Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I was suicidal this morning. But now I'm not. Another BYOB success story.
Being teary during work sucked but I'd rather be a mess like that then for those thoughts to be normal.

Work now has 9 hour Sundays, but corporate finally admitted their quota system was retarded and halved the amount (but became stricter on what counts, which is fair.)

Bleh. I got the next two days off so I hope I can chill out and maybe get started on a proper job search

Please do not suicide, friend. I know that feel, and it is a terrible and lonely one, but also last night I supervised a service for a guy who had killed himself and his family clearly loved him so much and were so sad. It really bummed me out to think that your brain can trick to into believing that ending it all is the most logical and best thing to do :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I have a thread idea.

Voices from the beyond.

Probated posters with platinum can privately message the OP to pass on their musings.

dangerously close to evading probation there friend

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Elusif

How so, I regularly pm people good puns to post for me, is this really all that different. Anyways its a moot point, I don't have the required effort reserves to pursue such an endeavor.

Elusif

Is flanisher a different entity than vanisher?

death sext

no one knows for sure. some say flanisher is vanisher's superhero alter ego, after he was bitten by a radioactive flan. others say it's a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde situation.

me? I think it's the simplest option: flanisher is a sentient flan who likes to post

cda

by Hand Knit

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I was suicidal this morning.

Suicide Hotline: 800-273-8255
Live chat: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Text: 741741

Glad you're not anymore and I hope you have resources to help you out, but these are some good ones in case you don't.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

eonwe

PM me if you want to evade probation!

I won't post but i'll tell on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

death sext

I won't tell on you but I will pretend your joke is my own if it's funny enough

Piso Mojado

Probation evaders, huh? Looks like its hunting season. *thumb smears nutella under eyes*

death sext

my nutella :stonk:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Piso Mojado posted:

Probation evaders, huh? Looks like its hunting season. *thumb smears nutella under eyes*

Hey can I have that Nutella when you're done with it

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Piso Mojado posted:

I'm with you. *thumb smears vegemite under eyes*
"That's not a probe. This is a probe."

Macnult

Piso Mojado posted:

lol

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Is flanisher a different entity than vanisher?

would you rather eat a flan or a van? would you rather drive a van or a flan?

Manifisto

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

would you rather eat a flan or a van? would you rather drive a van or a flan?

you take the golden an in the tan van, you give it to dan who takes it to fran and then eats some flan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJA30w1TAXc

Piso Mojado

Manifisto posted:

hey man, there's no need to type up a long list and if you can't get to it np, but even if you had one or two things to suggest that would be greatly appreciated! I don't leave until thursday afternoon so it's not urgent.

sorry i forgot all about this.

barcelona is absolutely amazing. there is soooo much to see and do so dont waste it all on architecture. I mean def go see some of Guadis stuff (for sure La Sagrada Familia, la Pedrera) but dont bog down your entire trip with basillicas, churches, and apartment buildings imo. Do go do a walking tour of gothic quarter however. I would maybe plan the first half doing stuff like this until your acclimated to the metro and then start hitting up some of the mercats(la rambla and boquiera are the most tourist friendly). Unless things have changed in the past 10 years since i lived there, i wouldnt spend too much time at the beach - its good for a few good pics but dont plan on spending the day on it (unless they cleaned the place up significantly, especially sant sebastia..i know they were trying at one point). that said, there is A TON of stuff in barceloneta besides the beach. port vell is cool and there are some amazing restaraunts (especially off the strip). find some hole in the wall seafood and tapas joints around there, but maybe avoid the fancy tourist places because they are expensive (but worth it if you got the :10bux: )

if you can, i HIGHLY recommend you splurge and get tix to a FC Barcelona La Liga game. Its insane and nothing quite like it. waaaay different than any american sporting event for sure and youll always remember it!

i can give you some more info...but first, do you speak spanish?

alnilam

the first time i went to barcelona i was figuring okay, catalan is like a dialect or something and ppl here probably speak castillian spanish, and the second or third person i talk to (friendly dude partying on the street) doesn't speak castillian spanish at all and it turns out catalan is friggin crazy different and he refers me to his girlfriend who is from madrid

That being said most people did speak castillian so don't worry but it was an interesting surprise for me how different catalonia is from the rest of spain

Elusif

are there cats in catalan

Manifisto

awesome, thanks!

Piso Mojado posted:

i can give you some more info...but first, do you speak spanish?

well no, but that doesn't stop me from trying. phrasebooks and a vague recollection of college french mean I can pass by in basic situations (based on a few visits to spanish-speaking countries), but I could no more hold a conversation in spanish than I could fly to the moon

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hi friends, i'm getting ready to embroider some stuff because all of my goals are DONEZO for the march thing. so my reward is a whole two days off of work (because i have worked literally 18 days straight now) to make something just for me. yay. i never make anything pretty for myself, only practical, so that is a big deal.

what're you guys gonna do for the whole "congration u done it" portion of the ending first quarter?

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

ethical hamjobs posted:

hi friends, i'm getting ready to embroider some stuff because all of my goals are DONEZO for the march thing. so my reward is a whole two days off of work (because i have worked literally 18 days straight now) to make something just for me. yay. i never make anything pretty for myself, only practical, so that is a big deal.

what're you guys gonna do for the whole "congration u done it" portion of the ending first quarter?

Probably hug my dog and tell him he's a good boy. I do this a few times a day anyways but I also do it whenever I need to celebrate

alnilam

Can i hug your dog too

I Was The Fury

alnilam posted:

Can i hug your dog too

Yes but please do not move too quickly or try to give him a kiss because he does not 100% trust people who are not me and may snap (not bite tho)

I want to train him not to do it but it doesn't happen enough to be like "charlie please do not do that, it is very rude and scares people, including me" on a consistent enough basis

I do not know how to train dogs very well

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

ethical hamjobs posted:

im gonna listen to b r a d l y q u e s t
may even smoke a weed
perhaps ill have the good fortune to do it in good company

alnilam

I Was The Fury posted:

Yes but please do not move too quickly or try to give him a kiss because he does not 100% trust people who are not me and may snap (not bite tho)

I want to train him not to do it but it doesn't happen enough to be like "charlie please do not do that, it is very rude and scares people, including me" on a consistent enough basis

I do not know how to train dogs very well

Sorry if this is advice you've already tried but here's my don't snap bite or bark training technique

When they do the bad thing vyou hold they snout shut for like literally tens of seconds, it is a good way to give negative reinforcement without actually hurting an animal because they HATE it but it doesn't hurt

Related technique: gently pinning a cat to the ground and trapping them there for like 30 sec when they do a bad thing

Training by annoyance!

death sext

I suppose it's not exactly a reward, but I'm going to the Thai New Year's Day (Songkran) festival in DC in a couple weekends and I'm heck of excited.

I Was The Fury

alnilam posted:

Sorry if this is advice you've already tried but here's my don't snap bite or bark training technique

When they do the bad thing vyou hold they snout shut for like literally tens of seconds, it is a good way to give negative reinforcement without actually hurting an animal because they HATE it but it doesn't hurt

Related technique: gently pinning a cat to the ground and trapping them there for like 30 sec when they do a bad thing

Training by annoyance!

I can definitely try this but like I said he almost never does it at all and absolutely never does it to me. He's a very quiet very kind doggo who helped raise a kitty and has only snapped at like 4 different guys.

I have read about the cat pinning thing and used that quite a bit, but the cat was still a rambunctious jerk who clawed furniture and jumped on kitchen counters. I no longer live with the cat though so it isn't my problem anymore

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/846514051647705089

death sext

Barney I luv u :qq:

cda

by Hand Knit
My friend went to Barcelona and a guy in a motorcycle tried to snatch her purse and ended up dragging her through the street and she still has two bits of glass from the street in her arm, you can feel the nubs, it's cool.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

cda posted:

My friend went to Barcelona and a guy in a motorcycle tried to snatch her purse and ended up dragging her through the street and she still has two bits of glass from the street in her arm, you can feel the nubs, it's cool.

oh yeah. pickpockets are everywhere, especially in tourist spots so keep your poo poo close and dont bring a purse.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Is it wrong for me to sit in the smoking shack for half my shift because dispatch isn't calling me and I don't feel like calling them?

Manifisto

Piso Mojado posted:

oh yeah. pickpockets are everywhere, especially in tourist spots so keep your poo poo close and dont bring a purse.

hmmm yeah I've traveled lots of places and literally the only place I've ever been targeted by pickpockets (as in, people trying to take stuff directly off me) was BCN.

the littlest prince

i personally avoid pickpockets by not going anywhere ever

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Munchables posted:

Is it wrong for me to sit in the smoking shack for half my shift because dispatch isn't calling me and I don't feel like calling them?

for haaaaalf no

for the whole thing? eh.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I Was The Fury posted:

Probably hug my dog and tell him he's a good boy. I do this a few times a day anyways but I also do it whenever I need to celebrate

your dog is really good and nice and chill, give him three hugs from me

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
heck

vanisher

Flanisher is indeed the super hero alter ego of mild mannered BYOB poster vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher posted:

Flanisher is indeed the super hero alter ego of mild mannered BYOB poster vanisher

omfg

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext