Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So Sweden makes the worst games, got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
loving swedes and all their time spent making games. Get a real job, Sweden!

The White Dragon posted:

i am glad of it, that the only gyros i've ever aimed have been made by turkish expats in akihabara, at my mouth

Just lol if you haven't had gyros in Greece

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

The only good use for the shield rod is Galamoth and you're a big baby if you use it for anything else :colbert:

Why spend half an hour farming for a weapon that breaks the game when the game just gives you another one for free?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Healbot posted:

So Sweden makes the worst games, got it.

Nah it's gotta be South Korea or Russia

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is awesome. You get to be Riddick and he will Riddickize anything you say.

NPC: Hey Riddick maybe you can help me out, I need a hydrospanner from the mess hall and I don't know how to get it.
*player chooses 'Ok I'll help you no problem' from the dialog menu*
Riddick: *noncommittal grunt*

NPC: Hey Riddick can you go talk to that guard in Cell Block 10, he owes me a pack of cigs and a letter from my girl but the entire block is controlled by the Skull Boyz and so I can't get through to talk to him.
*player chooses 'Sure sounds good' from the menu*
Riddick: *brandishes shiv* It'll cost you.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

tap my mountain posted:

Nah it's gotta be South Korea or Russia

What, you don't want to play 17 free grindathon mmo's?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Motto posted:

Aiming stuff is the one consistently well-implemented use for motion controls and idg the beef people have with it. After playing botw I was twisting my ds4 like a moron and wondering why reticles weren't moving lol

Same

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Stux vs bloodychill showmatch on the console auto-aim fps of their choice.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The only way to settle any fight is Daikatana with Steam controllers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Splatoon's aiming is almost good, but then actually isn't duh because anything having to do with motion/gyros is bad

Look at this insane clown opinion

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Red Bones posted:

The KH1 remaster now lets you control the camera with the right stick like a normal human being instead of doing it with the shoulder buttons, which was probably the biggest issue I had with PS2 KH1.

KH games to me epitomize the problem of being unable to move your character, the camera, and do a basic action all at the same time

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

March Games Thread: Insane Clown Posturing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bloodychill posted:

yeah but then i'd have to go to greece

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

Why spend half an hour farming for a weapon that breaks the game when the game just gives you another one for free?

Crissaegrim doesn't break the game half as hard as Shield Rod.

Alright, maybe half as hard.

Alright definitely at least half as hard.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Someone buy that snake game and tell me if it's good please

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

The only way to settle any fight is Daikatana with Voice Command.

Ftfy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If Snake Pass is $10 I think I might check it out.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Someone buy that snake game and tell me if it's good please

I'm getting it tomorrow you will know.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Earth Table posted:

Maybe there can be a thread for the Controller v M+KB debate.

I would honestly love to see what new and exciting meltdowns could come from the discussion having the space to slowly ferment.
Then move it to D&D

bloodychill posted:

Man, I love gyros (close enough--->:burger:)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thimbleweed park is $20 which seems $5 steep but ron gilbert i guess thinks he doesn't have to redeem himself after The Cave. good luck ron

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is awesome. You get to be Riddick and he will Riddickize anything you say.

NPC: Hey Riddick maybe you can help me out, I need a hydrospanner from the mess hall and I don't know how to get it.
*player chooses 'Ok I'll help you no problem' from the dialog menu*
Riddick: *noncommittal grunt*

NPC: Hey Riddick can you go talk to that guard in Cell Block 10, he owes me a pack of cigs and a letter from my girl but the entire block is controlled by the Skull Boyz and so I can't get through to talk to him.
*player chooses 'Sure sounds good' from the menu*
Riddick: *brandishes shiv* It'll cost you.

Who can forget the classic DON'T WANT IT which amused me enough to record it like 7 years ago

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z43NFPLuDm8

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nier: Automata double secret ultra-true ending revealed.

https://twitter.com/bentolmachoff/status/846476110846017536

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/status/846516846518001666

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I spent most of the evening playing Assassins Creed 2 despite the controls and inability to move in the direction I want 75% of the time annoying the poo poo out of me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

a kitten posted:

Trulfar barnoi, dunhyohan turya

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

a kitten posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBqhIVyfsRg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I need my chao fix :goatdrugs:

I didn't realize the Sonic Adventure games were available on PC.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

mutata posted:

Stux vs bloodychill showmatch on the console auto-aim fps of their choice.

stux would win. He's who I was talking about. stux is a lot of things and "ridiculously good at video games" is one of them.

I would however still play the match. Or you can play against me on some pc fps. I'd go pad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I felt really old at a LAN thing when they wanted to set up a Black Ops II match on the PCs and there were some kids that were like, "Can I hook up a gamepad, aiming with a mouse feels weird"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I said come in! posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want all of the Panzer Dragoon games on PC.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Was Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn any good? There was a lot of buzz at the time about it being "the greatest game no one played."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Was Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn any good? There was a lot of buzz at the time about it being "the greatest game no one played."

It was a really unique RPG but I doubt its stood the test of time to be honest. It's Panzer Dragoon Orta that I really like, I still have my Xbox copy and it's playable on 360.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Give me a grand and I'll find out.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

It was a really unique RPG but I doubt its stood the test of time to be honest. It's Panzer Dragoon Orta that I really like, I still have my Xbox copy and it's playable on 360.

Hell yeah! Mine is in a storage box collecting dust somewhere, but just hearing that name makes me want to fish it out. God drat was Orta an outstanding game.

Edit: for people that haven't played it, it's a modern Star Fox that doesn't suck.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Most 3D Saturn games haven't aged very well. The ones that blend 2D and 3D fare better nowadays, so it's hard to really enjoy Panzer Dragoon Saga in this day and age, especially considering only an insane person would buy a legit copy.

Panzer Dragoon Orta does own, though.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I said come in! posted:

I don't know if it's a problem with the port or with my graphics card, but it randomly crashed my display drivers several times. I've requested a refund but I played for over 2 hours so I probably won't get it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I don't really have a dog in the great console vs. PC war but all the talk about playing FPSes on consoles reminded me of Shadowrun the FPS, made before Harebrained was a thing. One of the big things that they touted when they were in development of this game was that it was going to have CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY, i.e. one guy playing on his Xbox could play on the same server as a guy playing on his PC. In general Microsoft seems, or maybe seemed, real big on that sort of thing, but apparently as the story goes they simply couldn't find a way to keep PC players from rolling console players constantly, so the initiative was quietly shuffled off under the stairs somewhere and forgotten about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I always get confused between whether Syndicate or Shadowrun was the really good Xbox 360 shooter

• Locked thread