Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mithross posted:

I was maybe a third down the list of classics, and a quarter down the list of elites. Not very far along, really.

I've gained almost 20 max stamina and the train isn't stopping any time soon.

It stopped for me because I ran out of elite dungeons that give two stamina shards, and I don't have enough stamina to get a refill on one stamina shard rewards. It went on for a while, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I thought this U+ CM was gonna be rough because I have no medica for VI and my SBs are mostly junk aside from Shadow and Celes' BSB, but lol between that and an RW'd Cid, she completely melted. No Wall, no Full Break, no medica, no hastega, and only Celes' BSB for stat boosts. My gimpy level 60 Strago was hitting for like 35k per turn.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Hell, if you have any SBs for The Good FF6 characters (read: Celes/Terra/arguably Setzer with his BSB), you don't even need Raines RW against Terra; I did it with Celes (BSB/Indomitable), Terra (Fire Beam/OSB), Setzer (Dive Bomb), Mog (Shared Medica), and Sabin (+30% Boostga SB). With a RW Eblan Doppleganger, of all things.

Raines RW is basically the "I have no SBs for these nerds" option here, as opposed to being the only sane way to clear a CM like it has been in the past (Beatrix/Steiner U+ comes to mind).

If an en-element/OSB combo counts as any SB, I sure would like to know what you think of as good :v:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
idk how people bring poo poo like a level 60 strago to fights like that tho; the combo of the mandatory, fixed 3k ultima immediately followed by an ultimate meltdown (which did 1500-2000 damage to my entire party with moderate/major fire resist through two layers of magic breaks) should flatten any level 60 character from full hp

runic? magic blink?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Arbitrary Number posted:

If an en-element/OSB combo counts as any SB, I sure would like to know what you think of as good :v:

Raines BSB :v:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno, basically I'm at the point where I'm clearing every piece of content except the absolute hardest poo poo (soloing apoc raids for example) but I still have absolutely no clue how people do poo poo like bringing five level 65-80 characters to an u+ cm and win without overpowering amounts of realm synergy and ssb+ level breaks on all five people

like the numbers don't make sense to me at all, in ways that make me wonder if I don't understand fundamental game mechanics

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wizard on a water slide posted:

I dunno, basically I'm at the point where I'm clearing every piece of content except the absolute hardest poo poo (soloing apoc raids for example) but I still have absolutely no clue how people do poo poo like bringing five level 65-80 characters to an u+ cm and win without overpowering amounts of realm synergy and ssb+ level breaks on all five people

like the numbers don't make sense to me at all, in ways that make me wonder if I don't understand fundamental game mechanics

i feel the same way a lot of the time tbh but i've bolded the part which i think i'm personally missing

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

idk how people bring poo poo like a level 60 strago to fights like that tho; the combo of the mandatory, fixed 3k ultima immediately followed by an ultimate meltdown (which did 1500-2000 damage to my entire party with moderate/major fire resist through two layers of magic breaks) should flatten any level 60 character from full hp

runic? magic blink?

Lucky RNG mostly. Remember that synergy bonus is equivalent to 20 levels (I think?). With that setup I posted, I just melted her so fast she didn't even get off Ultimate Meltdown. 2 mages spamming Cid's BSB and Shadow spamming his BSB with reduced delay commands is absolutely disgusting. Honestly I probably would have had half my team eat it if her Ultimate Meltdown went off, but she still would have been at like 5% health or so and I think I could have finished her off with Celes or Shadow afterward anyway.

I had shell up and slapped her with a Magic Breakdown, but that was my only mitigation. I put Magic Lure on Celes to eat all the single target stuff, since I had her at lvl 99, and between that, synergy, and her already beefy RES, all of the single target stuff was doing like 600 damage to her, which I could basically ignore.

edit: Gearwise, I have pretty good stat sticks for VI, but Shadow's BSB and Celes' BSB were the only ones that I used for this fight. I also have Terra's en-fire and Strago's weird insta-KO USB, but never bothered popping them. I brought an SB-less Relm at lvl 68 for my healer, so it was literally a straight DPS race. Definitely would not have worked if there wasn't a completely broken BSB like Cid's to RW, though.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 28, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I thought this U+ CM was gonna be rough because I have no medica for VI and my SBs are mostly junk aside from Shadow and Celes' BSB, but lol between that and an RW'd Cid, she completely melted. No Wall, no Full Break, no medica, no hastega, and only Celes' BSB for stat boosts. My gimpy level 60 Strago was hitting for like 35k per turn.
Shadow's BSB is actually really good for damage, so far as physical breaks go, because while it's not something insane like OK's or Cid Raines' BSBs it still has fast-cast commands. Metamorphosis is still better for the fight, but that's only because it's so broken good that even if it can't hit a weakness it will still do better damage to bosses than most other BSBs that will.

I've been playing since last July, and between orbfests and other XP sources I've been able to keep up a stable pool of 65+ characters for just about everything since In the Footsteps of Greatness (~3 months ago). The flip side of this is that I only have a few characters at 99, but in general I have absolutely everyone at 50+ and I can easily dump eggs on someone who needs them to be 65+ for a CM. As for the Ult+ Terra fight, I recommend just keeping the party's health up before Ultimate Ultima and then blitzing her down after she fires it. Ultimate Meltdown has a 20% chance of coming up in her last phase, but that's assuming that she even gets a chance to cast it between Metamorphosis being nuts and Flare coming up as a forced action after UM/Tornado/Meteor (which stalls her further and which you can eat with the Runic status or Magic Lure).

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edge's Eblan Doppleganger is quickly replacing Yuffie's Gauntlet as my second favorite Super. It helps that I needed an FF4 hastega to go with Whisperweed Ballad.

Fang's SSB has also been pretty useful, it helped me beat Doomtrain without having to grab Affliction Break. Which I need to do once this event is over, I still have 9 Nightmare dungeons to finish.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I should've figured.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

runic? magic blink?

Most of my bad realm CMs are done with a lot of characters around level 65. It's easy for something like FF6, when there's a large set of characters with important skillsets that are doubled up on (White 4+ and Support/Dancer 5). FF6 also has a wealth of 3* and 4* items that can be reforged for actually good stats. It also helps Terra is pretty easy (relative to other U+ battles) and pretty squishy too.

Like, this team around 65 should work fine. No SBs except defaults, although a shared Medica would be nice. Maybe HP+ accessories on Relm?

Kefka: Memento Mori//Drainga - Dark damage RM if possible, Devotion if you don't mind RES loss - Raines BSB user
Celes: Curaga // Haste - Dr. Mog's for the RES +50% SB
Setzer: Full Break // Mental Breakdown - any RM, I went with Gau's ATK +10% + Haste
Mog: Magic Breakdance//(Memento of Prayer OR Renewing Cure or Faith if no Memento Mori) - any RM
Relm: Curaja/Shellga - Auto-Haste RM for Shellga

If you have a shared Medica, there's literally no worries about dying with 3 potential healers. You can shuffle around skills on Celes/Setzer/Mog/Relm, add in Magic Lure on Celes, or even switch Mog out for Terra/Strago and go double Raines BSB to try and burst her down before Ultimate Meltdown. Cid's Missions are like tricky puzzles, but Raines BSB (and upcoming Rapha BSB for Lightning Weak or Holy/Dark resisting bosses) is as close to cutting the Gordian Knot as it gets.

Nihilarian posted:

Edge's Eblan Doppleganger is quickly replacing Yuffie's Gauntlet as my second favorite Super. It helps that I needed an FF4 hastega to go with Whisperweed Ballad.

Fang's SSB has also been pretty useful, it helped me beat Doomtrain without having to grab Affliction Break. Which I need to do once this event is over, I still have 9 Nightmare dungeons to finish.

Eblan Doppleganger is my 3rd FF4 Hastega along Eddie's Song of Swiftness and Porom's Sync. If there's ever an FF4 boss with AoE slow though, I'll be ready.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 28, 2017

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Banner 2, yes that's #2

Dupe Gladius, dupe Crystal Glove

Dupe Gladius

fml

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arbitrary Number posted:

I should've figured.

One of these days there's going to be a CM that absorbs holy and dark damage, just watch.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
First pull on Phase 2 banner:
Apocalypse (Tidus OSB)
Tactician Magican's Cuff (Shantotto burst)
and a Dupe cresent wish.

2nd Pull:
.....a dupe Apocalypse.

Well, hopefully Quistis dress will be on the upcoming FF8 event banner.

Edit: I mean...I can't complain too much about a 7* Apoc, and Shan " I bless the rain" Toto's burst looks pretty good.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 28, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I continue to pull 2/11 and have an exactly 50% dupe rate on Anniversary Banners. Over the course of 7 pulls so far. It's getting silly.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
4/22:
Dupe Crescent Wish
Minfilia SSB
Shantotto Burst x2

gently caress you too, Anniversary. I wanted more than half the items on there and didn't get any that I was hoping for. At the very least its synergy gear for this new dungeon wing and I didn't have any XI and XIV items.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Still tempted to pull on this for a last shot at Tidus' OSB, but the rest of the banner looks solidly meh. Yuna's BSB looks flat-out bad on paper, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

8/44 on these event pulls. These seem like another nice set of pulls

A lot of non 5* stInkers though.

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
3/11:
Krile's BSB
Exdeath's SSB
Zell's SSB

I had nothing on this banner at all so I'm satisfied. I'm actually pretty happy I pulled Zell's SSB, I grabbed his BSB during the final Lucky Draw and I think I remember Duelist + Combat King being a pretty nice combo for him

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

Edit: I mean...I can't complain too much about a 7* Apoc
If you haven't already, you shouldn't combine them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pulled twice got shantotto bsb and exdeath's ssb twice, gonna quit while i'm behind and save my last 100 for banner 4 pulls

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Johnny Aztec posted:

It won't. The only Quistis relic on those banners is the Beast Killer (the Hastega/Quickcast relic). Next guaranteed recurrence of Quistis BSB is in the Squall USB event, which should be about five months from now.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Got a bit of a backlog of pulls to report.

First, I did a last minute pull on the Player's Choice banner and got Healer's Circlet! That puts me at 3/3 for amazing healer BSBs (Vanille, Eiko, Y'shtola).

Next, Phase 1 banner:
100 gems: Onion Armor!
50 mythril: High Summoner's Robe
50 mythril: Sephiroth's Glove, White Mage Robe (dupe), Orichalcum Dirk (dupe)
RNG loves giving me Onion Knight gear, I guess. That last pull was probably ill-advised since I had 4 dupes on the banner, but I really wanted another run at Tyro's USB or the bursts not belonging to Vaan. No such luck, though.

Phase 2 banner:
100 gems: Quistis's Dress (dupe)
50 mythril: Enuo's Scourge
That's twice now where the only BSB I pull is the one dupe BSB on the banner. On the plus side, I'm getting some nice dark-boosting gear. Here's hoping I pull Cid Raines's BSB from banner 3 for ultimate dark team shenanigans.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I guess since I have Shantotto's Burst it gives me a little more reason to pull on the Onion Knight banner. With Desch BSB and/or Imperil I could probably throw together a Lightning Mage team, and Rapha is coming in the Tactics event as a kind of mini-Raines.

I'm thinking:
-One pull on OK Banner
-One pull on Tactics Banner 1
-Pull too many times on the X event Tidus/Yuna/Auron/etc
-Spend mythril until I get Squall BSB and Irvine BSB during the next VIII event

And then it's time for Extreme Fest and Cloud USB.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Johnny Aztec posted:

I believe the only Quistis relic in the next event is the Beast Killer (Cerberus SSB).

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
1/11 on banner 2, I got Exdeath's SSB. Whoopdy gently caress do, I guess it might be a marginal improvement for my Mage team that I never use. Oh well, time to stock up for banner 4.

Tony Sorete
Jun 19, 2011

Manager de rock
I did a thing:

Yeah, this is what I came for.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2/11 on Banner 2

Selphie SSB
Shantoto BSB O-hohoho

A nice enough draw since I mostly pulled just to have some more mage Bursts. I'm tempted by Quistis BSB to do another draw but I'll probably just save my double pull for on of the next two banners.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Pulled again, got another dupe Cresent Wish and got the loving Dress. Okay, I'm good now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

1/11, quistis' burst. :geno:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Did a 3-pull because my 11-pulls are all budgeted for other banners.

0/3

whoops

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Thanks to everyone who hyped III banner 2, it's a nicer banner than I thought and I regret my life choices a little less.

Went 1/11 on the 2nd anniversary banner, dupe Minfilia shield :smithicide: Welp guess my luck is gone, though it seems like everyone is having kinda lovely pulls on this one?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Adel posted:

Thanks to everyone who hyped III banner 2, it's a nicer banner than I thought and I regret my life choices a little less.

Went 1/11 on the 2nd anniversary banner, dupe Minfilia shield :smithicide: Welp guess my luck is gone, though it seems like everyone is having kinda lovely pulls on this one?

I'd trade you an Apocolypse for your Minfilia shield there.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Still tempted to pull on this for a last shot at Tidus' OSB, but the rest of the banner looks solidly meh. Yuna's BSB looks flat-out bad on paper, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Its a good complimentary mage team burst. The healing is a bit lacking but the overall utility (mag/mind 30% buff) and the damage plus healing makes pretty solid. She's a good mage team solo healer or a good summoner/secondary healer.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2/11. Yuna bsb2 and Krile bsb. Cool!

Griz
May 21, 2001

1/11 and of course it's the one thing I already have on this banner (Minfilia shield)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cowcaster posted:

1/11, quistis' burst. :geno:

gimme!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Hell, if you have any SBs for The Good FF6 characters (read: Celes/Terra/arguably Setzer with his BSB), you don't even need Raines RW against Terra; I did it with Celes (BSB/Indomitable), Terra (Fire Beam/OSB), Setzer (Dive Bomb), Mog (Shared Medica), and Sabin (+30% Boostga SB). With a RW Eblan Doppleganger, of all things.

Raines RW is basically the "I have no SBs for these nerds" option here, as opposed to being the only sane way to clear a CM like it has been in the past (Beatrix/Steiner U+ comes to mind).

I ran OK/Ramza/Vaan/Tyro/Y'shtola for Terra. Aside from the one hard hit before mitigation was up she was pretty easy*. Even her 3k Ultima ended up not being a threat because she used it right after I used Asylum. I don't think I ever saw her use Ultimate Meltdown, or if she did I didn't notice.

* Vaan's BSB makes all magic heavy enemies somewhat easier to deal with. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yuna's BSB looks flat-out bad on paper, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Wat?

Yuna's BSB2 is amazing.

• Locked thread