Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

grack posted:

"This guy is skating full speed at my net trying to score a goal, what can I do? I know, I'll shove him directly in to my goaltender!"

marc-andre bergeron is that you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

grack posted:

"This guy is skating full speed at my net trying to score a goal, what can I do? I know, I'll shove him directly in to my goaltender!"

Sometimes it does result in a no-goal.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Suspicious posted:

Sometimes it does result in a no-goal.

In this instance it resulted in an Oh No! goal.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

grack posted:

We call that "The Orpik".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fits posted:

marc-andre bergeron is that you

Too soon. :negative:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Better video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKRYqMRIuOg

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ThinkTank posted:

Marner is looking very good at the moment as is seeming like the clear choice, but it wasn't so clear the day of the draft. They were essentially identical from a statistical perspective and Strome was the 6'2" 195lb centre where Marner is generously 5'10" 180lbs. Strome was the right selection given the information anyone had, although it was largely a toss up.

Kyle Turris was actually the highest ranked NA skater for the 2007 draft ahead of Patrick Kane. I know that sounds ridiculous in retrospective given Kane's gaudy numbers and subsequent superstar NHL career, but he was not considered a top level prospect by any means. Its only been the last 7 or 8 years that numbers have been viewed as the primary judge of a player's ability, as outlandish as that may seem. Although, to be fair Turris did rip it up in the BCHL.

BCHL is garbage tier tho

Powershift posted:

It means his arms still work, which is a good.

Here's how it happened.

https://twitter.com/CMS_74_/status/846539709295841280

I'm gonna say hyper extension or fracture in his neck rather than concussion. He looked like he was writhing in pain rather than the drunken flopping you see from concussed guys, but who knows.

Either way it always sucks to see a guy carted off like that.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Yak City has points in three straight and looks like he could be a useful 3rd liner next season for someone. I'd like it to be the Blues, but I imagine he wants more money than they'd be inclined to give him.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Rip hawks

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Good news: Lack is being released from the hospital tonight.

https://twitter.com/eddielack/status/846572022004154369

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Kilza posted:

Good news: Lack is being released from the hospital tonight.

https://twitter.com/eddielack/status/846572022004154369

Holy poo poo after just watching that video this was a good follow up post.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gunjin posted:

We call that "The Orpik".

He did that so many times on the Pens.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I don't know what's gotten into Sven Andrighetto lately, but good for him. Dude scored twice tonight, he now has 7-4-11 in 13 games with Colorado. Plus the Flames won, one more win and they're in for sure, so best possible result, really, I've always liked Sven.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Colorado lost their 52nd game in regulation tonight. Five more and they join the wondrous ranks of the expansion Thrashers:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ATL/2000.html

How many names do you recognize? I got to 18.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Have you seen Colorado's schedule for the rest of the season?

Washington
St. Louis
Minnesota
Chicago
Minnesota
Dallas
St. Louis.

We're going through a six game losing streak after tonight, and there's a real chance we won't win another, and finish the season with 20 wins.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
yikes

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

corn on the cop posted:

Colorado lost their 52nd game in regulation tonight. Five more and they join the wondrous ranks of the expansion Thrashers:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ATL/2000.html

How many names do you recognize? I got to 18.

That is the saddest roster I've seen in years. My god.

What the hell is the Avs excuse?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Grraarrgghh posted:

Joe Sakic might be the worst GM in the league.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Did Lack get carted off in full gear? That must have been awkward as hell getting him on there and later cutting/getting it all off him.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Flipside: he didn't firesale what talent the team does have (even if it is likely damaged beyond repair).
I can see Duchene, Landeskog and Barrie going for far more during the offseason than what they were ever going to get before the deadline.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 28, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Grraarrgghh posted:

They have one player with more than 40 points, no players with more than 17 goals, no goaltending, maybe two good defenseman, a miserable coach and a mind-bogglingly lovely GM. The Ryan O'Reilly trade was awful. They're paying Gabriel Landeskog 5.5M/year, Erik Johnson 6M/year, Carl Sodeberg 4.75M/year and Varlamov 5.9M/year.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Their PDO, Sv% and Sh% in all situations is utter garbage, while their CF% and FF% are bad but not "league worst by a considerable stretch" bad let alone "historically" bad.
They're bad, but they're also getting unlucky which is just a hilarious combination. On pure "Corsi Hockey League" numbers, they shouldn't be historically bad.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Schlesische posted:

Their PDO, Sv% and Sh% in all situations is utter garbage, while their CF% and FF% are bad but not "league worst by a considerable stretch" bad let alone "historically" bad.
They're bad, but they're also getting unlucky which is just a hilarious combination. On pure "Corsi Hockey League" numbers, they shouldn't be historically bad.

Don't ruin my fanfic.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't know what's gotten into Sven Andrighetto lately, but good for him. Dude scored twice tonight, he now has 7-4-11 in 13 games with Colorado. Plus the Flames won, one more win and they're in for sure, so best possible result, really, I've always liked Sven.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that a talented young forward found success after being rescued from the "system" of you-know-who

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Varly had some injury trouble and the team in front of his is crap, but I seem to recall him having some good stretches this season stat wise (save for wins). Is he still worth it at that price tag or has he really declined? I've only really watched him maybe a handful of time this season and he hasn't look as terrible as his record suggests.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Three straight seasons of declining numbers is worrisome for a goalie.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Playing through a core injury is probably the fastest way to slam dunk your SV% into the trash so I'd give him a pass for this year and see how he heals up. Cap space looks tight-ish for the avs going forward but I don't see him getting bought out, although being stuck with him and pickard isn't the worst problem on the team

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

LumpyGumby you need to make one of those fire sale videos like they did for the Sabres a few years back, but for the Avs.

e: It would be therapeutic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Stars, please sacrifice a goat to satan so that we have a league average goalie next season

I'll try to find more animals to sacrifice for defensive talent, but one problem at a time, thanks.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

:rip: Stars, please sacrifice a goat to satan so that we have a league average goalie next season

I'll try to find more animals to sacrifice for defensive talent, but one problem at a time, thanks.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Furnaceface posted:

LumpyGumby you need to make one of those fire sale videos like they did for the Sabres a few years back, but for the Avs.

e: It would be therapeutic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo

Honest to God it I had the know how I would.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I will poop on you, so help me god

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eeeeeh, they got it done! last season with the tire fire goaltending.. and a lot of luck and timely comebacks. As much as I hate the two-headed Finn, I think the problem right now is Nill. His failure to address the quality walking and the general state of the d corps in the offseason is probably the real reason this year went to poo poo.

Injuries and bad luck and all didn't help, but that point drop is loving epic.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 28, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

LumpyGumby posted:

Honest to God it I had the know how I would.

I'm really hoping you guys don't win the draft lottery, because I could definitely see Landeskog, Duchene or Barrie doing well in a better set up. None of those set ups are Montreal, why do you ask?

Also, I infinitely prefer the Miller follow up.

To be clear, that's not a "I hope you guys stink forever and ever, give us back the Nordiques", this is a "if you win the first overall nothing happens this year and the fundamental problems with the lineup will get papered over until you get pasted next year too and that doesn't seem fair to Avs fans".

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 28, 2017

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

I wish former star players would stop taking over as coach/GM of the teams they played for. For every John Elway, there are many more guys who just torpedo their reputation in the one city in which they should be legends.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

ESPN's Golden Knights mock draft

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Those aren't the worst teams I could picture, but woof...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

For a moment I wasn't sure if it was a mock draft they were holding, or if the team was making a mockery of the draft. Guess it's both.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Expansion drafts are so loving lame, just give the new team some bonus picks in the main draft and make them scoop up some UFA's or machine gun some offer sheets. :colbert:

It's not like this is going to produce a team that performs any differently since I'm pretty sure their first season is guaranteed to suck no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Not surprising that Grubbauer is taken in all the projections. Glad the caps got Phoenix Copley back from the Blues for next season.

• Locked thread