelicals allegedly have faith in something. these people are just erudite sophist "progressives" who want everything to fit in a nice little box.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

of course he loving did. i honest to god hate these idiots more then evangelicals, because at least evangelicals allegedly have faith in something. these people are just erudite sophist "progressives" who want everything to fit in a nice little box.

lol if you still have any respect for evangelicals after they dashed all of their principles on the rocks for donbald trumps

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

lol if you still have any respect for evangelicals after they dashed all of their principles on the rocks for donbald trumps

true. but you sorta know what i mean. at least they have a backwards interpretation of the bible. the wokes don't have that excuse.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

#woke: We heard from readers who questioned the consent of the sexual encounter between the taco and the hot dog bun.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Harveygod posted:

#woke: We heard from readers who questioned the consent of the sexual encounter between the taco and the hot dog bun.

I'm so glad I'm alive to see these words arranged intentionally by a human

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

true. but you sorta know what i mean. at least they have a backwards interpretation of the bible. the wokes don't have that excuse.

i know where you're coming from but the wokes have their idiot brain ideology too. the main difference is the wokes didn't sacrifice everything they believe in for a supreme court seat

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I wanna ask is there any level of caring about representation in media that isn't just #woke? Like I think kids deserve to see people like them in cartoons and poo poo, but I don't think that's more important than people getting universal health care, is that wokeness?

Lightning Lord has issued a correction as of 11:09 on Mar 28, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lightning Lord posted:

I wanna ask is there any level of caring about representation in media that isn't just #woke? Like I think kids deserve to see people like them in cartoons and poo poo, but I don't think that's more important than people getting universal health care, is that wokeness?

Wanting to have a diverse cast that provide characters a wide range of viewers can identify with is a good thing. It's only when it reaches the point of, say, complaining about the lack of qenderqueer mixed-race bilateral amputees in a show set in the Old West that it becomes terminally stupid.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wanting to have a diverse cast that provide characters a wide range of viewers can identify with is a good thing. It's only when it reaches the point of, say, complaining about the lack of qenderqueer mixed-race bilateral amputees in a show set in the Old West that it becomes terminally stupid.

You've clearly never seen El Topo.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lightning Lord posted:

Wokeness is good. Woke Brands, which pretend to be woke in order to continue the same lovely nonsense, are bad.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

Caring about representation is good

It becomes bad when you use representation as a cloak for all of the other heinous poo poo you do to screw over minority communities (#woke)

Edit:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's kind of ironic that caring about poo poo to this degree in and of itself is a declaration of privilege. For genderqueer representation in premium cable programming to even appear on your Hierarchy of Needs, you have to be very comfortable

Business Gorillas has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Mar 28, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Wokeneas is 25+ years old now. Why the sudden new term for diversity? Remember captain planet, the burger king kids, etc?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

got any sevens posted:

Wokeneas is 25+ years old now. Why the sudden new term for diversity? Remember captain planet, the burger king kids, etc?

It's almost like languages change with culture!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This article is driving me insane